Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lowtax
Nov 16, 1999

by Skyl3lazer
HEART OF WAR!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JYSM5r37-u0

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Noseybonk
Jul 17, 2012

Combat tub, best tub.

Lowtax
Nov 16, 1999

by Skyl3lazer

Mr. Noseybonk posted:

Combat tub, best tub.
From Flash Tub to Combat Tub, shmorky is totally tubular.

Firecube
Feb 15, 2012

"What do you mean we usually just play dead? Are you telling me I've been doing this whole opossum thing wrong for 20 years??!!!"
A thousand years from now, eight year olds will be in charge of designing combat vehicles for our military.

Just wait until the SUPER Combat Tub comes out. Man that thing is gonna have a gun and a death laser mounted on it.

Danger-Pumpkin
Apr 27, 2008

That's the way the bee bumbles.

Firecube posted:

A thousand years from now, eight year olds will be in charge of designing combat vehicles for our military.

Just wait until the SUPER Combat Tub comes out. Man that thing is gonna have a gun and a death laser mounted on it.

Don't forget the helicopter blades that can pivot down on their ridiculously thin stalk so you can use them to cut a dude into a million pieces!

married but discreet
May 7, 2005

Taco Defender
Ok that might actually be the funniest one of the bunch. Too bad Google is shutting down SA. :-(

Massive_Idiot
Jun 21, 2007

Receiving data bursts, everything to do with it.
Combat tubs and all this game is a pretty good representation of the modern warfare genre, I think it is a faithful homage to all of the Call of Duty games we love to play every day.

falconry
Oct 9, 2012
I kind of really want to see combat tubs modded into an FPS like ARMA or something now.

Wet Bandit
Nov 6, 2005

I demand a remake of this with Shmorky as Paul Shaffer, but with PS being funny. TIA.

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
So that hair thing was a metaphor about letting gay people into the military, right?

Bobbin Threadbare
Jan 2, 2009

I'm looking for a flock of urbanmechs.

Wanamingo posted:

So that hair thing was a metaphor about letting gay people into the military, right?

No, it was about abolishing the one and only issue hippies had with joining the armed forces.

tiistai
Nov 1, 2012

Solo Melodica

Wanamingo posted:

I wouldn't bet money on the author even knowing what a metaphor is.

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe

Wanamingo posted:

A game where the story is about the army letting people have hair, and none of the people in the army had any hair. If you translate that into a message about gays in the military, what would that message even be?

YouTube barfed up a video in my direction, and I think it might be the answer to all of Lowtax and Shmorky's prayers and be the ticket to the the big bucks and fame that they deserve. All they have to do is become sassy fat black women (if they aren't already) that refer to everyone as "McNigglets." You guys up for it?

horriblePencilist
Oct 18, 2012

It's a Dirt Devil!
Get it?
Wow, the AK-47 has REALLY stood the test of time.

Test Pilot Monkey
Apr 27, 2003

I've seen Westerns, I know how to speak cowboy.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lS75SXfa-Dw

Apparently the 1% can't afford light bulbs.

Suspicious Dish
Sep 24, 2011

2020 is the year of linux on the desktop, bro
Fun Shoe
I see you discovered Mario Kart 64.

Rickycat
Nov 26, 2007

by Lowtax
Not one door refused to budge. I'm calling fake.

Arkannoyed
Oct 31, 2003

If you're dissatisfied, disappear.

Rickycat posted:

Not one door refused to budge. I'm calling fake.

That's what he was doing wrong in Cry of Fear: he forgot to make fart noises to open the doors!

Cannonballoon
Jul 25, 2007

Those were the scariest brown doors since House Horror. Do you think they collaborated?

Spelling Mitsake
Oct 4, 2007

Clutch Cargo wishes they had Tractor.
All I could think of was Transformers.

Shmorky
Nov 6, 2002

IT'S TIM
that door sound is from Super Mario World.

PurpleXVI
Oct 30, 2011

Spewing insults, pissing off all your neighbors, betraying your allies, backing out of treaties and accords, and generally screwing over the global environment?
ALL PART OF MY BRILLIANT STRATEGY!
Man, how come we never see Shmorky and Mike Nelson commenting at the same time? Maybe they're the same person, mystery solved.

Obscil
Feb 28, 2012

PLEASE LIKE ME!

Shmorky posted:

that door sound is from Super Mario World.

The weird "mario" sound is actually stolen as well. There was a specific button in the original Luigi's Mansion that made Luigi call out for Mario. Just like in this completely original game.

Obscil fucked around with this message at 00:46 on Aug 18, 2013

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Test Pilot Monkey posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lS75SXfa-Dw

Apparently the 1% can't afford light bulbs.

What's that music at the beggining?

also:

Lowtaxico posted:

But yes, Fragmaster will [guest commentate]

yesssssssssss

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

PurpleXVI posted:

Man, how come we never see Shmorky and Mike Nelson commenting at the same time? Maybe they're the same person, mystery solved.

Mike Nelson is really Gabe Newell!

Mephiston
Mar 10, 2006

Requested_Username posted:

What's that music at the beggining?

Fantastic Face, by Colugo

Friends Are Evil
Oct 25, 2010

cats cats cats

Oh my god, you guys have to try Rikotrel. The last in Trelovision's acclaimed series. There's even an option to play in the Trelovision guy's made up language.

Friends Are Evil fucked around with this message at 08:10 on Aug 18, 2013

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

Friends Are Evil posted:

Oh my god, you guys have to try Rikotrel. The last in Trelovision's acclaimed series. There's an even option to play in the Trelovision guy's made up language.

So it's Al Bhed mode except there's no cipher? Awesome!

Cannonballoon
Jul 25, 2007

Friends Are Evil posted:

Oh my god, you guys have to try Rikotrel. The last in Trelovision's acclaimed series. There's even an option to play in the Trelovision guy's made up language.

"Rikotrel" doesn't quite have the same ring to it as TRELYATEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Mr. Noseybonk
Jul 17, 2012

Embrace the Horror!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=prNxuoWen6c

*THUMP**THUMP**THUMP**THUMP*

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

I had to watch the intro twice because that little gif in the lower right corner was really interesting

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.
Well, Mike certainly got what he asked for.

I assume you showed him the Playstation Underground video before you started ribbing on him, since it was basically comparable to a Japanese commercial.

Arsonist Daria fucked around with this message at 16:40 on Aug 18, 2013

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
One-Eyed beast would be a pretty good euphemism for penis.

Danger-Pumpkin
Apr 27, 2008

That's the way the bee bumbles.

frajaq posted:

I had to watch the intro twice because that little gif in the lower right corner was really interesting

I can't see what you posted over the sound of my unbelievably heavy footsteps, but I had to watch the intro twice because that little animation in the corner was really interesting. Has anyone seen my eyes?

Capilarean
Apr 10, 2009

paragon1 posted:

Pretty sure it already is one.

Lowtax
Nov 16, 1999

by Skyl3lazer

paragon1 posted:

Alternatively, "8-Eyed Beast" would be a pretty poor one, unless you're suffering from some serious wiener issues.

Pigbuster
Sep 12, 2010

Fun Shoe

frajaq posted:

Yeah, I want to see the sequel now. I need to know how Joe and Jim myvst healeins!

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous

Lowtax posted:

Alternatively, "8-Eyed Beast" would be a pretty poor one, unless you're suffering from some serious wiener issues.

The Malatora Syndrome.

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

"Ah," Ratz had said, at last, "the artiste."
I loved the thunderous steps that sounded like someone emptying giant bottles of water, or perhaps someone thrashing around in a rowboat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wb
Nov 19, 2004
im cool
Thanks for the LP's guys. They are pretty funny, although some are a bit too scary for me!

Libluini posted:

some weird graphic adventure that came with my Amstrad. Since I couldn't really read English at the time I was completely lost every time I tried to play it. It had a "radiation-poisoning-zone" near the starting point which killed me like three times in a row. And you carried a "suicide-pill" with you. My younger self, not knowing yet what radiation was or that "suicide" translated to "suicide" in my language, finally guessed the pill could maybe heal my poisoning. Another death later I got frustrated and gave up.

I was trying to find this game again a few months back. If you were wondering, it's Ground Zero by Tynesoft. It is even slower than I remembered.

• Locked thread