Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Beeb
Jun 29, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 25 days!
I got a good feelin' 'bout this! :buddy:

:suicide:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dreffen
Dec 3, 2005

MEDIOCRE, MORSOV!

Capn Beeb posted:

I got a good feelin' 'bout this! :buddy:

:suicide:

Gonna put this into the OP in the morning because it sums it up pretty perfectly.

-Zydeco-
Nov 12, 2007

Voluspa posted:

solo mallcrashers? tell me more.

1.Go mastermind
2.Get control freak
3.Wander around a mall window shopping while randomly firing off into the ceiling every once in awhile like a loon.

It was less impressive than I thought it would be.

Also since the guards in the club don't have pagers and can't radio the cops that mission is trivially easy now. :/

Bocc Kob
Oct 26, 2010
Just stealthed day 3 Frames with a group of randoms. That was crazy, the objectives totally change. :aaa:

Also had an awesome bug where the host's butt got caught in a door and he couldn't move until we tripped the alarm and SWAT shot him to death, so all in all a good run.

Sighence
Aug 26, 2009

Bocc Kob posted:

Just stealthed day 3 Frames with a group of randoms. That was crazy, the objectives totally change. :aaa:

Also had an awesome bug where the host's butt got caught in a door and he couldn't move until we tripped the alarm and SWAT shot him to death, so all in all a good run.

I too just stealthed this with 3 goons.

By 'stealthed' I mean 'ghost/mastermind went around shouting/killing all five guards and shooting the cameras before we did any mission stuff.' Took us six hours at least to get it down. :negative:

Tokubetsu
Dec 18, 2007

Love Is Not Enough
You guys hating on Ukranian job is hurting on my spirit. Some of us are at almost 24 hours played with nothing weapon mod wise to show for it okay? On the other hand I've got more masks than what to do with.

Mr Scumbag
Jun 6, 2007

You're a fucking cocksucker, Jonathan

Tokubetsu posted:

You guys hating on Ukranian job is hurting on my spirit. Some of us are at almost 24 hours played with nothing weapon mod wise to show for it okay? On the other hand I've got more masks than what to do with.

Exact opposite here. Aside from one scope, I have no need for weapon mods at all. I'm just hoping I get two of each soon so then only mask and cash will drop. Mostly cash though, I bet. Mask drops have been rare as hell for me until today, I got a few, somehow. I'm lvl 54 and still haven't made a mask though because all the designs I have look like poo poo.

ArchRanger
Mar 19, 2007
I'm tired of following my dreams, I'm just gonna ask where they're goin' and meet up with 'em there.

At level 48 I have three terrible masks, four colors (all involving turquoise except for a solid white), and almost every shotgun mod.

I don't use shotguns.

MikeRabsitch
Aug 23, 2004

Show us what you got, what you got

Bocc Kob posted:

I just tried this for two hours and failed way too many times. We had two smooth talkers, one dominator, and one body bagger. One low-level to watch the cameras. We weren't even failing because of doing dumb stuff like shoot guards under cameras, the cops would get notified for very vague and random reasons. Oftentimes while were sleuthing around to find a guard. It broke my spirit.

Afterwards I jumped into a Ukranian pub group and this level 65 guy kept saying how the game was broken and unfun. He'd only queue up Ukranian and Nightclub. :confused: I can't imagine how much grinding he's done. I like doing Rats and stuff, if you're not having fun grinding the same missions then maybe stop playing or try something different for a while.

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.
:ohdear:

Anatharon posted:

If you're being serious, just get a submachine gun and a primary with decent range like the M380 or Reinfield. Mow down all the glass on the way to the apple store then take down all the headphones and computers there. Shoot everything on the way to the jewlery store, clean it out and grab a bag. Done in 5 or so.
My record for solo Mallcrashers is 2:03 for breaking enough stuff which ended up being about 4:35ish total time after waiting for the helicopter. It's a nice break from doing Four Stores when none of my friends are playing/all their games are full and I want some quick cards.

John Murdoch posted:

From my experience, Bulldozers don't rush in and one-shot you before you can do anything anymore, and even occasionally play nice and dance around at range before moving in on some maps. But in exchange, it feels like they have a bit more health/their weakspot isn't enormous anymore/PD2's weapons aren't as good at blowing their faces off.
I feel like them sitting back and hiding is suppression in effect, as they always seem to do it when I see them off in the distance and start pouring fire into them. No real hard evidence for that though.

Booya
Feb 17, 2012

Knightmare posted:

I just tried this for two hours and failed way too many times. We had two smooth talkers, one dominator, and one body bagger. One low-level to watch the cameras. We weren't even failing because of doing dumb stuff like shoot guards under cameras, the cops would get notified for very vague and random reasons. Oftentimes while were sleuthing around to find a guard. It broke my spirit.

The stealth in this game really is pretty garbage, several times I've had cameras and guards on the floor below mine spot someone I just killed through the ceiling, or guards a room away suddenly gaining X-ray vision to spot me through a wall. I've been seen through doors, furniture, statues, cars, and hedges. On half the levels there isn't even anyone actually monitoring the security cameras, and on Framing Frames day 1 there is a guard entombed in a security room with no key card, damned to forever watch the monitors. Doing crowd control to keep the police from being called is tense and cool, but actual stealth is a complete afterthought, and it's really stupid that they have a heist based around such half assed stealth mechanics.

Slim Killington
Nov 16, 2007

I SAID GOOD DAY SIR

ArchRanger posted:

At level 48 I have three terrible masks, four colors (all involving turquoise except for a solid white), and almost every shotgun mod.

I don't use shotguns.

After you left our game I started getting shotgun mods every round.

Russian Remoulade
Feb 22, 2009

Booya posted:

on Framing Frames day 1 there is a guard entombed in a security room with no key card, damned to forever watch the monitors.

There's an asset that drops the keycard in the bathroom.

xutech
Mar 4, 2011

EIIST

The first treasure I got in this game was the Oni mask and it is the last I will ever need.

I think you should be able to choose which category of loot you get on a card turn. Between money, masks, and accessories you pick which card you roll on, so you're still getting a random card, but from a group you prefer. Some people like getting money when they start out, but later it's pointless, and some guns and skill trees don't need many upgrades for weapons.

Imagine if at the point where everyone rolls loot at the end of a mission, you could swap cards then and there; You got a shotgun mod and I got a mask you want? lets do it now and we're all happy.

Mr.Hotkeys
Dec 27, 2008

you're just thinking too much
I think the reason you can't pick and may all be smoke and mirrors like was talked about a few days ago is so you can still get whatever your reward is if you get kicked or disconnected, which is a dumb way to handle it I'd think but what do I know.

If they did change it, though, that's the system I'd want. Let you see if a card is cash, a mask, or a mod, and still randomize what that card represents, and what cards you can pick from (so you could still end up with three cash cards or whatever), but at least give you some choice to ease the frustration.

But if they would do what I think is really the best thing and give us the ability to trade (preferably using Steam like TF2 and Spiral Knights), I'd be in heaven. Game's probably not at all set up for something like that since a lot of things seem stored clientside, though.

SealHammer
Jul 4, 2010
Click to understand my bad faith posting.

Knightmare posted:

Afterwards I jumped into a Ukranian pub group and this level 65 guy kept saying how the game was broken and unfun. He'd only queue up Ukranian and Nightclub. :confused: I can't imagine how much grinding he's done. I like doing Rats and stuff, if you're not having fun grinding the same missions then maybe stop playing or try something different for a while.

Yeah the stealth mechanics are garbage and could be improved significantly. Frames is way harder than it would be if guards couldn't see through objects. On one occasion, I'm pretty sure we had one of the items not spawn and, after searching the entirety of the apartment, got discovered and failed.

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

This hand of mine shines and roars! It's bright cry tells me to grasp victory!

If they just would stop giving cash when you have say 100k on hand it would be fine. I don't need 10k from a card if the payday was 900k!

Carecat
Apr 27, 2004

Buglord
Why isn't gold worth more? It's heavy as gently caress and only worth 45k. Coke is worth 110k, weapons 140k.

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.
:ohdear:

randombattle posted:

If they just would stop giving cash when you have say 100k on hand it would be fine. I don't need 10k from a card if the payday was 900k!
I've got like 24 mill in the bank and there's nothing quite like getting a 3k cash card. :geno:

Carecat posted:

Why isn't gold worth more? It's heavy as gently caress and only worth 45k. Coke is worth 110k, weapons 140k.
The money number that pops up for loot seems to have little to no correlation to how much to actually get paid. For example it says that each bag of guns is worth 140k yet stealing 11 bags on Firestater Overkill and getting no other bags gets you like 11 mill in bag drop cash at the end.

Carecat
Apr 27, 2004

Buglord
I pick 1 star jewelry store for a quick card.

They say, "We'll do this stealth". They go around the back, both of them get cuffed by the guard.

Pubbies :allears:

Crewmine
Apr 26, 2012
I just signed on for a quick Ukrainian job with pubs, but it turned out nobody had charges or lockpicking. Instead we picked the back windows and slipped in, disabling the camera and silencing the guards before setting drills on the safes. All this was going on with the mass of civs and guards in the front of the store none the wiser, and we were all feeling pretty slick as the safes popped open and we moved to leave the way we came in.

Then one of the pubs says "We should get jewels 2", before immediately running into the storefront and firing a shotgun into the ceiling. Nobody was in the street watching bystanders, so the alarm went off, the van bailed, and it turned into a bloodbath. So pro.

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Kid, don't threaten me. There are worse things than death, and uh, I can do all of them.
Stealthed the last day of Firestarter for that sweet 'chievo, but then Shooting Blanks went and found the goddamn hockey picture in the first deposit box he picked anyway.

We opened everything anyway and Blanks decided to celebrate by self-immolation. Also we passed the time lockpicking talking about butts and Payday 2's problems with my immersion :qq:

Asehujiko
Apr 6, 2011
Is there any way to get attachments anytime soon other then speccing shaped charges and speedrunning Ukrainian Job 24/7?

Also, is there a way to test out guns/sights without having to buy them?

Liberatore
Nov 16, 2010

Would you like
to know more?

When (that's no) moon hits this guy like a big Twi'lek guy: Liberatore!

Insert name here posted:

The money number that pops up for loot seems to have little to no correlation to how much to actually get paid. For example it says that each bag of guns is worth 140k yet stealing 11 bags on Firestater Overkill and getting no other bags gets you like 11 mill in bag drop cash at the end.

They all work based on multipliers. Bag loot is multiplied by a value based on difficulty/number of days. In Framing Frame for instance, anywhere from 6 to 9 'sold' paintings will spawn. In Overkill, the difference of 3 paintings is (3 * 30,000) + (3 * 120,000) = $450,000 in bag loot, but on payday, it can make a difference of $200,000 in spending cash, or $4 million.

What to take from this is that if you get a bag that is worth $120,000 or a painting that is worth $30,000 in the same mission, then yes the bag will give four times as much money on payday.

Firestarter's payout varies wildly for this reason. Deposit box loot is completely randomized. Getting something like two more bags of gold or cash would make a huge difference.

Asehujiko posted:

Is there any way to get attachments anytime soon other then speccing shaped charges and speedrunning Ukrainian Job 24/7?

Also, is there a way to test out guns/sights without having to buy them?

Jewelry Store smash and grab is just as fast. People do Ukrainian Job not only for the cards, but also the experience. And cash I guess, but who needs that?

Other than that, there's cheating.

Liberatore fucked around with this message at 13:50 on Aug 18, 2013

Rookersh
Aug 19, 2010
Man, this is depressing.

Tried playing Payday 2 with goons. Every game I join is immediately switched to Ukrainian, because "we'll grind you up goon!"

So I started playing with pubbies to see the maps. Except well, yesterday morning when I tried to play, nothing but Ukrainian jobs.

So I tried making my own Rats, nobody joined. Tried making a Firestarter, nobody joined. Tried making a Big Oil, no joins. Each time waited 30 minutes. Made a Ukrainian, instant party.

Figured it was just a morning thing, and I'll just wait till later. Come 5 Pacific, jump back in to try again, figure OBVIOUSLY people will be doing other things. Nope, nothing but Ukrainian popups, and a single Overkill Rats that booted me for being level 13.

Guess that's that for Payday 2. You either played Rats/Firestarter/Big Oil/Framing Frames on day 1, or gently caress you, because nobody is doing those anymore.

Draven
May 6, 2005

friendship is magic
I just had a club mission where the bouncer with the key card was killed on the other side of the fence in the back. You know, the one blocked by an invisible wall. :suicide: what should have been a 3 minute job took forever. Stupid drill.

Mystic Cave zOWNd
Dec 22, 2006

Trixie bravely turned her tail and fled

And there was much rejoicing.
The AI just seems to get weirder and weirder. Snuck into the club fine, the back room had 3 guards in it that we somehow took out without alerting the whole joint. We did get rumbled as we blew the safe upstairs, and it turned out that a good chunk of the dancers had decided to camp out with the dead guys.

Carecat
Apr 27, 2004

Buglord

Rookersh posted:

Guess that's that for Payday 2. You either played Rats/Firestarter/Big Oil/Framing Frames on day 1, or gently caress you, because nobody is doing those anymore.

I have no problem finding people to play stuff other than Ukraine although I only play overkill missions now.

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

Rookersh posted:

Finding people willing to do low level content and not just rush one through it is really kinda hard. It's really join up with fellow Payday 2 noob goons or do it with friends you had planned to do so beforehand (which is my case). Since only two of my friends ended up buying the game in the end, we end up running with the AI as the fourth slot. I'll need to ask them, but if they're okay with it, you can play with us if you want. We've barely done anything and we've only ran Ukranian Job once to see what the big deal was and then decided to swear off it unless we decided we really wanted a quick burst of cash or exp for something.

I probably shouldn't even be really offering this since my two other friends are non-goons who will likely find it a little weird, but I've been in your situation in other online games (I got in on L4D really late and it was IMPOSSIBLE to find a game where everyone didn't know exactly what to do where and how) and know how it sucks.

automaticswim
Jan 7, 2005

butt interrogator

Voluspa posted:

Seriously? gotta try this now.

DatonKallandor posted:

Does the lab blow up instantly or is there a brew-up time? I'm always tempted to blow up the lab deliberately if the group decides to leave with the meth. Sort of a last gently caress-you to the police.

Gestalt Intellect posted:

It takes a few seconds to actually explode so you can get out safely but every single time it's blown up I've gotten an Escape which is not good when you have bags to carry.

I guess I should have clarified this a bit more.

You don't even have to cook the meth, just put in the wrong ingredient on the very first batch, blow up the meth lab, and escape. Continue as normal, and you'll still get the max payout on day 3.

Only difference is you'll have to force open the safe for the intel, always in the same spot though.

There's your problem :v:

automaticswim fucked around with this message at 15:05 on Aug 18, 2013

Minky
Aug 12, 2003

Rented this on Xbox but have nobody to play with :(. Gamertag is Minky SA

organburner
Apr 10, 2011

This avatar helped buy Lowtax a new skeleton.

Is there any reason not to bring AI with you on missions when you're only 2-3 players?

22 Eargesplitten
Oct 10, 2010

Sometimes they'll take you putting on your mask in the back lot of the bank to be their cue to put theirs on in the middle of the lobby.

If you're not trying to stealth, you should be fine.

LuiCypher
Apr 24, 2010

Today I'm... amped up!

Knightmare posted:

The stealth mechanics on Framing Frames are so finicky: I ran it and this is what we noticed -

1. If you shoot, you must hit the guard in the head to kill him in one shot. Otherwise, if he doesn't stagger/die he's going to call it in. Using a silenced Deagle gives you a greater margin of error, though I think it's a little louder than other options...
2. If you shoot, you must hit the guard with all of the bullets. If even so much as one bullet misses and hits the floor/walls/ceiling, some guard on another floor will hear the bullet impact and call the cops.
3. You must shoot/melee the guard before he detects you. Even so much as one split second delay will see him put his fingers up to his ear to call in an emergency.
4. Never shoot a single piece of glass. Every single guard will hear it.
5. Never shoot a guard who is in visual range of a camera. You will never be able to make a pager call and bag the body in enough time unless you have maxed out ECM Jammer to the fullest and you're more than willing to spend two on the attempt (one to cover the duration you're shooting/making the pager call for, another to cover the wait time in between the pager time and the bagging).
6. You have to be able to kill four and dominate one. Ergo, you need Smooth Talker and Dominate so that you can get four pager calls and one dominate to take care of all of the guards.

Good places to kill guards:
1. On the roof. There's never a camera on the roof and there's more than enough distance for someone to pop him without being noticed while lining up a shot.
2. In the main office. This is a very popular place for guards to path towards. Sometimes though, there is a camera here, but you can use it to take out two birds with one stone. Pop the camera, then pop the guard who comes to investigate. I've managed to take out two of the five guards in a run by killing them here, which is invaluable.

Those are the two really good places. The other places tend to vary based on camera placement. The balcony is ALWAYS a horrible place to kill guards, unless it's the last one. Once you've taken care of all of the guards, the rest is basically a milk run unless you have people who can't coordinate when it comes to taking the gold.

Rookersh
Aug 19, 2010

Infinity Gaia posted:

Finding people willing to do low level content and not just rush one through it is really kinda hard. It's really join up with fellow Payday 2 noob goons or do it with friends you had planned to do so beforehand (which is my case). Since only two of my friends ended up buying the game in the end, we end up running with the AI as the fourth slot. I'll need to ask them, but if they're okay with it, you can play with us if you want. We've barely done anything and we've only ran Ukranian Job once to see what the big deal was and then decided to swear off it unless we decided we really wanted a quick burst of cash or exp for something.

I probably shouldn't even be really offering this since my two other friends are non-goons who will likely find it a little weird, but I've been in your situation in other online games (I got in on L4D really late and it was IMPOSSIBLE to find a game where everyone didn't know exactly what to do where and how) and know how it sucks.

Nah, it's cool. I play with a bunch of real life friends myself which is allowing me to get around it somewhat.

I'm just mainly venting how hosed the early game is now. If any goon decided to buy Payday 2 at this point, that's their only option. Grind Ukrainian until they hit 20-30, then start doing the other levels in Overkill. Because if they join an Overkill version of the other levels ahead of time, they'll get booted for being too low level, and the only low level thing people are doing is Ukrainian.

It's always been a problem with Payday, even in 1 if you didn't join up with one of the sales waves, you'd quickly run out of people to play with, since everyone just wanted to do the most efficient heists, and had outleveled you. It's just annoying it's become a problem in Payday 2 so quickly. I had the game preordered, but could only start playing on the 14th, and I was already left behind by most players. If any goons tried getting in now, all the things the day 1 players could do to level have been replaced by Ukrainian.

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

LuiCypher posted:

2. If you shoot, you must hit the guard with all of the bullets. If even so much as one bullet misses and hits the floor/walls/ceiling, some guard on another floor will hear the bullet impact and call the cops.

Counter-point. I shot a wall not 2 inches from a guard accidentally and he didn't react.

LuiCypher
Apr 24, 2010

Today I'm... amped up!

Brainamp posted:

Counter-point. I shot a wall not 2 inches from a guard accidentally and he didn't react.

Then it's really finicky. I know that in any Bank Heist mission, you have to melee the camera on the roof because I've shot it with a silenced Beretta before and had every goddamn person in the bank hear the bullet. Still, Framing Frames 3 can fail for a vast variety of reasons and basically demands perfection.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!

Rookersh posted:

Nah, it's cool. I play with a bunch of real life friends myself which is allowing me to get around it somewhat.

I'm just mainly venting how hosed the early game is now. If any goon decided to buy Payday 2 at this point, that's their only option.

Well no, their other option is that one you just mentioned. Get some Steam friends or real-life friends who play the game and play a variety of missions together. Me and a few of my Steam friends are still low-level and are just kind of dicking around, playing various missions. None of us are in any hurry to grind or power-level... maybe we got lucky, but the point is that you don't have to play with pubs and their lovely power-gaming.

Carecat
Apr 27, 2004

Buglord

quote:

In a recent interview with OXM, Payday 2’s director David Goldfarb promised a year’s worth of updates for Overkill’s bank heist simulator, one of which Goldfarb hopes adds female characters.

“One of the first things I have on my list is to make sure we get a female character,” Goldfarb told OXM. “I’m hoping—I don’t know if we’ll get it as our first DLC, because we’d have to redo all the animations so it doesn’t look like a dude walking around with a female body.”

Other than that, Goldfarb didn’t really say what other DLC might be in the works for Payday 2, though I suspect new maps, weapons or gear are probably in the works. But, considering the game itself came out just yesterday, it’s hard to imagine us seeing anything noteworthy in the near future.

I'll take more heists please.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

LuiCypher posted:

Then it's really finicky. I know that in any Bank Heist mission, you have to melee the camera on the roof because I've shot it with a silenced Beretta before and had every goddamn person in the bank hear the bullet.

This is a bug unique to the bank actually.

• Locked thread