Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HitTheTargets
Mar 3, 2006

I came here to laugh at you.
The Bozar being an LMG is intentional. Obsidian gave it stats derived from its appearance in Fallout 2, where it was comparable to the Light Support Weapon. The description does refer to the fact that it was meant to be an AMR, but that wasn't the case in the finished game so it isn't the case in New Vegas.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dodecalypse
Jun 21, 2012

SKA SUCKS
So I'm pretty done with the Mojave right now, level 50, finished Hoover Dam (had mod that enabled playing after) and did most of the stuff there is to do. i have Fallout 3, so if I get Tale of Two Wastelands, can I just pretty much continue on to the Capital Wasteland as is and do stuff over there (like the story and other quests) and will the enemies that live there be manageable at the highest level? I'm not really sure how that mod works exactly.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Psion posted:

oh and fix CapnBeeb's perpetual problem with the satchel charge sorting :v:

It's those and some other weapons, melee I think. Oddly enough satchels show up just fine in the underground hideout mod, so I don't even know what the gently caress is going on.

I have a shelf stocking problem :(

Emberfox
Jan 15, 2005

~rero rero rero rero rero

Dodecalypse posted:

So I'm pretty done with the Mojave right now, level 50, finished Hoover Dam (had mod that enabled playing after) and did most of the stuff there is to do. i have Fallout 3, so if I get Tale of Two Wastelands, can I just pretty much continue on to the Capital Wasteland as is and do stuff over there (like the story and other quests) and will the enemies that live there be manageable at the highest level? I'm not really sure how that mod works exactly.

TTW, no, since you have to start in the Capital Wasteland. (actually I think someone posted a bit ago saying you can load it and go there, you just can't initiate the main quest without console fuckery.)

RFCW, I believe you can do it, since it pretty much just adds a sewer grate you can use to travel there. Upon arriving, you'll gain the quest to go to Megaton I think, as well as any DLC quests. If you can find a copy of it since it was pulled from Nexus and quickly replaced by TTW. It's really buggy though.

Kugyou no Tenshi
Nov 8, 2005

We can't keep the crowd waiting, can we?

Hobo on Fire posted:

Those weren't factored into Lombard because they come from Gtab's ammo mod (or Spooky's improved version of it)

Yeah, I had just thought I had read somewhere that there was a patch for that, but apparently I dreamed the whole thing up.

Rabhadh
Aug 26, 2007
Does respeccing half way through a game with the cheat terminal have and serious adverse side effects down the line?

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Re-speccing in mid-level used to reset your XP to the minimum of the level you were at, but I don't THINK it does that anymore. Other than that, I'm pretty sure enemies scale based on what your level currently is so respeccing probably won't break anything. Might want to make a backup save before you do it. :v:

uaciaut
Mar 20, 2008
:splurp:
Can anyone who has New Bison Steve Hotel tell me exactly where the survival bobblehead is by any chance? I've been looking in the are the guy says it's supposed to be Vault 22 commons area first floor for the last 30 mins without success, either i'm blind or it's not spawning properly.

Kugyou no Tenshi
Nov 8, 2005

Update on the ENB/Laser Pistol specularity issue: Installing EVE seems to have fixed it. Now I don't have to turn off ENB to walk around REPCONN.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

This is probably a stupid question, but do I need to keep Fallout 3 installed to play A Tale of Two Wastelands?

Head Hit Keyboard
Oct 9, 2012

It must be fate that has brought us together after all these years.

ChaosArgate posted:

This is probably a stupid question, but do I need to keep Fallout 3 installed to play A Tale of Two Wastelands?

As far as I know you only need FO3 installed when installed TTW, but it's probably a good idea to keep it around anyway on the off chance something goes wrong.

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

Can anyone help me figure out what the id is for the Van Graf faction on the console? The wiki says it's 00118368 but the console won't accept that as valid. http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Fallout:_New_Vegas_console_commands

I've tried googling it but I can't find it specifically listed anywhere else.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
There's something beautiful about breaking into the NCRCF, silently assassinating all of Eddie's guards right in front of him using a silenced Colt 1911, and then throwing a Fairbairn-Sykes at his head which somehow causes it to inexplicably explode. :hehe:

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

tadashi posted:

Can anyone help me figure out what the id is for the Van Graf faction on the console? The wiki says it's 00118368 but the console won't accept that as valid. http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Fallout:_New_Vegas_console_commands

I've tried googling it but I can't find it specifically listed anywhere else.

Are you sure the New Vegas ESM is the first thing on your load list? Because I know for other codes, the first two digits of the console id have to do with load order, so all the basic codes start with 00, because the main game should always be first.

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

Skwirl posted:

Are you sure the New Vegas ESM is the first thing on your load list? Because I know for other codes, the first two digits of the console id have to do with load order, so all the basic codes start with 00, because the main game should always be first.

Actually, I accidentally posted in this thread and meant to post in the other. I will definitely look into load order now that I see it actually might be a factor from the wiki.

tadashi fucked around with this message at 03:10 on Aug 17, 2013

Hobo on Fire
Dec 4, 2008

ChaosArgate posted:

Head Hit Keyboard posted:

As far as I know you only need FO3 installed when installed TTW, but it's probably a good idea to keep it around anyway on the off chance something goes wrong.

Confirming this. The TTW installation copies all the assets it needs into the New Vegas directory; you can uninstall Fallout 3 and it won't cause any issues. If you ever need to re-install TTW though, (i.e. upgrade to a newer version) you'll need to re-install FO3 first.

Kugyou no Tenshi
Nov 8, 2005

Hey Cream, can you put a note in the OP about Mission Mojave? I installed MMUE and MMUE Plus, and decided I didn't like some of the changes. When I uninstalled MMUE Plus (even though I only "installed" it through Mod Organizer!), the game will no longer load. Glad I have a backup of a 'Vanilla' install! There are some people on GameFAQs who have said that their game crashed just from uninstalling the core MMUE, as well, so that might be worth noting.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Kugyou no Tenshi posted:

Hey Cream, can you put a note in the OP about Mission Mojave? I installed MMUE and MMUE Plus, and decided I didn't like some of the changes. When I uninstalled MMUE Plus (even though I only "installed" it through Mod Organizer!), the game will no longer load. Glad I have a backup of a 'Vanilla' install! There are some people on GameFAQs who have said that their game crashed just from uninstalling the core MMUE, as well, so that might be worth noting.

MMUE+ is weird. I'd been using MMUE and MMUE+ long before I came here, and when I saw all the negative talk about MMUE in this thread, I decided to uninstall it, but MMUE+ being uninstalled outright led to my game getting a CTD every few minutes.

And actually, this had nothing to do with it being disabled. I had this same issue when I upgraded to a newer version of MMUE+, again before reading this thread, and the game kept crashing unless I renamed the new version of MMUE+ back to the original module name, at which point it started working perfectly. That was the only time I've ever had that issue with a mod. Now I just use a few of the mods included in MMUE+. I'm not sure how they screwed up a mod compilation addon so badly.

tehinternet
Feb 14, 2005

Semantically, "you" is both singular and plural, though syntactically it is always plural. It always takes a verb form that originally marked the word as plural.

Also, there is no plural when the context is an argument with an individual rather than a group. Somfin shouldn't put words in my mouth.
I'm in Searchlight now and I com out of the schoolhouse and my game crashes very shortly thereafter. I've tried turning of Fellout so far, just wanted to see if you guys had any ideas:

Load Order posted:

FalloutNV.esm
DeadMoney.esm
HonestHearts.esm
OldWorldBlues.esm
LonesomeRoad.esm
GunRunnersArsenal.esm
ClassicPack.esm
MercenaryPack.esm
TribalPack.esm
CaravanPack.esm
IWR.esm
CompanionInfAmmo.esm
rePopulated Wasteland.esm
Project Nevada - Core.esm
Project Nevada - Rebalance.esp
Project Nevada - Cyberware.esp
Project Nevada - Equipment.esm
IWS-Core.esm
SomeguySeries.esm
DarNifiedUINV.esp
CASM.esp
IWR - Rebuilt.esp
Armor Replacer Child NPC Fix.esp
Lucky 38 Suite Expansion.esp
UHNV.esp
UHNV-Dead Money.esp
UHNV-Honest Hearts.esp
UHNV-OWB.esp
UHNV-Lonesome Road.esp
NewVegasBounties.esp
NewVegasBountiesII.esp
NV_STTraitsandPerks - NVSE.esp
NV_STTraitsandPerks.esp
NV_STTraitsandPerks_Crunch - NVSE.esp
NV_STTraitsandPerks_Crunch.esp
CompanionInfAmmoOptional.esp
CompanionInfAmmoCheat.esp
IWS-Core-Patrols.esp
IWS-Core-Guards.esp
IWS-Core-Civilians.esp
IWS-DM.esp
IWS-HH.esp
IWS-OWB.esp
IWS-LR.esp
bzArmour.esp
Roberts_NewVegas.esp
1nivVSLArmors.esp
1nivPNSLPatch.esp
Nevada Skies.esp
BetterGamePerformanceV3.esp

Total active plugins: 50
Total plugins: 51

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."
I've got a disclaimer under the MMUE OP link basically saying it can cause as many problems as it tries to solve. What is the difference between MMUE and MMUE+?

Kugyou no Tenshi
Nov 8, 2005

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

I've got a disclaimer under the MMUE OP link basically saying it can cause as many problems as it tries to solve. What is the difference between MMUE and MMUE+?

MMUE+ is a an addon pack for MMUE that compiles a bunch of mods into one tidy package. But like I said, there are some people who have said that they didn't have problems with MMUE installed, but their game failed to load only after uninstalling it.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

MMUE+ is a compilation of small mods that are supposed to "enhance the experience". Some of them are really good, like the one that changes how Lonesome Road judges your allegiance to making it check what questline you're the farthest in, rather than your reputation. Some of them are unnecessary, and earlier versions included ones that were outright dumb, like a mod that lets you continue the Van Graff questline by just giving Jean Cass' hat, or a mod that outright adds a third option to the vault 34 quest that's just "save the farm and the people" with no real explanation.

The real problem is how they managed to take what is essentially a modpack and make it something that can break the game if you uninstall it, and the mod its self is unnecessary because you can just download all the best parts separately.

red mammoth
Nov 3, 2011

Stupid sexy Stalin!

The Colonel posted:

MMUE+ is a compilation of small mods that are supposed to "enhance the experience". Some of them are really good, like the one that changes how Lonesome Road judges your allegiance to making it check what questline you're the farthest in, rather than your reputation. Some of them are unnecessary, and earlier versions included ones that were outright dumb, like a mod that lets you continue the Van Graff questline by just giving Jean Cass' hat, or a mod that outright adds a third option to the vault 34 quest that's just "save the farm and the people" with no real explanation.

The real problem is how they managed to take what is essentially a modpack and make it something that can break the game if you uninstall it, and the mod its self is unnecessary because you can just download all the best parts separately.

Actually, the two mods you mentioned were removed in the latest version of MMUE+.
http://newvegas.nexusmods.com/mods/47014//
I'd imagine the issues with installation are mostly due to MMUE. The issue with downloading the mods separately is that MMUE+ fixes up a bunch of the mods, especially Delay DLC. It'd be nice if Machienzo made a version of the mod independent of MMUE, assuming that's possible.

wearing a lampshade
Mar 6, 2013

Just tried installing the FNV4GB mod. Opening the exe gives me a "The system cannot find the path specified." Does this have to do with the steamapp ID? I'm using the ultimate edition.

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."

Kugyou no Tenshi posted:

MMUE+ is a an addon pack for MMUE that compiles a bunch of mods into one tidy package. But like I said, there are some people who have said that they didn't have problems with MMUE installed, but their game failed to load only after uninstalling it.

Oh okay, I tweaked the MMUE warning a little so the uninstall -> corruption information is included.

Arkitektbmw
Jun 22, 2010
So, installed once again and threw a "lightly" modded game together. I included The Armory...of course, along with Selective fire. I've noticed that there are quite a few weapons in the Armory that aren't classified as assault weapons even though they should be.

I can only really think of one off the top of my head and that's the Colt M16A4 (which should have Semi and Burst). When I go to manually change this in SF's MCM however, nothing changes; the weapon still only fires in Semi-auto regardless of fire mode. Also is there a link to how the update (Armory 2.9 beta) should be installed? Through trial and error I found that I needed to carry the files over from 2.5, but I'd like to just make sure I didn't leave anything out.

I also ran into that annoying rear end skin tone glitch...Went through all of my ini's and changed "bLoadFaceGenHeadEGTFiles" to equal 1 and it fixed the issue (thankfully), and then I came here and read the OP and felt like an idiot for not noticing it prior so thanks for throwing that in Cream (although I hadn't installed any cosmetic mods at all....)

Arkitektbmw fucked around with this message at 04:05 on Aug 18, 2013

Pwnstar
Dec 9, 2007

Who wants some waffles?

Does anyone else use a smoking mod with animated smoke? I have this weird patch of grey hovering off my shoulder, I'm not sure show to get rid of it.

Hank Morgan
Jun 17, 2007

Light Along the Inverse Curve.

Pwnstar posted:

Does anyone else use a smoking mod with animated smoke? I have this weird patch of grey hovering off my shoulder, I'm not sure show to get rid of it.

The smoking mod I use occasionally does this with the cigarette butt. In my case it's just a matter of equipping and re-equipping the cigarette in the apparel menu.

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
Just don't ever use MMUE. Use NVEC. NVEC is awesome and has literally everything you could ever want for bugfix and tweak/gameplay addition mods added into it, with shitloads of support patches available officially (or rather, not from third-party supporters, like all the others tend to be from). I ended up having to download almost nothing additional beyond PN/WMX/EVE because NVEC Complete with NVCE does EVERYTHING. BOTH of the major sound mods, Improved Sound FX v0821 and CRL9000 Sound Modification along with AG Weapon Reload Sounds. Manual Reload and Increased Weapon Jamming, which I always get to re-implement the jamming I never see otherwise. All the good Puce Moose tweak mods, the neck covers for various helmets, Extended Repair Kits is something I absolutely love, DFB Random Encounters ditto, Librarian of the Wastes is nice to have, the T-51b Service Manual is exactly the solution to wanting to have an alternative to questing for the power armor training perk I was looking for, Receive Sunset Sarsaparilla Star Caps With Random Luck is one of the many, many things that makes sense and should've been in in the first place, in my mind, it implements almost every New Vegas Uncut mod so long that it doesn't conflict, Bobblehunt's an old fave of mine, both of the New Vegas Bounties quest lines and DEIMOS are integrated so you don't have to download THOSE, either. It's just retarded how much poo poo is concentrated in one download. And a buncha stuff is relegated to needing to be activated manually for them to be turned on, like Wild Wasteland Integrated (no longer a trait, you just turn it on outside of Doc Mitchell's house at the beginning if you want it) along with DLC Weapon Integration and a few other things, like Nordic Firearms and Micalov's Weapons. So yeah, I love that this exists now.

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine

PrinceRandom posted:

So is New Vegas Interiors stable?

It is, but it's made by someone whose English capabilities lies somewhere between the that of a first grader and a second grader who is both retarded and deceased. Just look at this and try not to slam your head against your monitor's screen: "NVInteriors_combo is a merge of NVInteriors_WastelandEdition,NVInteriorsUrbanEdition and, NVInteriors_Tweeks, Requires the NVInteriors_Core but, DO NOT USE WITH THE STAND ALONE VERSIONS OF NVINTERIORS!" The spelling poo poo doesn't end on the NewVegasNexus page, either. "Dethclaw Observitory"

Pwnstar
Dec 9, 2007

Who wants some waffles?

Hank Morgan posted:

The smoking mod I use occasionally does this with the cigarette butt. In my case it's just a matter of equipping and re-equipping the cigarette in the apparel menu.

Sadly this doesn't work for me, time to go insane trying not to notice it constantly.

Mr.Hotkeys
Dec 27, 2008

you're just thinking too much

Pwnstar posted:

Sadly this doesn't work for me, time to go insane trying not to notice it constantly.

Is it, like, "Wearable Animated Cigarettes" or something? I get that too and haven't ever found a way to fix it, but you get used to it eventually since it's fairly hard to see.

30 Second Artbomb
Apr 16, 2006

call the police
How long has the Lombard Station housing mod included a teleporter to The Sink? And does this mean I can bring companions to Big MT? :getin:

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.

Mr.Hotkeys posted:

Is it, like, "Wearable Animated Cigarettes" or something? I get that too and haven't ever found a way to fix it, but you get used to it eventually since it's fairly hard to see.

The best cigarette mod I've found is Police Automaton's, which is simple and ~~~~ immersive ~~~

Hobo on Fire
Dec 4, 2008

30 Second Artbomb posted:

How long has the Lombard Station housing mod included a teleporter to The Sink? And does this mean I can bring companions to Big MT? :getin:

Since it was updated for OWB. The teleporter doesn't appear until after you complete the main OWB questline and return to the Mojave, so don't get your hopes up about bringing Boone to help with robo-scorpions the first time through. Of course there is no reason you can't blow through the main OWB quest and do your exploring after you run back to the Mojave and grab whoever you want.

Most mod added companions will follow you into the DLCs anyway, so if you really want another gun to help take care of all the bullet sponge robots while you search for your own brain, you have options. Some of which aren't even creepy :nexus: girlfriend mods.

Roar
Jul 7, 2007

I got 30 points!

I GOT 30 POINTS!

Hobo on Fire posted:

Most mod added companions will follow you into the DLCs anyway, so if you really want another gun to help take care of all the bullet sponge robots while you search for your own brain, you have options. Some of which aren't even creepy :nexus: girlfriend mods.

I brought Benny to the Big MT :cool:

Kevin DuBrow
Apr 21, 2012

The uruk-hai defender has logged on.
Are there any good non-creepy companion mods?

Hobo on Fire
Dec 4, 2008

Kevin DuBrow posted:

Are there any good non-creepy companion mods?

Niner is annoying, but that's by design; he's probably the most fleshed out companion aside from Willow, who really is meant to be a virtual girlfriend. Melissa Lewis is really basic from a utility standpoint, but the mod creator used existing in-game dialogue from the same voice actress to give her party banter with the vanilla companions, which is a really nice touch. The same author made a companion out of Marcus (the supermutant mayor up in Jacobstown) but I haven't used that one.

Wendy Gilbert has pretty much no personality, but can be used as sort of a walking Swiss Army knife. Her skills increase as she uses them; she can provide a bonus for any kind of crafting, based on a percentage of her own skill. Her weapon skills increase by getting kills with a weapon from each category (kills with laser rifles increase energy weapons, kills with grenades increase explosives, etc) so with enough time she can actually max out her combat skills. I mostly keep her around because she can pick locks and hack terminals for you; I try to increase her lockpick and science skills wherever possible so I can put my own skillpoints into something else. If her skills are too low to do whatever it is you need her to do, you can have her use magazines for a temporary buff, or (through dialogue with her) "share" any skill books you have in your inventory so you'll both get the permanent bonus.

\/\/\/Some of Niner's quest stuff can be a little wonky at times, but I think that what the mod may lack in polish it makes up for in content. Willow is the only other companion mod with original voice acting that doesn't sound like absolute poo poo, and Niner's back-story that unfolds as you progress through his quest is actually pretty well written. As far as Willow, its one of the highest quality mods to ever show up on the Nexus. Its spectacular from a technical standpoint, I just don't like the content.

Hobo on Fire fucked around with this message at 04:54 on Aug 19, 2013

Roar
Jul 7, 2007

I got 30 points!

I GOT 30 POINTS!
gently caress Niner. I followed that loving idiot halfway across the Mojave because his stupid quest broke around Goodsprings and eventually I caught up with him on the strip but his quest was still broken or something stupid so I throw grenades at him until he went unconscious then uninstalled the stupid sack of poo poo. I hope that was just me who had that issue because he seemed interesting but after like an hour of chasing him around the desert, gently caress him.

I like Willow, even though she gets all super "love you, gonna dance for you and gently caress you" after a while. The voice acting is really decent - which, compared to most added companions, is a huge bonus for me - and her skills are pretty balanced.

I like the Benny companion mod for novelties sake. Yeah you shot me in the head but all's forgiven, lets fight together! Pretty decent in combat, too.

Roar fucked around with this message at 04:46 on Aug 19, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

J-Spot
May 7, 2002

Willow is pretty decent and the most full-featured companion mod I've seen. She has some quests and you can ignore the romance plot easily enough. It's not any worse than a Bioware romance anyway from what I remember. Other than that you can play through New Vegas Bounties II which I think had a ghoul companion that wasn't bad.