Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Jedit posted:

Here's a great idea for kiimo and his like: if you can't make up your own tagline, don't steal well-known lines of dialogue from one of the most quotable pop culture movies in your target audience's age bracket.

This is fan art. Not ours. The tagline for Prisoners is "Every moment matters".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

Is that really an original quote anyway? Surely it didn't start with Fight Club.

...of SCIENCE!
Apr 26, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

I didn't know James Deen and Lindsay Lohan created Taxi Driver and American Psycho :v:

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

...of SCIENCE! posted:

I didn't know James Deen and Lindsay Lohan created Taxi Driver and American Psycho :v:

I'm sure James Deen has played a taxi driver at least once, and Lindsay Lohan is American.

ShufflerZero
Mar 21, 2009

I'm a little late to the "Special Editions that are actually Special" conversation but:

scary ghost dog posted:

These are my favorite DVD covers because they accurately represent the tones of both movies, just with the designs of the necronomicon.

I thought I was all done buying Army of Darkness but then they released this Necronomicon edition (Blu-Ray and DVD).
On my birthday.
Honestly, at this point Sam Raimi and Bruce Campbell might as well just come to my house and rob me.

The eyes and teeth are painted yellow (similar to the second picture) but despite what it looks like they don't glow.

I also have this great Bourne Trilogy set:

Sorry for the image quality, I couldn't find an image of this one online.
The name on the packaging is the "The Complete Bourne Collector's Edition: Limited Edition". The discs are mounted on individual file cards (3 movies, 2 bonus). It's also supposed to be stamped with a serial number but as you can see that's missing from mine.

Sheldrake
Jul 19, 2006

~pettin in the park~
Because I'm sure we all need to see a few good posters, here's every Saul Bass designed poster. in one convenient location.

Kind Milkman
Sep 3, 2011

Indeed.

ShufflerZero posted:

I'm a little late to the "Special Editions that are actually Special" conversation but:

I thought I was all done buying Army of Darkness but then they released this Necronomicon edition (Blu-Ray and DVD).
On my birthday.
Honestly, at this point Sam Raimi and Bruce Campbell might as well just come to my house and rob me.

The eyes and teeth are painted yellow (similar to the second picture) but despite what it looks like they don't glow.

Sadly, this doesn't appear to be available in the US.

ShufflerZero
Mar 21, 2009

23: Fish 'n' Chicks
~or~
My parents went to see Jaws and all I got was this lousy T-Shirt ripoff

Jaws of Death

Great White

Greate White Death

the Last Shark

Night of the Sharks (which I can confirm has only one shark and no scenes that take place at night)

Tintorera

Devil Fish

Cyclone

Up from the depths

Piranha

and bonus post because of awesome
White Buffalo

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.

ShufflerZero posted:

and bonus post because of awesome
White Buffalo

I think Carlo Rambaldi did the mechanical buffalo for that movie. Maybe not the high point of his career...

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

Dick Trauma posted:

I think Carlo Rambaldi did the mechanical buffalo for that movie. Maybe not the high point of his career...

Most of the shots of the buffalo charging, you can see the metal sled and tracks it sits on.

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

Just like a real buffalo! :pseudo:

EDIT: Ah, Youtube... you always have something relevant and wonderful: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_WeE9SJ75Jk

joedevola
Sep 11, 2004

worst song, played on ugliest guitar

Sheldrake posted:

Because I'm sure we all need to see a few good posters, here's every Saul Bass designed poster. in one convenient location.

I agree with Kubrick, that Shining poster is Not Very Good.

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

The great shark post just gave me a hankerin' to watch JAWS 3-D.

Baron Bifford
May 24, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!

bowser posted:

:gonk: Cheekbones do not work that way!
Absolutely horrible.

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

Baron Bifford posted:

Absolutely horrible.

What does that tagline even mean? It's so horribly generic.

THIS MOVIE

HAS

AN

ENDING

TheBigBudgetSequel
Nov 25, 2008

It's not who I am underneath, but what I do that defines me.

Baron Bifford posted:

Absolutely horrible.

Also Fake. The only thing released from the film is a still of her in costume (looks nothing like that) and the logo, which was revealed at D23

tliil
Jan 13, 2013
Can't wait for the Mondo poster of Maleficent that uses a blue/orange gradient instead of green/purple which is the actual color scheme for the character.

Red Bones
Aug 9, 2012

"I think he's a bad enough person to stay ghost through his sheer love of child-killing."

I can't wait for a sympathetic take on the woman who tried to kill someone entirely out of vanity.

EDIT: That said, I'd totally watch a movie entirely centred around Gaston.

Red Bones fucked around with this message at 07:57 on Aug 18, 2013

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.

joedevola posted:

I agree with Kubrick, that Shining poster is Not Very Good.

I want to like it but I'm pretty much waffling on it every other minute.

Glamorama26
Sep 14, 2011

All it comes down to is this: I feel like shit, but look great.

Dick Trauma posted:

gently caress it, I will always love the FX work from White Buffalo, Prophecy and Grizzly because they scared the hell outta 8 year old me.

Oh yeah, content...

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

ShufflerZero posted:

Great White

the Last Shark

These two are the same movie, by the way.

Gaz2k21
Sep 1, 2006

MEGALA---WHO??!!??

Jedit posted:

These two are the same movie, by the way.

I have a version of that second poster on my wall it's a shame the movie doesn't live up to it.......it's basically a jaws ripoff with an overweight shark....

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

Glamorama26 posted:

gently caress it, I will always love the FX work from White Buffalo, Prophecy and Grizzly because they scared the hell outta 8 year old me.

Oh yeah, content...

Dude, timg that grizzly poster.

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

The movie was terrible but yes, that bear was creepy as hell. To give you an idea of how much I liked to read I actually borrowed the novelization from the library. Almost every hyped movie back then was novelized and they were as bad you'd expect.

The T.V. commercial for this one used to scare the poo poo out of me to the point where I'd dash out of the room when it came on.

Slasherfan
Dec 2, 2003
IS IT WRONG THAT I ONCE WROTE A HORROR STORY ABOUT THE BUDDIES? YOU KNOW, THE TALKING PUPPIES?
This a my favourite Jaws Poster

Here is the "best" Jaws knock off.

Here is a clip from it.

http://youtu.be/zcstAYzfTXc
I love how seamlessly they edit of nature footage and clips from other movies.

Slasherfan fucked around with this message at 14:20 on Aug 18, 2013

CaptainHollywood
Feb 29, 2008

I am an awesome guy and I love to make out during shitty Hollywood horror movies. I am a trendwhore!

Slasherfan posted:

Here is the "best" Jaws knock off.

Here is a clip from it.

Just when you though it.

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch

Slasherfan posted:

Here is a clip from it.

:aslol: that ending was better than anything I was expecting.

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

Gaz2k21 posted:

I have a version of that second poster on my wall it's a shame the movie doesn't live up to it.......it's basically a jaws ripoff with an overweight shark....

Hey man, teens on surfboards, it's hard to stop at just one or two, you know?

DNS
Mar 11, 2009

by Smythe

Sheldrake posted:

I had no idea Chris Penn (!) was in a sequel to Bridge On The River Kwai.

TheBigBudgetSequel posted:

Also Fake. The only thing released from the film is a still of her in costume (looks nothing like that) and the logo, which was revealed at D23

They also released this:

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
She kinda looks like Captain Howdy in profile there.

Geekboy
Aug 21, 2005

Now that's what I call a geekMAN!

Slasherfan posted:

Here is a clip from it.

I can't remember the last time I watched something and immediately thought "I'm glad those characters are dead."

Baron Bifford
May 24, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!
They couldn't find an actress whose skull structure actually resembles Maleficent's? Angelina Jolie looks more unnatural than her cartoon counterpart.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Slasherfan posted:

Here is a clip from it.

This is the most hilarious thing I've seen today. Does "other movies" include Jaws?

Slate Action
Feb 13, 2012

by exmarx
Ah yes, Bruno Mattei, director of Jaws 5 and Terminator 2.

Slasherfan
Dec 2, 2003
IS IT WRONG THAT I ONCE WROTE A HORROR STORY ABOUT THE BUDDIES? YOU KNOW, THE TALKING PUPPIES?

The MSJ posted:

This is the most hilarious thing I've seen today. Does "other movies" include Jaws?

Yes and The Last Shark.

Could someone PLEASE fix that Grizzly poster, this is wrecking my head.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer

Gaz2k21 posted:

In fact it was such a Jaws ripoff that Universal successfully sued to block its release in the U.S.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Speaking of shark movies, I just found this Cracked article about Jaws 3D and is wondering if the movie really is that nuts with the shark skinning a guy (and leaving the mustache intact) and Dennis Quaid's glorious rampage?

http://www.cracked.com/blog/5-reasons-worst-jaws-movie-underrated-masterpiece/

tliil
Jan 13, 2013

Baron Bifford posted:

They couldn't find an actress whose skull structure actually resembles Maleficent's? Angelina Jolie looks more unnatural than her cartoon counterpart.
Gwyneth Paltrow without makeup was busy.

Also, physical deformity as a result of evil magic use is a common trope.

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice
This is so stupid, but I still find it kind of awesome.

Kind of the same situation with this one, though the higher abstraction makes it a little easier to swallow the senselessness. Also kind of reminds me of some VHS case for a horror movie in the vein of Basket Case and It's Alive, but I can't remember exactly which one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer

The MSJ posted:

Speaking of shark movies, I just found this Cracked article about Jaws 3D and is wondering if the movie really is that nuts with the shark skinning a guy (and leaving the mustache intact) and Dennis Quaid's glorious rampage?

http://www.cracked.com/blog/5-reasons-worst-jaws-movie-underrated-masterpiece/

It's one of my favorite bad movies. It's got a goofy backdrop of Sea World antics and lots of cheesy 3-D effects and it's never really scary but it's fun.