Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER
HSV is poo poo, news at 11

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Infected
Oct 17, 2012

Salt Incarnate

Bremen #1 in the north.

Should have won easily against Augsburg, but the referee kept on not giving Bremen any of the goals they made. So it ended in a hard-fought 1:0.

elbkaida
Jan 13, 2008
Look!
Ahaha HSV are so ridiculous, it's absolutely amazing.

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

"Thus," concluded Miyamoto, "you must give up everything you have to be my disciple."

Tabellenführer until tomorrow, bitches!

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

I think Bremen fans like the beginning to their season this time around.

Reset Smith
Apr 6, 2009
I wouldn't be at all surprised if Keller is fired by the end of the Hinrunde, especially if Schalke get knocked out the Champions League.

Oliax
Aug 19, 2011

Bavaro-Mancunian
Friendship Society

frankenfreak posted:

I hear Klinsi has found success lately. Bring him back!

Klinsi's little win streak against CONCACAF opposition has my US colleagues dreaming that he will be their version of Franz Beckenbauer. Soccer moms rejoice! :shepicide:

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

Reset Smith posted:

I wouldn't be at all surprised if Keller is fired by the end of the Hinrunde, especially if Schalke get knocked out the Champions League.

I doubt it. Schalke will manage to oscillate between good and bad enough to avoid that.

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

#bastionboogerbrigade
gently caress off, Guido Winkmann, and never come back!

Reset Smith
Apr 6, 2009
How have Dortmund not scored yet? This is making me :psyboom: We've had dozens of good chances

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

#bastionboogerbrigade

Reset Smith posted:

How have Dortmund not scored yet? This is making me :psyboom: We've had dozens of good chances
Heh. Good timing on that post.

Reset Smith
Apr 6, 2009

frankenfreak posted:

Heh. Good timing on that post.

I know right!

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

"Thus," concluded Miyamoto, "you must give up everything you have to be my disciple."

Kicktagessieger! Also eagerly awaiting a whole week full of BVB fans going "end the league now! :D" :downsrim:

Oh yea, speaking of Kicktipp, I'll add the German UEFA games again in the same fashion as we've had them as soon as the playoffs are done. And I just added the next cup round because why not.

Katana Gomai fucked around with this message at 05:31 on Aug 19, 2013

Oliax
Aug 19, 2011

Bavaro-Mancunian
Friendship Society

Katana Gomai posted:

Kicktagessieger! Also eagerly awaiting a whole week full of BVB fans going "end the league now! :D" :downsrim:

I don't know about this. As excited as I was (and still am) about the Pep signing, for all sorts of long-term reasons; after the test matches and the first two weeks I think this season will be a lot closer than many people would have thought. :sweatdrop: Although that's not really a bad thing for the Bundesliga or German soccer overall.

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

#bastionboogerbrigade
Albert Streit still a shithead who can't keep a job, news at 11.

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER
Speaking of Köln..

:haw:

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

Dunban posted:

Speaking of Köln..

:haw:

And what a poo poo game that was.

elbkaida
Jan 13, 2008
Look!
Pff, you know nothing about poo poo matches. The last two Dynamo home matches were so monumentally embarrassing and horrible (1:3, 0:3) that Peter Pacult was canned after only four matchdays. This season is going to be a nightmare. :smithicide:

Total Confusion
Oct 9, 2004

Katana Gomai posted:

And what a poo poo game that was.

We got 3 points and Risse's goal was klasse, that's good enough for me :colbert:

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER
Schalke :frogout:

antidote
Jun 15, 2005

I can't really fathom how that ended in a draw.

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i4rw2iEoaeM&feature=youtube_gdata_player

That's some really bad games by Stuttgart.

General Probe
Dec 28, 2004
Has this been done before?
Soiled Meat
Stuttgart and Schalke are really dedicating themselves to being utter poo poo in europe this season huh? I guess it's a good thing the coefficient difference between the top 3 leagues to the next 3 is so huge.

Oliax
Aug 19, 2011

Bavaro-Mancunian
Friendship Society
Stuttgart especially seems to make it their goal to remind us all of the bad old days when the BL was a joke in Europe. Nice town, good food, awesome cars made nearby but their football team? Have some drat pride and represent for once! :commissar:

bignose
Mar 21, 2006
fucked up

It seems that Boka doesn't know what the gently caress is going on.
I think it wont get better with my VFB this year since der schöne Bruno is pretty limited tactically. Also, living in Köln and having a love & hate relationship with the Effzeh: they certainly will play better this season and make it to the Bundesligaadfgdfg... Who am I kidding :smithicide:

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

In lower division news, our old fellow Albert Streit had a falling out with his manager Wollitz at Victoria Köln, really earning his surname over all these years.

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER
:siren: Tipp your kicks :siren:

Dortmund winning by a landslide tonight seems like a safe bet.

Jack's Flow
Jun 6, 2003

Life, friends, is boring
I read that Hamburg wants to hire Magath again. That can't be right... right?

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER

Jack's Flow posted:

I read that Hamburg wants to hire Magath again. That can't be right... right?

Not really, their sugar daddy who paid for van der Vaart, among other players, just said that basically everyone at the club is poo poo and needs to be fired and that they need Magath in a position of power.

euroboy
Mar 24, 2004

How come HSV isn't better? They're a pretty big loving club with huge potential if I've understood everything correctly.

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER

euroboy posted:

How come HSV isn't better? They're a pretty big loving club with huge potential if I've understood everything correctly.

You're right, the club's potential is huge but they're not making use of it because the club is huge loving mess on every level.

Their biggest problem is probably their board of directors which is too big, has too much power and consists pretty much entirely of people who know next to nothing about football.
The people in change of the club in the last couple of years were (and are) mostly poo poo as well. Arnesen was terrible all around, his transfers were laughable and in the 2 (?) years he was at the club there have been three different people in charge of the club's youth teams, among other gently caress-ups.
Fink is also poo poo.

In addition, they're pretty much broke. Most of their players are still on wages that require regular European football, which they haven't been part of for the last couple of years, meaning they have to sell their best players / biggest prospects on a regular basis (as has happened with Son this summer).

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
Eren Derdiyok is taking Hoffenheim to court because they're forcing him to train alone instead of with the first team

Charlotte Hornets
Dec 30, 2011

by Fritz the Horse

Scott Bakula posted:

Eren Derdiyok is taking Hoffenheim to court because they're forcing him to train alone instead of with the first team

What he is up to? Still liking bikini-clad female fans on Facebook?

Oliax
Aug 19, 2011

Bavaro-Mancunian
Friendship Society

bignose posted:

I think it wont get better with my VFB this year since der schöne Bruno is pretty limited tactically.

Speaking of Bruno... isn't he starting to exceed his typical shelf-life? I always thought of him as Magath-lite. Come in, kick rear end, have short-term success until everyone realizes you're kind of an rear end, get fired, repeat?

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER

Charlotte Hornets posted:

What he is up to? Still liking bikini-clad female fans on Facebook?

Haha, he did that?
One would think that professional football player & millionaire doesn't need to do stuff like that.

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

Dunban posted:

Haha, he did that?
One would think that professional football player & millionaire doesn't need to do stuff like that.

It was a fake profile by someone who must have been a friend of his (or at least have had access to a poo poo ton of private photos) which took like half a year to get deleted. I was friends with him! He "liked" so many pictures of bikini chicks that "Eren Derdiyok gefällt das!" became a meme in Leverkusen.

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER

Katana Gomai posted:

It was a fake profile by someone who must have been a friend of his (or at least have had access to a poo poo ton of private photos) which took like half a year to get deleted. I was friends with him! He "liked" so many pictures of bikini chicks that "Eren Derdiyok gefällt das!" became a meme in Leverkusen.

Hah, that's great.

In other news, Werder with Arnautovic in their starting 11. There goes any hope of them getting any points tonight.

euroboy
Mar 24, 2004

This is one tasty Dortmund team imo, Lewandowski is so amazingly good

Reset Smith
Apr 6, 2009
The ball just wont seem to go in so far, Dortmund ought to be up 2-0 by now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rycalawre
Nov 6, 2009
Really good defending by Aaron Hunt, clearing header off the line then blocking Sahin's shot.

• Locked thread