Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

clutchpuck
Apr 30, 2004
ro-tard

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ReelBigLizard
Feb 27, 2003

Fallen Rib
"If you can read this, the bitch..."

Nope, I got nothing.

GI Joe jobs
Jun 25, 2005

🎅🤜🤛👷
Last week I did I bike trip down to LA with some friends:

We camped

Saw some boats

Just before this shot we notice the F2's chain stretching. It was Sunday and 5pm but we luckily found a shop that was open in the city. In route a crack lady charged us, arms in the air and yelling. Apparently she didn't know what a sumo was as I easily dodged that poo poo. :smug:.

Went through Big Sur and met the friendly tourists who made sure we knew what it was like to go really slow

We saw the only curve in LA

Vstrom got a bag down

F2 got a knee down
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cdb3Fo5A-xI

Laguna Seca. They had prisoners raking the gravel while we rode around the infield.

We went through the desert north of LA

Some parts were boring (heading to Taft, CA)

Other parts were sweet (Not shown, fun roads)

We took 10 days, roughly 3000 miles, heading down the coast. It was a blast riding all day and meeting interesting people. That Rnickymouse corner on Mulholland isn't difficult at all.

GI Joe jobs fucked around with this message at 04:03 on Aug 17, 2013

Odette
Mar 19, 2011

Gullous posted:

Laguna Seca. They had prisoners raking the gravel while we rode around the infield.

What? Now I know you're taking the piss.

Dr. Light
Dec 16, 2006
For anyone interested, Long Way Round, and Long Way Down were both added to Netflix recently. I really enjoyed Long Way Round, but Down was a bit of a let down.

Captain Crunk
Jun 19, 2005
Lurking for 2 years...

Dr. Light posted:

For anyone interested, Long Way Round, and Long Way Down were both added to Netflix recently. I really enjoyed Long Way Round, but Down was a bit of a let down.

You rock, now I know what I'm doing tomorrow! Thanks.

Here's a pic of my SV on mountain top road (all I had was my phone, so it's grainy):

It's much easier to stop on a motorcycle, I'd never stop my car like this for a pic. :colbert:

nsaP
May 4, 2004

alright?
Crappy cell phone pics from Indy today. Some might be lovely and blurry but the internet isn't too great and they're taking forever to load.

Seats for the race tomorrow

Marc's fanclub was looking sparse today

Bikes:

Long line for the Pit Walk

Yamaha had a cut out R1 I managed to take a lot of blurry photos of.

The Wretched Grom

See that guy's smile? He was making fun of it. "Upside down forks? That's a joke"

Other Grom Enthusiasts

In the Honda tent someone asked Stefan Bradl "How do you rate the Grom" as a joke but he didn't understand, and the Honda rep douche just said some marketing crap about the Grom then asked Bradl if he rode street bikes. I got my phone recording all excited for him to say the Grom is terrible and everyone who likes it is terrible.

Bradl rides a VFR1200 with an automatic on it btw. He said it's better for looking at the scenery.

edit: Also sat on a FZ09...I didn't fit it too well. The bars are wide as hell and it seems fat at the tank cause of the intake I think, it could be a thin bike otherwise. The seat pushed me forward and my legs were kinda cramped. Strangely I was more comfortable on the 600 supersports, CB500, and about everything else I sat on :/ Kinda lame cause I was excited about the FZ.

nsaP fucked around with this message at 03:14 on Aug 18, 2013

jujube
Dec 11, 2004

*Pain!* *Pain!* *Laughter!*
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HnsTOUSfv7A

Went to the ring last week and did some laps. Buddy is on the R6, had to film him for a bit. Luckily not a lot of traffic which was weird for a weekend touristenfahrt.

Rime
Nov 2, 2011

by Games Forum

Rattled an exhaust bolt loose after about 200km. Thank Honda for making everything 10mm universal, stole one from underneath my seat that didn't appear to be used for anything and continued on my merry way.

DefaultPeanut
Nov 4, 2006
What's not to like?

Rime posted:

Rattled an exhaust bolt loose after about 200km. Thank Honda for making everything 10mm universal, stole one from underneath my seat that didn't appear to be used for anything and continued on my merry way.

Nice L - gotta love the GLP for that. What road / trail was that, if anywhere near Abby / Wack, let's go ride!

unbuttonedclone
Dec 30, 2008

jujube posted:

Went to the ring last week and did some laps. Buddy is on the R6, had to film him for a bit. Luckily not a lot of traffic which was weird for a weekend touristenfahrt.

Thanks for not putting any lovely music over this.

Rime
Nov 2, 2011

by Games Forum

DefaultPeanut posted:

Nice L - gotta love the GLP for that. What road / trail was that, if anywhere near Abby / Wack, let's go ride!

"Highway" 12 between Gold Bridge and Lilloett, I took it over the Hurley FSR the day prior and bombed around the ghost towns up in the Bridge River. :black101:

Can't recommend the trip enough, hands down one of the top 3 places I've ever seen in BC. The highway riding in that direction is an undiscovered gem. Brick-shittingly terrifying on road tires, but beyond fun.

Rime fucked around with this message at 06:03 on Aug 19, 2013

SeamusMcPhisticuffs
Aug 2, 2006

republicans.bmp

thylacine posted:

Thanks for not putting any lovely music over this.

Like this?

HNasty
Jul 17, 2005

Video games are for children. Dr. Who, Sherlock and Community need to be canceled. Firefly sucked.

Everything you like is bad, everything I like is good and cool. I've had sex. I've stuck my big rod into a babe and it was good. There's proof I've had sex, where's yours ?
Someone buy me this, thanks http://www.ebay.com/itm/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=121159338262

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer
pfft okay i guess if u wanna get owned by me on my gixxer those r pretty cool bikes :rolleyes:

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

What a glorious beater!

Finger Prince fucked around with this message at 05:20 on Aug 20, 2013

Legdiian
Jul 14, 2004
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qt_f7AGIYnc

Obviously it's clear the driver of the car is at fault here, but I never understood why people on bikes think it's a great idea to taunt people in cars. Someone cut you off? Ok get as far away from that person as possible.

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

Holy poo poo, I did not expect that.

And yeah, bikes have a huge advantage in acceleration and slim profile. If push comes to shove, your only real choice is to get as far away as possible, as quickly as possible. If necessary, use bike paths or other entrances blocked by bollards that you can pass, but cars can't.

M42
Nov 12, 2012

Legdiian posted:

Obviously it's clear the driver of the car is at fault here, but I never understood why people on bikes think it's a great idea to taunt people in cars. Someone cut you off? Ok get as far away from that person as possible.

It's loving Russia, that's why.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Russia: IRL Grand Theft Auto

HNasty
Jul 17, 2005

Video games are for children. Dr. Who, Sherlock and Community need to be canceled. Firefly sucked.

Everything you like is bad, everything I like is good and cool. I've had sex. I've stuck my big rod into a babe and it was good. There's proof I've had sex, where's yours ?

Legdiian posted:

Is the driver really at fault? The bike was traveling way too fast for the road and got freaked out cause the car was straddling the lanes? Then decided to be a tough guy in front of his friends and got a reality check. He seems to be really upset about something that ALMOST happened.

I laughed, I cried, two thumbs up.

Legdiian
Jul 14, 2004
I meant he was at fault for the "accident". Then again the dude did chase him down, try to get in his car and them kick his mirror off. With no way of getting away from a crazy guy on a bike I guess maybe I would try and take the bike out.

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

jujube posted:

How was the carousel on a bike? Assuming you've gone over it on a car as well.

jujube
Dec 11, 2004

*Pain!* *Pain!* *Laughter!*
Karussell was a bit scary at first but seeing other bikers do kneedowns on it made me feel different about it. Haven't taken it with a car, friend of mine took a lap in his Alfa but did not enter it, afraid it was gonna mess up his car.

I've ridden the ring previously on a SV and I think I was faster on the whole course. Maybe it felt faster because I was wringing every last hp out of that thing.

edit: In retrospect I think it was more fun as well :shobon:

jujube fucked around with this message at 18:54 on Aug 21, 2013

HNasty
Jul 17, 2005

Want to be friends with this dude, so chill. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8BxBlbImohI

HNasty fucked around with this message at 06:24 on Aug 22, 2013

Mister Duck
Oct 10, 2006
Fuck the goose
A video by one of my favorite posters of bike videos. He died a couple of weeks back but his "enjoy riding" videos are part of what made me get into riding.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ky6L1Y243Xc

HNasty
Jul 17, 2005

Mister Duck posted:

A video by one of my favorite posters of bike videos. He died a couple of weeks back but his "enjoy riding" videos are part of what made me get into riding.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ky6L1Y243Xc

BKingAndy owns, I wanted to meet him when I was over in Germany

Mister Duck
Oct 10, 2006
Fuck the goose

HNasty posted:

BKingAndy owns, I wanted to meet him when I was over in Germany

Yeah I was always checking for Enjoy Riding 3. From what I gather he got clipped by a car turning out and flew into oncoming traffic. He did tend to ride real fast though, so I guess it's a matter of time when that's how you do things.

rotaryfun
Jun 30, 2008

you can be my wingman anytime

Sweet

Deeters
Aug 21, 2007

I found a speech a close friend of my family gave a few years ago and made up a playlist of it. It's basically an hour of him telling stories and sharing pictures of him racing in the 60s and 70s. You can skip to almost any point in it and hear something entertaining.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QLqpIW6Rv6g&feature=share&list=PLspPB6bbgPHWzeSq1aWjKDbVay56cMkbi

Here's a little bio on him

echomadman
Aug 24, 2004

Nap Ghost

echomadman fucked around with this message at 18:25 on Aug 22, 2013

HNasty
Jul 17, 2005

Mister Duck posted:

Yeah I was always checking for Enjoy Riding 3. From what I gather he got clipped by a car turning out and flew into oncoming traffic. He did tend to ride real fast though, so I guess it's a matter of time when that's how you do things.

Just realized he died, so sad, his videos were amazing and I welled up watching them. His enjoy riding #2 video used a song he got from another person's Deals Gap video, that made me smile, TN or Germany cool bros just want to rayel. RIP Andy.

Here is a rough translation from a german news website.

"When turning on the training area was a 19-year-old U.S. soldier who was traveling by car on Saturday (10:08:13) overlooked the motorcyclist. The 27-year-old professional soldier was seriously injured and rushed then taken to a hospital in Regensburg. At the scene, the man was still revived, but now the man died"

HNasty fucked around with this message at 03:19 on Aug 23, 2013

Mister Duck
Oct 10, 2006
Fuck the goose

HNasty posted:

Just realized he died, so sad, his videos were amazing and I welled up watching them. His enjoy riding #2 video used a song he got from another person's Deals Gap video, that made me smile, TN or Germany cool bros just want to rayel. RIP Andy.

Here is a rough translation from a german news website.

"When turning on the training area was a 19-year-old U.S. soldier who was traveling by car on Saturday (10:08:13) overlooked the motorcyclist. The 27-year-old professional soldier was seriously injured and rushed then taken to a hospital in Regensburg. At the scene, the man was still revived, but now the man died"

Yeah I was linked that by a friend actually. It's a drat shame. He was also one of the only consistently good posters I knew as far as riding videos. I don't really like vlogs at all which seems to be what is en vogue these days. I really like Rokkit44 as well (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T3U1y4TUp9k, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NxK_rzHAnbE) but he doesn't really update all that much.

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DNtty21FMyo

http://globalnews.ca/news/796025/motorcyclists-helmet-cam-captures-collision-with-bear/

I like how the article points out how he accelerated from 0-140km/h in :siren:20 seconds!!:siren: like that's something other than leisurely, and not at all in a hurry.

nsaP
May 4, 2004

alright?
In the video he hit the bear at 20 seconds after a long bit of slowing down at the beginning.

He actually was accelerating fast, whoever described the video needs a mentor.

edit: yeah he pulled out around 7-8 so 12 second 0-80 or so? Normal motorcycle pace for me but fast to normal ppls.

edit2: actually he hit the bear around 17-18 so only 10 seconds.

nsaP fucked around with this message at 08:18 on Aug 23, 2013

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

nsaP posted:

In the video he hit the bear at 20 seconds after a long bit of slowing down at the beginning.

He actually was accelerating fast, whoever described the video needs a mentor.

edit: yeah he pulled out around 7-8 so 12 second 0-80 or so? Normal motorcycle pace for me but fast to normal ppls.

edit2: actually he hit the bear around 17-18 so only 10 seconds.

Yeah I guess you're right, seems more like 10-12 after re-watching. I don't know where they got the speed figure from, other than maybe skid mark analysis by the police, or if the rider told the RCMP that that was about how fast he was going, because I couldn't make out anything on the gauges at all.

nsaP
May 4, 2004

alright?
Where they got it from is that news stations are poo poo who just pump out headlines looking for adclicks, truth and grammar be damned. Sorry, I didn't mean that post to be a dick towards you. Only their poo poo reporting.

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

nsaP posted:

Where they got it from is that news stations are poo poo who just pump out headlines looking for adclicks, truth and grammar be damned. Sorry, I didn't mean that post to be a dick towards you. Only their poo poo reporting.

Don't worry, it's a Canadian newspaper. The poo poo reporting and grammars, is standard fair. "Deers".

nsaP
May 4, 2004

alright?
I know, I consume American news.

On another note, my friend just bought a lovely little scooter for his girlfriend. I have a few friends who have ignored any riding advice I gave them before they got serious, he's one. When he asked me about advice for riding it home, after I told him the basics, I said to take a rider class.

He said "lol it's just a scooter".

Hope neither of them lose skin and I keep trying.

Is it not lovely? Any direction I can point him in to keep the thing running? Or maybe not...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000

nsaP posted:

On another note, my friend just bought a lovely little scooter for his girlfriend. I have a few friends who have ignored any riding advice I gave them before they got serious, he's one. When he asked me about advice for riding it home, after I told him the basics, I said to take a rider class.

He said "lol it's just a scooter".

Hope neither of them lose skin and I keep trying.

Is it not lovely? Any direction I can point him in to keep the thing running? Or maybe not...
Almost every girlfriend out there who has a boyfriend who rides has a boyfriend who doesn't give a poo poo about her. And this is one of them. The official position of our shop that we tell everyone who asks about those types of scooters is: do not ever ever get one. If you own one now and it runs, sell it immediately for whatever you can get and buy a used Japanese scooter. If you own one that does not run now (or even has minor issues like speedo not working) take it to a junkyard or sell it for whatever you can get and buy a used Japanese scooter. They are the worst motor vehicles ever sold in the western world.