Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

u deserve diploma for sublime comedy expertise

Al! posted:

lol @ jobs with real dress codes but i can get behind a don't be a fuckin weirdo rule

my jobs dress code is "dont wear pants with holes in them"

they sort of want people to wear button downs but its not really enforced

i wear one anyway because i am a professional computer janitor dammit

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat

prefect posted:

one day, "weird nerd" may be recognized as a mental illness deserving of special accomodation
autism

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch

prefect posted:

one day, "weird nerd" may be recognized as a mental illness deserving of special accomodation

they already removed aspegers from the dsm so that day has come and gone

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

Yodzilla posted:

they already removed aspegers from the dsm so that day has come and gone

someone said you loving assholes have been letting people be weird dicks to people and calling it a disorder for how long?

Heresiarch
Oct 6, 2005

Literature is not exhaustible, for the sufficient and simple reason that no single book is. A book is not an isolated being: it is a relationship, an axis of innumerable relationships.
developer in a dress ended up transitioning many years later (ran into her elsewhere and i had no idea who she was because i left the company way before she did it) but literally nobody even asked or cared when he showed up in a dress at first, neckbeard and all

everybody assumed "weird nerd" at first and was like "okay" and then when it turned out to be a genuine trans thing everybody was like "okay" because these were people from berkeley and the like and it was hardly unusual

Nomnom Cookie
Aug 30, 2009

Dead Inside Darwin posted:

my jobs dress code is "dont wear pants with holes in them"

they sort of want people to wear button downs but its not really enforced

i wear one anyway because i am a professional computer janitor dammit

i wear button down shirts to work. their printed with palm trees and beer bottles

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe
my company has no dress code (although the office manager and her boss, an older lady and a stunningly camp man, will take the piss out of you for too-nerdy clothing) and specific policies and advice for managers to help trans members of staff

it's weird, it's the biggest and easily most evil company i've ever worked for but they treat their people better than anywhere i've ever worked, even the little isp where the owners would personally bring cakes round to everyones desks on a friday

oh yeah the ubuntuphone managed to raise 10 million bucks but is still 22 million short of its goal with 5 days to go, tears of impotent autismal rage incoming soon

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

goddamnedtwisto posted:

my company has no dress code (although the office manager and her boss, an older lady and a stunningly camp man, will take the piss out of you for too-nerdy clothing) and specific policies and advice for managers to help trans members of staff

it's weird, it's the biggest and easily most evil company i've ever worked for but they treat their people better than anywhere i've ever worked, even the little isp where the owners would personally bring cakes round to everyones desks on a friday

oh yeah the ubuntuphone managed to raise 10 million bucks but is still 22 million short of its goal with 5 days to go, tears of impotent autismal rage incoming soon

i dont get ubunto phone

isnt android fragmented enough?

NyetscapeNavigator
Sep 22, 2003

Worst job I ever had was managing a call center. I would have to write people up for body odor and send girls home for wearing leggings that showed camel toe.

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

Tora Tora Torrents posted:

Worst job I ever had was managing a call center. I would have to write people up for body odor and send girls home for wearing leggings that showed camel toe.

remember getting a new hire orientation from the call center HR director once where she specifically said that girls werent allowed to have low cut shirts at work

almost dont remember that discussion because HR director had some impressive cleavage that she was not shy about showing off

Nomnom Cookie
Aug 30, 2009

who do you complain to when the hr director sexually harasses you

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=czHOwVuxSa8

theflyingexecutive fucked around with this message at 15:58 on Aug 17, 2013

BooLoo
Oct 18, 2010

SLAM TIME

Trig Discipline posted:

oh well yeah

don't want anyone showing up in their trek uniform but the idea that you need to tell normal people over 20 what to wear in a work environment is pretty insulting

true, but the fact some can't manage it is pretty damning

Nelson MandEULA
Feb 27, 2011

"...the biggest shitbag
I have ever met."

Tora Tora Torrents posted:

how do you call girls out on that without coming across as really creepy?

Nelson MandEULA
Feb 27, 2011

"...the biggest shitbag
I have ever met."

these already exist. brooks brothers sells them in packs of three at the cash register.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
again maybe im not swag enough or whatever but why would i need to adjust the length, rather than the width of my collar stays

Nomnom Cookie
Aug 30, 2009

what are collar stays. is it a sales guy thing

Elder Postsman
Aug 30, 2000

i used hot bot to search for "teens"

WorkingPeer posted:

these already exist. brooks brothers sells them in packs of three at the cash register.

packs of three?? but collars only have two points! so you gotta get 2 packs of stays and 3 shirts just to make it work

it's like hot dogs and hot dog buns. that's how they get you.

Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

All I needed was that fatty blunt...

King of Breakfast

dur posted:

packs of three?? but collars only have two points! so you gotta get 2 packs of stays and 3 shirts just to make it work

it's like hot dogs and hot dog buns. that's how they get you.

ahahaha thats a joke from that tv show simpsons right?

Elder Postsman
Aug 30, 2000

yes it is

Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

King of Breakfast
i thought so!!

all the good jokes come from simpsons

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Sniep posted:

i thought so!!

all the good jokes come from simpsons

everything's coming up dur!

funny way to spell
Nov 4, 2012
Neighslayer is a short, light-hearted thriller about a young woman's encounter with a polite serial killer, and her interactions when she reports it to the police.
http://www.indiegogo.com/projects/neighslayer-a-short-film

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xP_UJ05JpBA

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat

dur posted:

packs of three?? but collars only have two points!
it's three pairs you fuckin' clownboat

Elder Postsman
Aug 30, 2000

yeah i figured that out after i made that post but to hell with going back and editing it

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

Nomnom Cookie posted:

what are collar stays. is it a sales guy thing

lol

cool biRd pics
Aug 28, 2009

you will feel ashamed of your words & deeds

about_face posted:

Neighslayer is a short, light-hearted thriller about a young woman's encounter with a polite serial killer, and her interactions when she reports it to the police.

this video owns. he's got that whole fat guy head lean so he doesn't show his double chin going on

cool biRd pics
Aug 28, 2009

you will feel ashamed of your words & deeds
can you believe it?? the horse mask has been out for years now and there hasn't been even one murderer reported wearing it!!

penus de milo
Mar 9, 2002

CHAR CHAR

Sham bam bamina! posted:

also lol @ all the goonlords here who don't know what collar stays are

got dat wmd spotted

A Sloth
Aug 4, 2010
EVERY TIME I POST I AM REQUIRED TO DISCLOSE THAT I AM A SHITHEAD.

ASK ME MY EXPERT OPINION ON GENDER BASED INSULTS & "ENGLISH ETHNIC GROUPS".

:banme:

about_face posted:

Hotline Miami 2 looking good.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Sham bam bamina! posted:

it's three pairs you fuckin' clownboat

does lowtax still call people "clownshoe" or "clowncar"? i used to love that :allears:

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

cool biRd pics posted:

can you believe it?? the horse mask has been out for years now and there hasn't been even one murderer reported wearing it!!

aren't they remaking point break? but without the surfing?

maybe we'll get to see someone try to wear one with a wingsuit or something

EMILY BLUNTS
Jan 1, 2005

did someone say
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ih0hmi9s1cw

ghostbusters

penus de milo
Mar 9, 2002

CHAR CHAR

syscall girl posted:

aren't they remaking point break? but without the surfing?

yeah it's called the fast and the furious

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

penus de milo posted:

yeah it's called the fast and the furious

how fast and/or furious are we talking? are they going to use a hologram of patrick swayze?

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe
could they make a movie that was too fast or furious?

flyboi
Oct 13, 2005

agg stop posting
College Slice
1 for 2 maybe?

quote:

Your order from GCW has shipped

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

i always wondered why they did Ghostbusters with characters that had nothing to do with the movie

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat

You Am I posted:

i always wondered why they did Ghostbusters with characters that had nothing to do with the movie
it's unrelated and based on a live-action show that predates the movie. columbia were able to get the rights to the ghostbusters name for the movie but they couldn't use it for a tv show, that's why the actual movie tie-in cartoon is called "the real ghostbusters :smug:"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

King of Breakfast

Sham bam bamina! posted:

it's unrelated and based on a live-action show that predates the movie. columbia were able to get the rights to the ghostbusters name for the movie but they couldn't use it for a tv show, that's why the actual movie tie-in cartoon is called "the real ghostbusters :smug:"

good 2 know

as a kid i always wondered why there was a lovely knockoff ghostbusters that i refused to watch like who would even try that

now i know there was apparently some predating wanna-be ghostbusters

• Locked thread