Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zwabu
Aug 7, 2006

Didn't the fact of having lost the last election you were in used to pretty much rule you out as a Presidential candidate unless you came back and won some statewide contest and showed you had the mojo to win?

I mean, that's why we got W instead of Jeb as the GOP standard bearer in 2000, wasn't it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
Richard Nixon being the obvious counter example to that "rule".

TheBalor
Jun 18, 2001
Yeah, but Richard Nixon was back in the races only a few years after losing. Santorum lost his seat Aaaalllll the way back in 2006, and hasn't been elected as dog-catcher since.

pig slut lisa
Mar 5, 2012

irl is good

TheBalor posted:

Yeah, but Richard Nixon was back in the races only a few years after losing. Santorum lost his seat Aaaalllll the way back in 2006, and hasn't been elected as dog-catcher since.

Finally, the type of outsider we need in Washington!

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
I can't believe this important news about the 2016 election hasn't been posted yet!

http://www.dallasnews.com/news/politics/headlines/20130818-born-in-canada-ted-cruz-became-a-citizen-of-that-country-as-well-as-u.s..ece

The Warszawa
Jun 6, 2005

Look at me. Look at me.

I am the captain now.
Goddammit. Cruz and Rubio are actually strongly positioned to combat the xenophobic and racist elements of the Republican Party, and it's a shame to see Cruz give into the campaign equivalent of Stop-and-Frisk.

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

get meow this wack-ass crystal prison

The Warszawa posted:

Goddammit. Cruz and Rubio are actually strongly positioned to combat the xenophobic and racist elements of the Republican Party, and it's a shame to see Cruz give into the campaign equivalent of Stop-and-Frisk.

On the other hand, Alan Keyes and Herman Cain.

The Warszawa
Jun 6, 2005

Look at me. Look at me.

I am the captain now.

serewit posted:

On the other hand, Alan Keyes and Herman Cain.

Yeah, Cain going birther was equally disappointing. Did Keyes jump in too?

Unrelated, but from Collision 2012, there's a bit that demonstrates where the Democrats have gone incredibly right with engaging the Hispanic community.

quote:

In 2012, the Obama campaign focused its Spanish-language ads on the president’s Affordable Care Act, not immigration.

The Warszawa fucked around with this message at 16:40 on Aug 19, 2013

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug

The Warszawa posted:

Oh god yes, Alan Keyes was one of the original high-profile birthers, filing a lawsuit that was eventually laughed out of court.

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

The Warszawa posted:

Unrelated, but from Collision 2012, there's a bit that demonstrates where the Democrats have gone incredibly right with engaging the Hispanic community.

I was digging a little deeper back to when Keyes worked for Reagan and tacitly defended apartheid but you know, the birther poo poo works too. :shepface:

pangstrom
Jan 25, 2003

Wedge Regret

The Warszawa posted:

No Republican is strongly positioned in that fight or will be until the "GOP rebuilding" thread contains content that isn't just Frum articles or ironic "wow they really aren't rebuilding" posts. If anything the minority candidate is just going to paper over those elements in the short term--longer term those elements are combated by the slow progress of society at large and (hopefully) crushing electoral defeats.

Or maybe they go fascist I don't know anymore. I used to say the above confidently, then I thought it was a "market being irrational longer than you can remain solvent" type of situation (i.e. I was right just too early), but now it's probably been long enough that I should be wrong in a different way.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
The funniest part of this is that Cruz's office is denying that he is also a Canadian citizen by birth and the Canadians are having none of it.

quote:

“If you leave when you’re 2 minutes old, you’re still an American. It’s the same in Canada,” said Allison Christians, a law professor at McGill University in Montreal. “He’s a Canadian citizen.”

Having practiced international tax law in the U.S. for 25 years, Christians has made a close study of citizenship rules. They often come into play in tax cases.

“They can feel as American as they want. But the question of citizenship is determined by the law of the territory in which you were physically born,” she said. “It’s not up to the Cruz family to decide whether they’re citizens.”

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

Joementum posted:

The funniest part of this is that Cruz's office is denying that he is also a Canadian citizen by birth and the Canadians are having none of it.

On the plus? side, he was never officially a Cuban:

quote:

As a Cuban, Rafael Cruz probably could have requested citizenship for his son, experts said. Even if he’d wanted to, the Cuban Constitution bans dual citizenship. And the chance to register the child passed long ago.

The Warszawa
Jun 6, 2005

Look at me. Look at me.

I am the captain now.

But Rocks Hurt Head posted:

Oh god yes, Alan Keyes was one of the original high-profile birthers, filing a lawsuit that was eventually laughed out of court.

Fair enough, though I'd dispute calling anything Alan Keyes has done since 2004 "high profile." :colbert:

serewit posted:

I was digging a little deeper back to when Keyes worked for Reagan and tacitly defended apartheid but you know, the birther poo poo works too. :shepface:

Oh goddammit.

pangstrom posted:

No Republican is strongly positioned in that fight or will be until the "GOP rebuilding" thread contains content that isn't just Frum articles or ironic "wow they really aren't rebuilding" posts. If anything the minority candidate is just going to paper over those elements in the short term--longer term those elements are combated by the slow progress of society at large and (hopefully) crushing electoral defeats.

Or maybe they go fascist I don't know anymore. I used to say the above confidently, then I thought it was a "market being irrational longer than you can remain solvent" type of situation (i.e. I was right just too early), but now it's probably been long enough that I should be wrong in a different way.

I mean, I'm a believer in changing parties from within (which is how the GOP got where it is), but I think strong leadership by minority Republicans is the only thing that can pull the Republican Party back from the brink of going full-on white supremacist "populist" nutjob.

The Warszawa fucked around with this message at 17:00 on Aug 19, 2013

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Joementum posted:

I suppose this means that Cruz was legitimately born into dual citizenship? That's interesting, for some reason I didn't know that's the way Canada did it.

How are u
May 19, 2005

by Azathoth
It's pretty funny that Cruz is a Canadian citizen no matter how much he wishes otherwise. The primary ads should be pretty great.

e: oh, how fun would it be to try and goad him into publicly renouncing it or something in order to prove his American-ness. That could be hilarious.

How are u fucked around with this message at 17:35 on Aug 19, 2013

Sulphagnist
Oct 10, 2006

WARNING! INTRUDERS DETECTED

How are u posted:

It's pretty funny that Cruz is a Canadian citizen no matter how much he wishes otherwise. The primary ads should be pretty great.

As the article says, he can always renounce it since he's a dual citizen and would be left with his US citizenship. But renouncing without a proper reason (the Constitution doesn't bar it) would seem churlish and it wouldn't get rid of the birtherism issue of not being born on US soil.

Edit: Oh you edited your post. Anyway, I am certainly going to enjoy this being brought up against him. It's like some sort of bizarre alternate universe where Canadianness is like Catholicism was for JFK in the 60s. "Is your allegiance to the American public, or to the Queen of Canada? :tinfoil:"

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

The Warszawa posted:

Oh goddammit.

I also wanna say Herman Cain's shades-of-Anita Bryant scandal was sourced from one of the other primary camps, but I don't remember if that was actually verified.

The Warszawa
Jun 6, 2005

Look at me. Look at me.

I am the captain now.

serewit posted:

I also wanna say Herman Cain's shades-of-Anita Bryant scandal was sourced from one of the other primary camps, but I don't remember if that was actually verified.

Anita Bryant? Do you mean Anita Hill?

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

The Warszawa posted:

Anita Bryant? Do you mean Anita Hill?

Yeah, my bad.

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OawrlVoQqSs

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/politics/herman-cain-gop-presidential-hopeful-homosexuality-gay-sin-personal-choice-article-1.965046

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science
The Daily Beast has an article with some statements from Ted Cruz's classmates at Princeton.

The Daily Beast posted:

"I remember very specifically that he had a book in Spanish and the title was Was Karl Marx a Satanist? And I thought, who is this person?" Mazin says of Ted Cruz. “Even in 1988, he was politically extreme in a way that was surprising to me.”
By Mazin’s account and those of multiple members of Princeton’s class of 1992, the Ted Cruz who arrived as a college freshman in 1988 was nearly identical to the man who arrived in Washington as a freshman Republican senator in 2013: intelligent, confident, fixated on conservative political theory, and deeply polarizing.
“It was my distinct impression that Ted had nothing to learn from anyone else,” said Erik Leitch, who lived in Butler College with Cruz. Leitch said he remembers Cruz as someone who wanted to argue over anything or nothing, just for the exercise of arguing. “The only point of Ted talking to you was to convince you of the rightness of his views."
In addition to Mazin and Leitch, several fellow classmates who asked that their names not be used described the young Cruz with words like “abrasive,” "intense," “strident,” “crank,” and “arrogant." Four independently offered the word “creepy,” with some pointing to Cruz’s habit of donning a paisley bathrobe and walking to the opposite end of their dorm’s hallway where the female students lived.
“I would end up fielding the [girls’] complaints: 'Could you please keep your roommate out of our hallway?'" Mazin says.

Throughout those years, Cruz and Panton remained friends, and Panton still speaks highly of him, saying with praise that the one word that describes Cruz best is “consistent.”
“He's not someone who shifts in the wind,” Panton says. “The Ted Cruz that I knew at 17 years old is exactly the same as the Ted Cruz I know at 42 years old. He was very conservative then, and an outspoken conservative. He remains strongly conservative today."

Craig Mazin said he knew some people might be afraid to speak in the press about a senator, but added of Cruz, “We should be afraid that someone like that has power.”
And the idea that his freshman roommate could someday be the leader of the free world? “I would rather have anybody else be the president of the United States. Anyone,” Mazin said. “I would rather pick somebody from the phone book."

So the bottom line is that he was creepy, yet ideologically consistent. Not exactly the most groundbreaking revelations...

Source.

ufarn
May 30, 2009
Ted Cruz: severely conservative.

foot
Mar 28, 2002

why foot why
It looks like strong conservative ideology truly is a sign of arrested development.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
“I would rather have anybody else be the president of the United States. Anyone,” Mazin said. “I would rather pick somebody from the phone book."

Man, the primaries are going to be really fun.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
None of that stuff about Ted Cruz is surprising. Read this story covering his childhood.

quote:

Rafael Edward Cruz's conservative baptism came at 13, when his parents enrolled him in an after-school program in Houston that was run by a local nonprofit called the Free Enterprise Education Center. Its founder was a retired natural gas executive (and onetime vaudeville performer) named Rolland Storey, a jovial septuagenarian whom one former student described as "a Santa Claus of Liberty."

Storey's foundation was part of a late-Cold War growth spurt in conservative youth outreach. (Around the same time in Michigan, an Amway-backed group called the Free Enterprise Institute formed a traveling puppet show to teach five-year-olds about the evils of income redistribution.) The goal was to groom a new generation of true believers in the glory of the free market.

Storey lavished his students with books by Austrian School economist Ludwig von Mises, political theorist Frédéric Bastiat, and libertarian firebrand Murray Rothbard—and hammered home his teachings with a catechism called the Ten Pillars of Economic Wisdom. (Cruz was a fan of Pillar II: "Everything that government gives to you, it must first take from you.") Storey's favorite historian was W. Cleon Skousen, an FBI agent turned Mormon theologian who posited that Anglo-Saxons were descendants of the lost tribe of Israel. Skousen was also a patriarch of the Tenther movement—whose adherents view the 10th Amendment as a firewall against federal encroachment. (By Skousen's reading, national parks were unconstitutional.)

Cruz was a star pupil. "He was so far head and shoulders above all the other students—frankly, it just wasn't fair," says Winston Elliott III, who took over the program after Storey retired. When Storey organized a speech contest on free-market values, Cruz won—four years running. "It was almost as if you wished Ted might be sick one year so that another kid could win."

Cruz and other promising students were invited to join a traveling troupe called the Constitutional Corroborators. Storey hired a memorization guru from Boston to develop a mnemonic device for the powers specifically granted to Congress in the Constitution. "T-C-C-N-C-C-P-C-C," for instance, was shorthand for "taxes, credit, commerce, naturalization, coinage, counterfeiting, post office, copyright, courts." The Corroborators hit the national Rotary Club luncheon circuit, writing selected articles verbatim on easels. They'd close with a quote from Thomas Jefferson: "If a nation expects to be ignorant and free…it expects what never was and never will be."

And then watch this interview with his father where he says Ted is destined by God for greatness and then watch this video of his father talking about how Obamacare will destroy the elderly and turn the US into Castro's Cuba.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BrEpRglQNMo

Cruz is nuts, he was brought up nuts, but he's also smart, making him really dangerous.

pincky
Oct 28, 2010
:siren: POLITICO Overload :siren:

Diamond Joe is ready to run! (Even against H. R. Clinton)*

*Some sources say...

quote:

Political allies of Vice President Joe Biden have concluded that he can win the 2016 Democratic presidential nomination—even if Hillary Clinton enters the contest—and are considering steps he could take to prepare for a potential candidacy.

While Mr. Biden has made no decision about his future, people familiar with his thinking say, he hasn't ruled out a bid for the White House. If he runs, that could set up a titanic battle between two of the party's most prominent figures.

One step under discussion by Biden backers is to form a political action committee he would use to funnel money to other Democratic candidates, which could build goodwill for a possible White House bid, people familiar with the talks said. Meanwhile, Mr. Biden is preparing to attend a Democratic event in Iowa, which traditionally holds the first nominating contest, and to raise money this week for the Democratic governor of New Hampshire, the state that holds the first primary.

Political allies of Vice President Joe Biden have concluded that he can win the 2016 Democratic presidential nomination, even if Hillary Clinton enters the contest. Colleen McCain Nelson reports on the News Hub. Photo: Getty Images.

Many prominent Democrats believe that Mrs. Clinton would be so heavily favored in a presidential primary that Mr. Biden and other party hopefuls wouldn't even contest the nomination were she to run. A recent poll in New Hampshire showed Mrs. Clinton leading Mr. Biden and other possible Democratic candidates by upward of 50 points.

"I don't see Biden and Hillary running against each other," said David Axelrod, a senior strategist in both of President Barack Obama's presidential campaigns and who worked for Mrs. Clinton's New York senatorial bid in 2000. "I would be shocked to see that materialize."

But Biden loyalists aren't writing off the idea. They say he has ties to elected officials nationwide, can attract crowds and money, and is a visible part of an administration that is popular with Democratic voters.

"He's the vice president of the United States of America! When you're the sitting vice president and you're running against anybody, you still have a chance," said one person close to Mr. Biden.

Mr. Biden raised $11.3 million in his 2008 presidential campaign before dropping out of the race after the Iowa caucuses, according to the Center for Responsive Politics.

"There's definitely a path forward for him" even if Mrs. Clinton decides to run, said Larry Rasky, who worked on Mr. Biden's two previous presidential bids, in 1988 and 2008.

A senior aide to Mr. Biden said: "The vice president is focusing on being vice president and making the president's second term as productive as possible. Any talk of other future plans is complete speculation."

Biden allies believe he could run on some of the accomplishments Mr. Obama notched over two terms. If the economic recovery continues, Mr. Biden could run on the basis that he was a partner in combating the recession. Unemployment hit 10% in the first year of Mr. Obama's term and as of July was down to 7.4%.

"My guess is it would be a legacy campaign, continuing to build on the success they've had in the administration,'' Mr. Rasky said.

Mr. Biden finds himself in an unusual spot: a sitting vice president who would be a distinct underdog in a race to win his party's support.

Over the past half century, vice presidents who ran for president invariably captured their party's nomination. Al Gore did so in 2000; George H.W. Bush beat back a challenge from then-Sen. Bob Dole in 1988. Hubert Humphrey prevailed in 1968, and Richard Nixon easily won the GOP nomination in 1960.

The last sitting vice president to fail to win the nomination was Alben Barkley, who served under Harry Truman and lost out in 1952 to Adlai Stevenson. Mr. Barkley was 74, and his age was cited as a reason for his defeat.

Mr. Biden will be 73 when the 2016 election rolls around, but his handicap isn't age so much as the formidable presence of Mrs. Clinton, analysts say. A Clinton candidacy would have historic implications. If the former first lady and secretary of state won, she would break a gender barrier much as Mr. Obama broke a racial barrier in 2008.

"He's in the shadow of Hillary Clinton, and he always has been," said Robert Dallek, a presidential biographer.

So far, Mr. Biden has left open the possibility of running, telling GQ magazine this year that "I can die a happy man never having been president of the United States, but it doesn't mean I won't run."

Mr. Biden's itinerary shows he has an eye on the states holding early contests. On Thursday, he will headline a fundraiser for New Hampshire Gov. Maggie Hassan, the state's Democratic leader. Next month, he will speak at the annual steak fry hosted by Sen. Tom Harkin, an Iowa Democrat.

A Biden aide described the Iowa appearance as "a longstanding commitment after the vice president was unable to attend last year."

But others saw campaign considerations at work. Mike Gronstal, a Democrat who is the majority leader in the Iowa Senate, said of Mr. Biden: "He's got lots of important duties as vice president of the United States, and he decided to come out to Sen. Harkin's steak fry. I couldn't imagine how you wouldn't read something into that." Mr. Gronstal said it is too early for him to commit to a candidate.

One Democratic official who is close to Mr. Biden said of his inner circle: "Everyone involved in his world is engaged in taking all the steps that make sense to prepare for a run, if he does run."

If Mrs. Clinton and Mr. Biden run, Mr. Obama would stay out of the race, the official said, and express support for both. People with knowledge of the dynamic say Mr. Obama has signaled to others in the White House that he sees both as equals.

"There's some consideration given to making sure that the vice president's people aren't upset by anything," the Democratic official said. Mr. Obama's aides, for example, told Mr. Biden's team that the president's joint interview with Mrs. Clinton earlier this year with the CBS program "60 Minutes'' was prompted by his appreciation for the job she did as secretary of state, not about setting her up for a White House bid.

In private conversations, Mr. Biden's advisers are talking about steps to prepare for his possible entry into the race. A political action committee, these people say, would allow Mr. Biden to raise and disburse money to favored candidates in the 2014 midterm elections, cementing ties to influential Democrats around the country in advance of a possible presidential bid.

The political action committee would be similar to the "leadership PACs" created by members of Congress. It could accept individual donations of up to $5,000, said the people familiar with the talks. Mr. Biden also could use it to cover the cost of political travel, such as his coming trips to Iowa and New Hampshire, election law experts said.

If they decide to run, Mrs. Clinton and Mr. Biden would need to announce their intentions in 2014, political analysts said. But Mrs. Clinton is thought to have the luxury of being able to wait longer than Mr. Biden, because a super PAC called Ready for Hillary already is organizing and raising money for her potential candidacy.

The pro-Clinton group has picked up some marquee talent from Mr. Obama's campaign team, including two experts in grass-roots organization, Jeremy Bird and Mitch Stewart.

"Everybody is ready to go," said Harold Ickes, a top strategist in Mrs. Clinton's 2008 campaign and an informal adviser to the Ready for Hillary PAC. "There are people who are ready not only to raise money for her but to give handsomely…But no one is doing anything until she gives a positive nod."

Some Biden backers say that if he ran and notched some early victories, he could crack the image of Mrs. Clinton as an invincible candidate.

Sara Riley, a lawyer from Cedar Rapids, Iowa, who volunteered for Mr. Biden's 2008 campaign, said that if Mrs. Clinton hasn't learned from her third-place showing in the state in 2008, Mr. Biden could seize a chance to build early momentum.

But Mr. Biden has hit hurdles in his own White House campaigns. He dropped out of the 1988 race amid accusations he plagiarized a speech and law-school paper. In 2008, Mr. Biden placed fifth in Iowa's caucuses, garnering 23 delegates, compared with 737 won by Mrs. Clinton. He soon quit the race.

Also: Hillary as a Dean on some Campus?? Potomac Tigerbeat speculation

Ted "Maple Syrup" Cruz releases his (long form???) Birth Certificate!

And lasty, the runners-up ask: Why not me?? including O'Malley, Klobuchar, Gillibrand (Also mostly speculative bullshit)

How are u
May 19, 2005

by Azathoth
Well looks like Cruz just went and publicly renounced his Canadian citizenship. What a goofus. I find it hilarious that the state of our politics is such that somebody would actually do something like that.

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2013/08/19/ted-cruz-renounces-canadian-citizenship-in-statement/

Brigadier Sockface
Apr 1, 2007
well at least he goes out there and proves his allegiance to america, unlike Obama. According to the Kenyan constitution any child of a Kenyan citizen is a Kenyan by birth as well but he thinks we should let this little detail go unchecked!

Stretch Marx
Apr 29, 2008

I'm ok with this.

How are u posted:

Well looks like Cruz just went and publicly renounced his Canadian citizenship. What a goofus. I find it hilarious that the state of our politics is such that somebody would actually do something like that.

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2013/08/19/ted-cruz-renounces-canadian-citizenship-in-statement/

As a Canadian, you can have him.

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx

HBNRW posted:

As a Canadian, you can have him.

Hey gently caress you buddy you don't get to foist both Rafael Cruz and Celine Dion on us and expect to get away with it.:argh:

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
Robert Costa, who's trying (and succeeding a bit) to make NRO more than just a white supremacist rag, has a good look this morning at Christie mending fences with the Romney crew.

quote:

Christie has worked diligently to repair his ties to Romney World, which remains influential in national Republican politics. In late March, he had a private dinner with Romney in Boston, and a few days later Romney praised Christie during his speech at the Conservative Political Action Conference. Christie then attended Romney’s donor retreat in June, where his aides linked up with Romney’s former finance director, Spencer Zwick, and Romney’s major donors, and courted them at receptions. Last month, he spent time in Las Vegas with casino magnate Sheldon Adelson, one of Romney’s big-dollar supporters during the general election. And for his reelection campaign, he has hired Russ Schriefer, a former Romney adviser and consulting whiz, to produce his campaign ads.

New Jersey state senator Joe Kyrillos, who chaired Christie’s 2009 campaign and Romney’s state campaign, traveled with Christie to Park City, Utah, this summer for the Romney confab. “Going in, we knew that there might be some lingering frustration with some Romney folks, but he was swarmed as he made his way through the lobby,” Kyrillos recalls. “He was a rock star. At one point, he was stuck off to the side of the room; the crowd, waiting in line to take iPhone photos, was that thick.”

There's more in there with comments from GOP establishment voices, but those two paragraphs seem the most important. If Romney is willing to let bygones be bygones the only people hitting Christie on his Sandy collaboration with Obama will be the far right in the party who'll never support Christie anyway.

ufarn
May 30, 2009
You forgot the crucial Kissinger endorsement that made it sound like Christie's main allure is how undefined and malleable he is on certain subjects - like, oh, say, foreign policy.

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

*Israeli Government-affiliated poster

ufarn posted:

You forgot the crucial Kissinger endorsement that made it sound like Christie's main allure is how undefined and malleable he is on certain subjects - like, oh, say, foreign policy.

Christie 2016: Finish what we started in Laos!

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

ufarn posted:

Maybe Kissinger could be his running mate. Christie provides the popularity, Kissinger the experience (of being a war criminal). A winning ticket!

Protagorean
May 19, 2013

by Azathoth
He'd also fill the mandatory Lich member of the ticket. Jesus, the guy is ninety years old.

Pornographic Memory
Dec 17, 2008
You just tell people "hey, he's going to die in office, we all know it, so here's my backup vice president!" and it gets you three "home state" bumps - New Jersey, Bavaria, and a third of your choosing.

ufarn
May 30, 2009

Protagorean posted:

He'd also fill the mandatory Lich member of the ticket. Jesus, the guy is ninety years old.
The suffering sustains him.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

ufarn posted:

Can Cheney be VP again?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

Sir Tonk posted:

Can Cheney be VP again?

Why settle for VP?

Cheney/Cruz 2016

• Locked thread