Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nis
Feb 21, 2011

:allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Klopp's 13pts clear thanks to video ref

Chris de Sperg posted:

Unfortunately this is indicative of the rotting corpse that the Premiership has become

Clint, our 12th best player, has decided that the MLS is the better option. USA soccer is rising fast which is fantastic for the game, I can see the likes of Utd and Chelsea joining the league within 5 years.

MLS is now more popular in Asia than the PL, a true indicator of a leagues quality

Please post the source.

Strawman
Feb 9, 2008

Tortuga means turtle, and that's me. I take my time but I always win.

This is the right thread for John Barnes performing Rappers Delight isn't it?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k73c5-XQbeU

He's definitely been working on his flow since World in Motion imo.

Eric Cantonese
Dec 21, 2004

You should hear my accent.
Brendan Rogers is such a fool saying arsenal lack class like c’mon bro the last two years you were the liverpool boss you ended the season below 5th place calling us lowclass.. Liverpool is lowclass holding on to a player who doesn’t even want to be there same predicament as rvp last season with us he didn’t want to be here we let him go.

Eric Cantonese
Dec 21, 2004

Also, Pool Party Part II - A Daniel Agger One Shot

Eric Cantonese fucked around with this message at 01:58 on Aug 7, 2013

c0burn
Sep 2, 2003

The KKKing

paddyboat
Feb 20, 2013

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez
Run down the wing for me

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

Are the tweets themselves the bad posts? The compilation of them owns.

Nis
Feb 21, 2011

:allears:

blue footed boobie posted:

Are the tweets themselves the bad posts? The compilation of them owns.

Yes, that's exactly it. That and the fact that everything that comes out of his mouth is utter shite

paddyboat
Feb 20, 2013

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez
Run down the wing for me

Homura posted:

Yes, that's exactly it. That and the fact that everything that comes out of his mouth is utter shite

And the idea that he'll be flip-flopping again in a few weeks when Suarez stays right where he is.

Paperhouse
Dec 31, 2008

I think
your hair
looks much
better
pushed
over to
one side
Everything he says, regardless of whether it's to do with football, should go into a massive pile of "stuff we can all agree should be destroyed for the sake of everybody".

Thurlow
Aug 14, 2005
We knew he was Agger when he walked in
We saw his knuckles, yeah
His elbow flew into Torres' chin
Now he's lying on the cold hard ground!
And then all the dudes go BOOOOOOOOOOSSSHHHHH
And then all the girls go AAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH
BOOOOOSHHH
AAAHHHHHHHHHH
AGGER, AGGER, AGGER

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe
you know what people are really afraid of in Europe is the MLS becoming the melting pot league one day where players from all over can come and play...can you imagine that...The old Nasl was like that when they had the cosmos, 15 different countries were represented on that squad...and allot of the good players said it was the best experience they ever had playing together...Europe is scared of a MLS becoming full of Americans, south Americans, and Europeans kicking rear end on a regular basis...

crappledan
Dec 17, 2009

Serious Title Contenders

@zamalektrolls

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

While testing your nerve Arsene has held his. Check out these amazing articles I found in the back of my Delorean

"Arsene Wenger loves a bargain and he knows how to find one. Biding his time Wenger waited until the perfect moment to sign Cazorla for at least 50% below his true value. Not only does he love a bargain, but he's French, he knows the French leagues well and has often done his business there, and if there is one club to which he is well connected and has the inside scoop it is his former club Monaco. Wenger had one striking target all summer, but there was one big problem he had to overcome - third-party ownership. He didn't want to splash the cash on Falcao, and it's just as well, because he couldn't. Yet by going to the cash rich, non-Champions League playing, Monaco that would no longer be a problem. Arsene has long known of the French leagues plan to implement fair taxes on all of its teams, regardless of where they are located and he knew that Monaco couldn't continue to drop unlimited founds into their team.

So he waited.

He feigned interest in Saurez to keep the anxious fans happy.

So here we are, a late August deal, a cut price, a world-class striker." -Gray's Sports Almanac 2000-2050

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"August 13th 2013 - As post Olympic blues began to sweep through the capital a wry smile flicked across of the face of on Arsene Wenger. He was in his home office talking to none other than his long time foe and rival Sir Alex Ferguson. He'd just agreed to sell his star player to his arch nemesis yet he'd also learned some fascinating news and including a very secret clause into the sale of his captain. Wenger had no interest in selling until Sir Alex confided that this would be his last season in charge at the Red Devils. At which point an agreement was reached that involved a different Arsenal captain.

Fast forward to the end of August 2013, the undeterrable Moyes makes a final audacious bid for one Cesc Fabregas. Most think it a pointless exercise, yet Barca's head is turned and they have to find money to pay for their earlier transfer exploits. The offer is accepted and Mr. Wenger immediately pounces on a buy back clause none but the mastermind Wenger could have thought to include in the sale of his then star man.

It was an unseasonably cold early November afternoon when Arsene Wenger stepped onto the pitch at Old Trafford and looked up into the stands to exchange a nod with the former manager, a nod that was filled the more than just respect, it was the passing of a baton. A new era of dominance was being ushered in that few could have imaged." -The Guardian, April 18 2019 (the day after Arsenal secured an unprecedented fifth league title in six years)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"After waiting so late to do his transfer deals Wenger knew he'd have a better chance of signing quality depth in the squad once his marque signings had been announced. These were by no means panic buys, and the quality of the signings should show that. After bringing back Cesc Fabregas and making the swoop of the season by signing Radamel Falcao just weeks after his maga money move to AS Monaco, today Arsenal have officially announced the addition of 3 more players who have surely turned Arsenal into not just title contenders, but favourites. Lars Bender, Matthias Ginter, and Erik Lamela we're all unveiled today at the Emirates just hours after the transfer deadline day deals we're announced. Adding some much needed depth to the quality seeped squad, Arsenal now look to be a genuine force.

"An offer was there (from Tottenham) but the gap between the two sides, the stadiums, the fans, was too great. I am moving to England to win trophies and for me that could only mean one team, Arsenal are a top, top team. Tottenham do not play in the Champions League and if you look back at Arsenals record they are there every year. Ever since I left my native Argentina Thursday nights have been sacred to me and my family, we always talk together and they tell me all that is happening at home. Obviously if I were to join Tottenham there would be a clash here every week, this was a major consideration, so the decision was easy to join Arsenal." - Erik Lamela

Many questions and accusations were thrown at the manager during the summer, from both in and outside the Arsenal camp. Yet the Arsenal manger seems to be fully vindicated and his patience has paid off. They promised to spend and to be completive and they have done both!" - Daily Mail, (September 3rd 2013)

Modus Trollens
Sep 12, 2010

http://prosoccertalk.nbcsports.com/...merica/related/

The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

You have to say I can open my presents
Moyes needs Bale & Suarez, immediately!

RVP is AVERAGE. I was a pub striker in my playing days, so I know the role well. He scored 2 but he always does in the average EPL. Where was he against Real Madrid?

He wouldn't score half the goals in a superior league like the Russian. Their defenders are no nonsense, strong & destroy forwards. The Prem is full of flashy 'defenders' who can't mark a man.

HJB
Feb 16, 2011

:swoon: I can't get enough of are Dan :swoon:
People need to stop putting very obvious troll posts from the BBC comments section in here.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
Benji in London on text: I wouldn't be so confident about Chelsea's ability to win the league this season. This was certainly a convincing display, but I saw their first XI on their American tour this summer and they were only scraping victories against mediocre European sides such as Roma. They may have won easily today, though I reckon they will have a really tough ride upon facing Utd, City, or even Spurs and Liverpool.

Big Black Dick
Mar 20, 2009

Interesting choice of photo by NBC

jre
Sep 2, 2011

To the cloud ?

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

Gabriel Oberton (Mars)

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.
Yugoslavian style? Of course not.
It has to be Zlatan-style.

mynameisjohn posted:

Gabriel Oberton (Mars)

That bit is funny though

marcadia
Sep 13, 2005

@bendtnerb52 you know you can be an awesome talent yea? Please ignore what people say, take to people like David Beckham, Robbie Keane and Ryan Giggs who all have doubters at one point in their careers but forged ahead by simply training harder, analyzing their games and keeping focused. God loves you Bendtner.

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

For this recipie you will need:
Football match (Halftime of), Celebrity Owner (Motivational speaking of), Sherry (Bottle of)

marcadia posted:

@bendtnerb52 you know you can be an awesome talent yea? Please ignore what people say, take to people like David Beckham, Robbie Keane and Ryan Giggs who all have doubters at one point in their careers but forged ahead by simply training harder, analyzing their games and keeping focused. God loves you Bendtner.

Did he send that to himself?

The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

Blue Screen Error posted:

Did he send that to himself?

If he did I can't even begin to describe how much it would be in the wrong thread. I just read it in my head as coming from him and it sounded AMAZING

marcadia
Sep 13, 2005

No some guy wrote it to him but IDD it would be hilarious if he had written it [and pretty plausible].

jyrka
Jan 21, 2005

Potato Count: 2 small potatoes
I say Sunderland wins 4-0..Hattrick by Jozy and an assist to Adam Johnson.

The key here would be to target jozy as much as possible with low ball onto his feet into the middle, and let him either create a chance for himself or use the overlapping forward alongside him to create chances for others....That should be the game plan.

Also, Sessegnon should be told to support jozy as much as possible by playing a bit more advance postion...too often, during the Fulham match, we saw jozy completely isolated in front with Sessi nowhere near him.

Roberge is very comfortable on the ball like Gerald pique, but I wonder whether he should start this one, specially with Lambert aerial dominance....Maybe Cuellar would be a better choice here just to handle Lambert.

Finally, I believe DiCanio should think strongly about removing Larsson out of the starting XI because he's not really bringing anything to the table...
I know this may not be popular, but I'd rather go with Cattermole alongside Cabral to give the midfield an extra bite with 2 ball-winning CM that will chase 24/7....Cattermole will also have something to prove so he'll be up for it.

I would also suggest that DiCanio should consider playing another proper striker to make sure Jozy has the support on top..

Eric Cantonese
Dec 21, 2004

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/robbie-savages-insiders-guide-how-2207689

quote:

Shakespeare. Keats. ­Wordsworth. Savage? Not so much a story of the week this time, but a poem of the week.

Since sonnet seems to be the hardest word, I ushered in a new Premier League season by reciting my ode to the 20 clubs on BBC’s Football Focus last weekend.

I thought I would share it with you in print - if only in the hope that I might become Poet Laureate one day...

With Moyes stepping into the biggest of shoes,

The Special One’s back as king of the Blues,

From frosty to Chile will City make ground?

Wenger’s finally trying to spend £40million and a pound,

Liverpool’s progress is shrouded in doubt,

Spurs spend big – but will the biggest Bale out?

Martinez has picked Toffees over pies,

As ever in Newcastle interest is ­sky-high,

At Villa Benteke is the leading light,

The Saints hope England’s new star will shine bright!

The Baggies have gambled on some old French flair,

Will the Hammers be worshipping pony-tailed hair?

The Swans will continue to pass and pass and pass,

Bent joins Berbatov to cover a few blades of grass.

Expect fireworks at the Stadium of Light,

The Potters need a spark to stay in the top flight,

Cardiff have broken records, but is that simple?

The Canaries have ­strengthened with Hooper and Wolfswinkel,

Brucey is back with the Tigers of Hull City,

The bookies predict that Crystal Palace will be sh... ocking.

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
That really doesn't deserve to be in here.

Your Weird Uncle
Jan 16, 2006
Boneless Rusto Thrash.
that poem makes west ham fans sound like a bunch of fairies as opposed to the well hard men we know we are

Insanely Sikh
Aug 26, 2009

Winner, SA's Sikh Of the Year, 2013
'ardnuts blowing bubbles

Your Weird Uncle
Jan 16, 2006
Boneless Rusto Thrash.
oi lad come off it then are you takin the piss

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.
Yugoslavian style? Of course not.
It has to be Zlatan-style.

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack
After watching the match, my main question for City is are they built with too many players trying to score rather than move the ball? It looked like many of them were too busy trying to stuff it down the middle rather the work the edges. Cardiff stood firm but City kept with the same attack until the last five minutes before stoppage time. Pelligrini may need to rethink the starting XI because it looked overloaded with strikers and need more assist. I mean really, Cardiff stood firm in the center of the pitch for the majority of the match but City's strikers kept going to the center of the pitch like something was going to change. They did not try to work the corners until late in the match; which showed a lack of a speed attack on the wings that Chelsea and United possess. Lastly, bench Lescott. Today 2:03pm

The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

vaginal culture posted:

After watching the match, my main question for City is are they built with too many players trying to score rather than move the ball? It looked like many of them were too busy trying to stuff it down the middle rather the work the edges. Cardiff stood firm but City kept with the same attack until the last five minutes before stoppage time. Pelligrini may need to rethink the starting XI because it looked overloaded with strikers and need more assist. I mean really, Cardiff stood firm in the center of the pitch for the majority of the match but City's strikers kept going to the center of the pitch like something was going to change. They did not try to work the corners until late in the match; which showed a lack of a speed attack on the wings that Chelsea and United possess. Lastly, bench Lescott. Today 2:03pm

Haha, this one is great. Yeah City's problem is they don't faff around with the ball enough

Insanely Sikh
Aug 26, 2009

Winner, SA's Sikh Of the Year, 2013
Sounds like they're saying City need more creativity.

jyrka
Jan 21, 2005

Potato Count: 2 small potatoes
Here's some funny stuff: http://www.buzzfeed.com/majorleaguesoccer/why-there-is-no-better-time-to-love-us-mens-77oq

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chris de Sperg
Aug 14, 2009