Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

djdanno13
Apr 20, 2004

Killing Nazi Zombies since June 14 1775

88h88 posted:

This is a friend's car. It's been in his possession under a week and just look at it's little face... :(

Awww it looks like the car version of Rhianna

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mooseykins
Aug 9, 2013

Triangle tits and an annoying sex voice?

Fuuuuck youuuuu sluuuut!

88h88 posted:

This is a friend's car. It's been in his possession under a week and just look at it's little face... :(

"Too soon, Junior."

Baller Witness Bro
Nov 16, 2006

Hey FedEx, how dare you deliver something before your "delivered by" time.
An event featuring famous doriftu automobiles like Pontiac Bonnevilles and Mercury Cougars :haw:

E: Is that a bonneville or grand prix? My 90's shitbox knowledge is failing me here.

joat mon
Oct 15, 2009

I am the master of my lamp;
I am the captain of my tub.

JP Money posted:

An event featuring famous doriftu automobiles like Pontiac Bonnevilles and Mercury Cougars :haw:

E: Is that a bonneville or grand prix? My 90's shitbox knowledge is failing me here.

Bonneville. It wasn't until 2000 that the two became indistinguishable.

grumplestiltzkin
Jun 7, 2012

Ass, gas, or grass. No one rides for free.

88h88 posted:

There's a small part of me that thinks it would be neat to learn how to drift. Given that my NB is my only car, this picture is why I haven't tried to teach myself.

treizebee
Dec 30, 2011

Stage 3 oil injection

Cruseydr posted:

I think that's what happens when you put Xs over the headlights.

Over popup headlights.

Aurune
Jun 17, 2006

88h88 posted:

The story is he's an idiot, this is his first manual car and he wanted to go drifting in it. The car was spotless too. :/

Please don't tell me he just took it to the track to drift. You know what, tell me that, because if he managed to hit something that hard on a skid pad. He's a even bigger dumb rear end than if he just had more money than talent.

VVV Argh HOW HOW!! YOU kILLED THAT LITTLE CAR HOW!! :bang: VVV

Aurune fucked around with this message at 23:04 on Aug 20, 2013

G-Mach
Feb 6, 2011

Rhyno posted:

I just watched every episode of Initial D, am I ready?

You'll be ready as you will ever be! Get out there and deliver some tofu.

Left Ventricle
Feb 24, 2006

Right aorta

razorscooter posted:

Missing from this picture of Goku's Saturn is the randomly pulsing neon and LEDs all over the car.
Anime nerd trap sprung or whatever, but that's Vegitto.

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

djdanno13 posted:

Awww it looks like the car version of Rhianna

Funny.

bandman
Mar 17, 2008

Of all of the motors that can be shoehorned under the hood of a 240z, what would possess a person to choose a Ford 2.3T? A SBC would have to make more power for less money, right?

daslog
Dec 10, 2008

#essereFerrari
I'm not sure if this counts, but I spotted a Mercury Cougar when I was buying some spare parts at the Junkyard.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

bandman posted:

Of all of the motors that can be shoehorned under the hood of a 240z, what would possess a person to choose a Ford 2.3T? A SBC would have to make more power for less money, right?

I dunno about S30s, maybe the bay isn't wide enough for a V8 without some massaging? Plus the 2.3T has plenty of power if you build it, aftermarket parts are pretty easy to come by.

Or maybe it's just what he had laying around.

iForge
Oct 28, 2010

Apple's new "iBlacksmith Suite: Professional Edition" features the iForge, iAnvil, and the iHammer.

iForge fucked around with this message at 05:10 on Aug 20, 2013

razorscooter
Nov 5, 2008

Rhyno posted:

I just watched every episode of Initial D, am I ready?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

This is delicious.

razorscooter
Nov 5, 2008

In all fairness it looks like the truck was the one that hosed up. Wait, Japan drives on left side of road, nvm

razorscooter fucked around with this message at 05:46 on Aug 20, 2013

Snowdens Secret
Dec 29, 2008
Someone got you a obnoxiously racist av.

razorscooter posted:

In all fairness it looks like the truck was the one that hosed up. Wait, Japan drives on left side of road, nvm

Not only that but by the pics I'm betting the truck driver took the hit a lot worse

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde
Kinda surprised at how well the AE86 seems to have held up, all things considered. Although it does look like somebody went through the windshield. :ohdear:

Saw this at my girlfriend's apartment complex. The rear spoiler had to be only a dozen or so degrees off vertical, I can only imagine it acts more like an air-brake and gas mileage destroyer. The rain makes the paint look much better than it was, it had pretty bad orange peal. I went to high school with this idiot. At least the rear window sticker is mostly truthful, I can totally believe he "built" this in his backyard.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I'm positive that spoiler is wrong on purpose.

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde

Rhyno posted:

I'm positive that spoiler is wrong on purpose.

Eehhh, knowing the guy who owns this I could maybe see it being done ironicly, but I really don't think it is. I was amazed it didn't have a drift charm on it, all his buddies cars have them. They all gather at the only 24hr gas station in the entire county (conveniently next to the only traffic light) and sit in the parking lot for hours, occasionally making a solitary run down the highway and back, but never past the speed limit since it is also 1/8 mile away from the police station. It is the lamest loving thing.

dissss
Nov 10, 2007

I'm a terrible forums poster with terrible opinions.

Here's a cat fucking a squid.

Terrible Robot posted:

Kinda surprised at how well the AE86 seems to have held up, all things considered. Although it does look like somebody went through the windshield. :ohdear:

The truck it hit is one of those little 660cc things - you could not be driving a less safe vehicle

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

I'm torn on this one. Spotted at Wal-Mart yesterday.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

Aurune posted:

Please don't tell me he just took it to the track to drift. You know what, tell me that, because if he managed to hit something that hard on a skid pad. He's a even bigger dumb rear end than if he just had more money than talent.

He's a massive dumbass.

RIP little car. :(

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!
https://vine.co/v/hMLVA1emhej

Where we're going we don't need roads.

Sudden Infant Def Syndrome
Oct 2, 2004

Oh poo poo is that real?

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

Sudden Infant Def Syndrome posted:

Oh poo poo is that real?

Yep.

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

Maker Of Shoes posted:

https://vine.co/v/hMLVA1emhej

Where we're going we don't need roads.

Holy poo poo

Ringo Star Get
Sep 18, 2006

JUST FUCKING TAKE OFF ALREADY, SHIT

88h88 posted:

He's a massive dumbass.

RIP little car. :(

This is terribly depressing to see how clean the car looked before the dumbassery.

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.

Terrible Robot posted:

I think it held up well. In this terrible crash from earlier this year (Sweden) there would have been survivors if they'd gone out the windshield.

Black car did a careless overtaking (you can tell, with those rims and tires) behind a semi and went head on with something I'm not sure was a two-seater
(The remains were removed by the time this pic was taken, it's car-gore only)

Zamboni Apocalypse
Dec 29, 2009

MrLonghair posted:

I think it held up well. In this terrible crash from earlier this year (Sweden) there would have been survivors if they'd gone out the windshield.

Black car did a careless overtaking (you can tell, with those rims and tires) behind a semi and went head on with something I'm not sure was a two-seater

Looks like big American iron from the '60s or so - two-door for sure, might have a back seat.

joat mon
Oct 15, 2009

I am the master of my lamp;
I am the captain of my tub.

MrLonghair posted:

There's definitely something to be said for air bags and crumple zones.

The aftermath of the 'we don't need roads' leap.
The driver went to the hospital with 'serious' injuries but was conscious and talking when police got to him.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

joat mon posted:

The driver went to the hospital with 'serious' injuries but was conscious and talking when police got to him.

Wow. That held up surprisingly well.

Das Volk
Nov 19, 2002

by Cyrano4747
I have a feeling the angle of that concrete support probably deflected quite a bit of the force upwards.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

Das Volk posted:

I have a feeling the angle of that concrete support probably deflected quite a bit of the force upwards.

That's a ladder.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

Terrible Robot posted:

Saw this at my girlfriend's apartment complex. The rear spoiler had to be only a dozen or so degrees off vertical, I can only imagine it acts more like an air-brake and gas mileage destroyer. The rain makes the paint look much better than it was, it had pretty bad orange peal. I went to high school with this idiot. At least the rear window sticker is mostly truthful, I can totally believe he "built" this in his backyard.

Is there really any 'building' to ricing?

And no matter what you do to it, its still a Japanese ecobox

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002
The giant towhook crap still baffles me. They probably cost about as much as half a track day but no, you need towhooks to be towed out of what exactly?

Mighty Horse
Jul 24, 2007

Speed, Class, Bankruptcy.
My experence has been these things are so poorly maintained, or hacked up, they will need to be towed quite often.

I saw one down the other day that I am pretty sure was attached to the plastic bumper with sheetrock screws.

babyeatingpsychopath
Oct 28, 2000
Forum Veteran

joat mon posted:

There's definitely something to be said for air bags and crumple zones.

The serious injuries are probably his legs in the engine bay. Footwell intrusion has been a problem in trucks for a while now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

Everyone posted:

Crash analysis of truck

Wasabi the J fucked around with this message at 20:59 on Aug 20, 2013