Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Perigryn posted:

I wonder if Cena will ever appear on AOW.

He's supposedly a big Matt Classic fan. But before Colt started doing that gimmick, Colt told stories (during the AOW where Punk interviews Colt) about how his interactions with John were not so fun.

Here's the animated version https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h6gUFgWW2Xg

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you
Listening to Austin interview Nash, if it's true that the nWo sold tshirts out of the back of a van in the parking lot that's badass haha. Great way to further the angle with the live crowd.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

Attitude Era Podcast are putting out a bonus episode this week, before Sunday.

IT'S THE LOST BRAWL FOR ALL EPISODE :supaburn:

For those unaware, one of the guys on it hadn't seen much of the Attitude Era, and had never heard of Brawl for All. So they recorded an episode after watching all the BfA episodes. They said it was probably the funniest episode they have ever made, but the file got corrupted. But now it seems they've salvaged it.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Gonzo McFee posted:

Compared to what?

I'd say Cena isn't the problem. I'd say it's the WWE's fault for always trying to keep Cena over at the expense of anyone he's feuding against and even going so far as to ignore the midcard to focus exclusively on whatever Cena was doing.

Compared to your typical WWE B-show.

Frilled Lizard
May 22, 2004

WOOF WOOF WOOF
YOU KNOW IT

triplexpac posted:

Listening to Austin interview Nash, if it's true that the nWo sold tshirts out of the back of a van in the parking lot that's badass haha. Great way to further the angle with the live crowd.

I just re-told this story to my husband last night, it was great. I do wonder if Nash really came up with the idea, though (probably not). I also laughed at him talking about vanilla midgets and that when he and other big guys were on top, wrestling was doing 7's and 9's in the ratings, and now that there's smaller guys they're doing 2's. Yeah, I'm sure the stature of the men is the reason for that...

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Frilled Lizard posted:

I just re-told this story to my husband last night, it was great. I do wonder if Nash really came up with the idea, though (probably not). I also laughed at him talking about vanilla midgets and that when he and other big guys were on top, wrestling was doing 7's and 9's in the ratings, and now that there's smaller guys they're doing 2's. Yeah, I'm sure the stature of the men is the reason for that...

I wonder how many times the pointed out to Nash that he was one of the lowest drawing champions in WWE/F history. Surely it's been a lot by now right?

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

oatgan posted:

I wonder how many times the pointed out to Nash that he was one of the lowest drawing champions in WWE/F history. Surely it's been a lot by now right?

Or that the highest drawing champ is a decidedly average (for wrestling at least) 6'2.

Frilled Lizard
May 22, 2004

WOOF WOOF WOOF
YOU KNOW IT

oatgan posted:

He talks about this, said that he drew $328K at Madison Square Garden, and that was the biggest non-PPV draw at the time, and said "blow me".

It's a good interview overall, honestly. The nWo info is great.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Someone should point out that MSG ALWAYS does good business when WWE runs there, and that he had next to nothing to do with that.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 4 days!

El Gallinero Gros posted:

He's supposedly a big Matt Classic fan. But before Colt started doing that gimmick, Colt told stories (during the AOW where Punk interviews Colt) about how his interactions with John were not so fun.

Here's the animated version https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h6gUFgWW2Xg

Thanks for this, I had forgotten all about the animated AoW shorts. Time to catch up! :)

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
My favorite part of that is when Shockmaster busts through the wall to a classroom being taught by...Dean Douglas.

Euthyphro
Mar 14, 2004

Soy un águila de verdad.
Jeez. The Miz was bad.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

So this is a shoot DVD and not a podcast but since it's related to Kendrick's crazy podcast rants I thought I'd post it here.

Here it is guys. The holy grail of shoot DVDs.

quote:

Brian Kendrick Presents: The Kendrick Theory
Anyone who has ever heard or watched an interview with Brian Kendrick knows that he is a firm believer in hoaxes and conspiracy theories. Most interviewers will quickly lead Brian back to the topic of pro wrestling. BUT just this one time Highspots.com gives Brian an open outlet to share all his theories about the "evil geniuses" that run the world. The thoughts and opinions that are shared on this video are Brian Kendrick's and do not reflect the thoughts and opinions of Highspots.com. That is why this release is entitled The Kendrick Theory.
Here are a list of topics that are discussed:

Illuminati
Skull & Bones
9/11
Sandy Hook
War on Terror
HAARP
The Moon & Nazis
CIA & Sex Slaves
Assassinations
Supernatural
Atlantis
Aliens & Area 51
Denver Airport
Ghosts
Faked Moon Landing
Big Brother

Aprox. Running Time: 1 hour 35 mins
Bonus DVD Match:

Brian Kendrick vs. Sami Callihan - Combat Zone Wrestling - WrestleCon (4/5/13)

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Thauros posted:

I said that badly, but since he is basically in the same category with Cena as far as go to PR guys go I'm surprised to see him do a non WWE wrestling podcast with an admittedly bitter ex employee.

Promotion is promotion, if it's good for business they won't care

Now if he appeared on a show with Bryan and Dave, that would be different

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

sportsgenius86 posted:

So this is a shoot DVD and not a podcast but since it's related to Kendrick's crazy podcast rants I thought I'd post it here.

Might as well have posted that in the Carnies thread because anything he says about Sandy Hook will probably make him look like a huge piece of poo poo.

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

Doesn't mention the cold sun. No buys.

oldfan
Jul 22, 2007

"Mathewson pitched against Cincinnati yesterday. Another way of putting it is that Cincinnati lost a game of baseball."
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8exKGcS_1xg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8pb5ZhWOITQ

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

:911: painting makes up for the missing Beatles poster.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

Good lord, that second video where he's just stomping around on layers of paper.

TomWaitsForNoMan
May 28, 2003

By Any Means Necessary
Three things come to mind.

1) Good God, what I would give to spend just a few hours going through all that stuff in his house

2) He really really needs to invest in some kind of proper off-site storage for those VHS tapes. If he keeps them in the garage like that they're going to degrade. He probably should pay someone to transfer them all to DVD or some other less volatile medium too. I know he said he doesn't have time but it's not like he'd do it himself, and that collection is of genuine historical interest. If he's right about his collection being among the largest in the world (and I have no reason to doubt it) then storing them in such a haphazard manner is just ridiculous, especially given the California weather.

3) When Meltzer finally decides to retire it's going to be a huge loss to wrestling and sports journalism. I can't think of anyone who comes close to him.

TomWaitsForNoMan fucked around with this message at 11:58 on Aug 16, 2013

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

sportsgenius86 posted:

This looks like a list of all the episodes of Blame it on Outer space.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

TomWaitsForNoMan posted:

1) Good God, what I would give to spend just a few hours going through all that stuff in his house

2) He really really needs to invest in some kind of proper off-site storage for those VHS tapes. If he keeps them in the garage like that they're going to degrade. He probably should pay someone to transfer them all to DVD or some other less volatile medium too. I know he said he doesn't have time but it's not like he'd do it himself, and that collection is of genuine historical interest. If he's right about his collection being among the largest in the world (and I have no reason to doubt it) then storing them in such a haphazard manner is just ridiculous, especially given the California weather.

3) When Meltzer finally decides to retire it's going to be a huge loss to wrestling and sports journalism. I can't think of anyone who comes close to him.

He seems like the "work til he's dead" type

TomWaitsForNoMan
May 28, 2003

By Any Means Necessary
That counts as retirement, considering he's a machine

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Or WWE collapsing. He said he'd just quit at that point.

NotQuiteQuentin
Jan 29, 2005

BIG OVER
College Slice

TomWaitsForNoMan posted:

Such an incredible collection/packrat.

VHS is actually a lot more sturdy than people give credit. You'll have Betacam/max tapes from 80s degrading rapidly but VHS can hold up. Also I'd rather transfer them straight to digital file rather than DVD. Unless he has access to a DVD Mastering device rather than consumer VHS -> DVD devices, you are talking ten years. Also I winced at the boxes in the shed.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

He could have a kickstarter to raise money to have someone archive all of that poo poo digitally and he'd make whatever he needed x5 in about a day.

Arbite
Nov 4, 2009

Hah! Even Granny can't stand Todd shows.

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

having trouble sleeping so I'm burning through the week's podcasts and am listening to the Todd show for some reason. the silence after Todd says that Cena vs. Rock 2 did poorly and Bryan matter-of-factly says "the show did 1.1 million buys" was just wonderful.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

New Attitude Era Podcast: The Lost Episode! Brawl for All.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."

Sydney Bottocks posted:

Thanks for this, I had forgotten all about the animated AoW shorts. Time to catch up! :)

If you want a bit more Colt content, something a bit different, he just did Richard Herring's Edinburgh Fringe Podcast. I've only just started listening but it's interesting since Richard has taken a similar role to Colt within his profession, running a successful series of podcasts where he talks with other comedians.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

BizarroAzrael posted:

If you want a bit more Colt content, something a bit different, he just did Richard Herring's Edinburgh Fringe Podcast. I've only just started listening but it's interesting since Richard has taken a similar role to Colt within his profession, running a successful series of podcasts where he talks with other comedians.

I think you'll find all the cool cats are calling it Rehestapha. :colbert:

I didn't now this was up, thanks for letting me now. Big fan of Richard Herring.

The Goog
Aug 6, 2007

It's a Goog Day, yes it is!
SummerSlam sure was a show, wasn't it?

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

Hulkamatt is reading too much into the arm raising. Triple H was moving Bryan toward the hard camera. Bryan kept wandering.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you
Kevin Nash talking about how he and Scott were teaching Hogan how to be "cool" and wearing "Tupac bandanas" was just the funniest thing. Nash has got his fingers on the pulse of the streets!

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
Seeing the types of people who post on the F4W board, I can't imagine going to an event with those people as being anything other than hell on earth. Sounds like whatever happened at their China Buffet gathering this week was memorable.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Tato posted:

Seeing the types of people who post on the F4W board, I can't imagine going to an event with those people as being anything other than hell on earth. Sounds like whatever happened at their China Buffet gathering this week was memorable.

It's mostly just that Brent Kremen is awkward as gently caress

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer
The song from the most recent episode of Bryan and Vinny was a mindfuck.

The Goog
Aug 6, 2007

It's a Goog Day, yes it is!
Just because we did a post-PPV show last night doesn't mean we didn't do a Ten Count tonight!

Topics: 1. Darren Young coming out
2. Daniel Bryan as WWE's top face
3. Has Curtis Axel done anything of value since his repackage?
4. Oddities from tonight's Raw
5. WRESTLER OF THE WEEK: Kevin Nash
6. What current wrestlers would your 10-year-old self mark out for?
7. WWE has a lot of faces, and no clear #1 heel. How would you solve this?
8. What WCW wrestlers would you have liked to see in the WWF during the Monday Night Wars?
9. What are the best/worst names or gimmicks given to wrestlers as a rib?
10. HulkaMatt watches Total Divas so you don't have to

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

hello I wasn't myself this episode things were said to me and they went in one ear and out the other.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Boycott the 10 count.

• Locked thread