Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Abe Frohman
Mar 1, 2005

Kirby? He'll be a fry cook on Dreamland.
Up to 128 from bedrock.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MS Paint
Sep 21, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

RaspberryCommie posted:

I thought higher Y levels for the drill increased its energy efficiency or something?

I saw absolutely no difference in the efficacy of laser drills operating on bedrock (literally hugging bedrock) and laser drills at 80+. If there is a difference, it is incredibly minute.

m2pt5
May 18, 2005

THAT GOD DAMN MOSQUITO JUST KEEPS COMING BACK

Rhonyn Peacemaker posted:

I saw absolutely no difference in the efficacy of laser drills operating on bedrock (literally hugging bedrock) and laser drills at 80+. If there is a difference, it is incredibly minute.

It's supposed to take less energy per tick of work the higher it is, up to 128.

bbcisdabomb
Jan 15, 2008

SHEESH
In the Toast pack, why is my Supplier pipe not supplying potatoes and carrots to my Bio Reactor? I'm trying to automate bio power, but I'm only getting 3/5 items going in. My setup goes ME interface -> Provider Logistics -> Supplier Logistics -> Bio reactor. Anyone else having this problem?

m2pt5
May 18, 2005

I can't help with the logistics pipes, but wouldn't it be easier to just use an ME Precision Export bus set to potatoes and carrots? (If you want to limit how many slots get used, block the rest with dirt.)

bbcisdabomb
Jan 15, 2008

SHEESH

m2pt5 posted:

I can't help with the logistics pipes, but wouldn't it be easier to just use an ME Precision Export bus set to potatoes and carrots? (If you want to limit how many slots get used, block the rest with dirt.)

I want to have the system make sure there are only ever one stack of a particular item in the reactor at a time. Since it gets more efficient the more types of seeds you put in, I want to make sure I'm not flooding the thing with saplings or something.

AE can't do "keep exactly this many of these items in here" without some crazy level emitter bullshit anyway, which I don't want to deal with.

Super Rad
Feb 15, 2003
Sir Loin of Beef
This may be too obvious, but are you powering the logistics pipes?

Prokhor
Jun 28, 2009

In one moment, Earth; in the next, Heaven.

bbcisdabomb posted:

I want to have the system make sure there are only ever one stack of a particular item in the reactor at a time. Since it gets more efficient the more types of seeds you put in, I want to make sure I'm not flooding the thing with saplings or something.

AE can't do "keep exactly this many of these items in here" without some crazy level emitter bullshit anyway, which I don't want to deal with.

For bioreactors it'll keep a single slot full per item so export buses work great. It won't completely fill it so you should be just fine to use it. you might not be able to keep like 10 or any specific number sure but you can just put the specific item types you want and it'll keep it stocked beautifully

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
E: GF corrupted The World, nvm.

Turtlicious fucked around with this message at 02:55 on Aug 17, 2013

Sage Grimm
Feb 18, 2013

Let's go explorin' little dude!

Turtlicious posted:

I've got a Bio-fuel farm up, and everything is going great, but there are saplings just dropping everywhere. I've got void pipes & Insertion pipes on most things, and no more then 2 or 3 saplings gold pipes for any given line. I'm only using trees, is there a reason saplings are falling everywhere?

Post a screenshot of your pipe setup and maybe one of us will spot something you missed.

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Sage Grimm posted:

Post a screenshot of your pipe setup and maybe one of us will spot something you missed.

My Girlfriend just corrupted the server somehow on her end. Looks like we're starting over :suicide:

bbcisdabomb
Jan 15, 2008

SHEESH

Super Rad posted:

This may be too obvious, but are you powering the logistics pipes?

I have power usage turned off in the config. Plus everything else goes out just fine, it's just carrots and potatoes that are having problems.

Prokhor posted:

For bioreactors it'll keep a single slot full per item so export buses work great. It won't completely fill it so you should be just fine to use it. you might not be able to keep like 10 or any specific number sure but you can just put the specific item types you want and it'll keep it stocked beautifully

So just use a percision export bus set to single mode? I'll give that a try later.

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I do not want to make this again, even in creative :smith:

What's the best way to make an automatic power system? Ease wise? I can't chunk load the nether, and I don't want to do anything complicated, I just want a lot of power so I can screw around with power suits and quarries and stuff.

Ash Rose
Sep 3, 2011

Where is Megaman?

In queer, with us!

Turtlicious posted:

What's the best way to make an automatic power system? Ease wise? I can't chunk load the nether, and I don't want to do anything complicated, I just want a lot of power so I can screw around with power suits and quarries and stuff.

Depends on what pack you are using. With an automatic tree farm and AAs, you can recreate the banks of magmatics with steam engines for half the output.

If you have mechanism, you could always go solar or wind.

Hell, if you have magical crops you can do the magmatics by growing netherack and smelting it into lava at a crucible which is a positive energy loop, get enough going to power your magmatics and you are good to go.

As for needing the power for powersuits, In the world I am in right now I find even just the solar generator module to be plenty to run my shields and full-power jetpack. If you need any more than that get the kinetic generator and learn to manage heat.

wylker
Jul 7, 2009

This is not how I envisioned this working out.
If you're having trouble with Supplier pipes, update to latest dev logipipes. They've been working on them a ton lately. Use the Full or Partial settings.

Sage Grimm
Feb 18, 2013

Let's go explorin' little dude!

Turtlicious posted:

Build a farm with a good variety of produce, then go into MFR Bioreactors and Bio-fuel Generators. One reactor running at capacity will keep 6 generators fuelled. Each generator is good for 16 MJ/t, so a full power stack will keep a midsize base going with no brownouts. Really scaleable; my current setup slotted in another 12 gens for a total of 24 with less fuss than the first 6. This is way more power than I'll need unless I go crazy with MFR's laser mining.

Adinin
Nov 16, 2012

bbcisdabomb posted:

I have power usage turned off in the config. Plus everything else goes out just fine, it's just carrots and potatoes that are having problems.

So just use a percision export bus set to single mode? I'll give that a try later.

For some reason the export buses only put a single stack of stuff in the bio reactors, in both single or stack mode. A single bus will keep it full of 8 different things, or add on another for the full 10. This is the only thing ive ever seen them work this way on, usually they fill the entire inventory with the first item they are set for.

Robhol
Oct 9, 2012
I'm having a rather annoying bug that I'm hoping somebody here knows how to fix. I'm playing a single-player world with the Toast pack, and I have a setup involving a liquiduct pumping fuel out of a Mekanism dynamic tank. The issue is that, every time I load the world, I find that the liquiduct has stopped extracting fuel even though I'm giving it a constant redstone signal. Flipping the lever off and on again makes it work again. Any ideas? At first I thought it might be an issue with the Rednet cables I was using to connect the lever up, but the same problem occurs when I put a lever on there directly.

metasynthetic
Dec 2, 2005

in one moment, Earth

in the next, Heaven

Megamarm
http://youtu.be/VxEPrUZa_Z0

Progress video of the new fields, felt it needed to be seen in motion. Adds a new meaning to "light rail," I think.

RaspberryCommie
May 3, 2008

Stop! My penis can only get so erect.

metasynthetic posted:

Progress video of the new fields, felt it needed to be seen in motion. Adds a new meaning to "light rail," I think.

Do you think you could possibly have some kind of extender or remove the range restriction entirely for the rail fields? Would be great for futuristic transportation. Plus I wouldn't have to rely on Railcraft's high speed rails anymore.

Bluemillion
Aug 18, 2008

I got your dispensers
right here

metasynthetic posted:

Finally, the elevators I've always wanted! :swoon:

metasynthetic
Dec 2, 2005

in one moment, Earth

in the next, Heaven

Megamarm

RaspberryCommie posted:

Do you think you could possibly have some kind of extender or remove the range restriction entirely for the rail fields? Would be great for futuristic transportation. Plus I wouldn't have to rely on Railcraft's high speed rails anymore.

I have some new emitter types on the drawing board, including one that would generate fields in such a way that you could have one continuous field extending as far as you wanted. Like the electromagnet rings around a particle collider. I don't expect to have it in for the next release though.

I didn't originally envision the yellow fields behaving this way, but as I was experimenting with the physics, came up with this, and immediately spent 5 minutes sliding around having fun with them I figured I found the answer. Right after that I realized I needed new emitters so people could make zoom tubes.

I still have several bugs relating to the yellow fields I need to resolve. After that, there's one more emitter type I *do* plan to include, and some general polish and additional user configuration. Will release after that, but I don't expect it to be for a week or two.

RaspberryCommie
May 3, 2008

Stop! My penis can only get so erect.

metasynthetic posted:

I have some new emitter types on the drawing board, including one that would generate fields in such a way that you could have one continuous field extending as far as you wanted. Like the electromagnet rings around a particle collider. I don't expect to have it in for the next release though.

I didn't originally envision the yellow fields behaving this way, but as I was experimenting with the physics, came up with this, and immediately spent 5 minutes sliding around having fun with them I figured I found the answer. Right after that I realized I needed new emitters so people could make zoom tubes.

I still have several bugs relating to the yellow fields I need to resolve. After that, there's one more emitter type I *do* plan to include, and some general polish and additional user configuration. Will release after that, but I don't expect it to be for a week or two.

I always thought it was weird that no matter how futuristic I could build things with various mods that I was stuck with minecarts (Or if I had traincraft, old fashioned coal trains) for transportation. Having Zoom Tubes would just be incredible.

I only need one more type of mod to complete the whole ensemble though... anyone know of any good wireless redstone mods? I know Chickenbones didn't update his for 1.5

SugarAddict
Oct 11, 2012

metasynthetic posted:

Honestly, I would love to see this as part of a tube network like in 'Civilization: Call to Power', or even a space elevator to connect someone's house to their space station. But I know the space elevator might never happen. Anywho, cool mod. Keep up the good work.

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

Turtlicious posted:

Napkin math here but my two 25x25 oak MFR tree farms were bringing about 300 oak a minute. And a 36HP solid boiler was using 12 coal a minute. So I could power 25 36HP boilers with that setup. And its self sustaining, you just have to convert the oak to charcoal.

I have since moved onto ethonal and a forestry tree farm with a super tree as I don't like have 2 areas chunk loaded and those 25x25 mfr tree farms drop FPS by a bit.

RaspberryCommie posted:

I only need one more type of mod to complete the whole ensemble though... anyone know of any good wireless redstone mods? I know Chickenbones didn't update his for 1.5

He did and it's actually included in the FTB unleashed which is ran on 1.5.2

Holyshoot fucked around with this message at 15:09 on Aug 18, 2013

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
I expect I may eat a probation or get yet another red title out of this but I'm going to post it and hope for mercy. Before I get to what I'm posting just let me express genuine apology to anyone I bothered in the past and for making GBS threads up this thread. I really am sorry, I really do enjoy trolling the Technic team way to much and it got out of hand. :shobon: With that said this is the minecraft modding thread and I have created a really fun Minecraft mod!

This is Record Hunt for Minecraft 1.5.2! I have always thought that modded minecraft (and minecraft survival in general) was kind of pointless. It's a sand box so you kind of have to make your own fun. Feed the Beast managed to turn it into an actual game and I aimed here to do the same. Record hunt is simply a hunt for records! 40 brand new records to be precise (selected from a variety of classic video game remixes, mostly from OCremix but other places too).

Collecting all the records is no simple task though! Twenty of them are hidden in treasure chests that you must collect from randomly generated dungeons in the world. The other twenty must be crafted using materials collected from the included mods; this is the Feed The Beast portion. I used Custom Stuff 2 to add the recipes so they don't show up in NEI. I have included a list in this post for reference! Added to this the world is a lot more dangerous than normal Minecraft. The Deadly World mod makes exploring caves quite treacherous. I have added the More Health mod and reduced your starting hearts to 3 (Zelda style :v:). You must earn more hearts by finding heart pieces in random loot or gaining levels. If you die you go back to 3, brutal! There are lots of little tweaks here and there that I may be forgetting, like ore distribution etc. I have been playing/testing this for about a month and it is extremely fun, a complete departure from the machine building experience.

This version is a manual install, the file is too big for me to put on the platform with my current hosting.

Record Hunt for Minecraft 1.5.2
http://www.mediafire.com/download/j7wwadb3psiicao/Record_Hunt_V1.00.rar

Record Recipes

Mod List, 80 Total Forge Count
Archimedes Ships
Armor Bar
Applied Energistics (with power requirements removed)
Armor Movement
Barrels
Bibliocraft
Biomes o Plenty
Backpacks
Battle Towers
Better Dungeons
Better Furnaces (double your ores!)
Buff Bar
Computer Craft
Climbing Glove
Custom Stuff 2
Diamond Buckets+
Damage Indicators
Deadly World
Dimensional Doors
Duplecraft
Effector Fields
Ender Storage
Extra Utilities
Flight Ring
Gregs Lighting
Gregs Prospecting
Gravity Gun
Hexxit Gear
Infernal Mobs
Inventory Tweaks
Iron Chests
Legend Gear
Metallurgy
More Health Enhanced
More Pistons
Mystcraft
Natura
Omnitools
Pluscraft
Portal Gun
Red Logic
Reis Minimap
Soul Shards
Starting Invantory
TF2 Dispenser/sentry/teleporter
Thaumcraft 3
Thaumic Tinkerer
Tinkers Construct
Twilight Forest
Too Much TNT
Translocator
Wandcraft
Wireless Redstone
Xenos Reliquary

Rutibex fucked around with this message at 19:51 on Aug 18, 2013

vulturesrow
Sep 25, 2011

Always gotta pay it forward.
For you guys using Tinker's Construct, I was wondering what sort of tool combinations you like to make, especially early to mid-game?

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

vulturesrow posted:

For you guys using Tinker's Construct, I was wondering what sort of tool combinations you like to make, especially early to mid-game?

I try to get a Hammer/Excavator as soon as possible for sweet multiblock harvesting. The Lumber Axe/Scythe are really handy too if you aren't using Treecapitator (I don't any more as they are pretty easy to craft). Early on I make all my stuff out of 100% paper as it's easy to get an unlimited supply to repare with and you can mod it up to whatever you need. Later on I make it with the fancy metals.

Ash Rose
Sep 3, 2011

Where is Megaman?

In queer, with us!
All you need is a single part of a tool to be paper in order to get the writable aspect (such as the binding which has no effect on durability), early on it is best to use stone, bone, or flint depending on what you have access too. Unfortunately, since using metal requires using the smeltery you will most likely need a normal iron pick at some point in-between. If you have Artifice, make the jump to steel early since it is durable as hell and will let you get cobalt.

vulturesrow
Sep 25, 2011

THanks for the answers. I'm debating whether its worth it to take the time to fashion an iron axe early using TC or just use vanilla crafting and get the pulverizer up and running asap. Good call on the paper though I have a ton already so I can start playing with TC.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

axelsoar posted:

All you need is a single part of a tool to be paper in order to get the writable aspect (such as the binding which has no effect on durability), early on it is best to use stone, bone, or flint depending on what you have access too. Unfortunately, since using metal requires using the smeltery you will most likely need a normal iron pick at some point in-between. If you have Artifice, make the jump to steel early since it is durable as hell and will let you get cobalt.

I only need one paper component for maximum slots? Oh my this opens up so many more possibilities! I usually play with the smeltery option turned off so I can make metal tools right away. It's a neat mechanic but I prefer it to just be for the highest tier alloys rather than simple iron stuff.

m2pt5
May 18, 2005

Rutibex posted:

I only need one paper component for maximum slots?

Does writable stack? Standard tools allow 3 modifiers, I know writable adds one, but do additional instances of writable add more?

If not, you can always get two extras with diamond + gold block and nether star (though that's a bit less accessible.)

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

m2pt5 posted:

Does writable stack? Standard tools allow 3 modifiers, I know writable adds one, but do additional instances of writable add more?

If not, you can always get two extras with diamond + gold block and nether star (though that's a bit less accessible.)

I just tested it and writable does indeed stack. An entirely paper pickaxe has 6 modifier slots; after adding a diamond to up the durability/mining level more than enough to make it super lucky/fast.

SugarAddict posted:

Last I checked, you could only get luck 3 in tinkers constuct, did they change that if you use all paper?

Yeah it only goes up to 3, but that leaves you two slots for Haste (after the diamond). It is quite a decent early pick for commonish materials and no smeltery required.

Rutibex fucked around with this message at 04:26 on Aug 20, 2013

SugarAddict
Oct 11, 2012

Rutibex posted:

I just tested it and writable does indeed stack. An entirely paper pickaxe has 6 modifier slots; after adding a diamond to up the durability/mining level more than enough to make it super lucky/fast.

Last I checked, you could only get luck 3 in tinkers constuct, did they change that if you use all paper?

Shuffle
Feb 3, 2011

DEA Sloth!
No Fast Movements!
I just started playing again after stopping around march.

I'm using the toasty pack and I've come across this block

it doesn't drop when I tried mining it with a diamond pick or excavator from Tinker's,
I've looked through NEI and it's not the thaumcraft fire ore and I can't find it.

Any idea what it is?

m2pt5
May 18, 2005

Shuffle posted:

Any idea what it is?

It's a bee hive of some sort. Use a scoop to get bees out of it.

If you go into the NEI options (in your inventory, bottom-left of the screen Options button) you can turn on highlight tips, which will tell you what the block under your crosshair is named. With WAILA (What Am I Looking At) you can also see the mod it identifies as being from and optionally the block ID. (I say "the mod it identifies as being from" because the Extra Bees/Trees poo poo identifies as base Forestry.)

Shuffle
Feb 3, 2011

DEA Sloth!
No Fast Movements!
ah thanks, So much has been added since I last played!

AceClown
Sep 11, 2005

Is there anything around currently that works like RP2's deployer, it's the one thing I'm really missing after all this time.

I want to set up a pink slime farm and I'd like to automate placing the buckets of pink slime down to harvest the slimeballs.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

AceClown posted:

Is there anything around currently that works like RP2's deployer, it's the one thing I'm really missing after all this time.

I want to set up a pink slime farm and I'd like to automate placing the buckets of pink slime down to harvest the slimeballs.

Yup! Thuamic Tinkerer has a block called the "Tool Dynamism" which works just like a Deployer (in fact it even lets you choose between left/right clicks, so it's even better:

http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/1813058-thaumic-tinkerer-thaumcraft-addon-evolve-knowledge-v108-20k-downloads/
Skip to around 9:00
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NqWFY4UQgMY

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vulturesrow
Sep 25, 2011

Rutibex posted:

Yeah it only goes up to 3, but that leaves you two slots for Haste (after the diamond). It is quite a decent early pick for commonish materials and no smeltery required.

This is exactly the kind of little trick I was wondering about. Thanks again for the suggestions. It is super annoying that you have to build the smeltery just make iron tools in TC. I really like the mod but that one bit sticks in my craw.

I was reading somewhere (I hate to admit it but it was either the FTB official forums or sub-reddit) a question where someone asked if there was some kind of tech tree for FTB. Of course all the whiny babbys shot him down but I actually think its actually not a bad idea. Now a tech tree per se might be a little too complex due to the various inter-relationships between mods. I think the way to handle it is either: tech tree for each mod which is a lot of work or something simpler like a tier list. Anyone have any thoughts or ideas? I'm thinking about maybe throwing up some kind of resource with the info but I'm just brainstorming ideas right now and just looking for input.

• Locked thread