Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

vulturesrow posted:

I was reading somewhere (I hate to admit it but it was either the FTB official forums or sub-reddit) a question where someone asked if there was some kind of tech tree for FTB. Of course all the whiny babbys shot him down but I actually think its actually not a bad idea. Now a tech tree per se might be a little too complex due to the various inter-relationships between mods. I think the way to handle it is either: tech tree for each mod which is a lot of work or something simpler like a tier list. Anyone have any thoughts or ideas? I'm thinking about maybe throwing up some kind of resource with the info but I'm just brainstorming ideas right now and just looking for input.

I have wanted to do this for quite a while. My inspiration for a lot of the stuff I do in Minecraft mods is the old Diablo 2 mod pack Zy-El: Trial by fire (check it out it's way better than Easter Sun :v: http://www3.telus.net/zyel/). Zyel comes with a really nice 80 page PDF guide for all the hundreds of new features it has.

Several times I've started on making such a guide for modded Minecraft but inevitably there is a version change and one or more essential mods get dumped and several new mods come about. Modded Minecraft is in way too much of a state of flux to make writing a nice looking guide worth the time. In short order it would end up looking the the Ultima Online guide I picked up on release day: hilariously outdated. Until there is a modding API and we can be certain that mods won't just die with a version update I don't think it's worth the time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vulturesrow
Sep 25, 2011

Always gotta pay it forward.

Rutibex posted:

I have wanted to do this for quite a while. My inspiration for a lot of the stuff I do in Minecraft mods is the old Diablo 2 mod pack Zy-El: Trial by fire (check it out it's way better than Easter Sun :v: http://www3.telus.net/zyel/). Zyel comes with a really nice 80 page PDF guide for all the hundreds of new features it has.

Several times I've started on making such a guide for modded Minecraft but inevitably there is a version change and one or more essential mods get dumped and several new mods come about. Modded Minecraft is in way too much of a state of flux to make writing a nice looking guide worth the time. In short order it would end up looking the the Ultima Online guide I picked up on release day: hilariously outdated. Until there is a modding API and we can be certain that mods won't just die with a version update I don't think it's worth the time.

I think a way to go until those changes come about is to stick to a core group of mods. I'm looking specifically at those that enable power generation since that is probably the place where most people new to tech mods get hung up. That limits it to a handful of mods that are relatively stable and makes it easier to update when things do change. Another way to do it is to divide and conquer. If you have enough interest from people you can just have people responsible for a single mod or a handful depending on how complex they are. This of course is heavily dependent on people's willingness and ability to contribute which might make it a no go.

In theory, do you think it would work better as a wiki or as a website that just serves up guides?

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

vulturesrow posted:

I think a way to go until those changes come about is to stick to a core group of mods. I'm looking specifically at those that enable power generation since that is probably the place where most people new to tech mods get hung up. That limits it to a handful of mods that are relatively stable and makes it easier to update when things do change. Another way to do it is to divide and conquer. If you have enough interest from people you can just have people responsible for a single mod or a handful depending on how complex they are. This of course is heavily dependent on people's willingness and ability to contribute which might make it a no go.

In theory, do you think it would work better as a wiki or as a website that just serves up guides?

There are a lot of power generation systems. If you are going to compare them which ones do you include in the guide? IC2/Gregtech? A lot of people don't use those; the community is kind of split. Buildcraft? UE? Forestry? TE? Dartcraft? MFR? These are only a few, there's dozens more and not every combination will be a part of every pack. You would have to focus on a specific pack if you are going to be making comparisons between the mods to put them into tiers or a progression; and in that case you should be putting your guide on that packs Wiki. It would be daunting and you would be at the whim of a dozen mod makers balances and the pack maker himself.

Honesty I think the whole power generation thing is a little pointless and out of hand. I've intentionally stripped out anything that has a power requirement from my personal Minecraft instance. There's just nothing interesting to do with all that power besides build even more complex machines....for generating more power. Yeah big power plants full of whirring machines and tanks full of myriad liquids look cool in screen shots, but they don't really do anything.

vulturesrow
Sep 25, 2011

Always gotta pay it forward.

Rutibex posted:

There are a lot of power generation systems. If you are going to compare them which ones do you include in the guide? IC2/Gregtech? A lot of people don't use those; the community is kind of split. Buildcraft? UE? Forestry? TE? Dartcraft? MFR? These are only a few, there's dozens more and not every combination will be a part of every pack. You would have to focus on a specific pack if you are going to be making comparisons between the mods to put them into tiers or a progression; and in that case you should be putting your guide on that packs Wiki. It would be daunting and you would be at the whim of a dozen mod makers balances and the pack maker himself.

Honesty I think the whole power generation thing is a little pointless and out of hand. I've intentionally stripped out anything that has a power requirement from my personal Minecraft instance. There's just nothing interesting to do with all that power besides build even more complex machines....for generating more power. Yeah big power plants full of whirring machines and tanks full of myriad liquids look cool in screen shots, but they don't really do anything.

All good points. Might be better to just focus on a by-mod basis, it might just have to be small group of them. Again, this is all brainstorming.

Out of curiousity, could you go into your personal Minecraft instance, configs and such? I've about gotten to that point myself in terms of feeling like it's all a little pointless when you just just want to build cool systems/structures.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

vulturesrow posted:

Out of curiousity, could you go into your personal Minecraft instance, configs and such? I've about gotten to that point myself in terms of feeling like it's all a little pointless when you just just want to build cool systems/structures.

I just posted it a few posts back, I called it "Record Hunt" but it's basically just what I personally play. It's got enough powerless systems to automate most anything you can do with a powered pack and lots of random dungeons to go out and actually do something with all the neat equipment. Though I warn you it's balls hard.

fondue
Jul 14, 2002

Does someone have a config for TreeCapitator that has the BiomesOPlenty trees and leaves in it?

RaspberryCommie
May 3, 2008

Stop! My penis can only get so erect.
How difficult would you say the coding is on some of these mods? Cause I've wanted to try to make some simple stuff in game, and I've had some java classes, but not many.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

RaspberryCommie posted:

How difficult would you say the coding is on some of these mods? Cause I've wanted to try to make some simple stuff in game, and I've had some java classes, but not many.

Making a mod for Custom Stuff 2 is quite simple and straight forward. You can check out mine or look at the wiki for examples:

http://www.mediafire.com/download/1xpyy2z128uuasz/PlusCraftv0.5%2Bcustomstuff.rar
http://minecraftmodcustomstuff.wikia.com/wiki/Minecraftmodcustomstuff_Wiki

I can't comment on the difficulty of making an actual mod but I don't expect it is a huge amount more complicated. Here is a list of open source Forge mods that you can look at for examples:

http://www.minecraftforge.net/wiki/List_of_Open_Source_Forge_Mods

Jetamo
Nov 8, 2012

alright.

alright, mate.
And yet again, I am amazed at someone I know's loving care and attention to hosting a server, and how to pass the blame all to someone else.

quote:

Server is up. DimDoors is removed (Sorry guys but complain to the Developer for not knowing how to properly make a mod).

It's not like the server has so many mods that the server needs restarting pretty much every three hours, or that you continue to use MCP even though it makes the server even more unstable. :downsbravo:

m2pt5
May 18, 2005

THAT GOD DAMN MOSQUITO JUST KEEPS COMING BACK

Jetamo posted:

And yet again, I am amazed at someone I know's loving care and attention to hosting a server, and how to pass the blame all to someone else.

It's not like the server has so many mods that the server needs restarting pretty much every three hours, or that you continue to use MCP even though it makes the server even more unstable. :downsbravo:

As long as people aren't chunkloading pocket dimensions, the only part that should have significant impact from DimDoors is exploring DimDungeons.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

m2pt5 posted:

As long as people aren't chunkloading pocket dimensions, the only part that should have significant impact from DimDoors is exploring DimDungeons.

To be fair on a large enough server the dungeons could become a issue. I don't really see that as an indictment of Dimensional Doors; ever mod doesn't need to work as a large scale MMO. Dimensional Doors is one of the coolest mods around and I have been extremely pleased by how well it preforms and how useful/atmospheric it is.

Enzer
Oct 17, 2008
So new (kind of major) update to TerraFirmaCraft.

I was originally going to write up a synopsis, but there is a ton covered in this video. Early game looks a hell lot easier to get through and just general content added since I last played is pretty striking.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nDMclKAXK7k

Horses were not included this patch (Dunk is getting help from the person doing Simply Horses for horse implementation, though he is making his own model), but are slated to come out soonish.

TFC is still very spergy and kind of grindy, but it allows for such amazing building opportunities:

That floor is made from strips of like five different types of wood. :v:

Check out the change log for Build 77 and 76 (since the last one I kind of missed and was kind of big too, added leather-crafting for example) can be viewed here.

Enzer fucked around with this message at 05:51 on Aug 21, 2013

Garfu
Mar 6, 2008

Much like buttholes, families are meant to be tight.

Rutibex posted:

It is absolutely not better than Eastern Sun :colbert:

Speaking of: http://d2es.garfu.net <-- New Eastern Sun goon server

Garfu fucked around with this message at 05:55 on Aug 21, 2013

Killer-of-Lawyers
Apr 22, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020

Enzer posted:

I was originally going to write up a synopsis, but there is a ton covered in this video. Early game looks a hell lot easier to get through and just general content added since I last played is pretty striking.

Horses were not included this patch (Dunk is getting help from the person doing Simply Horses for horse implementation, though he is making his own model), but are slated to come out soonish.

TFC is still very spergy and kind of grindy, but it allows for such amazing building opportunities:

Check out the change log for Build 77 and 76 (since the last one I kind of missed and was kind of big too, added leather-crafting for example) can be viewed here.

Time to run a server again, I think. That looks fantastic. The only thing missing once he adds horses is the ability to harness water or wind to pump those bellows. Maybe even move the finite water he has to make fountains.

Enzer
Oct 17, 2008

Killer-of-Lawyers posted:

Time to run a server again, I think. That looks fantastic. The only thing missing once he adds horses is the ability to harness water or wind to pump those bellows. Maybe even move the finite water he has to make fountains.

Finite water was actually removed in build 77.3, "Finite water removed. Originally this was going to wait for 0.78.0, however I decided to do this now since I was fixing some bucket related crashes anyways."

I am not entirely sure why, maybe the way they had it implemented was off.

Pottery is still pretty basic, beehive kilns are confirmed by one of the staff, but were dropped from build 77 in order to get it out the door sooner (build 77 took months to get out because of several major rewrites) so it should be in build 78 hopefully with more ceramic stuff (they talked a lot about making ceramics your tier zero storage, since wood requires a saw to produce planks. So you'd make big rear end clay jars to store your poo poo in. Vessels kind of act that way, but you really can't store them on the ground yet).

I do know that rope is being added soon, and I cannot see it just being used for leads, so maybe basic pulleys and what not will be for that. Dunk continues to talk about replacing the redstone system with simple steam mechanics and they've been talking about using lead pipes for transferring liquids (for irrigation mostly, but it would go into the steam idea) for the longest time.

The new way combat works is pretty neat too, I remember Dunk on irc talking about breaking damage up into sub categories, they got a lot more planned with this with the skill system (things get easier the more you do something, death makes you lose proficiency in your skills), and the updated first aid system that was suggested by someone that the Dev's liked should be pretty neat if they go with it.

If you want batshit insane, someone is making a conversion mod for BuildCraft to work with TFC with converted recipes. I don't know why anyone would really want this since the recipes are crazy expensive and it doesn't really get you anywhere. :v:

Would like to see instead someone to get something like bibliocraft converted over to use TFC planks instead.

Edit:

I found Dunk's early WIP for the horse model, goddamn and people were bitching that the vanilla horses were too detailed:

Enzer fucked around with this message at 14:36 on Aug 21, 2013

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Enzer posted:

This is looking great. Not needing to hunt down squid to start making tools is good, not needing an anvil early-game is good, not having to shape ingots (besides to work steel) is good, the water jug (despite requiring one more item in your inventory) is good since it sucks getting thirty far from water. Really, lot of quality of life enhancements in this. Kind of funny that something like TFC can be trying to make the game more pleasant and has devs shoot down a lot of the stupid "make it harder/more realistic" suggestions fans make, while so many other mods embrace that arbitrary hassle.

Enzer
Oct 17, 2008

Roland Jones posted:

This is looking great. Not needing to hunt down squid to start making tools is good, not needing an anvil early-game is good, not having to shape ingots (besides to work steel) is good, the water jug (despite requiring one more item in your inventory) is good since it sucks getting thirty far from water. Really, lot of quality of life enhancements in this. Kind of funny that something like TFC can be trying to make the game more pleasant and has devs shoot down a lot of the stupid "make it harder/more realistic" suggestions fans make, while so many other mods embrace that arbitrary hassle.

Indeed, the dev's have a very good sense of gameplay balance and while things at time seem to get retarded because they add a new tier of progress (planks needing a saw for example, making tier zero development to be clay brick and thatched roofing in the future, but even then you can mold a copper saw blade and stick a stick on it for a handle) which shifts everything over, they never go overboard and have been pretty vocal that the old smithing system was never implemented right, that the anvil didn't feel right, etc.

The amount of posts I see of people literally going "go full gregtech, make it hard" is staggering and good on them for not feeding into that stupidity. TFC is hard through gameplay and survival aspects, not by making a 40 step build path for basic poo poo. I mean, could you imagine GT style tool crafting? They'd have you making screws, threading holes for the screws, constructing a lathe to produce the correct shape handle for the correct tool, nailing each individual plank of wood in place (if you haven't seen planks recently, they are super goddam thin, like 1/8th of a block I think, allows for better wall decoration options and you can make super thin walls to hide your support beams). :psyduck:

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Enzer posted:

Indeed, the dev's have a very good sense of gameplay balance and while things at time seem to get retarded because they add a new tier of progress (planks needing a saw for example, making tier zero development to be clay brick and thatched roofing in the future, but even then you can mold a copper saw blade and stick a stick on it for a handle) which shifts everything over, they never go overboard and have been pretty vocal that the old smithing system was never implemented right, that the anvil didn't feel right, etc.

The amount of posts I see of people literally going "go full gregtech, make it hard" is staggering and good on them for not feeding into that stupidity. TFC is hard through gameplay and survival aspects, not by making a 40 step build path for basic poo poo. I mean, could you imagine GT style tool crafting? They'd have you making screws, threading holes for the screws, constructing a lathe to produce the correct shape handle for the correct tool, nailing each individual plank of wood in place (if you haven't seen planks recently, they are super goddam thin, like 1/8th of a block I think, allows for better wall decoration options and you can make super thin walls to hide your support beams). :psyduck:

Screws and nails were an actual suggestion I saw on the forums for making/using planks. Dunk or another guy outright said no, that's stupid. That's the moment I think of whenever this stuff comes up in the context of TFC.

Also yeah, the axe-planks development kind of sucks, but I do like thatch, because more roofing/aesthetic options are fun. Also depending on how things work/how common copper is now you can get that copper saw much earlier; the only thing I am worried about there (which I think the devs might address if pointed out) is that building out of wood logs sucks because you have full tree-chopping times for each individual block afterward. Or at least it was like that last time I played TFC. You wanted to build out of planks not for aesthetic reasons, but because it would suck to change your house later if you used logs.

Nastyman
Jul 11, 2007

There they sit
at the foot of the mountain
Taking hits
of the sacred smoke
Fire rips at their lungs
Holy mountain take us away

Enzer posted:

Am I right in that this is basically Microblocks but more than one block piece can occupy the same "standard block" space? Cause we've been tooling around with MCB but it kind of annoyed me how I apparently couldn't put several block fragments right next to eachother in the same 1x1 block space, and this might be just the thing.

e: Nevermind, I guess TFC is that realistic minecraft thing. Still, is it possible at all to do what I'm asking?

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

My many CoX, always poised, always ready, always willing to thrust.

Nastyman posted:

Am I right in that this is basically Microblocks but more than one block piece can occupy the same "standard block" space? Cause we've been tooling around with MCB but it kind of annoyed me how I apparently couldn't put several block fragments right next to eachother in the same 1x1 block space, and this might be just the thing.

e: Nevermind, I guess TFC is that realistic minecraft thing. Still, is it possible at all to do what I'm asking?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u9yUr4jmU6s

There's this.

Nastyman
Jul 11, 2007

There they sit
at the foot of the mountain
Taking hits
of the sacred smoke
Fire rips at their lungs
Holy mountain take us away

This is perfect, thanks!

Enzer
Oct 17, 2008

Nastyman posted:

Forge Multi Part, as pointed out, is a good equivalent, but TFC takes things to an insane degree that I haven't seen before and I so wish someone would just full copy the TFC chisel as a standalone mod. I'll quote the wiki here.

TFC Wiki posted:

Smoothing Mode
With this mode selected, the player can polish raw stone. Unlike raw stone, which must be mined in a special manner, this polished stone may be mined directly. This polished stone may be further worked with a chisel to make slabs or stairs.

Slab Mode
This mode 'shaves' the targeted face of a block. Each face may be shaved a maximum of eight times, with each use of the chisel removing another eighth of the original block. Any face of the block may be shaved at any time, meaning it is possible to create blocks of almost any size and position. Slabs created in this way do not drop when mined, and must be created on the spot. Slabs do not connect to fences or glass panes, and grass will grow under slabs of any size.

Stair Mode
This mode turns the targeted block into a stair block. Creating upside-down stairs is done by targeting the bottom face of a block. Stairs created in this way do not drop when mined, and must be created on the spot.

Detail Mode
As of Beta Build 70, a new Detail mode has been added. This mode allows for a block to be converted into an 8x8x8 block consisting of 512 sub-blocks that can be chiseled away individually to have highly detailed work. Pressing the key 'L' (by default) locks your chisel to the last block that you used the detail mode on, making it easier to detail one block at a time. Pressing 'L' again will unlock the chisel and allow it to detail other blocks.

It is stupid levels of detail:

So basically you can shave up to eight layers from each side of a block, or break any block into a 512 part multi-cube and poke out individual units. Detailed mode is made a bit painless in that once you sculpt something, you can copy it to a blue print and then apply that as a one time use item onto a block do duplicate whatever you made originally. This allows for some neat server ideas if you want to build some kind of township economy thing going on.

Since everything in TFC is so in-depth and that it is hard to do everything yourself, it is very easy to start up an economy where you have people who smelt metals, others forging, some growing crops or tending animals, hunters, miners, fuel production (finding a coal vein can take a long rear end time, requires a lot of resources in the form of picks and proper mineshaft supports and charcoal pits are a lengthy process) and finally those who sell custom "furniture" or architecture in the form of blueprints (here is a lamp, here is a pillar, etc etc).

Could be totally doable, just would need a stable population of maybe 15 players or more.

Enzer fucked around with this message at 17:33 on Aug 21, 2013

GhostSeven
Apr 23, 2005

Yesterday Was A Million Years Ago
Yup ForgeMultiPart is amazing :) Just started playing with it, it is in the latest Toast now if people want to play around with it. :)

mechanicalFactory
Dec 24, 2011

I could calculate your chances of survival... but you won't like it.
Is there some sort of way to get the Modular Sockets from Engineer's Toolbox to work? I attached an Energy input, Furnace, Item Input, and Item Output modules to a single socket, yet it doesn't seem to work.

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖
After watching some more Sky Den LPs, with people now getting towards the endgame, I wonder what the gently caress we were thinking when we decided it would be a good idea to throw Thaumcraft in there as a necessity. Especially near the end. It's a goddamn brick wall even if you have experience with it, and if you don't it's a brick wall you can't figure out. It totally destroys the pace of the map, maybe even moreso than the infamous cactus and sugarcane.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Vib Rib posted:

After watching some more Sky Den LPs, with people now getting towards the endgame, I wonder what the gently caress we were thinking when we decided it would be a good idea to throw Thaumcraft in there as a necessity. Especially near the end. It's a goddamn brick wall even if you have experience with it, and if you don't it's a brick wall you can't figure out. It totally destroys the pace of the map, maybe even moreso than the infamous cactus and sugarcane.

If you put Thaumcraft/Thaumic Tinkerer in Seaden you should turn research up to 100% and itemloss to 0% (or just give out a cheat thauminomicon). There is no need to put people through that time/item sink; but a lot of cool items come with Thaumcraft.

egg tats
Apr 3, 2010

Rutibex posted:

If you put Thaumcraft/Thaumic Tinkerer in Seaden you should turn research up to 100% and itemloss to 0% (or just give out a cheat thauminomicon). There is no need to put people through that time/item sink; but a lot of cool items come with Thaumcraft.

That's what I did when I got there, because otherwise it's just like throwing resources out the window.

A better idea might be to give an empty Thaumonomicon early on, disable research entirely, and give pages as rewards. Research is terrible in tc, no matter where you put the levels.

Serifina
Oct 30, 2011

So... dizzy...
I didn't record my SkyDen playthrough, and maybe it's because I have a ton of experience with Thaumcraft, but I had more trouble with cactus and sugar cane than I did with TC. It's not like you have to get through much of the TC research to do the quests involving it. Once I had the cactus/sugar cane actually running, I had no real slowdowns between there and the end of the map, except for when I decided to waste some time just playing around with RP2 stuff because I could.

Dohaeris
Mar 24, 2012

Often known as SniperGuy
I'm having that issue where using a mouse button 4 or 5 causes the menu to open in minecraft. Playing on an FTB Unleashed server. How the hell do I fix this most annoying of problems?

http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/1303746-side-mouse-button-problemssupport/ doesn't fix it.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

Dohaeris posted:

I'm having that issue where using a mouse button 4 or 5 causes the menu to open in minecraft. Playing on an FTB Unleashed server. How the hell do I fix this most annoying of problems?

http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/1303746-side-mouse-button-problemssupport/ doesn't fix it.

Weird -- I was having this exact same problem, and that link fixed it for me. :shrug:

Then, of course, it made minecraft sound really strange and glitchy, so I had to turn all sound off :v: Such is the price for binding push to talk to the mouse I guess.

SugarAddict
Oct 11, 2012
hey Shukaro!
I haven't played toast for a long time, and I haven't had a jump scare for a long time, but I honestly didn't expect an endermen to pop out of an ender ore and rape me.

If you were aiming for someone to jump out of their seat, Mission accomplished.

OmniBeer
Jun 5, 2011

This is no time to
remain stagnant!

SugarAddict posted:

hey Shukaro!
I haven't played toast for a long time, and I haven't had a jump scare for a long time, but I honestly didn't expect an endermen to pop out of an ender ore and rape me.

I just picked up Toast for the first time in a long time a few days ago, and while I didn't get killed, I did jump out of my skin when I first cracked an Ender Ore.

..although it was a bit funnier, because mine was in a wall, so what actually happened was an Enderman spawned inside the wall, and then spent the next 10-20 seconds suffocating and dying.

Still a great design choice. I laughed once I realized what was going on.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Someone over at the Yogscast forums has ported the best part of EE2 to version 1.5.2, the Energy Condenser! I've played around with it a bit and it seems to work exactly like the EE2 version (with some support mod items too!). With this almost every feature of old EE2 now has a replacement or at the very least adequate substitute. Check it out:

http://forums.yogscast.com/showthread.php?123536-1-5-1-1-5-2-Condenser-Replacement
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/69777966/conormod.zip

Syenite
Jun 21, 2011
Grimey Drawer

SugarAddict posted:

hey Shukaro!

OmniBeer posted:

I just picked up Toast for the first time in a long time a few days ago, and while I didn't get killed, I did jump out of my skin when I first cracked an Ender Ore.

..although it was a bit funnier, because mine was in a wall, so what actually happened was an Enderman spawned inside the wall, and then spent the next 10-20 seconds suffocating and dying.

Still a great design choice. I laughed once I realized what was going on.

Hehe, my thought process basically was "Hmm this seems kind of boring... I know how to fix this, endermen." (it's going to get even funnier soon :getin:)

Pidmon
Mar 18, 2009

NO ONE risks painful injury on your GREEN SLIME GHOST POGO RIDE.

No one but YOU.
Hey Vib Rib, is there a source for regular coal in Skyden that isn't 'wait for Wither skeletons to spawn' or 'loot mystcraft worlds'?

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖

Pidmon posted:

Hey Vib Rib, is there a source for regular coal in Skyden that isn't 'wait for Wither skeletons to spawn' or 'loot mystcraft worlds'?
There's no other reliable source, but while that was an oversight we didn't give it much thought because we couldn't think of anything you'd need coal for where charcoal wouldn't do the trick.

SugarAddict
Oct 11, 2012

Shukaro posted:

Hehe, my thought process basically was "Hmm this seems kind of boring... I know how to fix this, endermen." (it's going to get even funnier soon :getin:)

Either you are gonna have a way to spawn the dragon in the overworld, or you are going to have a way to teleport the player to the end before he knows whats going on.

OmniBeer
Jun 5, 2011

This is no time to
remain stagnant!

SugarAddict posted:

Either you are gonna have a way to spawn the dragon in the overworld, or you are going to have a way to teleport the player to the end before he knows whats going on.

Oh, god, that'd be hideous. "Dum de dum, mining, mining, oh, yay, I would sure like some Ender Pe- OH GOD EVERYTHING IS KILLING ME."

Alternatively, I could see using those rifts that Dimensional Doors forms that spawn Enderman. Crack open an ore, form a rift, boom, giant spreading death spawner.

The Cheshire Cat
Jun 10, 2008

Fun Shoe

SugarAddict posted:

I'd start to worry if ender ore suddenly includes an update "support for mutant creatures mod added"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

The Cheshire Cat posted:

I'd start to worry if ender ore suddenly includes an update "support for mutant creatures mod added"

I've had Infernal Mobs Enderman bosses spawn from the ore; that made me seriously afraid of it. I died twice for that piece of ore :argh:

• Locked thread