Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Deleter
May 22, 2010

Argali posted:

Hey, I'm gonna start playing this pretty soon and was wondering what everyone recommends as the most enjoyable class to pick for a first go-round. I'll probably play this as I did the first Borderlands and do as much as possible in the first playthrough, so there's that.

It's mostly a matter of opinion. Some classes are a little less newcomer friendly than others (Zer0 and Krieg in particular), but most of them will do just fine in early playthroughs. Try them all out and see what you like - I had most of my fun as Krieg, chopping things apart and screaming, but others will swear by their own pet class.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Argali
Jun 24, 2004

I will be there to receive the new mind
Well, I usually like playing sniper classes.

Skater h8er
May 11, 2013
Gaige is pretty new person friendly her action skill is pretty strong in the first playthrough

Vile
Aug 28, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
Gunzerker because he gets 2 guns. What could be better than 2 guns? 3?

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Vile posted:

Gunzerker because he gets 2 guns. What could be better than 2 guns? 3?

2 turrets!

There really isn't a "bad" class, none of them have particularly strong weapon affinities and you can respec at any time.

ShadowedFlames
Dec 26, 2009

Shoot this guy in the face.

Fallen Rib
Presenting the sequel to "Vault Hunter Gets Runner Stuck in Eridium Pipeline": "How the gently caress Does a Bandit Technical Fit in Here?!"

Rama of Ra
Sep 7, 2005
~Where's Sitka? Right about the middle of your thumb.~
I don't know if this is bad form or not, but there are at least 2 codes a day on the Facebook Borderlands 2 shift code page.

https://www.facebook.com/Borderlands2ShiftCodes

I grabbed most the DLC4 heads the last couple days.

Also: am level 33, just about to start TVHM. On PS3, GN is Prince_Jellyfish.

Would love to play with a goon. I work as a cook in Hawaii so most of my free gaming hours are like 12-3 am my time or so.

greazeball
Feb 4, 2003

Rama of Ra posted:

I don't know if this is bad form or not, but there are at least 2 codes a day on the Facebook Borderlands 2 shift code page.

https://www.facebook.com/Borderlands2ShiftCodes

I grabbed most the DLC4 heads the last couple days.

Also: am level 33, just about to start TVHM. On PS3, GN is Prince_Jellyfish.

Would love to play with a goon. I work as a cook in Hawaii so most of my free gaming hours are like 12-3 am my time or so.

found this on that page, Android BL2 shift codes app: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.xibergy.bl2

The Duke
May 19, 2004

The Angel from my Nightmare

Got on BL2 today to redeem my Salvadore head code and somehow I got hit with the Badass Rank reset? I'm missing over 30k rank points and most of my loving heads are gone. Thought they patched this? What am I supposed to do because if I can't fix this I'm probably done playing for a long time. This sucks because I was really looking forward to the next DLC :smith:

RedQueen
Apr 21, 2007

It takes all the running you can do just to stay in the same place.
I reached level 50 with my Gunzerker on PC and I feel totally stuck. I can't do the first Bullymogs in UVHM, and I was relying on matchmaking to get level 47-50 with people constantly reviving each other. I'm feel like I have some pretty decent level 50 guns, but maybe I just need to farm TVHM more until I can at least solo it comfortably?

Kifisonfire
Jan 15, 2008

The Duke posted:

Got on BL2 today to redeem my Salvadore head code and somehow I got hit with the Badass Rank reset? I'm missing over 30k rank points and most of my loving heads are gone. Thought they patched this? What am I supposed to do because if I can't fix this I'm probably done playing for a long time. This sucks because I was really looking forward to the next DLC :smith:
Do you have more than one character? If so try logging in on all of them, it might fix it.

The Duke
May 19, 2004

Loaded most of my characters to check and it's the same on all of them :( I copied the save files of the ones I didn't check over to my usb drive in case anything can be done since I would assume nothing would have changed on those until I loaded them (not really sure if that's how it works but I figured it couldn't hurt).

Can I complain on twitter or something until they manually fix it or something?

Father Wendigo
Sep 28, 2005
This is, sadly, more important to me than bettering myself.

My new drive finally came in, and it looks like everything transferred alright. I'm hoping to be on later tonight or tomorrow; is anybody else doing anything around those times?

The Duke
May 19, 2004

Ok loading all of my characters restored my badass rank but I still had to redeem each token (around 300). I think some of the new percentages I got are lower than what I had and for some reason I couldn't go over 12.8% on anything except Max Health which got up to 24%. Basically all of my unlocked heads and skins are missing, including all the DLC ones and the special holiday ones :smith: It's going to take a loving long time to gib all this stuff back to me but for now I guess I'm not quite as irritated.

DecentHairJelly
Jul 24, 2007

I don't want Fop goddamnit
Are there themed character skins for Dragon's Keep in addition to the heads, or do we only get heads? The heads are cool on their own, but they don't really match the character's outfits, regardless of the color scheme. Or maybe I'm just wierd.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Each head has its own Dragon's Keep skin to go with it. I don't think there's any way to get them in the console version yet. They're all in the game already except for Krieg's which just gives the broken purple/white box non-texture when you equip it.

Honestly I think they should keep his that way. :allears:

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

CJacobs posted:

Each head has its own Dragon's Keep skin to go with it. I don't think there's any way to get them in the console version yet. They're all in the game already except for Krieg's which just gives the broken purple/white box non-texture when you equip it.

Honestly I think they should keep his that way. :allears:

I found out that using the Dragon's Keep head in a co op game causes your co op partners' games to crash. :getin:

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Sony announced during their Gamescom event that Borderlands 2 is coming to the PS Vita. No further details.

Edward IV
Jan 15, 2006

haveblue posted:

Sony announced during their Gamescom event that Borderlands 2 is coming to the PS Vita. No further details.

Now if only the PSN/Steamworks crossplay that Sony and Valve touted so much during Portal 2's launch gets utilized here. In fact, has any other game since Portal 2 used that feature?

I think Borderlands has a slow and loose enough gameplay that there shouldn't be an issue console and PC gamers playing with each other. In addition to not being primarily PvP, accuracy and reaction time aren't quite as important to do well in the game.

At the very least, I would love for it to have cross platform synchronization of my save files so I can maintain my progress between systems. Borderlands on the go would be pretty awesome.

Sad lions
Sep 3, 2008

Edward IV posted:

Now if only the PSN/Steamworks crossplay that Sony and Valve touted so much during Portal 2's launch gets utilized here. In fact, has any other game since Portal 2 used that feature?

I think Borderlands has a slow and loose enough gameplay that there shouldn't be an issue console and PC gamers playing with each other. In addition to not being primarily PvP, accuracy and reaction time aren't quite as important to do well in the game.

At the very least, I would love for it to have cross platform synchronization of my save files so I can maintain my progress between systems. Borderlands on the go would be pretty awesome.

Personally if they cross-buy the dlc and make my save and trophy data synch I might consider getting a vita for it.

Stri-Daddy
Feb 15, 2003
I would really like a level 30 non-elemental Infinity Pistol for trying out a leveling up glitch. If anyone would be willing to dupe one for me that would be great! PSN name is STRILDO.

Tainted Ham
Apr 19, 2009
So I've been pretty much avoiding any kind of grinding for rare loot, but now I'm level 54 and all that's left for me to do are Raid Bosses and Ultimate Vault Hunter mode, so I'm guessing it's time to farm some fancy gear.

Is there a check list of poo poo That I Should Have By Now? A quick google search pulled up some results but nothing seemed to take into account the recent DLC so I'm wondering how up to date it all is.

Right now my wife and I are trying to track down Vermivorous in hopes of finding some class mods, but didn't have any luck during our two hour farm session.

Dux Supremus
Feb 2, 2009
The SWORDSPLOSION!!! (esp. Casual) is really good and comparatively pretty easy to get. If you can pick up some Seraph Crystals I'd also recommend a Florentine. After that it gets into Legendary/Seraph/Pearlescent farming, more or less.

Greenplastic
Oct 24, 2005

Miao, miao!

Zebrasectomy posted:

So I've been pretty much avoiding any kind of grinding for rare loot, but now I'm level 54 and all that's left for me to do are Raid Bosses and Ultimate Vault Hunter mode, so I'm guessing it's time to farm some fancy gear.

Is there a check list of poo poo That I Should Have By Now? A quick google search pulled up some results but nothing seemed to take into account the recent DLC so I'm wondering how up to date it all is.

Right now my wife and I are trying to track down Vermivorous in hopes of finding some class mods, but didn't have any luck during our two hour farm session.

I think Pyrocaustic Pete also drops the class mods, and he's MUCH easier to farm.

BattleTech
Jun 6, 2010

Is this easy mode?
Fun Shoe
Yo, Digistuct Peak drops next week on Sept 3! Overlevel mode has dudes you fight in the level 80s. They drop level 80 gear that you can use once you get to 72.

Kifisonfire
Jan 15, 2008

And Pete will still be a complete joke of a raid boss.

BrokenKnees
Aug 28, 2008

Ow.

Neo Helbeast posted:

Yo, Digistuct Peak drops next week on Sept 3! Overlevel mode has dudes you fight in the level 80s. They drop level 80 gear that you can use once you get to 72.

Haven't bothered to level any characters past 50 yet, definitely going to mod a save now.

ShadowedFlames
Dec 26, 2009

Shoot this guy in the face.

Fallen Rib

Neo Helbeast posted:

poo poo, they would force me to pick between it and Diablo III....

Seneschal
Nov 24, 2008

Neo Helbeast posted:

We'll goddamn I know what I'm doing to unwind after the first week of school.

BattleTech
Jun 6, 2010

Is this easy mode?
Fun Shoe
Next patch is kind of a gently caress you to the hardcore group: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UkTyYOaFrn8

Kifisonfire
Jan 15, 2008

"(Captain Scarlett DLC) Addressed an issue allowing the treasure room to be re-entered multiple times after defeating the Leviathan."

Hahaha that's loving hilarious.

"Increased Voracidous's shield to intended levels in Ultimate Vault Hunter Mode."

That however is not. Vora is probably the hardest raid boss in the game already, he doesn't need a shield boost.

At least they fixed the Warrior landing on loot.

Pyromancer
Apr 29, 2011

This man must look upon the fire, smell of it, warm his hands by it, stare into its heart

Kifisonfire posted:

"Increased Voracidous's shield to intended levels in Ultimate Vault Hunter Mode."

That however is not. Vora is probably the hardest raid boss in the game already, he doesn't need a shield boost.

code:
                    	UVHM			TVHM
 Terramorphous  	1,511,794,816		88,938,896
 Vermivorous  		289,730,688		27,063,004
 Hyperius  		419,271,136		63,087,324
 Hyperius Minion  	59,754,316		6,001,023
 Master Gee  		9,259,744,256		1,089,501,440
 Master Gee Shield  	462,987,232		54,475,072
 Gee's Sand Worm 	40,705,076		3,824,043
 Pyrocaustic Pete  	899,336,512		133,052,592 
 Pete Shield  		993,469,056		64,317,104
 Voracidous  		595,269,248		70,039,384
 Chief Ngwatu  		2,522,178		607,008
 Vora/Ngwatu Shield  	251,856,688		100,100,144
 Dexiduous  		149,365,325,000		13,531,501,570
If it'll be proportional increase from TVHM expect 850 million shield or so :getin:

Angry Diplomat
Nov 7, 2009

Winner of the TSR Memorial Award for Excellence In Grogging
Am I correctly reading that UVHM Terramorphous has one point five billion shield points? :stare:

And Dexiduous has 150 billion :psyduck: I somehow never fully realized how loving ridiculous the numbers get in this game.

Kifisonfire
Jan 15, 2008

Pyromancer posted:

code:
                    	UVHM			TVHM
If it'll be proportional increase from TVHM expect 850 million shield or so :getin:
Guess I'm never killing Vora again, not like I was before without a Gunzerker anyway.

I've never seen those numbers before actually. Look how worthless Pete is. Look at that loving chump.

Pyromancer
Apr 29, 2011

This man must look upon the fire, smell of it, warm his hands by it, stare into its heart

Kifisonfire posted:

Guess I'm never killing Vora again, not like I was before without a Gunzerker anyway.

I've never seen those numbers before actually. Look how worthless Pete is. Look at that loving chump.
Pete is beefier than Terra, he's just not all that damaging and is probably the easiest of the bunch.

Angry Diplomat posted:

Am I correctly reading that UVHM Terramorphous has one point five billion shield points? :stare:

And Dexiduous has 150 billion :psyduck: I somehow never fully realized how loving ridiculous the numbers get in this game.

Those are health, shields are listed as separate line for things that have them and yes, it's pretty ridiculous numbers. Although Dexi and Gee are killed by gimmicks and you don't have to deplete that health just by shooting them.

Kifisonfire
Jan 15, 2008

Pyromancer posted:

Pete is beefier than Terra, he's just not all that damaging and is probably the easiest of the bunch.
Pete is easier than Terra to me. He can't hit you with anything apart from the novas really.

Oh yeah this just got posted

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RnFDjxtARqk

Greenplastic
Oct 24, 2005

Miao, miao!
Hot drat, they weren't kidding about increased shield drops in chests this weekend - I just found a Deadly Bloom AND a Black Hole in the same pirate chest in Scarlett! The only chest I've opened today...

Seneschal
Nov 24, 2008

Pyromancer posted:

code:
                    	UVHM			TVHM

I've only ever killed Vermiverous and Terramorphous. Anybody want to get a group together to do some of the others?

Relin
Oct 6, 2002

You have been a most worthy adversary, but in every game, there are winners and there are losers. And as you know, in this game, losers get robotizicized!

Kifisonfire posted:

"(Captain Scarlett DLC) Addressed an issue allowing the treasure room to be re-entered multiple times after defeating the Leviathan."
Hahaha that's loving hilarious.

Doesn't really matter since you can still just mod in normal equipment as much as you like.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Father Wendigo
Sep 28, 2005
This is, sadly, more important to me than bettering myself.

Seneschal posted:

I've only ever killed Vermiverous and Terramorphous. Anybody want to get a group together to do some of the others?

What day and time? I'd be conditionally down depending on the time.

• Locked thread