Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Redjakk
Apr 24, 2007

cormano sigue siendo mi hermano
Fun Shoe
I pre-ordered this game last week from Green Man because I've usually had good service. Not this time though.

Instead of a key for SRIV in My Games section all I have is this message:

I have a ticket open with support and it keeps getting closed by a different support person every 6-8 hours with a messages that alternate between "You can find your key in the My Account section" and "The key should now by added to your account." Still don't have the key.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stick Figure Mafia
Dec 11, 2004

nerdbot posted:

The romance scenes are all horrifying. Cid :stare:

Also, the ASCII mode loving rules.

I love the conversation leading up to the romance.
"Would you like me to ravage you?"
"... maybe?"

some dillweed
Mar 31, 2007

Bugs encountered so far:
-Clipping into walls (kind of expected, I guess)
-DJ transitions sometimes being played on the wrong stations (The Mix on KRhyme, GenX on The Mix, Zinyak on KRhyme :pwn:, etc.)
-Game not allowing the "mission complete" screen to move on after tallying the Respect points (didn't outright freeze, just wouldn't respond at all or move on from that screen)

That last one got me again right after the first Mind Over Murder, so I decided to finally take a break. I'd just been screwing around with side missions and challenges and crap until about an hour ago. This game.

Overbite
Jan 24, 2004

I'm a vtuber expert
When does the game stop trying to pass off side activities as main missions? This is getting boring.

Zaa Boogie
Sep 13, 2007

"Suckle on this receptacle!"

Redjakk posted:

I pre-ordered this game last week from Green Man because I've usually had good service. Not this time though.

Instead of a key for SRIV in My Games section all I have is this message:

I have a ticket open with support and it keeps getting closed by a different support person every 6-8 hours with a messages that alternate between "You can find your key in the My Account section" and "The key should now by added to your account." Still don't have the key.

Check the e-mail you have registered with your account. Mine says the same thing but they e-mailed it to me the day before.

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

Overbite posted:

When does the game stop trying to pass off side activities as main missions? This is getting boring.

When the Boss decides to rescue Matt Miller.

Dr. Chainsaws PhD
May 21, 2011

Question related to The Real World: If I decide to co-op with a person that has a computer not affected by the FPS bug, can I hitch a ride with them to complete the mission?

I really want to get past this poo poo. I'm so tired of Haddaway. And I want my Merica Gun drat it. :smith:

DMW45
Oct 29, 2011

Come into my parlor~
Said the spider to the fly~

Dr. Chainsaws PhD posted:

Question related to The Real World: If I decide to co-op with a person that has a computer not affected by the FPS bug, can I hitch a ride with them to complete the mission?

I really want to get past this poo poo. I'm so tired of Haddaway. And I want my Merica Gun drat it. :smith:

If you reduced all your settings to the lowest amount and are still getting the bug, try lowering your resolution, too. I wound up having to go to 800x600 to get by there.

ghostwritingduck
Aug 26, 2004

"I hope you like waking up at 6 a.m. and having your favorite things destroyed. P.S. Forgive me because I'm cuter than that $50 wire I just ate."

OSheaman posted:

Once again I find Insurance Fraud to be basically impossible to beat. I'm so sick of this loving minigame . . . every time I play I rush to the "bonus zones" and attempt to ragdoll myself in front of oncoming cars, hoping to get hit into the air and then hit another car for bonus multipliers, but a) there are never any cars near me when I get up in the air, b) I can never get the pattern of green lights right so I'm basically always next to a bunch of stopped cars, c) I can't control my guy well enough to hit multiple cars in a row, d) this really gets old fast. What am I missing? I'm supposed to get $600,000 and I can barely get $200,000 before the clock runs out.

The game doesn't end when the timer hits zero until you stop moving. I pretty much bounced around the entire map and finally let myself stop when I hit 2 million.

Dr. Chainsaws PhD
May 21, 2011

BenRGamer posted:

If you reduced all your settings to the lowest amount and are still getting the bug, try lowering your resolution, too. I wound up having to go to 800x600 to get by there.

I'm already at 640x480.

...I'm screwed until I upgrade my computer, aren't I?

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Played the game for the last two hours until Steam lost connection, it's pretty great! The character import seems to have stripped my characters of some clothes though. It looks like it's because their full outfits? And how do you get the America preorder bonus? I want my 'Murica gun!

Gazaar
Mar 23, 2005

.txt
There's literally no reason to use anything but the dubstep gun. I really seriously do not care about ANY other guns.

Redjakk
Apr 24, 2007

cormano sigue siendo mi hermano
Fun Shoe

Zaa Boogie posted:

Check the e-mail you have registered with your account. Mine says the same thing but they e-mailed it to me the day before.

Ahh. For some reason the activation email with the keys went to spam and the one with the activation instructions didn't. Thanks.

Thievery
Jul 15, 2008

What happens in 3rd Street stays in 3rd Street.

As a Euro, this isn't out til Friday on Steam or GMG. Any sites that I can buy it from already even if I don't live in America?

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

You are being watched. :allears:

Gazaar posted:

There's literally no reason to use anything but the dubstep gun. I really seriously do not care about ANY other guns.

I am almost literally kicking myself for not pre-ordering this. No dubstep gun for me. :downsgun:

I really hope they release a DLC pack with all the pre-order goodies. Games that try to hold them all back as one-time elitist things are full of poo poo. As much as I like pre-order bonuses 99% of the time it's loving stupid to lay money down until the game is out and non-reviewer opinions start coming out.

And then you get crazy poo poo like Star Trek Online or The Old Republic where there's a dozen different pre-order bonuses depending on where you bought it from. :fuckoff:

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

WarLocke posted:

I am almost literally kicking myself for not pre-ordering this. No dubstep gun for me. :downsgun:

Huh? The Dubstep Gun isn't pre-order content, it's in the main game!

Edit: Aaaaand now I dive into SRIV for the first time. :getin:

Brightman
Feb 24, 2005

I've seen fun you people wouldn't believe.
Tiki torches on fire off the summit of Kilauea.
I watched disco balls glitter in the dark near the Brandenburg Gate.
All those moments will be lost in time, like crowds in rain.

Time to sleep.
Just found out that UPS delivered the game to my apartment office a little while ago 4 minutes before they closed. Terrific :smith:

Edit: :unsmith: Went by to break in and take it see if anyone was working late and luckily someone was being shown an apartment last minute and they were just pulling up in the golf cart :D

Brightman fucked around with this message at 00:27 on Aug 21, 2013

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

VisAbsoluta posted:

Huh? The Dubstep Gun isn't pre-order content, it's in the main game!

Hail to the chief, baby! :rock:

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

WarLocke posted:

Hail to the chief, baby! :rock:

You are just missing out on the MERICA gun which, while a very fun toy, probably will never make it into my standard rollout.

TheSpiritFox
Jan 4, 2009

I'm just a memory, I can't give you any new information.

I know most of you watched this stuff earlier but still "Hey Kinzie, wanna gently caress?" :magical:

Rookersh
Aug 19, 2010
Wait, am I misremembering, or did the Forgive and Forget guys in 1/2 mention Zinyak as the bad alien of their crazy fake scientology religion.

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

TheSpiritFox posted:

I know most of you watched this stuff earlier but still "Hey Kinzie, wanna gently caress?" :magical:

That really is my main motivation for pushing through the main story line and not just collecting data clusters for the next 8 hours. When I saw Matt Miller's I figgured I could die from laughing so much.

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

Rookersh posted:

Wait, am I misremembering, or did the Forgive and Forget guys in 1/2 mention Zinyak as the bad alien of their crazy fake scientology religion.

This would tie into the idea I just had, that the Boss never regained consciousness after the boat blowing up in SR1. Saints Row 2, 3, and 4 are the fevered coma dreams s/he has while hooked up on life support, which get ever more crazy and over the top as her mind/brain deteriorates.

It would really piss me off if the final twist goes in this direction. :mad:

PringleCreamEgg
Jul 2, 2004

Sleep, rest, do your best.
I had not seen the Kinzie romance option, just the Keith David one. But the Kinzie one made me nearly fall out of my chair laughing. Also the dubstep gun is amazing.

Dominic White
Nov 1, 2005

WarLocke posted:

It would really piss me off if the final twist goes in this direction. :mad:

Don't worry. The ending is one of the best I've ever seen in a game. Even had me laughing all the way through the credits.

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008

Gazaar posted:

This. Fun and functional.

Lyer
Feb 4, 2008

Oh man if you guys are starting to talk about the ending, it's time for me to take another break from this thread until I've finished the game. :(

Then again I'll be taking a break from the thread because I'll be busy finishing the game. :v:

Emo Szyslak
Feb 25, 2006

I ordered through Green Man and I have the 'Merica stuff but do I not get the TF2 weapons? :ohdear:

Dominic White
Nov 1, 2005

Lyer posted:

Oh man if you guys are starting to talk about the ending, it's time for me to take another break from this thread until I've finished the game. :(

Don't worry - I had a review copy of the game over a week ago, so I've seen the ending. I won't say anything at all about it other than that it's certainly not a disappointment. Just addressing that fear that some people have that it's going to take a hard swerve into idiocy at the 11th hour.

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

Rookersh needs to come in here and slap big ol' spoiler tags around what he just told me, because goddamn. :neckbeard:

TheSpiritFox
Jan 4, 2009

I'm just a memory, I can't give you any new information.

KirbyKhan posted:

That really is my main motivation for pushing through the main story line and not just collecting data clusters for the next 8 hours. When I saw Matt Miller's I figgured I could die from laughing so much.

I cannot stop collecting data clusters. I'm on the dubstep gun mission, I've maxed every upgrade I can currently buy, and I have 117 clusters and counting :smithicide:

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

I can't find a clown costume. I need a clown costume to complete my character's destiny as the revenge of the ever-abused Space Station 13 cluwne. Clown Johnson will have his day, dammit. IS THERE A CLOWN COSTUME?

Sushi in Yiddish
Feb 2, 2008

Really enjoying the game so far. Even with all of the pre-release LPs of the game, there' something about seeing your own Boss in the game.

The mechanics of jumping, running and getting around the city really add a lot to the game. Steelport before was just a boring industrial city, but now there's a lot more incentive to actually explore. Still missing the unique character to the neighborhoods that you saw in SR2, but it's tremendous fun between missions to just look around for orbs.

The Zinyak blows up the earth in a cutscene was pretty shocking, I was surprised that the stakes would get raised that high that fast but it makes sense.

The weapons are also much more satisfying this time around, and I even have been having a lot of fun finding and customizing the new cars.

Also improved is the story, it seems like they put more time into it this go around than in SRTT.

Rookersh
Aug 19, 2010
Oh my god. I can tell I'm ahead of all of you, because nobody else has even spoilertalked about the Gat's mind level yet.

People are throwing around Citizen Kane of video games. Bullshit. That level is the Sistine loving Chapel of video games. It's pure art.

Lyer
Feb 4, 2008

TheSpiritFox posted:

I cannot stop collecting data clusters. I'm on the dubstep gun mission, I've maxed every upgrade I can currently buy, and I have 117 clusters and counting :smithicide:

Good news, there is literally 10 times more that's left for you to collect!

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 13 days!

VisAbsoluta posted:

Which one? I don't think I've seen it.

Enos Shenk posted:

And holy poo poo I found the greatest car. I swear, I'm not driving anything other than this anymore.

This hot jam right here :drat:

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!
So I know it's like 10AM here in Australia, but I have to be persistent: Any Australians got confirmation they're playing the ROW version yet?

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

Sushi in Yiddish posted:

Also improved is the story, it seems like they put more time into it this go around than in SRTT.

I vaguely remember someone saying way earlier before release that unlike having to come up with a new engine (?) and city like they had to for SRTT, for SR4 they could just take the Steelport and engine they already had and concentrate on just making loving awesome content.

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

I just murdered a horde of Genki mascots with a pink shotgun while Saftey Dance played on the radio. Game of the loving Decade.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thisuck
Apr 29, 2012

Spoilers
Pillbug

Mr. Bad Guy posted:

I haven't done anything else since I unlocked the door.

gently caress data clusters and gently caress my OCD. 1 more hour of work then more SR4 though!

Also are the unique shops marked on the map, ie Let's Pretend?

• Locked thread