Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MistahBread
Feb 23, 2007
Yes Sah!

From Corter Leather. Also got a copper bracelet for my old man for Father's Day.
Difficult not to go a bit nuts on that website, I tells ya.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Needed brown wingtips, wanted something I could wear in sloppy conditions, enter: Florsheim Gaffney

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

spinst posted:

New bedding! I only will have six of the nine pillows shown, though.

So excited.

rockcity posted:

New bedding for the new bed that we'll be buying after we close on our new house. We're actively trying to avoid buying anything for the new house at all, but we were at Macy's during their one day sale the other day and this was on sale quite a bit and I had a coupon that stacked with it so we saved almost 50% on it.

Those pillows could have gone to a third world country! You guys are monsters. I preordered me a Samsung Ativ Book 9.

Duck and Cover has a new favorite as of 04:56 on Aug 20, 2013

I Am Not Spor
Dec 13, 2006
all the better to glomp you with

KidDynamite posted:

Just picked up these sneakers. Nike SB Project BA Premiums.

drat dude. Like drat.

Hugo Boss 406's.

Debut on vinyl

Discovery on vinyl

chrome taco
Apr 14, 2005

I'm no meteorologist, but I'm pretty sure it's rainin' bitches
A Kindle Paperback (buy of the year)

and the book 'A day in the life of a minimalist' on Kindle

what

the kawaiiest
Dec 22, 2010

Uguuuu ~

rockcity
Jan 16, 2004

Duck and Cover posted:

Those pillows could have gone to a third world country! You guys are monsters. I preordered me a Samsung Ativ Book 9.

Actually we only bought two of the textured shams. Everything on there was sold separately so we bought the comforter and shams.

Kidney Stone
Dec 28, 2008

The worst pain ever!
Besides a Macbook Air 11", I also got a bunch of books.

Geektox
Aug 1, 2012

Good people don't rip other people's arms off.

I bought book One when it first came out and decided to wait on Two, now it's sold out in all my local comic shops and bookstores. Amazon it is, I suppose.

Captain Lavender
Oct 21, 2010

verb the adjective noun

chrome taco posted:

A Kindle Paperback (buy of the year)

I feel like my kindle is about the best cost-to-value purchase I've made in the past decade. It goes, literally, everywhere with me. Waiting for the bus? On the treadmill? Have any amount of free time? You're covered.

EDIT: MY latest kindle purchase:

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth

So good. If you pre-order the volumes on Amazon, they're usually significantly cheaper. I got this for 8.05 after pre-ordering it in December.

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

Those are the most ridiculous tire treads I've ever seen.

Cpt.Sean Luc Picard
Nov 24, 2006
man why you even got to do a thing?
I have an artist friend in Austin who specializes in chalk and charcoal.

I got this -

- for $85, 9x12 in. suckaaaas

mr. mephistopheles
Dec 2, 2009

chrome taco posted:

and the book 'A day in the life of a minimalist' on Kindle

what

Is this as pretentious and insufferable as it sounds?

nocal
Mar 7, 2007
Quest bars, because they're available in a single grocery store in my area and they are the only "bar" that is worth a poo poo.

Quest peanut butter cups because wtf these are incredible.

An American Giant sweatshirt. It's won't ship for a month and it's a $90 item that I mainly sweat in, but I realized I wear a hoodie a lot.

Science
Jun 28, 2006
. . .

mr. mephistopheles posted:

Is this as pretentious and insufferable as it sounds?

You know how there's ten-million web sites on how to start your own business / blogging / become an entrepreneur and their first idea is "WRITE AN EBOOK"? Well this is one of those e-books. Not only that, it's a collection of essays and by essays he means his blog posts; and by collection he means re-packaging existing content into a different format and then selling it.

The good news is it's only $1.

MEsean
Aug 29, 2003

Clothes!

mr. mephistopheles
Dec 2, 2009

Science posted:

You know how there's ten-million web sites on how to start your own business / blogging / become an entrepreneur and their first idea is "WRITE AN EBOOK"? Well this is one of those e-books. Not only that, it's a collection of essays and by essays he means his blog posts; and by collection he means re-packaging existing content into a different format and then selling it.

The good news is it's only $1.

So a resounding yes then.

Menstrual Show
Jun 3, 2004

MEsean posted:

a bunch of material things.

May I recommend a collection of essays to help you start living intentionally?

http://www.amazon.com/Life-Minimalist-Joshua-Fields-Millburn/dp/1938793064

For content, Nike Roshe Runs.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

My new phone arrived.

Xperia SP, finally free from Motorola. Also this arrived, good week.

uptown
May 16, 2009
Just ordered with my birthday money from my parents:

Kindle Paperwhite

Case for my Kindle (the To Kill A Mockingbird one)

To replace my old Kindle Keyboard so that my boyfriend can keep it.

SweetSassyMolassy
Oct 31, 2010
Is the kindle white backlit or is it just for better contrast than my old old old kindle?

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.
A membership to a local gym chain:

Thanks to a sweet discount from my new job, I only pay ~$17/month instead of...uhh...I have no idea how much a normal membership is, but probably close to $100.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Western Digital My Passport 1.5TB USB3.0 Portable External Hard Drive

For backup purposes, and to replace the 4 year old Seagate external I have that's on its way out.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

A cheap DVD player, a cheap vacuum, a pair of relatively expensive sunglasses, and a trimmer thing.

as well as

and

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

Plaguing your posts with incidental music.

SweetSassyMolassy posted:

Is the kindle white backlit or is it just for better contrast than my old old old kindle?

The paperwhite isn't, I think, backlit but it's definitely lit. I think the light comes from the side or something. It's wonderful, very easy on the eyes, but you do need to charge it a little more frequently.

Action-Man
Aug 12, 2007

Adventure Time
come on grab your friends

Where did you get this? I kind of want one.

I picked this up. I need to become better at taking pictures.

Coca Koala
Nov 28, 2005

ongoing nowhere
College Slice

It's not backlit; there's an array of LEDs along the bottom (and possibly the top) that shine into the screen to light it. The end result is that you can read the paperwhite in the dark, but without an obnoxious bright light shining from it. So if you're tired and want to go to bed and your girlfriend wants to read her kindle for another two hours, everybody ends up happy. It's really awesome and I'm strongly considering updating my kindle keyboard to a paperwhite just because of how great the paperwhite is.

SweetSassyMolassy
Oct 31, 2010

Action-Man posted:

Where did you get this? I kind of want one.

It's from a 3D printing company. I've not looked at all of what they provide but when I saw Jeb I had to have him.

http://www.shapeways.com/model/1013413/jebediah-kerman-on-iva.html?li=productBox-search%5C

I imagine because of the way he's manufactured and the lack of a post manufacture process (I don't know... dipping him in some acid to make him more smooth) he looks and feels like sandpaper.

That said, much to my wife's horror and my dinner guest's joy, when I took him out of the packaging I flew him about the house whilst making rocket noises.

Coca Koala posted:

It's not backlit; there's an array of LEDs along the bottom (and possibly the top) that shine into the screen to light it. The end result is that you can read the paperwhite in the dark, but without an obnoxious bright light shining from it. So if you're tired and want to go to bed and your girlfriend wants to read her kindle for another two hours, everybody ends up happy. It's really awesome and I'm strongly considering updating my kindle keyboard to a paperwhite just because of how great the paperwhite is.

In the dark you say? Most of my reading is in the dead of the night after the SO is asleep. Having to change rooms to turn on a light is... less than acceptable.

SweetSassyMolassy has a new favorite as of 02:24 on Aug 22, 2013

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

This book is 3 years out of date and will not be useful at all. In fact, right now there are no released books for ios 7, coming out next month.

You're better off watching stanford's free CS193P class on itunes

woot fatigue
Apr 18, 2007

A couple six-packs of this stuff because it's like a citrus angel orgasming in your mouth:

And three pairs of glasses so I can see properly:

Coca Koala
Nov 28, 2005

ongoing nowhere
College Slice

In the dark you say? Most of my reading is in the dead of the night after the SO is asleep. Having to change rooms to turn on a light is... less than acceptable.

The paperwhite is what you want. I can be conked out in bed and my girlfriend can be reading right next to me with no problem in the middle of the night. It's incredible and I highly recommend it.

Pivit
Oct 14, 2012

And the Itsy Bitsy Spider
went up the spout again.

2000 Honda Accord

Bought a lot of goodies for it to get it into better shape. Gotta clean the leather, wash/claybar/wax, clean the wheels, replace a window regulator, etc etc. It is mechanically sound, just a little dirty. Really happy with the purchase so far.

Also got a DSTwo for my 3DS XL.

Evelyn Nesbit
Jul 8, 2012

The first volume of Pendulous Breasts Quarterly ("a non-profit literary magazine for the discerning breasts enthusiast. Contributors include, among others, writers for 'The Daily Show,' 'The Onion' newspaper, 'The Onion News Network' on IFC, '30 Rock,' 'Vanity Fair,' 'The Colbert Report,' and cartoonists whose work has appeared in 'The New Yorker'). I bought it entirely because someone linked me to the Very Tiny Coffin For My Newborn Son Kickstarter and it made me laugh.

Shoes which prompted my mother to ask "what are you, the wicked witch?" upon seeing them.

This pretty lady because it was the first time I'd actually seen her in a store, and also I am a grown-rear end woman who has a Monster High collection. (Also I collect copies of Alice in Wonderland, as you can see. Also I really need to dust that shelf.)

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
And the 2560x1440 ips Korean monitor showed, up no dead pixels...gently caress yeah.

Now to rearrange my desk to fit all 3 monitors.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

Western Digital My Passport 1.5TB USB3.0 Portable External Hard Drive

For backup purposes, and to replace the 4 year old Seagate external I have that's on its way out.

I like these a lot. Just added the third one. 2TB, 2TB, and 1TB

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Mu Zeta posted:

I like these a lot. Just added the third one. 2TB, 2TB, and 1TB

We use them at work for sending large datasets all over the world and they're awesome.

Just bought a Horize (sold as Sager in the US) W650SR laptop. It's pretty great. My old laptop was a four year old, bad-when-it-was-released 10" Gigabyte. Due to working at PAX a month or so ago I could afford to upgrade the RAM, SSD and HDD from stock.

I was also given a Wacom CTH-460 Pen and Touch by a friend at work who had just upgraded. Going to annotate the hell out of some geology photos.

Glottis
May 29, 2002

No. It's necessary.
Yam Slacker

John Cenas Jorts posted:

Log pillow from DealExtreme!

I ordered this about 2 minutes after seeing this post. drat the USPS for loving up the delivery!

Kidney Stone
Dec 28, 2008

The worst pain ever!

Malloreon posted:

This book is 3 years out of date and will not be useful at all. In fact, right now there are no released books for ios 7, coming out next month.

You're better off watching stanford's free CS193P class on itunes

Oh dear, I'll just return it when it arrives.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Light
Dec 16, 2006

woot fatigue posted:

And three pairs of glasses so I can see properly:

I just picked up a pair from Warby Parker earlier this year and absolutely love them. Good design, solid construction, and a cheap price. I was in a weird situation where I needed to have them shipped in a hurry and the customer service folks were stellar with setting that up.

I just bought a big jar of peanut butter because I live in West Africa, have been missing any American food like crazy, jut found a tiny boutique that sells products from the US, and god drat peanut butter is delicious:

• Locked thread