Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lazlow
Nov 30, 2004

This is Bongo! He's about 16 weeks old now.

He fits into small things.

If you can guess what I was doing at the time, you'd understand his reaction...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C-SV4VrmxYw

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer
So we got some foster kittens from All About Animals a week or so ago. Here they are, four males, one female, their first night home with us, July 10.

Tiny! They were all under 1.5 pounds. And because most of them hated the dry food we were given with them, they dropped weight. But the rescue said they'd be dropping weight anyway, as they were surrendered to a kill shelter, and AAA grabbed them. No mom cat came with. So weaned young.

This here is Daryl!

Rick and The Governor in front, T-Dawg in back.

Little girl Michonne.

The Governor says gently caress you, I am leaving Woodbury!

AND now pics from today!

Rick!

The Governor, looking smug and posing.

Blurry Michonne in between bites.

And Michonne saying gently caress you, MY camera strap!

Daryl going for the camera string.

And a bleached T-Dawg posing.

unbuttonedclone
Dec 30, 2008

Amorette

Lucy

speng31b
May 8, 2010

This is Jax, our new puppy. He's some sort of Chow mix, we're not sure exactly what he's mixed with -- probably some other spitz, but it's tough to say. The vet listed him as Collie/Chow Chow in the documents he came with, but I have no idea how official that sort of thing is. Probably just a guess. Either way, he's pretty amazing. Very easy to train, cooperative, and not overly demanding of attention, destructive, or high-energy. He just loves to be around us, roll around, occasionally spaz out on long floppy toys with squeakers.

Here's our youngest picture of Jax, when he was ~2 months.

And here's Jax from about a week ago, a little older than 3 months in these.

speng31b fucked around with this message at 22:45 on Jul 29, 2013

Chinese Tony Danza
Oct 30, 2007

Crappy Cat Connoisseur
I have never felt need to post here before as I haven't had any pets of my own in years. That, however, changed as of the July 4th weekend. In that weekend of change, I brought home the first new additions to our family (outside of barn cats, I guess) in years.

A pair of Nigerian dwarf goats. On the left we have Tenda, the little girl. She's a little shy, but she loves cuddles. Next to her there is her brother, Bela. Bela's more of the rambunctious type, and he gets his kicks by running around their little shed and climbing up on and jumping off of a little set of old concrete stairs I put up as bench in there. They both love each other very much, and always try and stick close together. It took them a while to warm up to me, since they were just taken away from mama for the very first time, but as of right now they come bounding right up to the gate when they see me coming and like to climb up on me when I'm sitting in their pasture. My babies even cry when I go to leave, but lately I've been grabbing a leafy branch and giving it to them before I go so they don't feel so sad.

A bonus picture of my babies on day one!

Effingham
Aug 1, 2006

The bells of the Gion Temple echo the impermanence of all things...
Jax is a sweet looking doggie. Mr. Bobo wants to say hello.

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

Plaguing your posts with incidental music.

Not mine yet but I'm going to go fill in the application at the rescue tomorrow. :3:

All goes well, I'll have them in a week and a half!

hehateme
Jul 29, 2013

Kaneda! What do you see?
My 5-year-old Pembroke Welsh Corgi Gizmo.
I got him as a Christmas gift from a former girlfriend (never a good idea) but I love him and can't imagine not having him around at this point.

He enjoys lounging poolside during the summer.

He started sitting back on his hind legs when he was a puppy. He now uses it to impress visitors and beg for food.

tau
Mar 20, 2003

Sigillum Universitatis Kansiensis
This is Mowgli. This is his chair.

I adopted him today. He's an 18 month-old Aussie Shepherd/Boxer/Bulldog mix.

Math Debater
May 6, 2007

by zen death robot
Rainbow
July 1996-August 3rd 2013
R.I.P.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

Plaguing your posts with incidental music.
She's a beautiful girl. Sorry for your loss. :(

Met my new girls today. Gonna get them in a little over a week. :3:

neurobasalmedium
Sep 12, 2012
Here's Snowball

4 months old this week, adopted her at 2 months

YummyTarts
Sep 2, 2007
Frosted Strawberry Toaster Pastries!

Koda and Maggie enjoying quality time.

Barometer
Sep 23, 2007

You travelled a long way for
"I don't know", sonny.
:whip: :cthulhu: :shivdurf:

neurobasalmedium posted:

Here's Snowball

4 months old this week, adopted her at 2 months

We've been hearing a lot of "chatter" about how Snowball is still out there, causing problems. This is the physical proof we have long awaited! Praise Big Brother!

Poor Isis' eyes look worse than they are.

Mushika
Dec 22, 2010

This is Argus!

Our friends in New Orleans rescued him and my wife and I adopted him. He was just shy of 3 months old at the time, malnourished and needing a lot of help. They got him started with vaccinations, a nourishing diet, and a loving foster home. We adopted him about three weeks ago and have gotten him his second round of shots and vaccinations. In six weeks, he'll have had his third round and will be able to be around other dogs. In the three weeks we've been taking care of him, he's grown from 13 pounds to 22 pounds. I can't stress enough how much we love this little (soon to be quite big) guy!

Don't let that furrowed brow fool you; he's a super sweet and loving dude.

Nikkokicko
May 11, 2006
Shake, Break, Bounce.
This is Sam. Sam is a four week old Eurasier male. In another three to four weeks me and my family will take him home and shower him with love and hugs. It will be amazing.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

This is Wallace, he's supposed to be a purebred Jack Russell. Which I now suspect was a minor total loving lie. He's a pretty great dog despite being kind of a jerk.

His brother, Gromit, is impossible to get in pictures usually. I managed to lean down and get one of him just before they both mobbed me.

cryingscarf
Feb 4, 2007

~*FaBuLoUs*~

EmmyOk posted:

This is Wallace, he's supposed to be a purebred Jack Russell. Which I now suspect was a minor total loving lie. He's a pretty great dog despite being kind of a jerk.

Dexter wants to be friends with Wallace.

Find the terrier thread and post billions of Wallace photos, TIA.

wootsie
Feb 27, 2013

This is Bea. She's the best. I got her two weeks after leaving my cheating husband. I wanted a pet the entire time we were living together, and he didn't, so when I left, I happened to be searching online at local pet listings. A local breeder of frenchies was selling her for the cost of spaying and transferring the ckc papers. Her puppies went for $2000, and she was bred three times. She originally came from Hungary. I got her last year, and she is my best bud.

She lets me put outfits on her. This is her Christmas Dress, with bonus demon eyes. We were on our way to my parents' for Christmas Dinner, which she spend sitting next to my dad who has a tendency of dropping things.

She snores luck a truck driver and hogs the bed. She only weighs 19 lbs, but, to quote Louis C.K., has the density of a dying star at night and I'll be damned if I can easily move her over with a gentle nudge of my foot.

This is the face I get in the morning when the bed is made and she knows I'm heading into work.

This is her impression of half of a popsicle.

Loves her.

Mocha Frost
May 1, 2006
I love how my cattes are so utterly relaxed when they nap. We should all sleep so happily.

skyydude
Sep 26, 2010

My 4-month-old felines, Crono and Marle:

Crono is the gray/white/spotted one. Marle is the white one with the gray tail.

martyrdumb
Nov 24, 2009

pants are overrated
My cat, let me show you it!

I and my boyfriend adopted her from the local SPCA yesterday. Her name was Fluffy. Fluffy is a very stupid name for a cat, so we renamed her Freya. She's 8 years old, 11 pounds, and a polydactyl! Check out those sweet toethumbs.

She is the most lovey lapcat I've ever met. My lap is her favorite place to hang out. We took a nap together while watching MST3K shorts today.

She had been at the shelter a couple weeks when we snapped her up. I'm still not sure why nobody else had adopted her yet. She's the most trusting cat I've ever held. The first time I petted her, she meowed and pawed up my leg. I picked her up and she immediately nuzzled my neck, then did a sideways flip into a cradle hold while purring like mad. I was a goner! :3:

wootsie
Feb 27, 2013
Bea likes to play fetch, but has problems with "drop it".

She also plays a mean ukelele. But it is exhausting. :3:

skyydude
Sep 26, 2010

I present my kittens, Crono and Marle. If you don't get their naming theme, you haven't played Chrono Trigger!

[/URL]

These kittens have been great. I've been training them via positive reinforcement since day 1, and they do not scratch my furniture, and they are extremely chill when it comes to bothering me. Negative reinforcement (ie. pain) does not seem to affect them at all.

Neither of them have been spayed/neutered. Based on apparent personalities, I'm thinking that I'll let Crono keep his balls. If that's not the right way to go, please let me know!

a life less
Jul 12, 2009

We are healthy only to the extent that our ideas are humane.

skyydude posted:

Neither of them have been spayed/neutered. Based on apparent personalities, I'm thinking that I'll let Crono keep his balls. If that's not the right way to go, please let me know!

Intact male cats will mark. Intact male cat urine smells terrible. Definitely DO NOT recommend keeping either cat intact.

mcswizzle
Jul 26, 2009
Left-to-right: Jada (currently 4 month old, pictured about 9 week old GSD/Husky mix, according to rescue), Artemis (7 month Black lab mixed with ???), Rico (7 year Yorki/Shi'tsu mix)

My fiance was holding treats. My dogs are spoiled. Pic from about 6-8 weeks ago.

Artemis and Jada got new beds. Snapped this last week when she was napping. How do they always seem to wake up and open their eyes as soon as I point my camera?

Jada (left) and Artemis playing on the bed together with a bone.

artsy fartsy pic of all three napping after a nice long walk to the lake. I have a giant couch and they take up ALL of it.

Artemis showing off after a trip to the groomer left her with a neckerchief.

Older picture of Artemis from when she was still a bit smaller. She really thought she could handle that stick.

Watching TV!!!

edit: stupid links

edit 2: not pictured - demon cat named Leonidas

mcswizzle fucked around with this message at 19:50 on Aug 22, 2013

cluck1000
May 23, 2011

fo'rilla

wootsie posted:

Bea likes to play fetch, but has problems with "drop it".

Bea and my buddies' boston/pug should be palllllllz

He's the exact same with fetch! You gotta work for it a lil bit before he's ready to give it back.

cluck1000 fucked around with this message at 01:45 on Aug 23, 2013

cluck1000
May 23, 2011

fo'rilla

skyydude posted:

Cute kittens! They look like they have some pointed coloring/siamesey bone structure, are they talkers?

But yeah...They're still babies and puberty is when poo poo hits the fan personality-wise with unaltered critters. Female animals who aren't spayed are also quite a bit more likely to get a variety of cancers--not to mention they are a terrible mortifying yowling mess in heat. And male cats who aren't neutered are maybe the worst thing. Ever. Dealing w/moving into a new apartment building in a neighborhood full of outdoor, unfixed male cats peeing outside on our walls all the time. The worst. Save yourself the pain and frustration and get em both fixed! (And don't even get me started on the accidental litter situations if you ever let them outside, urg!)

And as a long-time Pet Island lurker and first time pet-pic-poster, this is my cat, Puppy:

This guy stays inside, wouldn't ever have it any other way. And thank god we live on the second floor, outdoor cats marking your property can drive indoor cats to do the same.

Though I do try to give him as much outdoor adventure time as I can--it's not nearly as much anymore as when I lived high up in the trees with an enclosed balcony...sigh...the good ol days...

p.s. sorry for the double post!

cluck1000 fucked around with this message at 23:59 on Aug 22, 2013

Barometer
Sep 23, 2007

You travelled a long way for
"I don't know", sonny.
:whip: :cthulhu: :shivdurf:

Isis had to go to the vet a week ago and so here is an amazing picture of her insides!

She was limping really badly, off and on, and it turns out she's got a crappy socket on her right hip.

The good news is she's been on some ointment for her runny eyes and currently they look normal, and not like this anymore! :3:

Cool Cherry Cream
Jun 15, 2013
Django the corn snake

He looks big in that photo. Here he is in his toilet paper tube hide

Little loving bastard gave me a heart attack when he wasn't in his cage. How the hell did you make it to the other side of the string lights?

Prism Mirror Lens
Oct 9, 2012

~*"The most intelligent and meaning-rich film he could think of was Shaun of the Dead, I don't think either brain is going to absorb anything you post."*~

:chord:

My parents' new tri rough collie pup just after his first ever walk! He met a very big dog and got a bit frightened :3:

We still can't decide on a name though. Nothing seems to suit him. I keep calling the poor thing Crab Eyes because someone said he has tiny eyes, sorry dog!

wootsie
Feb 27, 2013

cluck1000 posted:

He's the exact same with fetch! You gotta work for it a lil bit before he's ready to give it back.

Hahaha, look at all the derp! :neckbeard: They have the same brindle colouring.

"I just dragged you out of bed at 6am to poop outdoors! Why are we back in bed??!?!"

skyydude
Sep 26, 2010

a life less posted:

Intact male cats will mark. Intact male cat urine smells terrible. Definitely DO NOT recommend keeping either cat intact.

Would he benefit from getting through puberty before getting neutered?

All about testosterone and what-not...

Captain Foxy
Jun 13, 2007

I love Hitler and Hitler loves me! He's not all bad, Hitler just needs someone to believe in him! Can't you just give Hitler a chance?

Quality Pugamutes now available, APR/APRI/NKC approved breeder. PM for details.

skyydude posted:

Would he benefit from getting through puberty before getting neutered?

All about testosterone and what-not...

No but your house would benefit surely from all the errant cat piss sprayed on the corners of virtually everything you own. Not to mention all the yowling and fighting. Joy of joys, sounds like a treat.

mcswizzle
Jul 26, 2009

Cool Cherry Cream posted:

Django the corn snake

He looks big in that photo. Here he is in his toilet paper tube hide

Little loving bastard gave me a heart attack when he wasn't in his cage. How the hell did you make it to the other side of the string lights?

Do you get to do anything fun with a pet snake, besides terrifying friends and family? I had a friend in gradeschool that kept (and eventually bred) snakes, but all he really did that I remember is feed them and watch them. Do you let them out of the terrarium? Carry them around with you? I'll never be allowed to get one myself, but I'm curious.

The cone of shame after Artemis got spayed...We normally keep them in the larger crate together (they have plenty of room), but we had to separate them since Artemis needed to stay as calm as possible to not aggravate her stitches. Also, we got dual lasers installed during the procedure.

Raikiri
Nov 3, 2008
Mt brother just got a puppy:

His name was Toby but we're thinking Ziggy, due to the eyes.

cryingscarf
Feb 4, 2007

~*FaBuLoUs*~

mcswizzle posted:

Do you get to do anything fun with a pet snake, besides terrifying friends and family? I had a friend in gradeschool that kept (and eventually bred) snakes, but all he really did that I remember is feed them and watch them. Do you let them out of the terrarium? Carry them around with you? I'll never be allowed to get one myself, but I'm curious.

I think it depends what kind of reptile owner you are. Some people have them to breed and play with genetics and see what morphs they can get. Some people have them just as a pet to watch and handle. Some people can be a mix of those. Mine is just a pet. I try to take mine out once every week or two and it is cool to watch him explore the world. I also think part of the fun is to watch them grow/change their colors over time.

Then it can be fun to watch them in the tank. I gave Zelos a bunch of things to climb on/hide in/whatever. One of those things was a toy zebra (he also has a dinosaur and hippo) but for some reason he HATES his zebra and will knock it over constantly. One day I walked into my room and saw...

Then later on that day:

Rickycat
Nov 26, 2007

by Lowtax
So my friend gave me 2 of her cats and I thought what better way to break their will than to put an inflatable unicorn horn on them.

wootsie
Feb 27, 2013
That cat hates you so much right now. Hahaha. :3:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ApathyGirl
Aug 24, 2013
Hi everyone! I'm new to SA, having been convinced to finally join by all the nice folks in the Chickam UStream chat room! (Where i'm known as Ginger, Get the Popcorn!)

This is Bo, our Congo African Grey. She's ~18-20 years old, and wears a Collar of Shame to keep her from plucking herself completely bald. She's hella smart, funny and like other intelligent birds, often a pain in the rear end.

Here she has stolen my pen and is daring me to come try and take it back. This is a lose-lose game.

Untitled by Bo & Maxie, on Flickr

This is Luna, my newly adopted beardie. She's 18mos old, and very sweet.

IMAG1056 by Bo & Maxie, on Flickr

I'm going to go try and read through all the many pages of the PI threads, and when I'm all caught up maybe then I'll stop lurking.

• Locked thread