Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
Let me tell you I am absolutely furious they wait a week before giving me a video.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

barkingclam
Jun 20, 2007
Does Earwolf handle the video stuff? I assumed it was all done on VPN's end, since the vids have different ads and are released on different days.

Lugaloco
Jun 29, 2011

Ice to see you!

I broke down and listened to the Bestiality Debate I4H show. All I can say is what the gently caress John Gemberling?!

Greggy
Apr 14, 2007

Hands raw with high fives.
Yeah, that made me uncomfortable just listening to it. There were several really funny scenes but I can't imagine recommending the episode to anyone.

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

:shoboobs:
It's not dropping this Monday already right? It's some other Earwolf show that was recorded previously?

bobservo
Jul 24, 2003

Lugaloco posted:

I broke down and listened to the Bestiality Debate I4H show. All I can say is what the gently caress John Gemberling?!

He seemed to have legitimately pissed off Lauren by the end of the show.

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

You were so scary at night.
It was one of the funniest episodes and putting Paul Rust, Lauren Lapkus and Brandon Johnson on the episode with Gemberling was a great idea. They were perfect.

I also really liked the previous episode, the UCB workshop one. It was a really cool behind-the-scenes kind of thing and Besser's an improv savant.

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006
The official account of NFL Tackle Phil Loadholt.

Let's talk Football.
I think the thing that bothered me the most was that the rebuttal was never concise or they just weren't conveying the ideas across. I get that it was mostly for laughs and I laughed a lot.

But you know, the fact that humans are capable of forethought, malice, and so on. The argument got oddly hinged on if the animal was enjoying it or some basic notion of instinct without pointing out a lot of basic facts about animal behavior. Also the fact that they kept imbuing animals with human behavior was silly.

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

Earwolf's partnership with Funny or Die ended today. But Earwolf's partnership with Cracked.com began today with a new podcast.

Anybody going to bite the bullet and see if it's any good?

Maduo
Sep 8, 2006

You see all the colors.
All of them.

It's not horrible, but it feels unfocused. They keep cutting away to a conversation with one of the other Cracked writers when it would have been simpler to just have him in the same room with the other two and keep the conversation flowing. I really like the video skits the Cracked writers do so it can get better and I hope it does, but it could use some retooling.

Of course this is the first episode so the second one could be completely different.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
What's the podcast?

Greggy
Apr 14, 2007

Hands raw with high fives.
The Cracked Podcast.

I thought it was interesting even if not really funny. It was sort of clever how they kept with the general theme of Cracked articles without ever getting straight down to the "7 Times Your Brain Has Lied To You: Misremembered Pop Culture Moments" or whatever. There were some good music picks, but sometimes the music was played too loud to hear what people were saying. I'm kind of on the fence on it leaning towards not putting it in to my regular podcast rotation, but I'll give it another week.

Lugaloco
Jun 29, 2011

Ice to see you!

:siren::siren::siren::siren::siren::siren::siren:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NOJzoWRINNQ

:siren::siren::siren::siren::siren::siren::siren:

epic weed mom
Sep 1, 2006

Harris Wittels is evidently losing his poo poo over some slights made about his career and quality of work, so that's something. Kind of ugly and mean-spirited stuff, too.

Beeez
May 28, 2012
He doesn't seem like the bad guy here. Gossip monsters who pick petty fights for a living are precisely what Gawker writers are.

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

The tail of this article explains it better than "Harris calling people cunts on Twitter"

http://defamer.gawker.com/why-office-creator-greg-daniels-walked-away-from-univer-1128374119/1154202736

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

What a lot of nothing.

barkingclam
Jun 20, 2007

Teenage Fansub posted:

What a lot of nothing.

Yeah, it just seems like someone at Gawker with an axe to grind (and is hiding behind a pseudonym) just wanted to trash Harris or Greg Daniels. It's pretty par for the course for Gawker, who pull poo poo like that all the time.

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

Holy poo poo hahah I'm so glad I waited. 10 minutes in and I've had to pause several times.

"The baby thinks your mouth is the vagina"
- "He thinks that too!"

*everybody breaks character*

Beeez
May 28, 2012
I didn't watch this when it was live, it's amazing that Matt Besser's first show after becoming a father had him debating a hairy little chubster about bestiality.

piratepilates
Mar 28, 2004

So I will learn to live with it. Because I can live with it. I can live with it.

Being able to see their faces while they're improvising makes such a difference, especially Lauren Lapkus making those weird faces while having to pretend to be in labour.

GraPar
Jun 2, 2011
So glad I waited for the video, incredible piece of work. Lauren Lapkus is my idol ("Chug it for a McNugget"). I thought it was pretty clear that she wasn't actually upset by John at the end though; definitely slightly more legit upset by Brandon calling out improv bitches. I recently listened to the You Made It Weird with John Gemberling, which I strongly recommend because it's very funny and gives you way more insight into where he's coming from (basically he had a pretty strange upbringing and his Dad is an insane artist type).

Maduo
Sep 8, 2006

You see all the colors.
All of them.

barkingclam posted:

Yeah, it just seems like someone at Gawker with an axe to grind (and is hiding behind a pseudonym) just wanted to trash Harris or Greg Daniels. It's pretty par for the course for Gawker, who pull poo poo like that all the time.

Pretty much. Also starting your article "Writers, by nature, are passive-aggressive, easily agitated creatures prone to taking their work too seriously." is a great way to make me not read the rest of your article.

Conduit for Sale!
Apr 17, 2007

Maduo posted:

Pretty much. Also starting your article "Writers, by nature, are passive-aggressive, easily agitated creatures prone to taking their work too seriously." is a great way to make me not read the rest of your article.

It boggles my mind that the irony of that statement was completely lost on the author.

I disapprove of the use of the c word (not that my approval matters) but everything else Wittels said seemed pretty spot on. I mean, what kind of monster do you have to be to make Harris Wittels mad?

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
Wasn't it gawker who tried to stir poo poo up with Scott aukerman as well by saying he made a sexist tweet or some poo poo? Does someone at gawker just hate alternative comedy?

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Ninety-one? There are ninety other "Tiger Drivers"? Do any involve actual tigers, or driving?

quote:

And I will confess that I only emailed him with the slightest provocation to make him rage-type more horrible things to fill this story about his horribleness.
oh he confessed he's a troll, that's cool then

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

GraPar posted:

So glad I waited for the video, incredible piece of work. Lauren Lapkus is my idol ("Chug it for a McNugget"). I thought it was pretty clear that she wasn't actually upset by John at the end though; definitely slightly more legit upset by Brandon calling out improv bitches. I recently listened to the You Made It Weird with John Gemberling, which I strongly recommend because it's very funny and gives you way more insight into where he's coming from (basically he had a pretty strange upbringing and his Dad is an insane artist type).
Yeah what was up with the Improv Bitches, it felt like it was an inside joke that didn't play well. Was Lauren in an all-female improv group that got Brandons group timeslot or something?
"You in the seventh team" "not performing on a set time anymore..."

Lugaloco posted:

e:

:stare::respek::3:

Zsinjeh fucked around with this message at 12:13 on Aug 21, 2013

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

here's to feelin' good all the time

The_Rob posted:

Wasn't it gawker who tried to stir poo poo up with Scott aukerman as well by saying he made a sexist tweet or some poo poo? Does someone at gawker just hate alternative comedy?

I think it was Buzzfeed, actually

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Riptor posted:

I think it was Buzzfeed, actually

The Internet is garbage.

Reformed Pissboy
Nov 6, 2003

Chelsea Peretti's brother is the CEO of Buzzfeed -- was she trying to bring down CBB to further her own 'dcast??? :tinfoil:

LockHeart
Apr 8, 2005

I'll make Coach Haribo proud!

Reformed Pissboy posted:

Chelsea Peretti's brother is the CEO of Buzzfeed -- was she trying to bring down CBB to further her own 'dcast??? :tinfoil:

What if she, like, no joke, breaks into Scott's house to try to shoot and stab Scott to death?

Politicalrancor
Jan 29, 2008

Illinois Smith posted:

oh he confessed he's a troll, that's cool then

It's written by AJ Daulerio, who might be the biggest piece of poo poo ever. He was in charge of Deadspin after Will Leitch left and he basically turned it into a hosed up sports TMZ with almost none of the self awareness.

Trujillo
Jul 10, 2007
The live one tonight is I4H, watch is so the show doesn't get cancelled!

davidHalestorm
Aug 5, 2009
I'm not complaning, mind you. I'm a huge fan of Improv4animalshumans but is there a particular why Improv4humans got the most video stream time for Earwolf?

Trujillo
Jul 10, 2007
Maybe because improv4humans is better suited to be a video podcast compared to the rest of the earwolf shows. With the exception of CBB characters, there's not really anyone acting anything out like they do on I4H compared to the rest where they sit around talking.

Harvey Wallbanger
Aug 15, 2009
Agreed, the video thing has actually kinda revolutionized my enjoyment of I4H whereas the video CBBs are good but I'm cool just listening to the audio. I kinda wish every I4H was recorded, when there's an ep with no video it just feels like it's lacking so much compared to the ones that do.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.

Trujillo posted:

Maybe because improv4humans is better suited to be a video podcast compared to the rest of the earwolf shows. With the exception of CBB characters, there's not really anyone acting anything out like they do on I4H compared to the rest where they sit around talking.

VPN episodes of Who Charted have the added element of Howard flipping out over his image like a budgie with a mirror. And The Fogelnest Files are a natural fit for youtube videos. Also give me a Reality Show Show live recording before you cancel the show Jeff!

Beeez
May 28, 2012
Wait, I4H AND RSS are in danger of cancellation? RSS kinda seemed like it was based on how Hayes and Sean have been talking lately, but I figured I4H was safe. Now I have two shows to be concerned over while having very little ability to save them.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

I won't lie, Sean and Hayes haven't seemed to be as committed to it since they came back, but it's still very enjoyable. I guess their numbers are low? But taking a month or two off kinda does that, most podcasts don't get popular until dozens of eps are in the bank, and I never saw them try to do any cross promotion or anything. RSS before their break was some of the funniest poo poo I've ever heard, so will be super bummed if they stop doing it :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

davidHalestorm
Aug 5, 2009
Really? I don't believe both Jeff or Scott will cancel I4H just like that. In fact, I'll go on a limb and say I4H will go on as long as Matt wants to do it. I don't listen to RSS so I can't say what the situation is there.