Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
And thought Luke Cage and Reed would be a crummy team, I only lost about 20 points today.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
I swear the loving spins are rigged. 8 boss battles and I am guaranteed, every time, to get lovely consumables that shouldn't even be in the loving game. I think I probably got 5 Command points total out of five-starring a mission, not counting the 5 you get at the end. And of course, every day my PVP Spin means "Some light moves around some blocks and then you get 5 PVP Battles." Oh hey, the only crappy result in this spin is a web grenade and it's lodged in between two good items...gently caress.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I love at at 750 rating i'm still coming up against people with around 900 ratings. I can only imagine that there are not enough players with low ratings that are comprable levels so they make me play against people in Vibranium and above.

Syrinxx
Mar 28, 2002

Death is whimsical today

Halloween Jack posted:

I swear the loving spins are rigged. 8 boss battles and I am guaranteed, every time, to get lovely consumables that shouldn't even be in the loving game. I think I probably got 5 Command points total out of five-starring a mission, not counting the 5 you get at the end. And of course, every day my PVP Spin means "Some light moves around some blocks and then you get 5 PVP Battles." Oh hey, the only crappy result in this spin is a web grenade and it's lodged in between two good items...gently caress.
Hello friend I have run 7-3 for the Custom Goblin Glider FORTY THREE times and counting

Internet Alias
Dec 5, 2005
Mirrors are more fun than television.

Halloween Jack posted:

I hate PVP with a burning passion, so of course the game has been throwing challenge points at me as often as it can.

JohnnyCanuck
May 28, 2004

Strong And/Or Free
From ages ago:

JohnnyCanuck posted:

Question: I have 53 command points, Iron Man, Widow, Hawkeye, Iron Fist, She-Hulk, and War Machine (All at level 6-7). Should I keep on saving until I can afford a 90-point hero (thinking Hulk), or should I recruit a few more now? Also, who's best for me to grab?

I grabbed Claws Black Cat (for the epic boss) and Cyke (because I hate going up against him in PvP, so I figured he's probably actually pretty good) with my last CP hoard, and I've accumulated another 23 now. I already have Storm (and want her alt costume), but should I grab someone else now? Ms. Marvel? Dr. Strange?

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
Dr. Strange is a first-class blaster, and Ms. Marvel is no slouch. For a little more, Human Torch is also one of the best blasters. (If you run Human Torch and War Machine in PVP, you're an rear end in a top hat and I hate you.) Don't get Thing, Luke Cage, or Spider-Woman unless you love those characters; they suck.

Halloween Jack fucked around with this message at 04:51 on Aug 21, 2013

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Halloween Jack posted:

Dr. Strange is a first-class blaster, and Ms. Marvel is no slouch. For a little more, Human Torch is also one of the best blasters. (If you run Human Torch and War Machine in PVP, you're an rear end in a top hat and I hate you.) Don't get Thing, Luke Cage, or Spider-Woman unless you love those characters; they suck.

Watch Luke get his classic Power Man outfit and Jess get the purple Spiderwoman costume, and then they kill everyone.

I can't think of any other alt costumes for Ben that isn't FF. Many thing in disguise?

Fred is on
Dec 25, 2007

Riders...
IN SPACE!

twistedmentat posted:

I can't think of any other alt costumes for Ben that isn't FF. Many thing in disguise?

Blackbeard Thing.

Mister Chompers
Sep 11, 2011

twistedmentat posted:

Watch Luke get his classic Power Man outfit and Jess get the purple Spiderwoman costume, and then they kill everyone.

Helmet Thing.

Starsnostars
Jan 17, 2009

The Master of Magnetism

twistedmentat posted:

Human Ben Grimm.

DoctorDelaware
Mar 24, 2013

I first read this as "Hamlet Thing" and now I really want that costume.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
He can hold up that dumb Lord Humungus helmet in front of him and have an "Infinite Jest" ability.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
Being stuck at 98% for season two is such a tease :(

Mary Annette
Jun 24, 2005

Just had Wolverine's "doesn't die when killed" ability trigger against me 4 loving turns in a row.

MrBling
Aug 21, 2003

Oozing machismo

Mary Annette posted:

Just had Wolverine's "doesn't die when killed" ability trigger against me 4 loving turns in a row.

That's why you bash him with The Brute or an attack with killing blow.

I've been puttering along nicely in PVP, this time around just doing my five matches per day. Warmachine and Magik seem to be a nice team.

Or is it Sputnik
Aug 22, 2009

Oh, Ho-oh oh oh, oh whoa oh oh oh
I'll get 'em caught, show Oak what I've got

Halloween Jack posted:

The items have a set % chance, predetermined before spin. Shittier items - higher chance.

Psychlone
Sep 3, 2004

It's never straight up and down!

DoctorDelaware posted:

I first read this as "Hamlet Thing" and now I really want that costume.

How about Blackbeard Thing, complete with the magic jewels in his treasure?

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
Has anyone else had a problem with Leethax today? The game is just white-screening me when I try to load it :(

Samara
Jan 6, 2011

quote:

Deposited $150 at Mt Gox to try this Bitcoin thing out.

Stolen 6 days later. Really enjoyed my time there.

Helpful? Please donate - being this retarded ain't cheap!

Samara Investments
Basement Suite #101
Mom's House, Hometown FL
USAAA+

Halloween Jack posted:

Tbe daily spins on iOS are a joke. I swear 5 pvp battle and full energy are 99% probability to hit.

Fred is on
Dec 25, 2007

Riders...
IN SPACE!

SteelAngel2000 posted:

Has anyone else had a problem with Leethax today? The game is just white-screening me when I try to load it :(

Same here. I turned it off for now but hopefully it'll be fixed soon.

Samara posted:

Tbe daily spins on iOS are a joke. I swear 5 pvp battle and full energy are 99% probability to hit.

It's the same everywhere, I'm pretty sure. Daily spins almost always give you crappy stuff, it's a fact of life.

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

Samara posted:

I had three 2 CP spins in a row this week

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Liar Lyre posted:

I had three 2 CP spins in a row this week

Yea, I seem to get the 1 gold or 2 cp rewards about the same amount of time as I get the consumables. The thing that drives me most nuts about the iOS is that it is so slow. It also drains the battery like crazy.

So I am tanking my rating, like everyone else, but I keep coming up against people who have pro strat teams who have way lower ratings. How can you have a rating of 680 with 150k bonuses, everyone level 12, rescue, omega and a phased protect agent with blade of the guardian and the custom lewis?

And in complete opposite, how do you get to level 242 and not have a single character over 10? Wow, I feel really bad for this guy.

So, i'm fighting a guy who has angel and Wonderman with X-23, Wolverine and my agent has binding contract, its a bleed team. Funny thing is, none of the bleed effects are working. The attacks go off, but no bleed. There is nothing on any of the other team that says removes debuffs or anything, its just not happening.

And they are going back to full health at the end of each turn. What? I call hax. Is there any way to report cheaters this blatant?

twistedmentat fucked around with this message at 01:17 on Aug 22, 2013

GLOSS
Apr 10, 2005

PEARL GROWLS "TAKE OFF THAT SHIRT, STEVEN." I COMPLY, REVEALING THE FULL LENGTH SHIRT TATTOO. PEARL RETREATS INTO HER GEM, DEFEATED.

twistedmentat posted:

Yea, I seem to get the 1 gold or 2 cp rewards about the same amount of time as I get the consumables. The thing that drives me most nuts about the iOS is that it is so slow. It also drains the battery like crazy.

So I am tanking my rating, like everyone else, but I keep coming up against people who have pro strat teams who have way lower ratings. How can you have a rating of 680 with 150k bonuses, everyone level 12, rescue, omega and a phased protect agent with blade of the guardian and the custom lewis?

And in complete opposite, how do you get to level 242 and not have a single character over 10? Wow, I feel really bad for this guy.

So, i'm fighting a guy who has angel and Wonderman with X-23, Wolverine and my agent has binding contract, its a bleed team. Funny thing is, none of the bleed effects are working. The attacks go off, but no bleed. There is nothing on any of the other team that says removes debuffs or anything, its just not happening.

And they are going back to full health at the end of each turn. What? I call hax. Is there any way to report cheaters this blatant?

Well, I know Wonder Man is immune to all DoT effects, and I've seen Angel pull out some bullshit healing thing against me before that I have no idea where it came from, but everything else you got me...

Grant DaNasty
Jul 17, 2006

Grant DaNasty posted:

I'm not doing well with the lock boxes at all this time around. Out of the 7 boxes I've unlocked I've got 4 duplicates.

Two more duplicates and no new covers. This is the reason I would never spend gold to buy old lock boxes for previous characters. At this rate it would cost at least 140-160 gold for me to get Juggernaut or Magneto.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

GLOSS posted:

Well, I know Wonder Man is immune to all DoT effects, and I've seen Angel pull out some bullshit healing thing against me before that I have no idea where it came from, but everything else you got me...

Yea, I was ignoring Simon and Warren and focusing on the agent. I'd there was some debuff remover, it would say on the tool tip or announce, but just nothing.

As for the healing, I scroll over the agent with Wolverine and it showed about 60% Heath, but when he actually attacked, the agents Heath was full.

I also really liked the game where Rescue started out in her protect mode.

I'm doing crummy on lockboxes, but this happened with Satana too, lots if dupes, then suddenly the last 2 boxes I needed in a row. Only Maggy did I have to buy and that cost me nearly 100 gold.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

I'm playing on iOS :saddowns:, and have a question: what's the point of HT's Rekindle? It seems like Recharge does the same thing (trigger Flame On) but also gives SP.

Lurks With Wolves
Jan 14, 2013

At least I don't dance with them, right?

Interociter posted:

I'm playing on iOS :saddowns:, and have a question: what's the point of HT's Rekindle? It seems like Recharge does the same thing (trigger Flame On) but also gives SP.

Okay, they patched Rekindle out of the Facebook/Playdom versions ten months ago, so I might just be talking out of my rear end here, but the Notes section of his wiki page implies that Rekindle gives back stamina over time instead of in one big chunk. It might be more useful than just recharging, but there's probably a good reason they replaced it with Ring of Fire.

Moreau
Jul 26, 2009

For some reason, almost everyone I have faced in PVP today has had Wolverine. His constant healing and inability to die when beaten to a pulp have proven most frustrating. Then I remembered I had unlocked Brute in the last Spec Ops round. Which works very well to counter his healing malarkey. Nuts to you, Wolverine!

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you
One-shotting everyone with Havoc in PVP is pretty fun

Edit: It sure is annoying when someone puts Angel in the front row so his wings block everyone

triplexpac fucked around with this message at 14:14 on Aug 22, 2013

Jeabus Mahogany
Feb 13, 2011

I'm mad because of a thorn in my impenetrable hide
I don't use Havok because Rescue shuts him down completely. He does far less damage when he can't crit.

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

Jeabus Mahogany posted:

I don't use Havok because Rescue shuts him down completely. He does far less damage when he can't crit.

Havoc's got a couple of hefty advantages. First randomly getting extra turns is good.
Second his level 1 attack can pretty much always be used, it melts armour (so other people can hit the target really hard) and it removes shields, buff and puts shield blocker on a target. Against Rescue, that's pretty drat important.
Third (even though it doesn't say so on his stat list) he puts cornered (can't protect) on people who have protect.
Fourth is probably the big one, his Plasma Sphere's attacks hit everyone (it's catastrophic) and they put exhausted on targets. Stopping people from being able to use Quick Actions is fairly key. The AI really doesn't get how to deal with that, and if you're lucky will start using Quick Actions as Regular actions to do useless things. (Like Cast Warmachines Overcharge when it has 3 stacks of Capicitors, or use Scrolls when it has no debuffs.)

Havoc is definitely a top character in PvP. His main disadvantage is he's a Blaster, and that does just give Tactician's more turns. His level 2 attack is his big finisher, but you only want to use that if you can get a confirmed kill, since it does basically stun him.

Personally I'm still relying on the Power of 4 + Lewis combo for teh easy wins.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you

The Question IRL posted:

Havoc is definitely a top character in PvP. His main disadvantage is he's a Blaster, and that does just give Tactician's more turns. His level 2 attack is his big finisher, but you only want to use that if you can get a confirmed kill, since it does basically stun him.

I find that pairing him with a protect character like Rescue works pretty well in preventing Tacticians from getting their buffs from hitting him.

Also, the fact that Havoc can get extra turns when teammates attack takes a lot of the edge off of his level 2 stunning him. Sometimes I'll use the level 2, kill a guy, Havoc will get an extra turn when my agent attacks, so Havoc will have his next turn in sequence as normal.

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

:siren:Caught Cubs Posting:siren:
I guess I'm way behind the times but I just started playing this on Playdom. Here's my profile if anyone is still doing adds. I've also just been clicking add friend on all the random people on the sidebar so I should be swimming in gifts before I know it.

Syrinxx
Mar 28, 2002

Death is whimsical today

Jeabus Mahogany posted:

What, what? He's like the anti-Rescue. His Q removes buffs and kills bubbles, his E shuts down nearly everything she does, and he can also instagib her without any hassle with his W if you have turn order or simply run a bologna scroll.

JohnnyCanuck
May 28, 2004

Strong And/Or Free

SteelAngel2000 posted:

Even their website is down now. :ohdear:

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

triplexpac posted:

I find that pairing him with a protect character like Rescue works pretty well in preventing Tacticians from getting their buffs from hitting him.

A good idea, except if Havoc attacks a Tactician THEY get an extra turn. And given that I've sometimes run into Rescue/Emma Frost/Iron Patrior teams (or on occasions all Tactician teams) giving those characters even one turn is sometimes enough to completely scrap your game plan. (Rescue just needs one partial turn to hit your infiltrator with Off Balance, Remove your buffs and still have an action left to Protect.)

That being said, if you do use his Plasma Spheres, they won't be getting extra actions.
I may try running a Havoc/Union Jack multi hit team if and when the Po4/Lewis gets nerfed.

Jeabus Mahogany
Feb 13, 2011

I'm mad because of a thorn in my impenetrable hide

Syrinxx posted:

What, what? He's like the anti-Rescue. His Q removes buffs and kills bubbles, his E shuts down nearly everything she does, and he can also instagib her without any hassle with his W if you have turn order or simply run a bologna scroll.

Okay fine I used him intelligently and him and Cyclops managed to take down Rescue and Omega Sentinel, happy now?

I still think he's bad for Defense, though. I'm currently trying out a Rescue + Wonder Man team, both to infuriate the player and use Rescue's shields/heals to buff Wonder Man's Hollywood Hammer.

Man, there needs to be a recommendation list somewhere of Good for Offense/Good for Defense/Neat Team Synergy.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
After getting my rear end kicked over and over, Satana is pretty good in PVP if she doesn't get KOd before she has a chance to do anything.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

commish
Sep 17, 2009

The Question IRL posted:

A good idea, except if Havoc attacks a Tactician THEY get an extra turn. And given that I've sometimes run into Rescue/Emma Frost/Iron Patrior teams (or on occasions all Tactician teams) giving those characters even one turn is sometimes enough to completely scrap your game plan. (Rescue just needs one partial turn to hit your infiltrator with Off Balance, Remove your buffs and still have an action left to Protect.)

That being said, if you do use his Plasma Spheres, they won't be getting extra actions.
I may try running a Havoc/Union Jack multi hit team if and when the Po4/Lewis gets nerfed.

Exactly, use his AOE and no one gets extra turns. Honestly, I know I've said it before, but I think he's the top 1 or 2 characters on offense.

• Locked thread