Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Croccers posted:

I don't see what the problem with those Store Hacking puzzles were. They weren't that hard, Alpha Protocol's computer hacking would of been cooler though.

You should be tried in the Hague for even suggesting this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

Imagine I said something deep here...

Oxxidation posted:

I'm assuming he's on console; AP's hacking worked much better there.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

The correct thing to do would have been to not have a hacking minigame.

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

RBA Starblade posted:

The correct thing to do would have been to not have a hacking minigame.

It's honestly more interesting than "just buy everything", I found myself prioritizing which stores I'll hack first before it gets real tricky. Sorry, Rim Jobs.

Comrade Flynn
Jun 1, 2003

If you have the Season Pass, where do you get the Rectifier? I'm way past where I unlocked the other preorder weapons.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe

Comrade Flynn posted:

If you have the Season Pass, where do you get the Rectifier? I'm way past where I unlocked the other preorder weapons.

I asked this same thing earlier today. Seems like it might not be released yet.

KoB
May 1, 2009

Mage_Boy posted:

I don't know how you finished without the time upgrades (or why) but I definitely agree that 31 was the worst. Don't even understand why it was harder than the last three. I think they should have moved the order around.

I didnt even know you could get more time. Only failed once :shrug:

Just take a quick look at your available pieces (sometimes you dont use them all) to get an idea of what youve got, then I start on the sides and work in. Banged out the 2nd half of the stores just this morning in about 30 minutes.

KoB fucked around with this message at 18:23 on Aug 21, 2013

TheSpiritFox
Jan 4, 2009

I'm just a memory, I can't give you any new information.

Ok I finally found something about this game that pisses me off. Genki's Mind over Murder on hard, 6 locations, I cannot finish location 5/6 before I get downgraded to silver.

Cheat engine time, I hope it lets me freeze the timer.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe
Yeah M.O.M. seems balanced for co-op, not singleplayer.

BitterAvatar
Jun 19, 2004

I do not miss the future
So i just started the game and noticed that some of the missions on the map are listed as co-op. Is it necessary to find a person to do these missions with or how exactly does that work?

ThePhenomenalBaby
May 3, 2011
I did the final M.O.M. mission by myself with about 15 seconds to spare. Its tough but doable.

By the way there's some bug where the Genki heads become untargetable randomly on PC. Could be just on my end though. Might have something to do with the Whirlwind running upgrade. Pretty annoying!

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe

BitterAvatar posted:

So i just started the game and noticed that some of the missions on the map are listed as co-op. Is it necessary to find a person to do these missions with or how exactly does that work?

Cat and Mouse is co-op only. I don't think it counts towards any challenges though.

Rookersh
Aug 19, 2010
In the last mission, does team selection change anything?

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

Imagine I said something deep here...

ThePhenomenalBaby posted:

I did the final M.O.M. mission by myself with about 15 seconds to spare. Its tough but doable.

By the way there's some bug where the Genki heads become untargetable randomly on PC. Could be just on my end though. Might have something to do with the Whirlwind running upgrade. Pretty annoying!

I had it pop up prior to getting that upgrade. Retrying the activity seemed to sort out the problem.

Twitch
Apr 15, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
I'm at 16 or 17 hours, 70-ish percent completion, and I think I've used the bat more than any other weapon. With the skin that makes it look like Charlie's Rat Stick.

Also my decision to make my boss look like the Trelyate man made a great mission into the greatest thing that's happened in this game.

BitterAvatar posted:

As far as I can tell, they're just pvp challenges that are just for fun, and possibly cache.

Twitch fucked around with this message at 18:42 on Aug 21, 2013

TheSpiritFox
Jan 4, 2009

I'm just a memory, I can't give you any new information.

Mokinokaro posted:

Yeah M.O.M. seems balanced for co-op, not singleplayer.

I can't figure out how to freeze the clock, so I'm giving up for now. If anyone has some insight, I tried searching for the minute and second values and tried searching for total seconds on the countdown (starting at 450 seconds when there's 7:30 left) and I cannot isolate a value that lets me freeze the clock, and beyond the really basic poo poo I have no idea what I'm doing with Cheat Engine.

Someone got enough experience to help me out? Alternately would a toogleable cheat that freezes game timers be possible for stuff like this idol? It would be nice if we had a feature for future replays that let us max out points or stop timers or whatever else to skip the activities that are a pain in the rear end, now that there are actual rewards we want for completing them. I would really love to be able to give the finger to a few of the rift and destruction challenges. It would make me incredibly happy if I could just give myself 9 million points and instantly end that stupid rift platforming challenge.

You will not make me use a controller, drat it! :argh:

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

Alright President Satan Horse guy, there is a scene in Ben King's loyalty mission you are legally obligated to screenshot and share. You'll know it when it happens.

Deep Thoreau
Aug 16, 2008

So, if I was given the season pass, how do I use it? Or has the weapon/missions already been put into my game and I just haven't gotten to the point where I can access them?

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe

Bash Ironfist posted:

So, if I was given the season pass, how do I use it? Or has the weapon/missions already been put into my game and I just haven't gotten to the point where I can access them?

The missions aren't out yet (the first one's out late next month) and nobody really knows what's up with the weapon (it should have likely been rewarded at the point you get the preorder stuff.)

Brocktoon
Jul 18, 2006

Before we engage we should hang back and study their tactics.
Trying to avoid spoilers, so I haven't read the whole thread, but, like in SR3, is there a certain point I should get to before starting all the side stuff? (I like doind all the side stuff first then doing the plot in one shot). I'm my next mission will be escaping the simulation.

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012

Oxxidation posted:

Byers2142 posted:

I'm assuming he's on console; AP's hacking worked much better there.
PC with Keyboard/Controller. Controller in my lap for when I hop into a vehicle/plane/heli. Not as much as an issue in this since you can just sprint across the map now.
Saints Row driving is ok on the keyboard but I have no loving clue how people got through GTA4 on a keyboard :psyduck:

Funkmaster General
Sep 13, 2008

Hey, man, I distinctly remember this being an episode of Spongebob. :colbert:

Bash Ironfist posted:

Season passes are, by nature, for post-release content. The mission lacks are future DLC. The weapon should already be available, but isn't (for anyone), possibly by mistake.

Dominic White
Nov 1, 2005

Brocktoon posted:

Trying to avoid spoilers, so I haven't read the whole thread, but, like in SR3, is there a certain point I should get to before starting all the side stuff?

Unless you want to be godly-overpowered and practically invulnerable, then just do the occasional sidequest here or there.

Ataru13
Jul 28, 2005

...Packing Space-Age Shit!
Who the hell was that narrating the end of Gat's recruitment mission? I feel like should be able to place the voice, but I can't. It was't just some random voice actor, was it?

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe

Dominic White posted:

Unless you want to be godly-overpowered and practically invulnerable, then just do the occasional sidequest here or there.

This. Do the sidequests where you like the sound of the rewards (they're clearly marked) and do all of the loyalty missions when they start appearing if you want the longer ending.

Other than that, just do what you want.

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012
Is there an achievement for romancing everyone? :heysexy:

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe

Croccers posted:

Is there an achievement for romancing everyone? :heysexy:

No, but there is one per character for doing every quest they give you AND romancing them.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Brocktoon posted:

Trying to avoid spoilers, so I haven't read the whole thread, but, like in SR3, is there a certain point I should get to before starting all the side stuff? (I like doind all the side stuff first then doing the plot in one shot). I'm my next mission will be escaping the simulation.

I would say maybe Act 2/3 ish. That's the point where most of the collection upgrades will be available.

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

Anyone else have an issue where the game reverts to windowed mode every time you open it?

year199X
Oct 9, 2012
Grimey Drawer

Oxxidation posted:

I honestly really liked Alpha Protocol's hacking :v:

Who didn't love doing word searches as a kid?

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

VisAbsoluta posted:

Anyone else have an issue where the game reverts to windowed mode every time you open it?
Mine does that occasionally, yeah. Absolutely no clue why, same as typing -> crashing.

This is why I haven't totally abandoned console gaming, despite Steam making such great advances in giving me that same experience on the PC.

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one
When the night is calling

VisAbsoluta posted:

Not every time but yeah it's happening I'd say more than half of the time.

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
The ending was awesome (Hah! Gat can't dance!), but the part of the last mission where you hold off the hordes while Shaundi breaks open a door was horrible. Must have died ~6 times before I got lucky with enemy placement.

The game says that now I have control over the time in the simulation, where do I control that?

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe

MisterBibs posted:

where do I control that?

In the ship's lounge there's a terminal that does that (and lets you review audio logs and the other collectible)

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

I really don't know how I'm supposed to go back to other GTA-alikes after this, or even GTA proper. This is just incredibly fun and liberating, and I'm so glad the most important superpowers unlock fairly early.

Granted, I'm a PC player first and foremost so that might have skewed my opinion.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

T.G. Xarbala posted:

I really don't know how I'm supposed to go back to other GTA-alikes after this, or even GTA proper. This is just incredibly fun and liberating, and I'm so glad the most important superpowers unlock fairly early.

Granted, I'm a PC player first and foremost so that might have skewed my opinion.
On the other hand, playing Red Faction Guerrilla (and EDF4) right now too, not being able to destroy buildings seems constraining, given that they are both games about blowing poo poo up everywhere.

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"
Did this game update this morning? I was playing co-op with a friend last night, but now it is kind of hosed up. If I try to join his game via the join friends menu, the gamepad and keyboard controls don't do anything, and I can only click back. If someone sends me a steam invite, clicking accept does nothing. Also if I host a game no one can see it or join. It was fine, if slightly buggy, like 12 hours ago.

Funkmaster General
Sep 13, 2008

Hey, man, I distinctly remember this being an episode of Spongebob. :colbert:

Aww, man. I just found out that there's an achievement for walking in to the red door. I just assumed that the game wouldn't let me because that's not how the Boss rolls, and at the time I was in a rush to get to a stopping point so I chose to skip out on whatever dialog would be involved. Now I'll have to play through the first part of the game all over again later for that achievement. Actually, on second thought, maybe that's not so bad...

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

I'm interplanetary, bitch
Let's go to Mars

Well, either you have the PC version and you get the Mission Replay mod, or you have to play through this game again (a more terrible fate cannot be imagined [/biggest sarcasm ever].)

T.G. Xarbala posted:

Sleeping Dogs is different enough to live alongside the Saints Row series, and Just Cause 2 probably has a niche (and Red Faction: Guerrilla if Nordic moves off of GFWL before it dies HINT HINT) but yeah, it feels like Grand Theft Auto V better be all or nothing, because that's how it'll be judged.

EDIT: As far as I can tell, the only reason Saints Row IV even has stations other than the Mix and Mad Decent is because the other stations have Platonically ideal DJs for their track sets. They're good, but nothing matches up to the Mix and Mad Decent. SR3's stations were actually good too; they just belong more in a hockey arena than an rear end in a top hat simulator and can't possibly match up to SR2 and SR4.

dont be mean to me fucked around with this message at 19:54 on Aug 21, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

I just can't shake the notion that GTAV will try a serious crime storyline again and it will be awful :smith:

• Locked thread