Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SlayVus
Jul 10, 2009
Grimey Drawer

Machai posted:

As for relic boxes only dropping relic gear, they say they removed rare(blue) quality which would mean they still drop epic(purple) in addition to relic level gear.

Sorry, I guess I read that "rare" incorrectly thinking it was purple drops. Thanks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kreczor
Oct 30, 2011

I'd still rather play with medieval knights online then go outside and "hang out".

Kreczor posted:

I may? be late for the raid tonight. Bar shenanigans as per the usual, I'll definitely be back for crucia though, so if someone wants to sub in for the first three then it's all yours but I WILL kill my dargon.

On second thought, I might not even make it at all! I'll try to be around later tonight.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

ITT everyone bails from the raid tonight. I will try to be there, though my internet is still poo poo so should be considered a sub. I was going to sit for Rolle anyways if we were full.

Machai
Feb 21, 2013

Zoness posted:

Does this mean that Crucia runs the store :tinfoil:.

You're helping her pay for a new body! (Or is that more of a Laethys thing)

Nah some enterprising person took her big stash of stuff after we killed her and is selling it off.

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer
If my ticket goes through I'll have a warrior with 424 hit (probably won't happen) and I can be there to make everyone else look good.

I probably have GA though.

Machai posted:

Nah some enterprising person took her big stash of stuff after we killed her and is selling it off.

That's lame because Crucia is really cool.

lsp
Sep 1, 2008

Oh my glob. What the stuff are you doing?

shut up gelly posted:

if you're the spergy kind of person who likes to map out their rep grinds, check out the rep spreadsheet

Might want to add an option for 10% treasure map bonus

vandiar
Jul 19, 2004

Eltoasto posted:

ITT everyone bails from the raid tonight. I will try to be there, though my internet is still poo poo so should be considered a sub. I was going to sit for Rolle anyways if we were full.

Well I guess it's a refreshing change for people to bail on farm night rather than fun filled Regulos Mondays!

necrotic
Aug 2, 2005
I owe my brother big time for this!

vandiar posted:

Well I guess it's a refreshing change for people to bail on farm night rather than fun filled Regulos Mondays!

If only the people "bailing" were usually the progression bailers...

Kreczor
Oct 30, 2011

I'd still rather play with medieval knights online then go outside and "hang out".

necrotic posted:

If only the people "bailing" were usually the progression bailers...

I...I'm sorry...

I just want to drink beer and eat wings guys. :cheers:

Rianeva
Mar 8, 2009

I may be able to help out tonight if I don't have to do GA, yell at Rianeva@Faeblight and I'll bring... something.

Bonapartisan
May 20, 2004

Emperor of France
Creator of the Code Napoleon
Conqueror of the Ziggy Piggy
Man. I don't like that box change.

It was much easier to just be able to type "Deep's" and get just boxes and keys. "Crucia's" brings up too much junk.

I'm lazy. :(

KaneTW
Dec 2, 2011

Lookit that Typhiria DPS graph, look at it:

I think I did like 25k during the stairs burn (0-50).

(In case you're wondering, that TDQ took 29 minutes. No Jultharin wipe and a less unneccessary delays + a tiny bit more DPS and we would have gotten RA)

KaneTW fucked around with this message at 06:38 on Aug 22, 2013

necrotic
Aug 2, 2005
I owe my brother big time for this!

KaneTW posted:

Lookit that Typhiria DPS graph, look at it:

I think I did like 25k during the stairs burn (0-50).

(In case you're wondering, that TDQ took 29 minutes. No Jultharin wipe and a less unneccessary delays + a tiny bit more DPS and we would have gotten RA)

That Typhiria had a pretty hilarious amount of DPS. Even I was doing like 20k for the burn.

SlayVus
Jul 10, 2009
Grimey Drawer
Is it possible to burn her past the dragon phase? Aka, while she is casting her spell to transform? What is 10% of her HP, because that is when she starts casting and I think it's like a 3-5 second cast. Not really sure.

Rianeva
Mar 8, 2009

I thought her HP locked at 10%.

Machai
Feb 21, 2013

Rianeva posted:

I thought her HP locked at 10%.

It does not lock @ 10%, but once she teleports, she is immune to damage until she has done transforming iirc. You would have to burn through 10% HP in like a second before she ports. I forget if she interrupts her big AOE channel to port if she hits 10% during it, maybe you could time it for that and burn her during those few seconds.

KaneTW
Dec 2, 2011

We should try that next time.

SlayVus posted:

Is it possible to burn her past the dragon phase? Aka, while she is casting her spell to transform? What is 10% of her HP, because that is when she starts casting and I think it's like a 3-5 second cast. Not really sure.

10% of her HP is like... 1.5m. If you time it right and hit 10% just as she starts channeling that aoe you'll have 8 seconds to kill her i.e. you'll need ~190k DPS. Doable.

KaneTW fucked around with this message at 17:43 on Aug 22, 2013

Dessel
Feb 21, 2011

So, I actually had the worst brain fart in my life while thinking of the next MMO to try. Didn't I...buy this game? Do I still have the box?... I know it went F2P. The thread icon is fitting. I heard it's become supposedly decent from a friend, and that the F2P model is the best in the industry. I genuinely did not even remember I had actually bought this drat game. :psyduck:

So I found my old account details and logged in. I remember leveling my cleric and rogue types around level 30 before giving up on launch. I'm obviously going to create a new character because I no longer have any idea what I'd be doing. Is healing any good in this game if I want a polished whack-a-mole experience? I don't mind interesting mechanics, but how does healing err, compare to Holy/Discipline priest in WoW around Cataclysm era, for example?

For someone who hasn't touched the game for a while, the game's class builds kinda scare me with their complexity. The number of options is kinda worrying. Rogue builds for example didn't really seem to have proper distinction when I originally leveled one.

Also, holy poo poo there is a LFG tool now? I can chain queue and heal stuff to my heart's content?! :fap:

...Is there anything particular I should be aware of as a returning player? Things I might want to utilize that aren't obvious to me? Apparently you don't have to buy the expansion?

StumblyWumbly
Sep 12, 2007

Batmanticore!

Dessel posted:

So, I actually had the worst brain fart in my life while thinking of the next MMO to try. Didn't I...buy this game? Do I still have the box?... I know it went F2P. The thread icon is fitting. I heard it's become supposedly decent from a friend, and that the F2P model is the best in the industry. I genuinely did not even remember I had actually bought this drat game. :psyduck:

So I found my old account details and logged in. I remember leveling my cleric and rogue types around level 30 before giving up on launch. I'm obviously going to create a new character because I no longer have any idea what I'd be doing. Is healing any good in this game if I want a polished whack-a-mole experience? I don't mind interesting mechanics, but how does healing err, compare to Holy/Discipline priest in WoW around Cataclysm era, for example?

For someone who hasn't touched the game for a while, the game's class builds kinda scare me with their complexity. The number of options is kinda worrying. Rogue builds for example didn't really seem to have proper distinction when I originally leveled one.

Also, holy poo poo there is a LFG tool now? I can chain queue and heal stuff to my heart's content?! :fap:

...Is there anything particular I should be aware of as a returning player? Things I might want to utilize that aren't obvious to me? Apparently you don't have to buy the expansion?

I'd go with cleric if healing is your thing, it has 4 healing souls, mages only have 1. For souls, there's preset tracks you can go on now, which are pretty good, fine for levelling but not optimal.

StumblyWumbly
Sep 12, 2007

Batmanticore!
Adding more info because my last post got cut off.

The main way to level up seems to be to do instant adventures (access through the menus on the bottom left) until you reach 50, then go to the SL areas and, I don't know, quest or pvp or something until you hit 60. There's no reason not to just use your level 30 chars, things have changed a ton but they keep on changing until you hit 50/60.
As for how healing goes in Rift, it can get pretty intense. The fights have a lot of mechanics to do, and there's a few ways to heal with their own specialties. Purifier used to be the only soul where you just hit 1 button 95% of the time, and now that's changed.

You don't need the expansion to get to any SL areas, but you'll have to buy the new souls separately. Defiler is pretty cool, but if you're cheap you can live a happy life without it.

If you were subscribed, you probably have some credits and a mailbox with some goodies in it. I think buying the level 60 150% mount is supposed to be the most cost effective way to use your credits. XP pots are obviously great, and they do work on quest turn ins, notoriety is pretty good 50+, and save token pots for when you're 60.

And go into the guild dimension and give it a +1

Machai
Feb 21, 2013

StumblyWumbly posted:

I'd go with cleric if healing is your thing, it has 4 healing souls, mages only have 1. For souls, there's preset tracks you can go on now, which are pretty good, fine for levelling but not optimal.

According to the whiney clerics on the official forums, you should go mage for healing because chloro > all clerics at every type of healing (not really) and clerics are just there for puri support (which is no longer a thing as of this week) and various tank cooldowns. Also Necro is apparently better than Defiler at links (lol).

But in all seriousness, clerics have a wider range of healing specs/options than mages and mages lack a wack-a-mole healing spec (although most cleric healing in raids is non-WAM as well, I have not looked too closely at the new puri yet though). Clerics are also great at the start of a new raid tier due to having much better/more cooldowns than chloro as well as having a burst-heavy AOE healing spec. My guild tends to back off of cleric healing a little once we get things on farm and the 1-2 chloros can handle stuff more on their own.

Having been a chloro pre-SL and a cleric healer (mostly defiler though) in SL, I find cleric healing more active and fun than chloro. A lot of cleric healing specs work best when you know the fight and can actively predict who will need heals when, whereas chloro is more reactive (at least tank healing is).

From what I can remember while healing in WoW, the closest thing to a Holy priest is Sentinel which is not used much in raids. Disc is similar to Puri in that they are both shield healers, but now Puri seems to be much more focused on tank healing with an awesome AOE cooldown or two. Chloro is a little like a Shadow Priest but less focus on DPS and more on healing. Warden is the big aoe healer that uses a lot of HoTs, so I guess I would say it is like a druid/shaman combo.

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer
GA is pretty much dependent on having 2 cleric healers and probably a cleric tank on your roster.

Machai
Feb 21, 2013

Zoness posted:

GA is pretty much dependent on having 2 cleric healers and probably a cleric tank on your roster.

We went ahead and said "gently caress it, lets bring our two best chloros, the defiler, the puri, our third-string warrior tank (who is DPS in all 20-man fights requiring only two tanks), the bard/tact and a mix of our high and mid tier non-warrior DPS".

The second group is our third best chloro, two main tanks (cleric and rogue), 1-2 clerics (group one took three out of like five guild clerics) neither of which has much if any defiler experience and like one that actually heals regularly, the archon(?), warrior DPS (mostly melee) and crazy rogue DPS that prefers melee. I wish group two luck in having enough purges for Kyzan (we have two marksman and two inquisitors).

Group one will be trying Salvarola with our third/fourth tier tanks, warrior and rogue respectively, and maybe having the top cleric DPS (also generally the top DPS of the group) tank in place of the warrior (who can probably do comparable DPS, I have not run DPS meters in forever). For heals we will have or two best chloros to choose from as well as the defiler and the puri. Sounds like fun.

KaneTW
Dec 2, 2011

I found something weird close to the edge of the world (at 11895 14741)...

Next: let's see what happens when you reach the edge of the world

E: no fatigue at the end of the world but it's also rather boring

KaneTW fucked around with this message at 18:04 on Aug 23, 2013

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

Massively had an interview with Hartsman.

http://massively.joystiq.com/2013/08/23/scott-hartsman-on-leading-trion-worlds-out-of-the-woods/

quote:

Scott Hartsman on leading Trion Worlds out of the woods

It's been a rocky return for Scott Hartsman, who has rejoined the Trion Worlds fold as CEO. With End of Nations going through development hell in its final stretch, studios being shuttered left and right, employees being laid off, and a mess of unknown questions, Trion's been put through the ringer this past year and come out looking bruised. But that's the moment in the movie when the crafty manager inspires his boxer to get back in there and fight for the win -- and there are few devs more inspirational and passionate than Hartsman. The way he sees it, Trion is due for a rally.

We spoke to Hartsman as he was in the second week of a two-month period of evaluation, meetings, and decision-making. Instead of sounding tired or stressed, Hartsman came across as upbeat, enthusiastic, and brimming with good things to say about his team and the studio's future.

So why did Hartsman return to the Trion fold now, and what does it portend for the studio and its many titles? The full story is more interesting than you might think.

So why did Scott Hartsman return to Trion? To answer that, he went back to why he left in January of this year. According to Hartsman, he left not because of anything wrong with the company but because he saw an opportunity to make a difference in the industry. The current publisher-developer model was broken, he told Massively back in May, and he burned with the desire to change that.

Thus Hartsman left to found his own start-up that would change the stale and unfair dynamic of how publishers treated studios. "The way games are made is changing rapidly," he said, pointing to the phenomenons of indie projects like Minecraft and crowdsourced MMOs that are outright challenging the publisher-developer model. Hartsman could capitalize on that by creating a company that was more nimble and offered trust and support to developers.

Right on the cusp of seeing his start-up go live, Trion came back with an offer to make him CEO. It was then that Hartsman faced a difficult choice: continue with his start-up or return to the studio that he'd invested so much time and energy in. It wasn't a hard decision in the end, he says, because it was a chance to reunite with "a large number of the best people I've ever worked with."

Hartsman returned with the understanding that he was going to push Trion further in the direction of creating new types of relationships with developers. Instead of being a puppetmaster overlord who pulled the strings, Trion would see these developers as true partners and trust them to make the best games they could.

"If you look at the old model as a 'we own you' model," Hartsman concluded, "the new model is 'how can we help?'"

---------------------------

Coming back wasn't just an endless parade of parties and high-fives. Hartsman inherited a Trion Worlds in flux, one that was starting to shrink after a period of expansion. The layoffs and consolidations we've been reporting on are partially what was already happening and partially the directives of the new CEO.

The problem, as Hartsman explained it, was that Trion was too spread out to do its job properly. A decision would bounce around between the studios and time zones, taking a week to resolve. Hartsman knew that everyone had to get under the same roof for these decisions to be made faster -- so that 20 could be made in a day instead of one per week. Hence the condensation of everything but the Redwood City and Austin offices. Even in the remaining two offices, a single unified team works to coordinate activities and messages between both so that all stay on the same page.

Hartsman also knew that Trion had had a problem properly articulating its vision as it bounced between promoting technology, publishing, and game efforts. The goal as the studio moves forward is to focus on being an entertainment company that does things quickly and well.

But what about folks like former CM James Nichols? Why were they let go? Hartsman couldn't comment on individual cases, but he did want to stress two things: One, that he is a huge fan of everyone who's worked at Trion, past and present, and two, that it's business, not personal.

"A lot of it comes down to making sure that we are the right size for the business that we are so that we can begin to grow healthy again. It's not personal, and it's not a commentary on any specific individual," Hartsman said.

-----------------------------------

Like a ravenous hellbug, Defiance might've bitten off more than it could chew. Since he's come back, Hartsman identified three core issues that have kept the game from becoming an MMO superstar. The biggest problem, he said, is that the scope of the game is far larger than the team could handle. Add on a fixed launch date and the "massive unknown" of collaborating with a television show, and it's been a difficult project to keep on track.

That said, Hartsman believes that Defiance has a good core and a promising future. Right now the team is transitioning from the recently closed San Diego studio to the Redwood City location, and Hartsman said that effort is being made to keep as many team members as possible in the move.

"It's up to us to make the game a hell of a lot better," he explained, going on to say that the team is committed to DLC but is also exploring "exciting" ideas to weave in as well.

-----------------------------------

So what's going on with End of Nations, the MMORTS-turned-MOBA-turned-stalled-project? Scott Hartsman said that the team is currently evaluating the title and its future, although the alpha test continues and a team lingers in San Diego to work on it. After coming back to the studio, Hartsman got to play a bit of the revamped title and said that he had 10 times more fun with this iteration than the old game.

"We're still exploring and transitioning," he said, promising more information once the dust settles.

-----------------------------

When oh when is ArcheAge coming to the west? It's the question Hartsman knew we had to ask, and the long and the short of it is that he doesn't know. To go with his philosophy of being a great partner to developers, Hartsman and his company are adamant that they don't pressure XLGAMES into launching before everything is absolutely ready.

"We are ready to catch it as soon as we're both satisfied it's in the best shape that can possibly be," he said.

Personally, Hartsman loves the title and can't wait to let players get in on the fun. He's attracted to the fact that ArcheAge encourages players to both compete and cooperate. When it comes to finding the right balance of hand-holding and freedom that a title like this needs to draw in as many people as possible, he says has to trust that XLGAMES knows what it's doing.

Getting the game into beta will be telling and immensely helpful, Hartsman knows, but he also sees ArcheAge as benefiting from all of the effort and feedback that's gone into the live version overseas: "We need to get games improved based on what's being experienced."

-----------------------------

On the RIFT homefront, Hartsman could not be more pleased. He said that one of the first things he did when he returned was to sit and observe the team, and all he could think is, "Holy crap, [they] grew up good." He had nothing but good things to say about the way the team is operating the game, the roadmap for the future, and especially the free-to-play conversion.

Free-to-play has propelled RIFT into an entirely new tier of operation. While he couldn't give numbers, Hartsman said the game is making "vastly" more money than before and has the largest monthly player population it's ever had.

He wanted to clarify that he isn't for or against free-to-play; for him, it's all about finding the right fit for the right model. Hartsman said that for a game to go F2P, the audience has to be interested in it, the game has to be modified to work with it just right, and there need to be enough resources to do it. He praised the decisions that the RIFT team made with this F2P model, saying that Trion chose absolutely right in ensuring that players felt good about what they bought instead of buying to alleviate pain.

"I would say that RIFT is the most successful F2P conversion that's ever been done because the team went deep and thoughtful about the best way to do that," he said.

What the future holds for RIFT is still a mystery -- Hartsman wouldn't spill details of the roadmap -- but he's certain that it will thrill fans of the game.

---------------------------------

In his early assessment of Trion's strengths, Hartsman identified three "bright points" that gave him great hope for the future. The first was the RIFT F2P conversion, the second was seeing an opportunity to make Defiance far better, and the third was realizing potential that ArcheAge holds. From these, he's launching forward with initiatives and ideas.

While he's racing around doing a lot of internal conversations with Trion employees, Hartsman does carve out a little time here and there to game. He rattled off a list of titles that he's enjoyed in the past month, including RIFT, Defiance, End of Nations, Minecraft, Cube World, Borderlands 1 and 2, FTL, and plenty of tablet games. It's obvious that he's not just a guy who runs a games company; he's an avid gamer as well.

Soon Scott Hartsman will be addressing the community at large with more specific plans for the future of Trion's flock, but until then he wants to communicate that there's a bright future ahead for this company. "I think there's a lot to be excited about, honestly," he said.

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

Machai posted:

We went ahead and said "gently caress it, lets bring our two best chloros, the defiler, the puri, our third-string warrior tank (who is DPS in all 20-man fights requiring only two tanks), the bard/tact and a mix of our high and mid tier non-warrior DPS".

The second group is our third best chloro, two main tanks (cleric and rogue), 1-2 clerics (group one took three out of like five guild clerics) neither of which has much if any defiler experience and like one that actually heals regularly, the archon(?), warrior DPS (mostly melee) and crazy rogue DPS that prefers melee. I wish group two luck in having enough purges for Kyzan (we have two marksman and two inquisitors).

Group one will be trying Salvarola with our third/fourth tier tanks, warrior and rogue respectively, and maybe having the top cleric DPS (also generally the top DPS of the group) tank in place of the warrior (who can probably do comparable DPS, I have not run DPS meters in forever). For heals we will have or two best chloros to choose from as well as the defiler and the puri. Sounds like fun.

Defilers can build a spec for purging

61 Defiler / 12 Inquisitor / 3 Sent or 3 Puri (spell power vs sign of wrath)

I use this on kyzan and goloch regularly.

Machai
Feb 21, 2013

Zoness posted:

Defilers can build a spec for purging

61 Defiler / 12 Inquisitor / 3 Sent or 3 Puri (spell power vs sign of wrath)

I use this on kyzan and goloch regularly.

We don't run Defiler on Kyzan, I just run 61inq/15def to help cleanse. For Goloch we have plenty of purges so I just run my 61def/10cab/5inq. In fact, that is the only Defiler spec I ever use. In 20s we always have plenty of purges and stuff and I only have to throw heals at the tanks occasionally because we have some excellent tank healers.

The only time I am not doing all out dps as Defiler is during Crucia (robot then help spot heal /cleanse in last phase) and Reggi.

shut up gelly
Oct 27, 2011

Machai posted:

i dont think a cleric tank is necessary for salvarola if you have a rogue/vk tank that is quick enough to pick up the adds. a good voidknight also does make managing the wisp infinitely easier (unstable reaction). group damage on salvarola is pretty average (unless your dps insist on running through fragments during lord phase) but tank damage can get nuts during the add phase.

also if your warriors are dpsing, make them stay in melee during soul incineration! too many warriors are content with spamming shock pulse from the sidelines, but if you have a rudimentary addon like rangehelper you can avoid any unnecessary deaths. i usually run paragon or warlord on that fight too, because of the runspeed cd/no permission to die

RudyBrah
Sep 27, 2010
Fubs and Koloth would like to join. Posting as requested.

mr. nobody
Sep 25, 2004

Net contents 12 fluid oz.
For Fubs; cleric levelling guide (if there's a better one, please post it!)

http://rift.junkiesnation.com/2012/11/25/storm-legion-cleric-leveling-guide-the-energizer/

edit: warrior build/guide for solo/levelling

http://forums.riftgame.com/game-dis...ng-50-60-a.html

For this warrior one I suggest putting the first 16-18 points into Champion, then switching focus over to Warlord, because until you get that many points into champion you'll have 0 AE abilities and it sucks but level 15-17 will come quickly enough

also, for the macros they post in the guides, you can put a // at the beginning of any line of a macro that you don't want to use, then remove the // when you level high enough to get the ability

mr. nobody fucked around with this message at 01:54 on Aug 24, 2013

Black Pants
Jan 16, 2008

Such comfortable, magical pants!
Lipstick Apathy
You get the expansion content for free but still need to buy the Storm Legion souls from the Rift Store for about $20 worth of credits. In doing so you'll probably be put very close to clearing the first tier of Loyalty, so there's that too. Getting to the second tier of Loyalty nets you a 110% speed mount you can use from level 1.

One thing to pay attention to is where you collect things the Rift Store gives you. Up in the top right when you first open it (key is ]) you'll see a box with stuff you can claim. Each day you log in you'll get a box from there with a free random artifact.

Uh, as Stumbly mentioned there's a set of presets you can choose which will tell you where to put your points each level but they are, in my opinion, too broadly focused and you'll end up taking stuff you probably don't need for just say, questing or healing a 5-man. They are good for getting a feel of the various soul combinations though.

As for healing itself, what I've found in my experience is the best early-game healing comes from focusing on Warden with a touch of Sentinel. Warden is the water HoT soul, and is very, very much like Resto Druid healing. Sentinel has instant life-based heals and healing buffs, while Purifier has shields and powerful but long-cast fire-based heals. With more talent points Purifier probably gets better but if you focus on it at say level 15-20, you'll just have shields that absorb maybe a single hit, and heals that take 3 seconds to cast. YMMV though, so try all of them, respeccing is cheap.

Edit: wtf, I thought I refreshed before typing this.

Machai
Feb 21, 2013

Started leveling my mage up to 60 and transferred her to DW to hang out with goons. Requesting an invite on Machaia

OneEightHundred
Feb 28, 2008

Soon, we will be unstoppable!
So since they completely retooled the Cleric healing souls, what are they for now? Warden for raid, Purifier for tank, and Sentinel for PvP or something?

do u believe in marigolds
Sep 13, 2007

OneEightHundred posted:

So since they completely retooled the Cleric healing souls, what are they for now? Warden for raid, Purifier for tank, and Sentinel for PvP or something?

Looks like it.

RudyBrah
Sep 27, 2010

mr. nobody posted:

For Fubs, cleric/warrior guides...

Thanks so much for the guides. Im starting to get a better grip on the game.

Koloth, my warrior counterpart, is becoming quite discouraged that Fubs, my cleric, is smashing things way harder than her warrior can. Do warriors start "smashing poo poo" soon? Does it get better?

My take on it is that since its a combo based class, Koloth just needs to wait until they get more abilities.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Black Pants posted:

You get the expansion content for free but still need to buy the Storm Legion souls from the Rift Store for about $20 worth of credits. In doing so you'll probably be put very close to clearing the first tier of Loyalty, so there's that too. Getting to the second tier of Loyalty nets you a 110% speed mount you can use from level 1.

One thing to pay attention to is where you collect things the Rift Store gives you. Up in the top right when you first open it (key is ]) you'll see a box with stuff you can claim. Each day you log in you'll get a box from there with a free random artifact.

Uh, as Stumbly mentioned there's a set of presets you can choose which will tell you where to put your points each level but they are, in my opinion, too broadly focused and you'll end up taking stuff you probably don't need for just say, questing or healing a 5-man. They are good for getting a feel of the various soul combinations though.

As for healing itself, what I've found in my experience is the best early-game healing comes from focusing on Warden with a touch of Sentinel. Warden is the water HoT soul, and is very, very much like Resto Druid healing. Sentinel has instant life-based heals and healing buffs, while Purifier has shields and powerful but long-cast fire-based heals. With more talent points Purifier probably gets better but if you focus on it at say level 15-20, you'll just have shields that absorb maybe a single hit, and heals that take 3 seconds to cast. YMMV though, so try all of them, respeccing is cheap.

Edit: wtf, I thought I refreshed before typing this.

Are all the claim items only once per account? There's a couple of veteran's rewards in there that I already get on every character.

mr. nobody
Sep 25, 2004

Net contents 12 fluid oz.

RudyBrah posted:

Koloth, my warrior counterpart, is becoming quite discouraged that Fubs, my cleric, is smashing things way harder than her warrior can. Do warriors start "smashing poo poo" soon? Does it get better?

Warriors are weapon dependent for their damage; clerics' weapons are only stat sticks, spells autoupgrade as you level.

Macdeo: the claim items in the store window that are daily/weekly are once per account, the veteran/loyalty rewards are per character

StumblyWumbly
Sep 12, 2007

Batmanticore!

OneEightHundred posted:

Sent is great for experts, too. Enough tank healing and the small aoe it gives is enough for a 5 group. You will have to use cooldowns tho.

Latroc
Mar 22, 2004
Repent!

Requesting invites for Azile, Anzo, Vot, and Corppor, please and thank you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goldjas
Feb 22, 2009

I HATE ALL FORMS OF FUN AND ENTERTAINMENT. I HATE BEAUTY. I AM GOLDJAS.
Bad post so editing away.

goldjas fucked around with this message at 02:34 on Aug 27, 2013

• Locked thread