Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rookersh
Aug 19, 2010

MailboxFullOfBombs posted:

I did all the loyalty missions, and the credits showed sketches of the Saints traveling through time messing with a bunch of different historical figures.

Then you had the good ending.

The good ending is really simple. Have everyone loyal by Grand Finale. Both Kinzie and the achievement spell this out. That's why the Saints helped you, it was the good ending.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump
Just beat the game a little while ago and I honestly think it peaked around the point where you're doing all the rescue and loyalty missions. The later stuff was cool but not as unique as that section and the fights got a little tedious. I'm not sure if I disliked the 'hold Y at some node for 5 seconds while things constantly spawn around you' or 'shoot boss guy thousands of times while he spawns stuff all around you' parts more, but whenever those came up they were the worst parts of the game. (well, besides rifts which are universally terrible but can be avoided mostly)

That said, some of the late game story stuff was great. I laughed my rear end off when Keith David betrays you. I honestly don't know how I didn't see that coming.

Overall this is one of the best games I've played in a long time. The first few missions and the rescue missions are especially amazing.

Rookersh posted:

Then you had the good ending.

The good ending is really simple. Have everyone loyal by Grand Finale. Both Kinzie and the achievement spell this out. That's why the Saints helped you, it was the good ending.

Do I need to do the entire last mission over again to get that or just the last objective? I still didn't power up kinzie before finishing the game.

Lucinice
Feb 15, 2012

You look tired. Maybe you should stop posting.

Lucinice posted:

Yeah I'm way past there, I got the pre order bonuses but not the season pass weapon.

AAAAAAAAND I somehow just got it in game, weird.

Zaa Boogie
Sep 13, 2007

"Suckle on this receptacle!"
Hahaha, the Playboy Shaundi picture is in the 3rd Street Church when you do Ben King's rescue mission.

Volition, you is all sorts of hilarity.

Rookersh
Aug 19, 2010

Good Citizen posted:

Do I need to do the entire last mission over again to get that or just the last objective? I still didn't power up kinzie before finishing the game.

You need to have everyone loyal preGrand Finale.

So no Saints backup for you then? Did your Saints travel through time, or did it just end with Boss on the throne. Did you get the Jane Austen ending as well? Curious what changes.

Mr Wind Up Bird
Jan 23, 2004

i'm a goddamn coward
but then again so are you

Zaa Boogie posted:

Hahaha, the Playboy Shaundi picture is in the 3rd Street Church when you do Ben King's rescue mission.

I think someone in the white house is looking at it too at the start of the game. I know it shows up before then.

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

Rookersh posted:

You need to have everyone loyal preGrand Finale.

So no Saints backup for you then? Did your Saints travel through time, or did it just end with Boss on the throne. Did you get the Jane Austen ending as well? Curious what changes.

The saints backed me up during the final fight with the Alien King but I think they were inside Cid bots? After the boss sits on the throne there's a dance party where each member does a little dance ending with Alien King guy doing the worm. Roll Credits.

Orv
May 4, 2011

Protocol7 posted:

Just wait until you bodyslam toilets.

Rookersh
Aug 19, 2010

Good Citizen posted:

The saints backed me up during the final fight with the Alien King but I think they were inside Cid bots? After the boss sits on the throne there's a dance party where each member does a little dance ending with Alien King guy doing the worm. Roll Credits.

In my ending The Saints came dressed in full superhero attire on Zin speederbikes. They landed on the platforms, and started beating the murderbots back so I could take out the generators.

It ended with Zinya telling us that the Earth was broken beyond fixing, but Zinyak had developed Time Travel. So Pierce asks if they could use it. Que the credits, which showed drawings on the side of the Saints messing up history, Kenzie taking all the major female icon roles, Pierce branding everything from the Great Wall to DC, Gat joining Khan for fun, etc.

After the credits, they showed the Boss getting brought before the remaining humans, which Zinyak had saved through time travel. He then let's out Jane Austen, who is shown to be a Saint/the Narrator.

Stroth
Mar 31, 2007

All Problems Solved

Crappy Jack posted:

So surely somebody out there has to have some tips for the Speed Rift challenges or whatever, right? I've managed to get silvers but for the life of me I cannot figure out what kind of strategy I should be employing aside from collecting orbs and trying not to hit things.

ABC: Always Be Charging. It doubles the value of the collectibles and lets you get points for smashing barriers. So don't save it up. If there's anything there for you to hit then turn it on.

KillerQueen
Jul 13, 2010

Hey, a couple friends of mine are streaming now. Or audio is probably hosed? Who knows.
Come on in if you wanna laugh at nerds.
http://www.twitch.tv/madcapmachinations

Cael
Feb 2, 2004

I get this funky high on the yellow sun.

I would kill for a simple animated GIF of the Boss just walking around in a circle from right when you enter the 1950s sim. Something about the "haters gonna hate" style walk just makes me crack up.

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

Rookersh posted:

In my ending The Saints came dressed in full superhero attire on Zin speederbikes. They landed on the platforms, and started beating the murderbots back so I could take out the generators.

It ended with Zinya telling us that the Earth was broken beyond fixing, but Zinyak had developed Time Travel. So Pierce asks if they could use it. Que the credits, which showed drawings on the side of the Saints messing up history, Kenzie taking all the major female icon roles, Pierce branding everything from the Great Wall to DC, Gat joining Khan for fun, etc.

After the credits, they showed the Boss getting brought before the remaining humans, which Zinyak had saved through time travel. He then let's out Jane Austen, who is shown to be a Saint/the Narrator.

Weird, I looked up the good ending on youtube and none of them show drawings of the Saints time traveling during the credits. It just shows pictures of the dev team. Everything else you mentioned is there but I can't find a video of them going through time

KoB
May 1, 2009
Well then that wasnt the good ending.

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

KoB posted:

Well then that wasnt the good ending.

Well the one I watched had several of the things he mentioned that weren't in my version, but just that one part was missing. Maybe there's more than 2 variations of the ending and more is required for that one?

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Please tell me there's a non-Mayhem Mech Suit somewhere in the open world.

QQmore
Jan 10, 2010

Cael posted:

I would kill for a simple animated GIF of the Boss just walking around in a circle from right when you enter the 1950s sim. Something about the "haters gonna hate" style walk just makes me crack up.

That strut was cracking me up the entire time.

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

get meow this wack-ass crystal prison
Anyone looking for a co-op partner? Add me on Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/serewit/

Dominic White
Nov 1, 2005

poptart_fairy posted:

Please tell me there's a non-Mayhem Mech Suit somewhere in the open world.

Yes and no.
It's a completion reward. And it has its own upgrade tree.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 14 days!

FirstPersonShitter posted:

Can you unlock Shaundi's outfit? I have fun shaundi's outfit but I dunno if I wanna do a bunch more stuff for regular shaundi just for the minethrower arm if there isn't another unlock after that

Yeah, do Fun Shaundi's side quest branch. I really want that hair piece as a separate item :D

Stanko-Prussian
May 22, 2006

CLEAN YOUR ROOM!, 'they' said.
DO YOUR HOMEWORK!, 'they' said.
WHY ARE YOU IN LOVE WITH A CARTOON PONY, 'they' said.
FOR GODSAKE! STOP SHOWING US YOUR BLACKHOLE'!! 'they' said.

When I lit the match....STOP SCREAMING, 'I' said
Saint's Row: Spaghetti and Coconuts

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich

Dominic White posted:

Yes and no.
It's a completion reward. And it has its own upgrade tree.

oh my god i must obtain this immediately

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
I have one thing to say about this game. It is the first game to ever do a 'romance' properly.

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
the dubstep gun is loving amazing.

Also I just unlocked the JUST KIDDING I CAN'T DO SPOILERS APPARENTLY. Does it play music?

Thumbtacks fucked around with this message at 01:37 on Aug 22, 2013

Cold Milk Bottle
Nov 19, 2012
^How about editing that for those of us who would like to not know what that is yet?

Is loving everyone a part of 100% completion?

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013

Cold Milk Bottle posted:

^How about editing that for those of us who would like to not know what that is yet?

My bad, forgot the spoiler code. It's not a big spoiler, though.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Am I the first to notice the Total Recall reference? Take a look at the female statues holding globes around Steelport. They have an extra "asset". :haw:

Quebec Bagnet
Apr 28, 2009

mess with the honk
you get the bonk
Lipstick Apathy
Oh man, the 'Merica is definitely my favorite weapon so far. It sounds like fireworks :allears:

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

I died laughing at the very end. This game will not shut the gently caress up about Jane Austen and I love it for it.

Crappy Jack
Nov 21, 2005

We got some serious shit to discuss.

Cold Milk Bottle posted:

I don't think it's required for completion, but there's an achievement for each character for doing all their quests and romancing them.

If there's any problem I have with the ending, it's that I wish they did something to acknowledge that you beat the game in the postgame. I mean, yeah, there's more unlocks and stuff for you to mess around with, but it just always skeeves me out in games like this when characters are still around and keep repeating the same stuff forever and ever. Come to think of it, you know what would've been great? Switching out the ship hub for Zinyak's throne room. Other than that, a phenomenal game, but I just always get this weird feeling when it gets more and more obvious that I'm hitting the end of the content in the game.

EDIT: Really though, I just need Idolninja to get that mission replay working so I can go back to hanging out with my homies and I'm all set.

Crappy Jack fucked around with this message at 02:11 on Aug 22, 2013

Zero_Tactility
Nov 25, 2007

Look into my eyes.
There were tons of great bits in the climax/ending, but I can not get over how much I loved the payoff to the robot/power armor argument followed by 'The Touch' kicking in as you suit up.

EDIT:

Crappy Jack posted:

If there's any problem I have with the ending, it's that I wish they did something to acknowledge that you beat the game in the postgame. I mean, yeah, there's more unlocks and stuff for you to mess around with, but it just always skeeves me out in games like this when characters are still around and keep repeating the same stuff forever and ever. Come to think of it, you know what would've been great? Switching out the ship hub for Zinyak's throne room.

Agreed, that bugged me too. I would have settled for just a quick dialog line saying something like "We did it! I guess we've got nothing to do but hang out here for a while." It wouldn't need to be elaborate, but just some minor acknowledgement would have been nice.

Zero_Tactility fucked around with this message at 02:09 on Aug 22, 2013

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 14 days!
Another mod idea as I can't seem to find the modding thread (was there one?): Would it be possible to give the pulse rifle the proper sound effect?

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

Haha, shutting down a hotspot, Laura Bailey said "Shut it down! Shut it down FOREVER!" just like the guys in Dark City. Nice to know they're referencing more than just the Matrix.

Clitch
Feb 26, 2002

I lived through
Donald Trump's presidency
and all I got was
this lousy virus
I have to say, Laura Bailey really gets this game. Her delivery in Asha's rescue mission was just perfect. It helps that the entire mission is such a good parody.

Crappy Jack
Nov 21, 2005

We got some serious shit to discuss.

Clitch posted:

I have to say, Laura Bailey really gets this game. Her delivery in Asha's rescue mission was just perfect. It helps that the entire mission is such a good parody.

I keep meaning to try out other characters, but something about Bailey's performance is just so drat fitting for these games, it's hard to swap out. I can totally understand the people who are bummed about losing Russian Boss, because man, when/if whatever the next Saints Row thing is, if I can't play a Laura Bailey boss, it's gonna be hard.

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

You are being watched. :allears:
Am I the only one that finds it kind of weird that your 'color' in simulated Steelport is neon blue instead of Saints purple?

Jetamo
Nov 8, 2012

alright.

alright, mate.

Zaa Boogie posted:

Mr Wind Up Bird posted:

I think someone in the white house is looking at it too at the start of the game. I know it shows up before then.

Keith David has it in the two cutscenes involving the Mech Suit in the ship

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
As always, Male 3 is the best voice. :colbert:

WarLocke posted:

Am I the only one that finds it kind of weird that your 'color' in simulated Steelport is neon blue instead of Saints purple?

I was thinking that as well, but I figured it was one of two things:

- Red/Blue are iconic colors. If Red represents the Bad Guy, Blue represents Freed From The Bad Guy.
- Seeing that much purple on-screen would become garish.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brick Shipment
Jun 22, 2009

Are there higher res versions of the sketches that show up during the good ending credits?
Especially the one of the Saints riding dinosaurs :allears:

• Locked thread