Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
polish sausage
Oct 26, 2010

Crappy Jack posted:

I took a day off work on release, and the following day our office was closed. That was two full days of playing. And it wasn't my fault, the game was just so good I couldn't help myself. I'm weak.

Yeah, my new job doesn't start until september 3rd so I really had nothing else to do but lush around and play video games. clocked a good 20 hours and tried to do extra stuff but in the end i just gave in and finished it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

What happens if you choose the red door? I went blue because gently caress that liar

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos

Kilometers Davis posted:

What happens if you choose the red door? I went blue because gently caress that liar

Well...

Game abruptly cuts to the credits and they make fun of you for making the wrong decision. As you guess, it basically said Zinyak lied to you. I thought it was pretty hilarious.

ShadowMar
Mar 2, 2010

HERE IS A
GRAVEYARD
OF YOU!

Kilometers Davis posted:

The credits roll and the game makes fun of you for doing that then it restarts the mission at the two doors and you get an achievement.

Mr. Baps
Apr 16, 2008

Yo ho?

Kilometers Davis posted:

Credits roll, after which you get a "MISSION FAILED: Zinyak Lied" screen and it drops you back in the room with the red and blue doors.

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

Kilometers Davis posted:

You get credits and then a game over screen saying "Zinyak lied." plus an achievement.

e: fourth! :argh:

jonjonaug
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax

Kilometers Davis posted:

The credits roll and you get a "game over restart from last checkpoint" screen.

Zero_Tactility
Nov 25, 2007

Look into my eyes.

Kilometers Davis posted:

You get a cheevo ("You chose... poorly"), the game tells you that you're an idiot and it drops you back at the checkpoint immediately before you chose.

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

gently caress me, I think this is the first time I actually wish I had gotten the Season Pass.

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
Do people actually use Female 2/3 for voices? Laura Bailey just nails it, I can't see my Boss any other way.

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

Thumbtacks posted:

Do people actually use Female 2/3 for voices? Laura Bailey just nails it, I can't see my Boss any other way.

Laura Bailey nails it but I'm going to have to replay this game at least once to see more voices.

Nolan North will get his own playthrough.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

:lol: Thank you guys for the answer train. I can't wait for another play through.

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
Nolan North is getting his own playthrough but it's going to be as patriotic as it can possibly be. Shirtless with flag tattoos everywhere, a giant eagle head, the red white and blue bat...and lots of suplexes.

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

You are being watched. :allears:

Speedball posted:

gently caress me, I think this is the first time I actually wish I had gotten the Season Pass.

You can still buy the Season Pass (in fact I am about to), and AFAIK it's also the only way to get the Rectifier.

unseenlibrarian
Jun 4, 2012

There's only one thing in the mountains that leaves a track like this. The creature of legend that roams the Timberline. My people named him Sasquatch. You call him... Bigfoot.
I am using female voice 3, because, while not as sarcastic as Laura Bailey, she's just so hilariously southern and genteel while also swearing at all the same places as the other boss voices.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Thumbtacks posted:

Nolan North is getting his own playthrough but it's going to be as patriotic as it can possibly be. Shirtless with flag tattoos everywhere, a giant eagle head, the red white and blue bat...and lots of suplexes.

Don't forget the Merica gun from the pre-order and it's matching eagle plane. Man I love that plane, it so useful for virus injections as I don't have to deal with waiting on my super powers to recharge or gathering health orbs.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe

Rirse posted:

Man I love that plane, it so useful for virus injections as I don't have to deal with waiting on my super powers to recharge or gathering health orbs.

I switched it out for the chrome void, personally. That thing is just so stylish.

Bedurndurn
Dec 4, 2008

Mokinokaro posted:

I switched it out for the chrome void, personally. That thing is just so stylish.

But does it flap? Case closed!

DMW45
Oct 29, 2011

Come into my parlor~
Said the spider to the fly~
Quick question because I didn't see it in the challenges area, how do you unlock the mech suit in free play? It's... really awesome.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe

BenRGamer posted:

Quick question because I didn't see it in the challenges area, how do you unlock the mech suit in free play? It's... really awesome.

Beat the story.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
Postin' bosses. This just makes so many interactions so much funnier to me.

http://i.imgur.com/zPzM3SS.jpg

Linked it in case your work place doesn't like big purple floppy dicks.

J Detan
Apr 24, 2008

Wir haben uns zu Meistern der Wissenschaft!

Grimey Drawer
Hey, quick followup on the "stuck on a loading screen for all eternity" issue: the folder WAS read only, and changing it fixed the issue, so thanks to whoever suggested that!

Achozen
Jun 28, 2007

I never asked for all that power.

So I'm doing the final mission, and I'm at the part where you get the power armor and jump and have to navigate through the tunnel, and I don't know why but I'm suddenly very bad at playing and keep hitting into walls and dying. I had the same sort of trouble with The Real World when flying the ship, but I didn't fail at that nearly as much. I'm getting frustrated because the game already froze once during this mission and I'm not in the mood to play through all of that again. Any tips?

Edit: Nevermind, I'm just an idiot and wasn't being aggressive enough. :downs:

Achozen fucked around with this message at 19:12 on Aug 22, 2013

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
So I can't find it while searching the thread but I know that I saw someone else had the same issue with the Shaudi loyaty mission where you're supposed to hit the Y button to kill DJVC but, for some reason, it won't recognize that you're hitting it. How do you fix the bug? I'm playing on PC with a 360 controller.

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

I'm interplanetary, bitch
Let's go to Mars

lelandjs posted:

you're supposed to hit the Y button to kill DJVC but, for some reason, it won't recognize that you're hitting it.

Try in front of him.

Smart Car
Mar 31, 2011

It worked without any problems with KB+M, I believe the button for it was E? Try hitting that instead of using the controller maybe that'll help.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe
Avoid using stomp/blast near him.

Also, try executing his DJ booth instead. That sometimes works.

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Sir Unimaginative posted:

Try in front of him.

*facepalm* I can't believe that, in any of the six times I tried restarting the level and messing the graphics settings, I didn't once try that.

Thanks!

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

If I let the game idle, will my cache transfer account keep growing or will it cap out?

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness
I'm really not enjoying the rifts so far, they seem to be much harder than the non-rift activities and they drag on forever.

Bovineicide
May 2, 2005

Eating your face since 1991.

Inzombiac posted:

If I let the game idle, will my cache transfer account keep growing or will it cap out?

It caps out really fast. Why would you want to idle in this game :confused:

I was so disappointed when I found out the one character you can't romance is motherfucking KEITH DAVID. The other romances have been more than making up for it, though.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
Is there some "romance" part to it that I'm missing?

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Bovineicide posted:

It caps out really fast. Why would you want to idle in this game :confused:

Because I work 10 hours a day and have precious little time to play games. Just wanted to fast track some upgrades.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos

Samurai Sanders posted:

Nvm. Misunderstood the question. Haha.

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
I think Cid might be my favorite new companion.

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness

Inzombiac posted:

Because I work 10 hours a day and have precious little time to play games. Just wanted to fast track some upgrades.

There is 2 dollar DLC that they sell for that, tho it might not be what you're looking for as that just unlocks everything at once from what I understand.

FalseShockWorker
Jan 28, 2009
Where can I buy the sweet Road Warrior shoulder pads? I thought they were called the "Apoc" something in the IS, but I checked every clothing store and all I can find is the "Apoc Shirt" which is isn't the same at all.

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

I'm interplanetary, bitch
Let's go to Mars

Some stuff didn't make it out of the Inauguration Station.

Also there's only four unique clothing stores (there just happens to be a lot of one of them) and anything involving the shoulders would be either Upper Body or Suits.

Samurai Sanders posted:

I'm pretty sure they're available immediately.

QQmore
Jan 10, 2010
I'm having an issue with missing death from above. Did Coop where I got the Homie unlocked in my own game but neither of the skills. So now I have a training mission for a skill I can't use.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Sir Unimaginative posted:

I'm pretty sure they're available immediately.
You probably misunderstood my question same as Shindragon did. When I hit the "romance" button what I get is Hey Kinzie, wanna gently caress?" *PUNCH* "Let's do this!" which stretches the definition of romance a bit. Oh well, different strokes for different folks I guess.

edit: I laughed so hard at her reaction, after going through all of Keith's rejections.

Samurai Sanders fucked around with this message at 19:34 on Aug 22, 2013

• Locked thread