Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!

Coffee And Pie posted:

Oh look

It's a picture of the 30ft pole I'm not going to touch this with.

If the kid goes feral, I will use a similar tool to feed him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

karms
Jan 22, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Yam Slacker

Judakel posted:

If the kid goes feral, I will use a similar tool to feed him.

LuLu Lemon® FeedingStick

Nativity In Black
Oct 24, 2012

If you're gonna have roads, you're gonna have roadkill.

McKilligan posted:

Everyone should watch Pom Poko.

When I was in college AMC did a Studio Ghibli celebration. A friend and I were watching this in our dorm with the door open, and the spergiest dude we knew walked in. He also happened to be a furry. It was really weird, but we were too nice to tell him to GTFO, so we pretended to not know what was going on and watched it when it re-ran a couple of hours later.

Super-NintendoUser
Jan 16, 2004

COWABUNGERDER COMPADRES
Soiled Meat

SheepNameKiller posted:

Yeah it's a leash, if you're going to put your kid on a tether at least have a sense of humor about it.

On a serious note, I have a two year old, and I use a monkey backpack all the time. It's impractical to always carry him, and he wants to be down on the ground walking on his own. It's impossible to keep an eye on him every second, so it makes sense to keep a hold of him with the leash. Once you are parent and try to keep control of a two year old in a public area you'll understand why a leash is not a bad idea.

Aston
Nov 19, 2007

Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay

Judakel posted:

I got my kid a muzzle just on the off chance he bites anyone. I'd prefer not to have to keep an eye on him too closely. My hispanic nanny wasn't available last weekend and it was an absolute nightmare. Little brat almost stained my yoga pants while we were out.

Best way to avoid this is have a little house in the garden which you can put him in when you're not home.

Ultimate Shrek Fan
May 2, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Aston posted:

Best way to avoid this is have a little house in the garden which you can put him in when you're not home.

But that's what the crate is for.

lushka16
Apr 8, 2003

Doctor of Love
College Slice

Wait... can we come back to this? Where is this from?

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

And what's with the incorrect dating

CatStacking
Jan 9, 2010

~A Purely Preposterous Pussy~

Captain Trips posted:

You have a few extra words there. hth

I was gonna say the same except go with "kids are surprisingly stupid."

Captain Trips
May 23, 2013
The sudden reminder that I have no fucking clue what I'm talking about
I considered that, but it's really not that surprising.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

lushka16 posted:

Wait... can we come back to this? Where is this from?
An actual IB English course book.

SomeJazzyRat
Nov 2, 2012

Hmmm...

Jerk McJerkface posted:

On a serious note, I have a two year old, and I use a monkey backpack all the time. It's impractical to always carry him, and he wants to be down on the ground walking on his own. It's impossible to keep an eye on him every second, so it makes sense to keep a hold of him with the leash. Once you are parent and try to keep control of a two year old in a public area you'll understand why a leash is not a bad idea.

On this note, my father likes to tell me and my brothers the story of when he took us to our local mall and all three of us went running in different directions as soon as we walked in.

I'm pretty sure that he would've killed for a leash right then.

SomeJazzyRat has a new favorite as of 18:06 on Aug 22, 2013

Blackmage Yapo
Mar 27, 2008

Odin You Sad I Have
All The SPP

Palpek posted:

An actual IB English course book.

poo poo I wish I could have had this for IB English. We had to read Dostoyevsky and poo poo.

Picture unrelated:

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE

Jerk McJerkface posted:

This, non-parents give me dirty looks when I have my kid on his monkey backpack. One idiot hipster even tried to untie the leash from the street sign, I had to run out of the restaurant my wife and I were at and chase after him before he ran into the street.

You tied your kid to a street sign while you and your wife ate inside a restaurant?

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン

Ok Fella posted:

You tied your kid to a street sign while you and your wife ate inside a restaurant?

i hate you.

Captain Trips
May 23, 2013
The sudden reminder that I have no fucking clue what I'm talking about

Ok Fella posted:

Finding a sitter is hard.

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

Ok Fella posted:

You did it! You cracked the code!

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Ok Fella posted:

That's pretty reckless. He should have at least used a U-lock.

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Ok Fella posted:

user on probation
Nov 1, 2012

removed
I miss the days when only one person felt compelled to :thejoke:

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE
Alright alright I'm dumb, let's move along people!

CatStacking
Jan 9, 2010

~A Purely Preposterous Pussy~

Ok Fella posted:

Well it's just cruel to subject other paying guests to the wailing and gnashing of teeth that comes with bringing a child to a restaurant.

I make sure I always drug my child with gravol first. He can't be trusted...last time we tied him to a street post he chewed clean through his monkey backpack's tail. I'll tell you, there's no worse feeling in the world than that.

I almost felt like a bad parent for a moment, but a nice hobo kept him safe and entertained. :3:

Lucy Heartfilia
May 31, 2012

cuntvalet posted:

Well it's just cruel to subject other paying guests to the wailing and gnashing of teeth that comes with bringing a child to a restaurant.

I make sure I always drug my child with gravol first. He can't be trusted...last time we tied him to a street post he chewed clean through his monkey backpack's tail. I'll tell you, there's no worse feeling in the world than that.

I almost felt like a bad parent for a moment, but a nice hobo kept him safe and entertained. :3:

I think you should be less subtle.

mpyro
Feb 9, 2003

'Cause I live and breathe this Fillydelphia freedom

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

Incoming cringing.

You've been warned.

I finally learned how to not break tables!

Why :(

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

It gets worse. His clever black boxes kept him anonymous for about two seconds. He will never live this down.

mpyro
Feb 9, 2003

'Cause I live and breathe this Fillydelphia freedom

syscall girl posted:

It gets worse. His clever black boxes kept him anonymous for about two seconds. He will never live this down.

I hope it was a joke resume and one he never used.

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.

mpyro posted:

I hope it was a joke resume and one he never used.

If he actually had those internships and jobs he was talking about, then he had to have used a real resume at some point.

LeafyOrb
Jun 11, 2012

DrBouvenstein posted:

If he actually had those internships and jobs he was talking about, then he had to have used a real resume at some point.

Being a brony is a bit like being a stoner, you don't realize how far in you are until you start showing that sweet bong you made to your boss and family.

Male Man
Aug 16, 2008

Im, too sexy for your teatime
Too sexy for your teatime
That tea that you're just driiinkiing

LeafyOrb posted:

Being a brony is a bit like being a stoner, you don't realize how far in you are until you start showing that sweet bong you made to your boss and family.

To be fair it was a pretty sweet bong and my mom said she was proud of me but my boss said I was an idiot because it was a gravity bong which isn't technically a bong because the smoke isn't filtered through water but since then I've been working on a gravity bong bong so I think I'll get the last laugh.

xxEightxx
Mar 5, 2010

Oh, it's true. You are Brock Landers!
Salad Prong

Miltank posted:

:bravo2: I never really got what the big deal is with kids on leashes. Little kids run around a lot and get lost easy, I remember my kid brother got put on a leash when we went to the fair :bravo2:

People think it is a sign of lazy parenting. I think it's an ingenious idea.

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan

xxEightxx posted:

People think it is a sign of lazy parenting. I think it's an ingenious idea.

Do you know who thinks it lazy? People without children or people with grown children.

Edit: funny picture

Aleph Null has a new favorite as of 21:59 on Aug 22, 2013

Darth Freddy
Feb 6, 2007

An Emperor's slightest dislike is transmitted to those who serve him, and there it is amplified into rage.
My kid was always being trouble on long trips till I got them a thunder shirt. All of a sudden they are calm.

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE

Male Man posted:

To be fair it was a pretty sweet bong and my mom said she was proud of me but my boss said I was an idiot because it was a gravity bong which isn't technically a bong because the smoke isn't filtered through water but since then I've been working on a gravity bong bong so I think I'll get the last laugh.

You showed a bong to your boss and your mom?

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Children are dogs with less control over their pooping.

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Ok Fella posted:

You showed a bong to your boss and your mom?

Sir, I'm going to need you to step out of the forum. I strongly detect the presence of stupid in your posting.

Actually I laughed a bit. Good work, shows improvement. :thumbsup:

Groda
Mar 17, 2005

Hair Elf

syscall girl posted:

Sir, I'm going to need you to step out of the forum. I strongly detect the presence of stupid in your posting.

Dees illustrated?

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Groda posted:

Dees illustrated?

You would think so but the lack of his watermark made me look it up and it's actually from here.

Captain Frigate
Apr 30, 2007

you cant have it, you dont have nuff teef to chew it
It's probably bad that I recognized it immediately despite not having seen that particular one before.

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

Nah dude, True American Dog is a modern masterpiece.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE

syscall girl posted:

Baby steps. Baby steps.

• Locked thread