Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
pokeyman
Nov 26, 2006

That elephant ate my entire platoon.

Livingtrope posted:

I'm not sure if this has come up, but can you ignore users in the app?

Nope, it's on the list though!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

What about Siri talk-to-text support? It's my new favorite phone feature and its greyed out here :(

pokeyman
Nov 26, 2006

death .cab for qt posted:

What about Siri talk-to-text support? It's my new favorite phone feature and its greyed out here :(

Does it work in other apps? Awful doesn't do anything to turn that off. Actually I'm not sure it's even possible to turn that off in an app.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Talk to text works for me in Awful.

Well "works". Anything I say needs 5 minutes of repair before it's actually english.

EC
Jul 10, 2001

The Legend
Text to speech via Siri works fine for me in Awful.

Jan 20, 2008

calmer than you are

Working for me!

POCKET CHOMP
Jul 20, 2003

me irl.
I've had that happen in other apps once in a while too, for no rhyme or reason. Force closing the app and restarting it fixed it for me, though.

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

Well, what the hell. Now it works. It was greyed out earlier, but i didn't even force close it. It just works now. :shrug:

My PIN is 4826
Aug 30, 2003

The Siri button on the keyboard comes and goes with your connectivity (put your phone on airplane mode to see). Maybe you were just on a choppy connection?

jaegerx
Sep 10, 2012

Maybe this post will get me on your ignore list!

Is there a way to report in the app in the works or am I just missing it?

Terminal Entropy
Dec 26, 2012

jaegerx posted:

Outside of using the app to post in this thread? There isn't one currently.

pokeyman
Nov 26, 2006

jaegerx posted:

It's on the list. And it's a surprisingly frequent request!

jaegerx
Sep 10, 2012

pokeyman posted:

It's on the list. And it's a surprisingly frequent request!

Fantastic. Gonna go rate the app 5 again. Couldn't live without it.

therattle
Jul 24, 2007
Soiled Meat
I use the app every day and I think it's great. If like to give you some money as a gesture of thanks for the work you've put in. How could I do that?

pokeyman
Nov 26, 2006

I will now open the floor for creative money-spending suggestions.

Diabolik900
Mar 28, 2007

http://starregistry.com/

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

Awful OUYA port.

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

A pool of money so I can shitpost in every forum and buy back my account

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

The Dave posted:

Awful OUYA port.

Oh yes do this.

jaegerx
Sep 10, 2012

If I can browse the forums on my wii I'm not whole. Awful wii app.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

pokeyman posted:

I will now open the floor for creative money-spending suggestions.

Gin.

JHVH-1
Jun 28, 2002
Licensing money so you can have a button that plays "The final countdown" while you browse the forums.

ultramiraculous
Nov 12, 2003

"No..."
Grimey Drawer

JHVH-1 posted:

Licensing money so you can have a button that plays "The final countdown" while you browse the forums.

As long as you have the Final Countdown on your phone, we could probably play it for you without having to license the song. Probably without even asking you! In exchange for the feature, you can send the license money to my slosh fund.

duckfarts
Jul 2, 2010

~ shameful ~

Soiled Meat
Make an Apple-style video trailer for the app.

Chemmy
Feb 4, 2001

Final Countdown in app purchase.

Sereri
Sep 30, 2008

awwwrigami

duckfarts posted:

Make an Apple-style video trailer for the app.

Sorry pokeyman, no more bugfixing until you guys deliver on this. I NEED this.

Smoke Crack
Apr 6, 2009

Oh, sure, sure. I know you. You're gonna keep on saying I'm suave and sophisticated, and then when I start to believe it, then you're gonna say how pointy head I have, and how floppy arms I have, and how dull I am, I know you.
I'm not sure if this has been brought up or not but when you're probated and try to reply to a thread, the app will give you an error message saying the thread is closed.

Oct 15, 2012

Vault Dweller

Smoke Crack posted:

I'm not sure if this has been brought up or not but when you're probated and try to reply to a thread, the app will give you an error message saying the thread is closed.

The threads close without your presence.

pseudonordic
Aug 31, 2003

The Jack of All Trades

Smoke Crack posted:

The effect of probation is that all forum threads are essentially closed for the probated user. App works as designed?

pokeyman
Nov 26, 2006

Smoke Crack posted:

It's on the list!

pseudonordic posted:

The effect of probation is that all forum threads are essentially closed for the probated user. App works as designed?

Well the app can see when you're on probation, so the error message should be more helpful.

Smoke Crack
Apr 6, 2009

Oh, sure, sure. I know you. You're gonna keep on saying I'm suave and sophisticated, and then when I start to believe it, then you're gonna say how pointy head I have, and how floppy arms I have, and how dull I am, I know you.

pokeyman posted:

It's on the list!

Cool dude, thanks! Thanks for developing such an awesome app by the way :unsmith:

Thunderfinger
Jan 15, 2011

1997 posted:

Are you using the one by Regular Berry or Nolan Waite?

Nolan Waite version is the right one.

Never mind, I am an idiot who doesn't know how to app.

Thunderfinger fucked around with this message at 01:51 on Aug 24, 2013

Jan 20, 2008

calmer than you are
Are you using the one by Regular Berry or Nolan Waite?

Nolan Waite version is the right one.

1997 fucked around with this message at 00:26 on Aug 24, 2013

FreshFeesh
Jun 3, 2007

Drum Solo
Bringing it back up, are there plans for an adjustment when your last read post is near the bottom of the page? It had been discussed before.

Example:

pokeyman
Nov 26, 2006

FreshFeesh posted:

Bringing it back up, are there plans for an adjustment when your last read post is near the bottom of the page? It had been discussed before.

Definitely on the list!

BriceFxP
May 16, 2013

Drunk as a Dog
Still love the app, I use it for more than 90% of my usage of the forums.

Are there any plans on allowing us the ability to use the probation links that are placed in a post so we can see the mod comments? Like we con on the normal forums.

Sometimes I like to see the notes for a probate/ban, and not having to scroll through lepers would be nice.

E: Fixed my horrible mobile typing errors.

BriceFxP fucked around with this message at 05:09 on Aug 28, 2013

pokeyman
Nov 26, 2006

BriceFxP posted:

Is there any plans on allowing us the ability to use the probation links that are placed in a post do we can see the mod comments? Like we man on the normal forums.

Sometimes I like to see the notes for a probate/ban, and not having to scroll through lepers would be nice.

It's on the list!

the yeti
Mar 29, 2008

memento disco

It seems as if links in custom titles can't be followed from the user profile screen. That or I've coincidentally tried on one that has blue text that isn't a link.

Terminal Entropy
Dec 26, 2012

Which user has the title you are talking about?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TopherCStone
Feb 27, 2013

I am very important and deserve your attention
I just want to say thanks, this is a great app and I'm glad that you offer it for free. It has made my iPhone about a million times more useful when I'm waiting someplace

• Locked thread