Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem

Zaodai posted:

You wouldn't have the option to escape, though. They wouldn't have completed the objective without the drill.

From my reading they didn't have the option to escape, he just assumed they were nearly finished because of where on the map they were.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

Jabor posted:

From my reading they didn't have the option to escape, he just assumed they were nearly finished because of where on the map they were.

Really of all the parts in the story "dude runs to van because he is confused" seems to be the most straightforward one.

Revenant Threshold
Jan 1, 2008
Someone had been downed in trying to get the drill back from where it'd been put. They'd got the drill back and dumped it inside the bank then went back for him, at which point I spawn with them and assume since we're out in the open on those streets in the middle of an assault that we're escaping, since there's no reason at all to be there (there's not even boards there, I think) unless you're escaping, and an assault means the map's been going on a while. I didn't even look to see if the van was there - everyone else was heading in to get the (apparently) last bag of spoils, it seemed self-evident that we were getting out of there. It wasn't until I got the bag that I realised (even then I had a couple of seconds of "Wait, is this a body ba- wait, what?").

regulargonzalez
Aug 18, 2006
UNGH LET ME LICK THOSE BOOTS DADDY HULU ;-* ;-* ;-* YES YES GIVE ME ALL THE CORPORATE CUMMIES :shepspends: :shepspends: :shepspends: ADBLOCK USERS DESERVE THE DEATH PENALTY, DON'T THEY DADDY?
WHEN THE RICH GET RICHER I GET HORNIER :a2m::a2m::a2m::a2m:

duckfarts posted:

Not the best griefing story, but back when Unreal Tournament came out, I'd play with my friends on whatever CTF server we could find as Clan Yeehaw and with names that ended in Yeehaw. Basically, we set a keybind to make your guy yell "Yeeeeeeehawwwww!", and then we would spam it constantly during a match. Did you capture the flag? Yeehaw! Are you on a kill streak! Yeehaw! Did someone else yeehaw? Yeehaw! It was like popcorn, where one yeehaw would signal a cascade of constant yeehawing for the next minute or so.

Some people thought it was funny and would even join in, but some people got really really mad and tried to hunt is down and typed the expected insults in game chat. We were reasonably good at the time though, so they couldn't do anything and would just eventually quit the server.

In a similar vein (and I may have posted this before), UT would let you assign multiple commands to a button by editing the appropriate ini file and inserting a | between separate commands. A fun grief was to have every movement / action button also say what that key did. So you'd fill the chat box with a continual stream of
Now I am jumping!
Now I am strafing left!
Now I am switching to Rocket Launcher!
Now I am using alternate fire on my weapon!
Now I am jumping!

Given that these were the days before in-game voice chat and the chat window was the only way to coordinate with teammates, it generated lots of rage. Especially in the more team-oriented modes.

BabyFur Denny
Mar 18, 2003

regulargonzalez posted:

In a similar vein (and I may have posted this before), UT would let you assign multiple commands to a button by editing the appropriate ini file and inserting a | between separate commands. A fun grief was to have every movement / action button also say what that key did. So you'd fill the chat box with a continual stream of
Now I am jumping!
Now I am strafing left!
Now I am jumping!

Given that these were the days before in-game voice chat and the chat window was the only way to coordinate with teammates, it generated lots of rage. Especially in the more team-oriented modes.

There also was no way to mute players or votekick somebody back in those days. If there was no admin around (and there usually wasn't) there's nothing they could do.

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

regulargonzalez posted:

Now I am jumping!
Now I am strafing left!
Now I am jumping!

In Team Fortress 2 there is an item you can use called a Noise Maker. It lets out a really loud, obnoxious party favor noise and throws out a bunch of confetti around you. Now normally you can only use these items 25 times before you've used it up forever. However there are a couple special variants you can use endlessly on certain days (on TF2's birthday, for example).

Whenever those days roll around I like to bind the Noise Maker to every single key. :buddy:

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

Kaubocks posted:

In Team Fortress 2 there is an item you can use called a Noise Maker. It lets out a really loud, obnoxious party favor noise and throws out a bunch of confetti around you. Now normally you can only use these items 25 times before you've used it up forever. However there are a couple special variants you can use endlessly on certain days (on TF2's birthday, for example).

Whenever those days roll around I like to bind the Noise Maker to every single key. :buddy:

One of the finite use noise makers is a vuvuzela. I once had some extra funbux on a TF2 item trading site which I used to buy one of those. I then went onto a random 2fort server, went in as a spy with the cloak and dagger (invisibility watch that lets you stay invisible forever as long as you go slowly), and scared the crap out of some snipers and engineers. One of the engies literally jumped at the noise. He pressed the space bar in shock.

Machai
Feb 21, 2013

Ariong posted:

One of the finite use noise makers is a vuvuzela. I once had some extra funbux on a TF2 item trading site which I used to buy one of those. I then went onto a random 2fort server, went in as a spy with the cloak and dagger (invisibility watch that lets you stay invisible forever as long as you go slowly), and scared the crap out of some snipers and engineers. One of the engies literally jumped at the noise. He pressed the space bar in shock.

Can you rename the item? Shoulda called it "The Killing Sound" or "Brown Note".

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

No you can't rename noise makers.

Anita Dickinme
Jan 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Cojawfee posted:

My favorite part was back in the older call of duty games were out (I don't know if anyone even does it anymore), they'd have their own squad or whatever they wanted to call it with military ranks. They wanted to be all real military except you'd be playing a game and then 101st|Sgt. Asshat joins. Then the chat fills with

101s|]Pvt. Retard: *SALUTE*
101st|Pfc. Dipshit: *SALUTE*
101st|Pvt. Dumbass: *SALUTE*
101st|Cpl. Moron: *SALUTE*

Because, you know, you salute enlisted people. And if you didn't type in *SALUTE* every time one of the NCO members joined, you'd get kicked out of the clan. Of course, they are all in the real army in real life, so they know how it all works. It seems like online video games is just an experiment involving egotistical spergs who convince idiots to worship them at every opportunity.

People still do that in a game called day of defeat source. Its hilarious to go into those servers because doing the simplest things that ruin immersion like shooting in spawn will get the people so upset with you.

Meow Tse-tung
Oct 11, 2004

No one cat should have all that power

TokenTrevor posted:

I actually had a character bio similar to this in STO. People would whisper me that I am "not as clever as I think I am" when I was in the RP havens. In between whispers from people asking if I wanted to be shown a good time. All I had to do was exist to bug people. They really are too easy

When wow launched, the RP server had this unofficial addon that their RP community used to make a giant UI bio pop up when you highlighted people. I filled mine with a long-rear end story about how I was out to avenge the death of my master Billy Blanks, who had taught me the ancient deadly art of Television Tae-bo, and that for 3 installments of 19.99 I would let anyone become my pupil and learn through VHS tutorial. If they called in the next 10 minutes I would include the boot camp cardio inferno dvd that would let them increase a warlocks fire magic ability.

I seriously got dozens of people really pissed at me and "welcome to ignore!" tells because of breaking immersion. Blows my drat mind, and I had to wonder if they had general chat turned off or something, because how the hell can you hide in an RP bubble like that in wow of all places.

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

Meow Tse-tung posted:

When wow launched, the RP server had this unofficial addon that their RP community used to make a giant UI bio pop up when you highlighted people. I filled mine with a long-rear end story about how I was out to avenge the death of my master Billy Blanks, who had taught me the ancient deadly art of Television Tae-bo, and that for 3 installments of 19.99 I would let anyone become my pupil and learn through VHS tutorial. If they called in the next 10 minutes I would include the boot camp cardio inferno dvd that would let them increase a warlocks fire magic ability.

I seriously got dozens of people really pissed at me and "welcome to ignore!" tells because of breaking immersion. Blows my drat mind, and I had to wonder if they had general chat turned off or something, because how the hell can you hide in an RP bubble like that in wow of all places.

There were a fair number of Billy Blanks and Tae-Bo inspired monk characters when Mists of Pandaria was released. It always made me wonder if he knew he was mostly remembered for being a cheesy fake karate guy off of TV.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

It's not like the guy is dead.

Novum
May 26, 2012

That's how we roll
Did he do something other than sell bad cardio boxing videos?

Male Man
Aug 16, 2008

Im, too sexy for your teatime
Too sexy for your teatime
That tea that you're just driiinkiing

Novum posted:

Played a lot of World of Warcraft.

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

Novum posted:

He took himself super-seriously for awhile. I seem to recall at one point he freaked out when someone made fun of him and his general response was to challenge people to fights.

Also, I think it was later revealed that his highly touted martial arts championships were in tournaments he hosted and only invited like 3 people for the purposes of claiming he won.

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

Magres posted:

Oh god people who try to apply field manuals to video games are the worst. There are a bunch of clans in World of Tanks that try to be based off real world tank battalions, and they're all horrible at the game. The best is when you troll them for trying to be spergy milsim kids in an arcade Tanks game and get "SHUTUP KID I DRIVE TANKS IN REAL LIFE AND YOU'RE JUST SOME DUMB NERD LIVING IN YOUR MOM'S BASEMENT :byodood:" in response

Planetside 2 is loving chock full of milsim spergs and it's loving amazing. All of them play on the TR faction, regardless of server.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zs2mIKPQyCo

:911:

However, dipshits in video game space clans still feel the need to "train" their members on space warfare, even non milspergs, and are usually loving awful and get really mad when you tell them that.

quote:

Oh and you have been below us in the rankings for months, and I let it slip just a tiny bit, lemme fix that. Oh and I see we have a 97% monthly while you have a what? 72% activity... and 42% weekly. We train in game 3-5 times a week and do events and practice in VR (You probably don't know what that is since you are so MLG proskills420yoloswagger) Do you? ofc not, because you are the server rejects no one respects. Funny part is, RageQuit and Goku have gone to war many times before, and we cremate you until you leave the map. So you and your entire poo poo outfit is laughable. We have perfectly good reasons our "stats" aren't as high as yours, but I guarantee we are 5x more trained and have 1000x more character, and that is all that matters. Your outfit is full of trolls, retards, and douche bags like you. I'm glad we aren't like you. Funniest part of this is, you judge based on stats, and don't take into account, #1 We are the alliance leaders in Mattherson, just yesterday your people were talking about joining up into, #2 we have organized dozens of full community events, which GOKU has participated in. #3 We would have over 3,000 people if I didn't have a strict filter process for inactivity and 18+ rule. #4 27% of your outfit hasn't even logged in this month. #5 We have raised over $5,000 for Non-Profit organizations, which you guys could/would never do. You need to do your homework before you speak again. Tbh, I don't know what is more laughable, your outfit or just you. I pity you for having to feel like you are "better" at a game. :)

LvK
Feb 27, 2006

FIVE STARS!!

Novum posted:

He had a B-movie career, the high point of which was being the football player with the gun in the intro of "The Last Boy Scout"

kinda related:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jna8FblC3dA&t=132s

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Me llamo Sarah Brandolino, the eighth Castilian of this magnificent marriage.

Giggily posted:

Planetside 2 is loving chock full of milsim spergs and it's loving amazing. All of them play on the TR faction, regardless of server.

However, dipshits in video game space clans still feel the need to "train" their members on space warfare, even non milspergs, and are usually loving awful and get really mad when you tell them that.

Watch out they've got a 97% activity rate!

Where did you get that? Is there more?

Magres
Jul 14, 2011

Giggily posted:

Ahahahahahahahah he made them actually loving salute. Their 'tactics' are even better because they're trying to practice suppressive fire. Tactics about making people scared of dying don't work when you respawn in five seconds :eng101:

Milsim spergs are the best when they try to apply real world tactics to video game situations where they're completely irrelevant.

Diet Lime
Aug 11, 2013

by toby

Giggily posted:

I was in one of these for a while in BF3, and the absolute best part about it is that contrary to what you would expect, it doesn't make them good team players. There's a lot of "go here" and the player YES SIR goes and dies. Video game strategy is totally different because you can afford to waste lives. The guys I played with wanted to use a diamond formation in loving Metro - a map that's a narrow indoor never-ending choke point after choke point nightmare.

So while the strategy of "watch your friend's blind angles" is always good, they'd end up pigeonholing players into unplayable positions. You know what I see when you start running forward all nice and neat like that? My mind flashes right back to my childhood playing Zelda: OOT and those players are the slingshot targets or whatever. At least two die every time.

By comparison, if you just run at me willy-nilly every which way I am going to have a high angular velocity on all my targets- with all that randomness choosing a target and tracking it becomes harder and often I will just panic, flounder, and die without shooting anybody because gently caress there's 9+ guys bum-rushing me and I am just slightly above average at best after all.

Edit: It's even worse because Planetside 2 isn't a game where you stop to shoot.

One of my favorite things is having to join a specific special group to drive a tank or fly the zoom-zoom lasers or whatever. Point being in many games you're best off being the guy who gets the thing and whoever is closest should get it as fast as possible- in PlanetSide2's case there's literally no reason to not have every single man in a tank (if you have the resources) until you're forced to get out to get in a building.

Diet Lime fucked around with this message at 02:09 on Aug 23, 2013

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
In PS1 we used to apply what amounted to Napoleon era tactics for holding some bases - if all you've got is a corridor and you don't have any good choke points to funnel dumb schmucks through, point as many guns as you can at the corner they're going to come around and mow them down as they come. Who gives a poo poo if they shoot back when you can have three guys sitting behind you spraying magic healing goop on you and picking you back up when you die? It always worked really well until people got bored of waiting for enemies to come around the corner and started filing into the enemy one by one like lemmings.

I kinda want to make a British Revolutionary War roleplaying clan on TR now, and tell the NC to stop being rebellious colonists whenever we fight them. Blather on in /yell about tea and biscuits and poo poo and ramble on in proximity voice chat with terrible fake British accents. It'd be even better if we could get powdered wig cosmetic helmets :getin:

BlueDestiny
Jun 18, 2011

Mega deal with it

Magres posted:

I kinda want to make a British Revolutionary War roleplaying clan on TR now, and tell the NC to stop being rebellious colonists whenever we fight them. Blather on in /yell about tea and biscuits and poo poo and ramble on in proximity voice chat with terrible fake British accents. It'd be even better if we could get powdered wig cosmetic helmets :getin:

Only if everyone uses the ironsight bolt-action rifle.

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
Oh my goooodddd we have to do this. It's so good

Diet Lime
Aug 11, 2013

by toby
*salute*

I think just playing PS2 counts as griefing.

Note that this is in the first week before 2/3 of the game said gently caress it and left and this is what you would meet exiting either side of all four entrances to this biolab.

We did this for hours on end; and even after 3+ hours people would continue to come out of the doors two and three at a time, even though the doors have an invisible barrier such that you can stand safely behind it and see what's ahead of you.

I believe it was finally lost when a group of over 60+ players all flew in from the ceiling, the biolabs have big open-air helipad entrances and little teleport room entrances.

Diet Lime fucked around with this message at 02:26 on Aug 23, 2013

proof of concept
Mar 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Giggily posted:

This kind of reaction is just the greatest. The guy sat down and wrote a 300 word essay about how great his video game clan is and specifically the ways in which it is way better than your video game clan before saying he "pities you for having to feel like you are 'better' at a game." That's about the length of a homework assignment for a high school English composition class where he should have learned how not to yank the rug out from under the point his essay is trying to make like that.

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

Lunethex posted:

Watch out they've got a 97% activity rate!

Where did you get that? Is there more?

It's from a reddit thread where the leader of one of the really lovely Vanu outfits on our server freaked out because a goon posted our recruitment video in his thread or something. Here's the only other funny comment:

quote:

Ragequit Tactical squads have held off 3x our numbers more times than I can count, and you havent seen it because you guys stick to yourselves and have no scope outside of your outfit. Just 2 days ago, 1 of our squads drat near took an amp station from a full enemy platoon. We have more skill and tactics than any of you know. As for warpgate recruiting, we do all our recruiting from our open platoons and there is NO recruiting in the warpgate. We are not a "Zergfit" as every member in our outfit has gone through thorough training. I wish you guys would just seriously stop because you know nothing about us, thus, you have ZERO room to judge.

A lot of humor is probably lost without context, but basically RGQT is abysmally bad at the game, and their alliance thing is mocked by a lot of the server. The only three outfits I know of that are in it are also the worst outfits on the faction, being RGQT, NTMR, and DaPP. Nathual, the guy who I talked about in this post, and the leader of NTMR, tried to convince us at one point that all of the other outfits on our faction were actually part of their alliance, and that they were going to start mass TKing GOKU until we were all forced to quit the game. We actually asked the other outfit leaders, and at the time nobody even knew what he was talking about. In a way they're a lot like the crazy incest STO guild leader with his insane power fantasies.

Diet Lime posted:

One of my favorite things is having to join a specific special group to drive a tank or fly the zoom-zoom lasers or whatever. Point being in many games you're best off being the guy who gets the thing and whoever is closest should get it as fast as possible- in PlanetSide2's case there's literally no reason to not have every single man in a tank (if you have the resources) until you're forced to get out to get in a building.

You never want to have anyone inside tanks, actually, because infantry are much more mobile than vehicles and can concentrate their firepower to absolutely demolish armor pushes. :eng101:

Da Mott Man
Aug 3, 2012

Giggily posted:

Planetside 2 reddit thread

What Giggily forgot to mention is that I posted this in the thread and the dude stopped responding to his own recruitment posts.

I asked him very politely to fill it out to help us with our relations in the Planetside 2 community, he never did, how rude.

Eox
Jun 20, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

Diet Lime posted:

You know what I see when you start running forward all nice and neat like that? My mind flashes right back to my childhood playing Zelda: OOT and those players are the slingshot targets or whatever. At least two die every time.

Taken out of context, this is one of the most terrifying things I have ever read on these forums

where the red fern gropes
Aug 24, 2011

It even has the ring :allears:

LordNad
Nov 18, 2002

HEY BAD GUYS, THIS IS THE VICE PRESIDENT, PLEASE DON'T KILL HIM!
Milsim spergs HAVE to be wannabes. I used to enjoy 688i immensely. Then I became an aircrewman on P-3s (ASW patrol planes). I bought Dangerous Waters when it came out because it was a combat sim that let you play as the P-3. I stopped playing after an hour because it felt like I was at work.

Who the gently caress has fun playing a simulation of their job?

Magres
Jul 14, 2011

Giggily posted:

It's from a reddit thread where the leader of one of the really lovely Vanu outfits on our server freaked out because a goon posted our recruitment video in his thread or something. Here's the only other funny comment:

A lot of humor is probably lost without context, but basically RGQT is abysmally bad at the game, and their alliance thing is mocked by a lot of the server. The only three outfits I know of that are in it are also the worst outfits on the faction, being RGQT, NTMR, and DaPP. Nathual, the guy who I talked about in this post, and the leader of NTMR, tried to convince us at one point that all of the other outfits on our faction were actually part of their alliance, and that they were going to start mass TKing GOKU until we were all forced to quit the game. We actually asked the other outfit leaders, and at the time nobody even knew what he was talking about. In a way they're a lot like the crazy incest STO guild leader with his insane power fantasies.

You never want to have anyone inside tanks, actually, because infantry are much more mobile than vehicles and can concentrate their firepower to absolutely demolish armor pushes. :eng101:

Link to it? I kind of want to go torment him :getin:

Bait and Swatch
Sep 5, 2012

Join me, Comrades
In the Star Citizen D&D thread

Magres posted:

I would play planetside 2 again for this. The tryhards in that game would react wonderfully.

Your Gay Uncle
Feb 16, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
The weirdest milsim group I ever came across was in Halo 2 of all places. They kept saying stuff like " armor spotted in quadrant 3" and " we need anti air Banshee sighted due north". They all had clan ranks they called eachother. They were actually really good, I remember they routinely won big team battles with ease.

Griz
May 21, 2001

LordNad posted:

Milsim spergs HAVE to be wannabes. I used to enjoy 688i immensely. Then I became an aircrewman on P-3s (ASW patrol planes). I bought Dangerous Waters when it came out because it was a combat sim that let you play as the P-3. I stopped playing after an hour because it felt like I was at work.

There's a guy in one of the goon PS2 outfits who was an infantry squad leader IRL, but you'd never guess that by listening to him because he has the same relaxed leadership style as all the FPS vets. It's pretty much "alpha/bravo squad go cap the point, charlie/delta get up on that hill and shoot their vehicles" with the expectation that the line members can get poo poo done without being constantly micromanaged.

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
Hey guys, looks like retarded British PS2 poo poo is going to happen tonight. I'm gonna run home, reinstall PS2, and let's get this rolling at like 10PM or 11PM EST

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

Magres posted:

Hey guys, looks like retarded British PS2 poo poo is going to happen tonight. I'm gonna run home, reinstall PS2, and let's get this rolling at like 10PM or 11PM EST

Minor leagues first you fucker.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!

LordNad posted:

I remember an Australian comedian that went to entertain troops stationed in Afghanistan talking about the fact that shooters are by far the most popular games on the 360 in the barracks. So yeah, while the milsim spergs are definitely people who never served in their lives (my bet's on 'failed basic training'), there's definitely people in the military playing these games. And they're probably the most chill ones.

EDIT: Thinking about it, it's probably the nerdier version of those 'SUPPORT ARE TROOPS' types you see on Facebook, or people that try to flaunt military experience, where they're almost always nowhere near actual combat.

Cleretic fucked around with this message at 01:38 on Aug 24, 2013

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

Cleretic posted:

I remember an Australian comedian that went to entertain troops stationed in Afghanistan talking about the fact that shooters are by far the most popular games on the 360 in the barracks. So yeah, while the milsim spergs are definitely people who never served in their lives (my bet's on 'failed basic training'), there's definitely people in the military playing these games. And they're probably the most chill ones.

EDIT: Thinking about it, it's probably the nerdier version of those 'SUPPORT ARE TROOPS' types you see on Facebook, or people that try to flaunt military experience, where they're almost always nowhere near actual combat.

In my experience, the Milsim spergs tend to be people who, for one reason or another, would be unable to actually take part in combat even if the situation arose. They look at the military and see things they could never possibly be, and believe that all the rules and regulations are what makes people good at fighting. Having an understanding of tactics helps, sure. But they fail to see that a lot of the crap you have to do in the military is there because you have to coordinate a TON of people, and that those people also face very real death. In a game, you don't need to overcome fear of dying. You don't need to worry about freezing up in the middle of a gunfight, or trying to coordinate with a ton of other units to attack an entire city, or even something so simple as the mind numbing boredom that takes up your time between bouts of bowel clenching terror.

The milspergs are using games to try and replace reality in their minds. It lets them think, "I would totally be a badass Marine, if not for X holding me back.", and that that would somehow make them better than people who are "only" playing a game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bruc
May 30, 2006
Yea in my experience as a former military member my co-workers played a lot of FPS games, and absolutely none of them got into the milsim sperg poo poo, and if they did they would have been mocked, not had people join them.

When I played PS2 our squad was talking about Buzzcutpsycho for some reason and the ex-military goons more or less agreed it was very unlikely he had ever actually been in the military because the angry shouting poo poo is more of a "what people think the military does" and not so much reality. And who actually enjoys doing poo poo like saluting? doing it in a game is just so drat silly, and I find stories of griefing those types to be by far the best because they tend to be so serious about poo poo.

In War Thunder (a pretty fun air to air combat game that is more arcade style combat than it is sim) you can piss people off simply by ramming them. It's very easy to kill someone in a head to head ram since you're obviously both flying right at each other, and are equally at fault. So, I always make a point of ramming people if I am in a weaker plane or I am heavily damaged and 9 times out of 10 the person I do it to will rage at me in chat despite it being the easiest thing in the world to avoid if you are paying attention. Even using legitimately cheap tactics will not get near the rage ramming someone will.

• Locked thread