Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Abe Frohman
Mar 1, 2005

Kirby? He'll be a fry cook on Dreamland.
I always try to get people on my team to form into a roving band of stabbery but far too many people take this game seriously and it's a rare occasion I get more than 1 or 2 people running around shanking people with me. One day I will have an entire team of people either shanking or pretending to be turtles as a knight bent over with a tower shield on his back.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Technetium
Oct 26, 2006

TRILOBITE TECHNICIAN
QUITE POSSIBLY GAY

Just going to leave this here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jpynx151S_k

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Mother of God.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

I think the devs of this game have as much fun with it as the players do.

This is going to be stupid as hell and awesome because of it.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund

:gizz:

Holy. poo poo.

Trudis
Mar 23, 2008

This is the Dawning of the Age of Hilarious
HOLY gently caress YES

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Spergwarriors, on your marks.

NmareBfly
Jul 16, 2004

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

I can't wait to hear all the new muti-lingual screams. :allears:

Gimnbo
Feb 13, 2012

e m b r a c e
t r a n q u i l i t y

"And More" has so much potential. I hope the Zulus are in to piss off the racist sperglords. They have the bonus of basically being the javelin archer.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Gimnbo posted:

"And More" has so much potential. I hope the Zulus are in to piss off the racist sperglords. They have the bonus of basically being the javelin archer.

I'm really hoping for this, plus something crazy like blowguns.

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011
Well, I'm in. I'm terrible at this game (and seriously gently caress bows) but I want that expac so bad.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Gimnbo posted:

That'll be worth it just for the penis sword.

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice
Oh god yes. I hope all the new factions have the new customization, too.

Gimnbo posted:

The Zulu and other African warriors have been a pretty common fixture in any Deadliest Warrior game, so it's almost a given they'd be in as well. I'm hoping for a Middle Eastern faction myself.

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

Gimnbo posted:

We're already in for a wonderful ride with the glorious hanzo steel :japan: Or as one pubbie said before in some argument about giant hammers hurting platemail being unrealistic and katanas totally being able to slice a knight in half, "It's not Ninja, it's Shonobi(sic)"

EDIT: vvv Yup. Pubbies were saying both those things (even as other pubbies told them it was dumb and wrong, sprinkled with racist and homophobic slurs for good measure).

Section Z fucked around with this message at 23:14 on Aug 22, 2013

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

College Slice
http://tornbanner.com/deadliestwarrior/

There's 4 more dudes shaded out in their voting poll, so we might be looking at "and more" being another 4 factions on top of samurai and Spartans.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

So is this just a DLC or a whole new game? I'm hoping for the former.

EDIT: Also I bet one of those 4 will be Vikings. How they'll make them special compared to anything already in there is beyond me.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

Section Z posted:

We're already in for a wonderful ride with the glorious hanzo steel :japan: Or as one pubbie said before in some argument about giant hammers hurting platemail being unrealistic and katanas totally being able to slice a knight in half, "It's not Ninja, it's Shonobi(sic)"

I'm no expert on armour but wouldn't being hit by a giant hammer while wearing platemail wreck you since the blunt force would dent the armour?

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Fuzz posted:

So is this just a DLC or a whole new game? I'm hoping for the former.

It looks like they've teamed up with the team behind the Bushido total conversion that was recently announced to be a standalone game, but I'm not sure.

Gimnbo
Feb 13, 2012

e m b r a c e
t r a n q u i l i t y

Internet Kraken posted:

I'm no expert on armour but wouldn't being hit by a giant hammer while wearing platemail wreck you since the blunt force would dent the armour?

Big blunt weapons were pretty much invented for plate.

(He's saying the pubbie was wrong.)

So far the website polling stands at 56% weaboos vs 44% fascists.

punkr0csux
May 1, 2008

Internet Kraken posted:

I think remember hearing on some discovery/history channel special (when they represented their namesake) that getting his with the hammers in the right place would fracture your bones underneath your skin. The idea being the shock was absorbed in the bones instead of the armor. loving Brutal.

Exodee
Mar 30, 2011

Damp and depressing.
It must be a goon in its
natural habitat!
Giant warhammers are hugely impractical though. A typical warhammer was around the size of the starter one in Chivalry, which was enough to put a serious dent into anything. Still, the best way to beat plate armor was to put a thin pointy thing into a gap somewhere. (Like the helmet, for example)

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Exodee posted:

Giant warhammers are hugely impractical though. A typical warhammer was around the size of the starter one in Chivalry, which was enough to put a serious dent into anything. Still, the best way to beat plate armor was to put a thin pointy thing into a gap somewhere. (Like the helmet, for example)

Or hook something into a kink and pull them over so they're on the ground and you can stab the poo poo out of them. (which is why billhooks existed)

Skellybones
May 31, 2011

Fun Shoe
Slashing swords were really only good at killing filthy peasants, which suited the knights fine because you weren't supposed to kill other nobles, just capture and ransom them. Meanwhile, the extremely common and simple weapons that you'd throw at a peasant like spears, bill hooks, clubs, daggers and axes were very good at disabling a knight's horse or getting through his armour.

The next four will probably be Zulu, Pirate, IRA and Waffen SS.

Skellybones fucked around with this message at 22:55 on Aug 22, 2013

dog nougat
Apr 8, 2009
I was mildly interested until they said "Spike's Deadliest Warrior". No the community is already racist, homophobic, and mysoginist enough already, thanks.

Titty Warlord
Apr 28, 2013
Looking forward to the Nazis vs Viet Cong DLC.

e:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GnirrVYg9qI

Titty Warlord fucked around with this message at 01:26 on Aug 23, 2013

Technetium
Oct 26, 2006

TRILOBITE TECHNICIAN
QUITE POSSIBLY GAY

dog nougat posted:

I was mildly interested until they said "Spike's Deadliest Warrior". No the community is already racist, homophobic, and mysoginist enough already, thanks.

I have no idea what you're talking about. The community is a reasonable, intelligent and well-articulated group.

On another note I'm hugely excited and I'm also hoping that the workshop stuff comes soon (or with the DLC?).

edit: when the trailer says Multi-team do you guys think it means more than two? Because having three or four factions fighting would be unreal and make all the pubbies who are totally confused about customization even worse. It's be the perfect storm.

Skellybones
May 31, 2011

Fun Shoe
I wonder if 'Spartan', 'Samurai' are entire teams of their own, and if they have more than one class per team.

Blimpkin
Dec 28, 2003

Shadeoses posted:

I wonder if 'Spartan', 'Samurai' are entire teams of their own, and if they have more than one class per team.

If they are going total war, I'd love a Native American and/or other such indigenous peoples.

Morzhovyye
Mar 2, 2013

I can't wait for everyone to stop complaining about archers and start complaining about pirates.

Tortolia
Dec 29, 2005

Hindustan Electronics Employee of the Month, July 2008
Grimey Drawer
Oh my god. The pubbie sperging when you block their katanas as a pink archer with the dagger is going to be amazing. You thought bitching about parrying mauls was fun.

Skellybones
May 31, 2011

Fun Shoe

Odobenidae posted:

I can't wait for everyone to stop complaining about archers and start complaining about pirates.

Four single-shot pistols, a grenade and a cutlass with minimal armour. All the fun of Javelins and Firebombs, together at last! :pirate:

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Blimpkin posted:

If they are going total war, I'd love a Native American and/or other such indigenous peoples.

I want a character with only tomahawks. :colbert:

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

College Slice

Fuzz posted:

I want a character with only tomahawks. :colbert:

Macuahuitl and atlatl.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

CONVICTED OF DISPLAYING HIS PEANUTS IN PUBLIC

Blimpkin posted:

Which Total War had Native Americans and was that game good?

Koramei
Nov 11, 2011

I have three regrets
The first is to be born in Joseon.
M2 and Empire and no.

Blimpkin
Dec 28, 2003
I just meant total war in the sense of chronologically unlinked warfare, Katanas and Spartans Spears? If they do multi-team I mean, which I interpret to mean Samurais vs Knights and so forth.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Dongicus posted:

Looking forward to the Nazis vs Viet Cong DLC.

e:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GnirrVYg9qI

Deadliest Warrior was awesome, retarded show that only Americans could dream up for things such as having IRA vs. Taliban terrorists fighting over a vital used car lot.

MadJackMcJack
Jun 10, 2009

etalian posted:

Deadliest Warrior was awesome, retarded show that only Americans could dream up for things such as having IRA vs. Taliban terrorists fighting over a vital used car lot.

Speaking of which:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=msFljrJ7M4A

Shibawanko
Feb 13, 2013

That's exactly the expansion I hoped theyd'd make.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Megafunk
Oct 19, 2010

YEAH!
I'm going to start a stupid Katana vs Longsword argument in every server. I'm going to watch it burn. :unsmigghh:

• Locked thread