Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dr Snofeld
Apr 30, 2009
Alright, this game actually made me cry laughing, but not from anything scripted. You Got The Touch from the Transformers the Movie soundtrack started playing immediately after I maxed out my super jump height and began climbing a tower, and I hit the top right at the climax of the song. It was like the most perfect two minutes of any game I've played in a very long time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DMW45
Oct 29, 2011

Come into my parlor~
Said the spider to the fly~
This bug is kinda pissing me off. I've restarted from a checkpoint, restarted the mission, restarted the game, it's still happening. It's really, really annoying and I can't finish the He Lives mission.

As I said before, I can't disable the satellite. I've killed all the enemies in the area so I won't be shot, but the game only registers a couple of ticks on the meter before it resets to zero and replays the animation and restarts the thing. Then it ticks twice and restarts again...

Has anyone else had this bug?

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost
Any reason that I can't seem to do Co-Op? My invites weren't showing up, then they did, but they wouldn't do anything.

Than I tried manually joining and that failed.

Restarted game, steam, validated cache, and nothing is working.

Z the IVth
Jan 28, 2009

The trouble with your "expendable machines"
Fun Shoe

Z the IVth posted:

I just got this game, and I am having a blast! However, I've run into a series of rather intractable crashes. There doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason to them, but intermittently, program will just minimise, I will hear the sounds keep going for a few seconds, then the program stops working. I've tried updating (and rolling back) my drivers. I've updated windows, and I am still running into issues. Thankfully most missions are short enough that I get through them before I crash, but it is getting very tedious.

Have read one or two other reports of a similar issue occurring (this appears distinct from the plethora of "crashed on game start" complaints which may or may not have to do with :files:), but no one seems to have identified the source of the issue, or a fix.

Anyone here able to help?

Gonna redownload all the game files and see if that helps at all.

Edit for system specs:

Windows 7 (Fully updated)
Directx11
GTX 560Ti w/ 3.20 drivers (I tried the Beta drivers, no dice, so I rolled back)
Intel i5-3750k 3.4GHx
Game is installed to Steam Directory on C:

Quoted for new thread since I posted 1 min before it rolled over.

deafmute
Jun 24, 2003

You can't choke if you chew forever
:dukedog:

BenRGamer posted:

This bug is kinda pissing me off. I've restarted from a checkpoint, restarted the mission, restarted the game, it's still happening. It's really, really annoying and I can't finish the He Lives mission.

As I said before, I can't disable the satellite. I've killed all the enemies in the area so I won't be shot, but the game only registers a couple of ticks on the meter before it resets to zero and replays the animation and restarts the thing. Then it ticks twice and restarts again...

Never had any problems with that mission on PS3. Are you holding down the button until the meter is completely full? Maybe your controller is spazzing out? See if you can remap it to something else to see if it still happens?

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Z the IVth posted:

Quoted for new thread since I posted 1 min before it rolled over.

Yeah what happens with me on AMD is that say like, I'll talk to David or Kinzie and right after the convo "ends" both my monitors will go grey with lines and i can't do poo poo till i tab out, upon which my computer tells me my driver crashed.

It will also do this sometimes when I'm in a menu buying powers.

It also goes black about halfway through a rift sidequest mission. If I leave it be, the game minimizes to the desktop and I can select the program and it acts as if it's in "front" and my cursor changes and there are sounds i'm hovering over buttons in the pause menu, but I can't see anything but the windows behind it. I can even click things and stuff but the screen is invisible. Alt tabbing does nothing and i have to force close it. I have no idea what the gently caress and it's making me mad.

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

Just finished the game. That was very fun. A really good ending to a really good series.

Oh jeez, I'm crying now I think. This was an amazing ride.

Brainamp fucked around with this message at 03:40 on Aug 23, 2013

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe

deafmute posted:

Never had any problems with that mission on PS3. Are you holding down the button until the meter is completely full? Maybe your controller is spazzing out? See if you can remap it to something else to see if it still happens?

I've got the same issue on PC. Tried keyboard with controller, controller and keyboard without controller.

It's definitely a bug with the game itself.

EDIT: \/ There's nothing alive when I'm trying it so there's no way I'm getting shot at.

Mokinokaro fucked around with this message at 03:31 on Aug 23, 2013

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

I'm interplanetary, bitch
Let's go to Mars

BenRGamer posted:

Enemies respawn faster than you'd think. Make sure you're not already being shot at again.

Also have you tried turning the console off and on again? (Seriously, this helps and no one knows why.)

TheSpiritFox
Jan 4, 2009

I'm just a memory, I can't give you any new information.

Starhawk64 posted:

Fixed for you.

The Dubstep gun was pretty much my solution to any problem. Gang members? Dubstep gun. Aliens? Dubstep gun. Enemy vehicles? Dubstep gun. Wardens? Dubstep gun. The Dubstep gun is amazing once it's fully upgraded.

Dual fire/lightning machine pistols are just unfair for killing pretty much everything. Fire blast followed by just spraying those in the general direction of enemies results in everything dying with almost as much fireworks as the dubstep gun. With max upgrades and ice blast wardens die before I have to down their shields a third time (unless I gently caress up that stupid rear end quicktime).

I'm looking forward to the inevitable mod that removes those stupid quicktime events.

TheSpiritFox fucked around with this message at 03:43 on Aug 23, 2013

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"
I really love the game but Christ is it loving buggy, especially in co-op. I can handle quite a bit of smaller bug and jank, but it crashed(again) loading into the final mission and now all of my saves from the last ten or so hours from the past couple of days are all on the 'Emergency Situation' mission. Hopefully I can find a fix because I am really not motivated to play more than half of the game again to get back to where I was.

Behonkiss
Feb 10, 2005
Just finished Asha's recruitment mission, and I must have missed something, but what was up with The Boss's hair and face completely changing?

Differo Cathedra
Oct 9, 2012

To be honest it was 4AM when I started making the gif and even I don't know what it's supposed to be about by the time I finished it an hour and a few GIS searches later :effort:

They probably did not want to work out how to make an actual evil clone of the player's Boss given all the possibilities.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

So is this game like Mass Effect 2, where the whole story mode is recruiting? Or is there significant content afterwards?

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

Differo Cathedra posted:

They probably did not want to work out how to make an actual evil clone of the player's Boss given all the possibilities.

Seemed simple to me: Slap a goatee facial hair and eyepatch on your boss. Those are the rules for the Star Trek evil clones they aped. Bonus in that we might have gotten an eyepatch. I want a god drat eyepatch.

EDIT: There's a few segments. The first section is the glorified tutorial where you are getting ready to bust out of the simulation. The second part is getting the crew back together and getting them superpowers interspersed with activity missions (Go do Insurance Fraud. Now assassinate a dude. Do Virus Injection. Do Mayhem. Hack a store, etc etc etc). After that, the final missions are actually pretty numerous. Not like ME2 at all, really. I'd say you have about 3/5 of the game as beginning stuff and recruitment, and 2/5 of the game being the final missions. It's not 'recruit all your homies, give them superpowers, then teleport to Zinyak and kill him.'

Warmachine fucked around with this message at 04:09 on Aug 23, 2013

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

You are being watched. :allears:

Warmachine posted:

Seemed simple to me: Slap a goatee facial hair and eyepatch on your boss. Those are the rules for the Star Trek evil clones they aped. Bonus in that we might have gotten an eyepatch. I want a god drat eyepatch.

But what if the Boss wears an eye patch? Does the evil clone then wear TWO of them?

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 13 days!
But was the Evil Boss really evil? They were wearing white, after all :raise:

Differo Cathedra
Oct 9, 2012

To be honest it was 4AM when I started making the gif and even I don't know what it's supposed to be about by the time I finished it an hour and a few GIS searches later :effort:

WarLocke posted:

But what if the Boss wears an eye patch? Does the evil clone then wear TWO of them?

Nope, "evil clone rules" state that there would be one eyepatch on the opposite side.

On another note, is the Dominatrix stuff worth it for the season pass?

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Vernii posted:

Yea, Matt's loyalty mission was pretty awesome, as was saving Pierce. Screenshotted the hell out of that.

Speaking of screenshots and people sharing their boss, here's my hipster gangster:

And her real-world self:

Laura Bailey voice of course, though I was really, really tempted to go for one of the male voices and therefore make her like Dr. Girlfriend from Venture Brothers.

On the topic of Classy Laura Bailey Presidents:

Shame we lost the Russian Lady Voice, but Laura's really on the ball, all the time.

My buddy on the other hand is President Shockwave Alberto.

We make an okay team.

Big Fire Saints. Always be dressin' sharp. Except when you have no choice but not to dress, uh, sharply.

His screenshots of me tend not to be as flattering.

http://cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc/630789657312174894/220283D1CD73B3567ED9E3421461524C51870E44/

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

WarLocke posted:

Yes. Or no eyepatch. Both are acceptable answers, really. And if you have a goatee, evil you is clean shaven. Thus it is implied that you are in fact the eviler of the two. :colbert:

Also, I costumed my boss a bit differently today to play co-op with a friend of mine. I also feel need to post this because everyone needs a picture superpunching Genki:

The Sci-Fantasy or whatever outfit from Let's Pretend looks really good in Saints colors with a purple domino mask.

Warmachine fucked around with this message at 04:18 on Aug 23, 2013

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

T.G. Xarbala posted:

On the topic of Classy Laura Bailey Presidents:

OK I have to know what you're wearing in this one. :wink:

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

WarLocke posted:

OK I have to know what you're wearing in this one. :wink:

Same steampunk fighter top that Vernii's Pres has and Presidental Slacks. From Nobody Loves Me and Planet Zin, respectively. Dyed both to set up a predominantly light-grey ensemble to match my hair, adjust accordingly.

And leather gloves. :ocelot:

UberJumper
May 20, 2007
woop
Finished the game, it was a fantastic ride, and i have a few questions:

- Did anything any become of CID's urge to date someone? I know at some point he bugs me for a date with Shaundai, and then it never seemed to be brought up again.
- I don't understand, so Matt Miller/Aisha apparently betrayed you only to find them inside a closet? Nothing seemed to come of that, and it is never brought up again.
- Then after keith david betrays you, it is never brought up again at all. Also in Keith davids nightmare, what was the deal with the dude in the kilt?
- Is there more then one ending?

BAILOUT MCQUACK!
Nov 14, 2005

Marco! Yeaaah...
I remember towards the beginning of the game I was awarded a autobiography of Zinyak that I thought went into the text adventures computer but its not there, where do I access it?

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe

UberJumper posted:

Finished the game, it was a fantastic ride, and i have a few questions:

- Did anything any become of CID's urge to date someone? I know at some point he bugs me for a date with Shaundai, and then it never seemed to be brought up again.
- I don't understand, so Matt Miller/Aisha apparently betrayed you only to find them inside a closet? Nothing seemed to come of that, and it is never brought up again.
- Then after keith david betrays you, it is never brought up again at all. Also in Keith davids nightmare, what was the deal with the dude in the kilt?
- Is there more then one ending?

1. It's just a running gag
2. Keith was the only traitor. The other two were just locked up in the closet.
3. I found that whole sequence a bit silly. Rowdy Roddy Piper (A WWF wrestler) and Keith David were both in a movie called They Live in the 80s and most of that mission is a reference to the film.
4. There are "three" 1 for the red door in Matt's rescue, one for beating the game without all loyalty missions done and the complete ending for having all loyalty missions finished.

Still no luck with that satellite bug and it's really annoying me. Tried restarting the game, tried reloading the mission/checkpoint, nothing fixes it. My game cannot progress in the plot past that point.

DMW45
Oct 29, 2011

Come into my parlor~
Said the spider to the fly~

deafmute posted:

It's on the PC.

Turns out it was an FPS issue of all things. It worked once I turned resolution way down. Odd, that.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

Differo Cathedra posted:

Speaking of, I'm assuming Gat's segment just a really elaborate filter? It blew my mind to see my specific outfit like that.

UberJumper posted:

Did you somehow miss the mission where CID ditches you to go on a date with Fun Shaundi?

VVVV Which phase?

The part where you have to TK orbs into him is just that... Jump away when poo poo starts spawning on top of you.

The next phase with the invincible murderbots had me tearing my hair out but I ended up... how do you double spoiler text... using Cold Aura before engaging then some ground pounds and mega bustin.

kater fucked around with this message at 04:41 on Aug 23, 2013

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
Holy poo poo how do you defeat Zinyak in the Grand Finale? I'm at the part where I'm supposed to throw CIDs at him but they just loving explode immediately and then I get tore up by goons. (And of course you don't get life from goons outside the simulation, which is realistic for the setting but a loving awful gameplay decision).

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

T.G. Xarbala posted:

Same steampunk fighter top that Vernii's Pres has and Presidental Slacks. From Nobody Loves Me and Planet Zin, respectively. Dyed both to set up a predominantly light-grey ensemble to match my hair, adjust accordingly.

And leather gloves. :ocelot:

I might steal that look because it is a lot more snazzy than what I put together at Planet Zin. I should find the other stores...

Also I just started Matt Miller's mission and it is so 80s I'm not sure I'm tripping. :catstare:

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos

DrNutt posted:

Holy poo poo how do you defeat Zinyak in the Grand Finale? I'm at the part where I'm supposed to throw CIDs at him but they just loving explode immediately and then I get tore up by goons. (And of course you don't get life from goons outside the simulation, which is realistic for the setting but a loving awful gameplay decision).

Well

Run around like hell. That's what I did. There is a floor down there so it ain't a pit. Also it helps that you have unlimited super sprint. Basically just have breathing space and grab the CIDS before they reach you. Your TK grab has alot of range actually. I played this on hardcore, so I died a few times but I notice you do sorta regenerate some health if you stand still, but it could because of the checkpoints. That's all I can give man. Just run around like hell, freeze the goons to give yourself breathing room. But to be entirely accurate I had my freeze powers upgraded so they stood frozen enough for me throw CIDS back at Zinyak. When you go against Doombots, shoot them repeatedly in the head to kill them faster. They are goddamn bullet sponges when it comes to shooting their bodies.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Shindragon posted:

Well

Run around like hell. That's what I did. There is a floor down there so it ain't a pit. Also it helps that you have unlimited super sprint. Basically just have breathing space and grab the CIDS before they reach you. Your TK grab has alot of range actually. I played this on hardcore, so I died a few times but I notice you do sorta regenerate some health if you stand still, but it could because of the checkpoints. That's all I can give man. Just run around like hell, freeze the goons to give yourself breathing room. But to be entirely accurate I had my freeze powers upgraded so they stood frozen enough for me throw CIDS back at Zinyak.

Even after dropping to casual the CIDS just explode after I grab them with TK. It sounds like my game might be glitched?

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

Yeah. It should really be explained better, but outside the simulation you're still basically the SR3 boss. No superpowers, but regenerating health. The final boss boss becomes a fair bit easier once you realize this and put a little priority on evasion.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord
Anyone else having issues with CID? He disappeared during a flashpoint and now I can't call him up as a homie. Do I need to say sorry on the ship or something?

*Edit* Also, Burn It Down by Awolnation never plays for me, even when the DJ announces it.

Improbable Lobster fucked around with this message at 04:49 on Aug 23, 2013

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos

DrNutt posted:

Even after dropping to casual the CIDS just explode after I grab them with TK. It sounds like my game might be glitched?

Yeah that's not suppose to happen. They shouldn't do that.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
gently caress me, I'm an idiot. Grand Finale spoilers. I had life steal on my TK and that was why the CIDs were exploding instantly. :hurr:

Funkmaster General
Sep 13, 2008

Hey, man, I distinctly remember this being an episode of Spongebob. :colbert:

Maybe I was looking too much into it, but I thought the default face you get in the Asha rescue mission made you look a lot like Archer... What happens if you're a girl during that mission? Is it a different default face?

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
HHAHAH it happens. Oh well that's great though, at least you aren't stuck in a unwinnable position.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Funkmaster General posted:

Maybe I was looking too much into it, but I thought the default face you get in the Asha rescue mission made you look a lot like Archer... What happens if you're a girl during that mission? Is it a different default face?

You look like Meryl from Metal Gear Solid if I am guessing on the likeness.

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
Are there any redesigns/restyles for the Alien Pistols? All I have is a recoloring.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

Imagine I said something deep here...

Thumbtacks posted:

Speaking of Pierce's loyalty mission...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BuldkG4IfX4

This actually made me angrier than the fact that he blew up the Earth. No one fucks with Boss/Pierce bonding time.

This mission sold me on rolling with Laura for my Boss's voice through the rest of the game. Her reaction is perfect.

Mokinokaro posted:

3. I found that whole sequence a bit silly. Rowdy Roddy Piper (A WWF wrestler) and Keith David were both in a movie called They Live in the 80s and most of that mission is a reference to the film.

Paul, 2D side-scroller, Asha's stealth mission, 1950's Steelport, and Rowdy Roddy Piper/They Live is where you thought things were getting a bit silly?

• Locked thread