Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
langurmonkey
Oct 29, 2011

Getting healthy by posting on the Internet

SquadronROE posted:

I need an actions game that is preferably not a platformer or endless runner? Maybe a space ship game? I dunno. First suggestion is the one I will buy so long as it is reasonably priced.

I like Aaaaaaaaaaa (not sure if that is the right number of as) which is a game about falling; Radiant which is like Galaga with cool music; Minotron which is a weird dual stick shooter; and lastly the classic Arkanoid.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sad lions
Sep 3, 2008

I feel I need to share this:
https://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/hedgehog-dash-hd-super-quick/id680523964?mt=8

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

Parkingtigers posted:

He left several years before EA got there, and he made almost entirely awesome games anyway.

Nope. EA bought Origin in 1992, Roberts left ~4 years later. That means EA bankrolled WC3 and 4 - neither would have been possible without that money. :getin:

duckfarts posted:

EA: Taking your favorite IPs and :zaeed:

On the one hand I really hate that their mobile strategy is "take franchise, make it F2P" but how much money did they make from Tapped Out?

also honesty compels me to admit I have like 40 unplayed games sitting on my phone so I can't really muster up a lot of hate on this one. So many other fish in the sea, etc.

I want a Syndicate mobile game, though. C'mon, EA, give that franchise another shot.

Psion fucked around with this message at 01:36 on Aug 23, 2013

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

hadji murad posted:

Older Kairosoft games were good though.

Funny that the reception PvZ2 got people are embracing a game guilty of much of the same.

Beastie Bay was fun. :mad:

Boxman posted:

The initial grind of infinitely re-rolling is loving awful, but really, Puzzle and Dragon is great for this.

Until you're skipping work meetings because that one dungeon that comes up 3 hours a month for 3 non-continuous hours pops up. Like today.

You can run Pengdra Village several times in the time it takes to poop. It's very blitz friendly.

I'd suggest not rolling outside of a godfest unless you feel really lucky. The last godfest would've been a good one to roll on. If we get an Egyptian/whatever godfest anyone on the fence should roll during it even if you don't play for another 6 months. Get an Isis (or Horus) and you're set until endgame because they're beasts. Same with a lot of the Chinese gods, but Isis is probably the single best starter a person could ever hope for, followed by Archangel Lucifer.

This is perfect for people who like Tiny Wings but regret the fact that there was never a poorly made Sonic version.

e: oh cool they even made some Grumpy Cat games that look to be on par with Gangam Style Massacre (sadly the title is misleading and you don't play as Psy the serial killer).

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.
e: post is not edit

Bummey
May 26, 2004

you are a filth wizard, friend only to the grumpig and the rattata
Aw, heck. By the time I have enough energy to run pengdra village the event will be over. :( P&D is the worst thing

Draile
May 6, 2004

forlorn llama

duckfarts posted:

EA: Taking your favorite IPs and :zaeed:

This is how I feel about Ultima Forever. Richard Garriott would set himself on fire if he saw it.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Bummey posted:

Aw, heck. By the time I have enough energy to run pengdra village the event will be over. :( P&D is the worst thing

It'll be back next month or sooner depending on when they spring the next event.

Dr. Video Games 0050
Nov 28, 2007

Draile posted:

This is how I feel about Ultima Forever. Richard Garriott would set himself on fire if he saw it.

I think he's in on it

Bummey
May 26, 2004

Hey Slumlord Story people, my ID is 9222469153. I need more scratch off tickets or whatever.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Draile posted:

He's tweeted pics of him playing it.

SpookyLizard
Feb 17, 2009

Bummey posted:

Hey Slumlord Story people, my ID is 9222469153. I need more scratch off tickets or whatever.

You have played only one minute? that seems impossible! But I've added you. Let us rejoice in our slumlord funtimes.

foutre
Sep 4, 2011

:toot: RIP ZEEZ :toot:

Davincie posted:

Since we are on the subject of EA anyway, look they are going to murder another franchise
http://www.polygon.com/2013/8/21/4644414/dungeon-keeper-coming-to-ios-and-android-later-this-year
Thank god the Dungeon Management genre is being revived by indies anyway.

I didn't realize that EA abducted Bulldog... That sucks.

What good indie dungeon managers are coming out?

Oceanbound
Jan 19, 2008

Time to let the dead be dead.
Nationwide Rail Journey might not be much of a "game", the UI might be all over the place, and the thing may eat my battery alive, but still, the pictures that come with each train you unlock are pretty awesome.

:allears:

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug
I'm not sure which is more disturbing, the blue sphincter or the Winnebago.

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"
Slumlord Story: How do I access the orange floor to make a kitchen? I want to turn this into Three Olives Story, but without a proper kitchen, all I have is bedrooms, libraries, and crappers!

feverish and oversexed
Mar 9, 2007

I LOVE the galley!
9222952331 is my dream house ID, most people who posted theirs already have their slots full :(

Coldstone Cream-my-pants
Jun 21, 2007

Eegah posted:

Well the RV train is awesome so we all know the answer to that.

Are there any good MMO-lite kinda games that aren't P&D? I played the tutorial 3 times and got Black Fighter No. 76 every time, not sure I can keep going.

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006
Tetris Monsters blows.

Eschers Basement
Sep 13, 2007

by exmarx
My Pokehouse number is 9223108469. Join me!

Orvin
Sep 9, 2006

Kaizoku posted:

Slumlord Story: How do I access the orange floor to make a kitchen? I want to turn this into Three Olives Story, but without a proper kitchen, all I have is bedrooms, libraries, and crappers!

I am not sure what the trigger is, but you eventually get the option to research orange floors. It seems that your tenants give you new research options sporadically. A lot of the text gets cut off for me in portrait mode, so I am not sure exactly what it is linked to.

It took me awhile to figure out that putting down new floors let me build separate rooms. I figured it was a research option I hadn't unlocked yet.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

The Royal Scrub posted:

Are there any good MMO-lite kinda games that aren't P&D? I played the tutorial 3 times and got Black Fighter No. 76 every time, not sure I can keep going.

The tutorial is 5 stages and the (lovely) drops in them are predetermined in order to teach you about elements and power ups. When we mean reroll we mean the Rare Egg Machine at the very end of the tutorial which you're forced to use.

Duranki
Nov 16, 2004

There is vengeance to be dealt, Marc Spector. And you have not lost your taste for such things. Have you?
How do you re-roll? Just quit the app after you hatch your egg, then you get to do the tutorial again?

I may have to bite on this, eventually.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

Duranki posted:

How do you re-roll? Just quit the app after you hatch your egg, then you get to do the tutorial again?

I may have to bite on this, eventually.

Yeah but you have to reinstall it or use ifile to delete your save data. I lucked out with a good starter the other week and the game is TONS of fun honestly.

Project1
Dec 30, 2003

it's time
So I just got an iPhone after using Android phones for a few years. I guess they don't allow emulators on these? I saw that it might be possible to have certain emulators without jailbreaking the phone, I'm mainly interested in GBA and SNES, but others are welcome if they exist. Anyone know anything about it?

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

There are none you can get without being jailbroken, and you can't currently jailbreak if you're running firmware 6.1.3 and above.

Sometimes someone will sneak out an app that has a hidden emulator in it, then it's a rush to download it before apple removes it from the store.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Yeah, just keep mashing F5 on this thread and eventually you'll get an emulator.. I have both MAME and a GBA one installed right now and it's all due to this thread.

They seem to sneak through the approval process about once a year.

The Rokstar
Aug 19, 2002

by FactsAreUseless

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

It'll be back next month or sooner depending on when they spring the next event.
The JP website is already talking about the next event, so there'll be one in a week or even sooner maybe :)

Bummey
May 26, 2004

SpookyLizard posted:

You have played only one minute? that seems impossible! But I've added you. Let us rejoice in our slumlord funtimes.

I've played a lot longer than that but the drat thing keeps crashing, so maybe that's loving up the timer. Doesn't matter, anyway, since every time I accept a friend request the game crashes and the friend approval isn't saved. :downsgun:

SpookyLizard
Feb 17, 2009

Bummey posted:

I've played a lot longer than that but the drat thing keeps crashing, so maybe that's loving up the timer. Doesn't matter, anyway, since every time I accept a friend request the game crashes and the friend approval isn't saved. :downsgun:

I've found it crashes on accepting friend requests, but they are accepted for me.

E:you're in my friends list. You should get some free tickets when you log in next.

The Hebug
May 24, 2004
I am a bug...

The Rokstar posted:

The JP website is already talking about the next event, so there'll be one in a week or even sooner maybe :)

I honestly need a break from events to focus on leveling up what I already have. :pad:

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Eegah posted:

Well one of them has a misshapen Batman silhouette on the side so the choice is clear.

The Royal Scrub posted:

Do not roll outside of a godfest unless you are a glutton for punishment. The odds of getting a god, let alone a useful one, outside of Godfests is going to be low as gently caress.

Info on how to reroll is in the PAD thread. If you're using iOS just use iFunBox to delete the relevant file (data048 I think).

The Hebug posted:

I honestly need a break from events to focus on leveling up what I already have. :pad:

I was using the events to level, especially today. Legendary Dragon Rush on Master gives better xp per stamina than any dungeons I have available, and it was going well until the game decided i wasn't allowed to get anymore hearts. :argh:

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

My friend code in the Japanese Stringer Bell simulation is 6224113527 I went ahead and added some other people here.

Corridor
Oct 19, 2006

Okay I'm sick of the Kairosoft Slumlords game now. You can go ahead and remove me from your friendlists if you want to free space for someone who actually plays. Think my ID name is the same as here.

Finally, a Sonichu game for my ipad.

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

Evil Fluffy posted:

Well one of them has a misshapen Batman silhouette on the side so the choice is clear.

Do not roll outside of a godfest unless you are a glutton for punishment. The odds of getting a god, let alone a useful one, outside of Godfests is going to be low as gently caress.

Info on how to reroll is in the PAD thread. If you're using iOS just use iFunBox to delete the relevant file (data048 )

I think the odds are of a god are about 1/10 normally and only about 1/10 of the gods are good enough to be your leader for majority of the game (the rest are good teammates, but without a good leader you are sunk). Durning a Godfest odds 1/3 of rolls are a god and during the right god fest you can get odds of 1/2 to 1/4 for a good leader.

Project1
Dec 30, 2003

it's time

The Dave posted:

There are none you can get without being jailbroken, and you can't currently jailbreak if you're running firmware 6.1.3 and above.

Sometimes someone will sneak out an app that has a hidden emulator in it, then it's a rush to download it before apple removes it from the store.

I miss Android. :(

Guess I'd better make the most of the fact that I can at least finally play the updated King of Dragon Pass.

Project1
Dec 30, 2003

it's time
Sorry for the double post, but what was that Bard's Tale clone, Silversword, like? Are the dungeons oldschool (i.e. insanely frustrating)?

Any other good RPGs besides Avadon/Avernum?

monkeytennis
Apr 26, 2007

Toilet Rascal

Oceanbound posted:

Nationwide Rail Journey might not be much of a "game", the UI might be all over the place, and the thing may eat my battery alive, but still, the pictures that come with each train you unlock are pretty awesome.

:allears:

Nevertheless, I still want to play it. Where did you get it? I cannot see it in the app store.

Oceanbound
Jan 19, 2008

Time to let the dead be dead.

monkeytennis posted:

Nevertheless, I still want to play it. Where did you get it? I cannot see it in the app store.

Wow. Here it is

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

monkeytennis
Apr 26, 2007

Toilet Rascal
Thanks for the link. I can't have it on my ipad as the game needs a camera with autofocus for some reason. So I tried my phone but it will only let me purchase apps via the UK store.

Ah well the dream is over...

• Locked thread