Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

u deserve diploma for sublime comedy expertise

~Coxy posted:

what really gets me is when you go to as asian place and they don't have knives
forks and spoons for the round eye tourist but not a knife to be seen
surely asian people cut things too?

they use spoons.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

Al! posted:

i apparently use my knife and fork like a European (or what they call a bit o the ol knifey forkey) without even knowing it

knife in left, fork in right, anything else is dumb

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

Dead Inside Darwin posted:

chopsticks promote slower eating and thus help with weight loss

sorry your fingers are so loving fat you need a literal shovel to get as much food into your mouth as possible

no they don't. the portions you're gonna be lifting into your face hole are gonna be the same unless ur eating something like rice which means your a poor bastard eating garbage.

chopsticks only exist because poor Asian people could only afford to grab some stick off the ground instead of buying proper utensils

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

shaggar pls reel in the racism a little bit

Socracheese
Oct 20, 2008

uhhh i think its p accepted that if you eat more slowly your body will tell you that you're 'full' sooner

Radio Paranoia
Jun 27, 2010

It is now safe to turn off your computer.

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

wrong. knife in right, fork in left when cutting. switch fork back to right when not cutting and place knife on plate.

DaTroof
Nov 16, 2000

CC LIMERICK CONTEST GRAND CHAMPION
There once was a poster named Troof
Who was getting quite long in the toof

Shaggar posted:

wrong. knife in right, fork in left when cutting. switch fork back to right when not cutting and place knife on plate.

java programmer

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

Shaggar posted:

sorry youre so deficient that you literally cant use both hands for equal tasks

"well ive mastered `holding things` with my left hand but i cant actually move it in a forward and back motion, guess ill have to swap utensils 300 times a meal"
- non-functioning adults

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
lol if you don't use the side of your fork as a knife to leave a hand open for a spoon

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

hubris.height posted:

lol if you don't use the side of your fork as a knife to leave a hand open for a spoon

lol if you dont just use a spork with a sharpened edge

DaTroof
Nov 16, 2000

CC LIMERICK CONTEST GRAND CHAMPION
There once was a poster named Troof
Who was getting quite long in the toof
wtf, doesn't everyone here just use their business cards

flyboi
Oct 13, 2005

agg stop posting
College Slice

b-b-b-but im left handed :ohdear:

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

DaTroof posted:

wtf, doesn't everyone here just use their business cards

i snort all my meals business card in left rolled up Benjamin in right

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

R.I.P. Inter-OS Sass - b.2000AD d.2003AD

they use spoons.

savages.

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro

lol if you dont just use a spork with a sharpened edge

yeessssss experience the ultimate shame and fully dehumanize yourself

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

flyboi posted:

b-b-b-but im left handed :ohdear:

then do the reverse

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

Shaggar posted:

correctamundo

doing anything else is a mark of someone raised in a trailer park eating hotdogs and actual dogs

Dr. Honked
Jan 9, 2011

eat it you slaaaaaaag
lol if u don't get your manservant to spit pre-chewed food straight into your gaping facehole

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

correctamundo

doing anything else is a mark of someone raised in a trailer park eating hotdogs and actual dogs

it's the other way around hth

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

hubris.height posted:

yeessssss experience the ultimate shame and fully dehumanize yourself

my friend got one of those when we went camping

im sure its a decent idea, "one utensil" and all, but its loving crap. if its sharp enough to cut food itll slice your face open, so its not sharp at all. plus trying to cut poo poo with 1 utensil means its going to slide around. the prongs arent deep enough to actually penetrate anything to pick it up and the bowl is too shallow to actually eat soup effectively

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

Dr. Honked posted:

lol if u don't get your wife to spit pre-chewed food straight into your gaping facehole
                        /
                       /

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde

Al! posted:

it's the other way around hth

a proper place setting has the knife on the right and the fork on the left for exactly this reason

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

correctamundo

actually switching hands is the hallmark of "incompetent american"

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

my friend got one of those when we went camping

im sure its a decent idea, "one utensil" and all, but its loving crap. if its sharp enough to cut food itll slice your face open, so its not sharp at all. plus trying to cut poo poo with 1 utensil means its going to slide around. the prongs arent deep enough to actually penetrate anything to pick it up and the bowl is too shallow to actually eat soup effectively

sounds like a pretty good Kickstarter project

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde

actually switching hands is the hallmark of "incompetent american"

i was raised not to switch unless you had to like if the course also needed a spoon or the crab fork or something

Locker Room Zubaz
Aug 8, 2006

:horse:
~*~THE SECRET OF THE MAGICAL CRYSTALS IS THAT I'M FUCKING TERRIBLE~*~

:horse:

WorkingPeer posted:

this is how you design games right??

this makes me so angry because the guy didn't use engineering or graphing paper i don't know why it makes me angry, it might be from that stupid class in my freshman year of college when we had to make like 3D nuts and bolts on engineering paper to show we could draw or something

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

Cryin Burnigan posted:

this makes me so angry because the guy didn't use engineering or graphing paper i don't know why it makes me angry, it might be from that stupid class in my freshman year of college when we had to make like 3D nuts and bolts on engineering paper to show we could draw or something

yo thats on graph paper

he managed to ignore all the lines though so lol

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde

Cryin Burnigan posted:

drafting class is to teach you to think spatially because lots of people don't actually do this for some reason

creatine
Jan 27, 2012

Socracheese posted:

uhhh i think its p accepted that if you eat more slowly your body will tell you that you're 'full' sooner

its fact that it takes on average 20 minutes for your body to relay to your brain that it's full and stop eating.

if you take your time eating you will eat less and be fuller longer

as opposed to just shoveling garbage in your face as fast as possible then you have that overstuffed feeling

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

get meow this wack-ass crystal prison
utensil chat is the worst

Migishu
Oct 22, 2005

I'll eat your fucking eyeballs if you're not careful

Grimey Drawer
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/massivestate/metroid-enemies-within-a-metroid-fan-film

lol

Vicas
Dec 9, 2009

Sweet tricks, mom.

quote:

Re: Metroid: Enemies Within (A Metroid Fan Film)

Description of copyrighted material: Nintendo owns copyrights in all aspects of its Metroid video game franchise and related products, including but not limited to the characters, storylines, audiovisual, pictorial and graphic works from the following: U.S. Copyright Reg. No. PA0000356142, supp. by PA0000547461 (Metroid video game); U.S. Copyright Reg. No. PA0000720157 (Super Metroid video game); U.S. Copyright Reg. No. PA0001275461 (Metroid Prime video game); U.S. Copyright Reg. No. PA0001275460 (Metroid Prime 2: Echos video game); U.S. Copyright Reg. No. PA0001633666 (Metroid Prime 3: Corruption video game); and U.S. Copyright Reg. No. PA0001791606 (Metroid: Other M video game).

Description of infringing material: The "Metroid: Enemies Within" film, story boards, and related materials are unauthorized derivative works that infringe Nintendo's copyrights in its Metroid property.

i for one never could have anticipated this

Dec 26, 2012

Shaggar posted:

shaggar was right

lol

Elder Postsman
Aug 30, 2000

i used hot bot to search for "teens"

Shaggar posted:

i was gonna let this slide, but we left-handers need to speak up against dexteronormative bigotry like this. guys please choose your words a little more carefully in the future because this kind of stuff is really hurtful. thank and god bless.

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

i want to see shaggar take an hour to eat a steak

swap fork hand, pick up knife, cut, put knife gently on plate, switch fork to other hand, take bite
swap fork hand, pick up knife, cut, put knife gently on plate, switch fork to other hand, take bite

alternatively cut your entire steak up at once like a literal infant

jooky
Jan 15, 2003

i want to see shaggar take an hour to eat a steak

that's why you cut up the steak all at once, then switch hands, idiot

Meat Beat Agent
Aug 5, 2007

felonious assault with a sproinging boner
cut the steak into tiny cubes (alternating hands with each cut) and then dump all of the cubes into a dog dish and eat your idiot dog food

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

jooky posted:

that's why you cut up the steak all at once, then switch hands, idiot

hmm yes let me cut up my well done unseasoned steak thats fresh off the grill into tiny pieces

i despite MEAT BLOOD and refuse to pay a cent if a drop shatters the sanctity of my mouth

protip dont forget to wrap it in a towel and squeeze thoroughly so that its as dried out as possible

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro

• Locked thread