Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

My many CoX, always poised, always ready, always willing to thrust.

Rutibex posted:

I've had Infernal Mobs Enderman bosses spawn from the ore; that made me seriously afraid of it. I died twice for that piece of ore :argh:

I once got a 140 hp enderman that attacked by causing explosions. :gonk: And he spawned in a fashion that I was immediately staring at him.

gently caress Ender Ore it is HORRIFYING.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Serifina
Oct 30, 2011

So... dizzy...
Is there any kind of mod out there that does anything with potions? Like maybe letting them stack a bit? (I'm not talking full 64 stacks, just like, maybe, 4.)

SugarAddict
Oct 11, 2012

Serifina posted:

Is there any kind of mod out there that does anything with potions? Like maybe letting them stack a bit? (I'm not talking full 64 stacks, just like, maybe, 4.)

Xeno's requinary has some craftable potions, they aren't as good as the vanilla potions, but they don't require a brewing station.

Serifina
Oct 30, 2011

So... dizzy...

SugarAddict posted:

Xeno's requinary has some craftable potions, they aren't as good as the vanilla potions, but they don't require a brewing station.

Yeah, I know those, although I think Xeno's made noises about potentially removing them in future versions (or changing them, I'm not sure.) I do have that mod, although I mostly use it for the Lilypads.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Serifina posted:

There's the Potions & More mod that add a bunch of new potions:
http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/1801766-152-potions-more-50-potions-14-new-growable-ingredients-forge-102-crash-fix-200513/

For stacking potions there's the Stackable Potions mod:
http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/1892640-stackable-potions-mod-152162/

Pidmon
Mar 18, 2009

NO ONE risks painful injury on your GREEN SLIME GHOST POGO RIDE.

No one but YOU.
Finally ended up filling in the cobblestone underfloor for my huge garden area. Soon I'll have enough dirt to finish the bugger up.

Anyone know how deep a good pit would be for mob spawning/to eventually be filled out as a lake for squid-spawning?

Edit: Oh and if you know what configs I have to add to treecapacitor so I can murder the ugly RP rubber trees as they grow that'd be great.

Serifina
Oct 30, 2011

So... dizzy...

Ah, thank you. The stackable potions is what I wanted most. I might try the other in a low-mods game, though.

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Klopp's 13pts clear thanks to video ref

Is there any update on Big Dig for 1.6? I've been holding off playing any Minecraft until it updates but the itch is coming back :)

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

EvilHawk posted:

Is there any update on Big Dig for 1.6? I've been holding off playing any Minecraft until it updates but the itch is coming back :)

The platform doesn't work with 1.6 at all due to changes to the way vanilla Minecraft works. Most of the mods in BigDig have been updated though, so you could roll your own pack in theory.

Cantorsdust
Aug 10, 2008

Infinitely many points, but zero length.
Is there a way I can set slimes not to spawn underground? They're messing with the lower levels of my base. I'm in Big Dig. Can MFFS do that? I've never worked with it before. And would that interfere with any of my other mob farms?

Skaw
Aug 5, 2004

Cantorsdust posted:

Is there a way I can set slimes not to spawn underground? They're messing with the lower levels of my base. I'm in Big Dig. Can MFFS do that? I've never worked with it before. And would that interfere with any of my other mob farms?

AFAIK Slimes are a pretty special case when it comes to spawning. The only thing that seems to prevent it is putting down slabs everywhere.

myname_isdoug
Jul 9, 2003

i can and i can not

Cantorsdust posted:

I use Mob Spawn Control to keep Endermen out of my life, though I'm not sure how it handles slimes' special spawning parameters.

Pidmon
Mar 18, 2009

No one but YOU.
Oh hell, I can't find it by googling - what do I need to add to Treecapcitor's configs to be able to murder a redpower rubber tree properly? It's managed to end up right over the pit trap location I have in mind and with the leaves in the way I won't be able to let the sunlight kill mobs for me.

Danith
May 20, 2006
I've lurked here for years
I have a VPS sitting around, would anyone be interested in a Terrafirmacraft (http://terrafirmacraft.com/index.html) server? I played it awhile ago and thought it was pretty neat but very intricate.

Enzer
Oct 17, 2008

Danith posted:

I have a VPS sitting around, would anyone be interested in a Terrafirmacraft (http://terrafirmacraft.com/index.html) server? I played it awhile ago and thought it was pretty neat but very intricate.

I'd be interested, its a nice way to shake up the game without going a tech or magic route.

Serifina
Oct 30, 2011

So... dizzy...

Danith posted:

I'm interested. I only recently learned about TFC myself, and while I'd like to try it, it looked very much like something I wouldn't want to try playing by myself.

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

My many CoX, always poised, always ready, always willing to thrust.

Danith posted:

TFC intimidated the gently caress out of me, more than any tech or magic mod I've fiddled with. I'm down to at least give it a try with some others.

Enzer
Oct 17, 2008

Danith posted:

I would suggest, that if you do set up a TFC server, please have Smart Moving installed on the server. It makes building structures and getting around so much easier that even the TFC devs use it on their servers.

Tsurupettan posted:

TFC intimidated the gently caress out of me, more than any tech or magic mod I've fiddled with. I'm down to at least give it a try with some others.

Yeah, it is a whole lot to take in and is best to do as a group, at least until you get settled if you are super spergy about poo poo. Getting basic infrastructure down is a lot easier when you have a few people to break the task apart and it is super handy to have several people working the forge at once, reduces time to craft poo poo by a ton. Great MP mod.

Enzer fucked around with this message at 17:40 on Aug 23, 2013

vulturesrow
Sep 25, 2011

Always gotta pay it forward.

Tsurupettan posted:

I'm definitely interested, but just be aware my time available is pretty limited.

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Danith posted:

I really like TerraFirmaCraft but always either play alone or find servers that have already unlocked everything, so getting in at the beginning of one would be nice.

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖

Pidmon posted:

Oh hell, I can't find it by googling - what do I need to add to Treecapcitor's configs to be able to murder a redpower rubber tree properly? It's managed to end up right over the pit trap location I have in mind and with the leaves in the way I won't be able to let the sunlight kill mobs for me.
Just look in the configs for the field that mentions custom wood and leaf blocks. Use NEI to find the IDs for rubber leaves and rubber wood, then add them to the config using the syntax is gives. Might take a few tries but it's pretty much all explained within the config.

fondue
Jul 14, 2002

So what state is the Technic platform in? I know it currently doesn't support 1.6.x and they're working on it, but I'm curious as to their progress and trying to glean that from the official forums is a terrible experience.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

fondue posted:

So what state is the Technic platform in? I know it currently doesn't support 1.6.x and they're working on it, but I'm curious as to their progress and trying to glean that from the official forums is a terrible experience.

I know I say this with every major update, but gently caress 1.6. This time they didn't just manage to break all mods but the Platform and MultiMC as well. I do not play without MultiMC. Oooo horses! It's not like Mo'Creatures has had that feature since 1.2.5. :argh:

Thyrork
Apr 21, 2010

"COME PLAY MECHS M'LANCER."

Or at least use Retrograde Mini's to make cool mechs and fantasy stuff.

:awesomelon:
Slippery Tilde
Judging by IRC, its a "Don't call us, we'll call you."

quote:

Topic is: http://www.technicpack.net/ | (Stuff) | No hard ETA on 1.6.2 support, work is in progress
[21:16] ->> Topic set by Olloth on 13/08/2013 20:39:57

... Mojang really hosed it up this time. :sigh: O'well, i hope it's good long term.

ChibiSoma
Apr 13, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Oh the eternal joys of attempting to do simple things in Minecraft.

So I wanted to play Sky Den since GenerikB made it look like a nice little time waster. This has led to about an hour of frustration. So Forge clearly didn't install correctly. Why? Who knows. It's a Minecraft mod. I copied the forge rar poo poo into the minecraft .jar like you do with every other mod.

Then I went and put the Sky Den stuff where the readme said to. Started the game up, flew over to the spot with NPCs and sure enough, same-lookin' problem Genny had. So I think okay, no problem. I'll delete the .jar, re-run MC, it'll re-download a fresh .jar and I'll try again.

It did not download a fresh .jar.

In fact, deleting the /bin folder did not seem to cause it to flinch.

And then deleting half of everything else in the minecraft folder. Finally I said gently caress it, wiped it all, and went through the process of just grabbing a new launcher and making it re-download everything.

There is no /bin folder. There is no minecraft.jar.

:byodood:

Well, I think I found why Forge didn't fuckin' work! I dunno what's even happening now. I've installed TMI almost every version for awhile now, and messing with the .jar in the /bin folder's always worked. The hell is going on and where should I look to actually install this crap now? Oh, there's a 1.4.7.jar in the /versions folder. Unfortunately, trying to add poo poo to that and playing just makes it redownload a clean .jar, so that's out.

tl;dr: Minecraft modding stupid and needlessly loving complicated.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

ChibiSoma posted:

tl;dr: Minecraft modding stupid and needlessly loving complicated.

Just use the version that's on the platform, it will take care of all this poo poo for you:

http://www.technicpack.net/modpack/details/sky-den-survival-pack.146281

Nuclearmonkee
Jun 10, 2009

Danith posted:

Does TFC still cock block you with tin or is mining less painful now? Haven't played for a few versions.

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖

Rutibex posted:

Just use the version that's on the platform, it will take care of all this poo poo for you:

http://www.technicpack.net/modpack/details/sky-den-survival-pack.146281
Except that version doesn't include the Cosmic Patch, I don't think.

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Nuclearmonkee posted:

Does TFC still cock block you with tin or is mining less painful now? Haven't played for a few versions.

According to the latest update video, copper is now the starting ore, with tin and other things for making bronze/brass/whatever being unnecessary to get started (and a bit rarer, but hey). Also, apparently smelting that first copper is a lot easier. Dunno about how easy/hard finding the metal is, but at the least once you have it it's apparently nowhere near as bad.

For more info, check the video on their front page or something; it was also linked in the thread a page or two ago.

Cantorsdust
Aug 10, 2008

Infinitely many points, but zero length.
So I'm a little confused. My understanding is that dispensers with an empty bucket in them are supposed to pick up liquids in front of them. I have a dispenser with a water bucket inside that's connectected to MFR rednet. When powered, it will dispense the water from the bucket. No problems. When powered a second time, however, it will dispense the empty bucket instead of retrieving the water in front of it. Interestingly, if the block next to the dispenser is powered with a lever, redstone, or button, the dispenser will work properly and pull the water back in.

My problem is twofold. First, I don't think this is normal behavior. Second, I'd really like to build a dispenser dependent contraption using only rednet cable. But when I run rednet cable to the block next to the dispenser, it won't power the adjacent block. So I have two ways I could solve this. First, I could run the whole system with rednet cable, with one little piece of redstone at the end to power the block next to the dispenser. Or, I could figure out how to get rednet cable to power adjacent blocks. Just whacking it with a sledgehammer makes it connect to the block, but it doesn't affect the dispenser next to it.

So, is there a way to make rednet power adjacent blocks? Or a way to fix my weird dispensers?

an expert
Jul 18, 2011

Danith posted:

Count me in as another person interested in this.

Pidmon
Mar 18, 2009

No one but YOU.

Vib Rib posted:

Except that version doesn't include the Cosmic Patch, I don't think.

http://www.technicpack.net/modpack/details/skyden-modded-survival-map.161165

This is the version I've been playing (plus the barrels mod), it's got the patch and it's also got the NPC-only weapons (like the chicken sword that GenerikB is making his whole goal) disabled. My only concern is that I think it's also disabled pneumatic tubes which isn't going to be a major concern or anything, but I DID want to eventually make an automatic system for smelting stone once I got a hold of the multiblock furnace from Thaumcraft.

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖
Well, I'm sure that's easily fixed in the configs, at least. The chicken sword is going to be in Sea Den. :ssh:

RaspberryCommie
May 3, 2008

Stop! My penis can only get so erect.

Danith posted:

Sure, I could give it a go.

Arkitektbmw
Jun 22, 2010

Danith posted:

Count me in. Schedules a bit limited, but definitely interested.

Danith
May 20, 2006
I've lurked here for years
TFC server stuff - this is going to be harder then I initially thought. None of the MC launchers are updated for 1.6.2 so I have to do everything manually so I probably won't get it up and running today like I thought I would :(

edit: holy gently caress, I'm about to give up.. The new Minecraft launcher keeps crashing over and over again

Danith fucked around with this message at 15:52 on Aug 24, 2013

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?

Rutibex posted:

Someone over at the Yogscast forums has ported the best part of EE2 to version 1.5.2, the Energy Condenser! I've played around with it a bit and it seems to work exactly like the EE2 version (with some support mod items too!). With this almost every feature of old EE2 now has a replacement or at the very least adequate substitute. Check it out:

Is there a transmutation tablet anywhere? That's my favorite item in any minecraft mod I've played and I'd love to have it again.

I boot EE3, look at the Minium Stone, and shake my head in sadness.

Eox
Jun 20, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
Speaking of which, is EE3 ever happening? It seems to have been just the minium stone for like a year.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Hog Butcher posted:

Is there a transmutation tablet anywhere? That's my favorite item in any minecraft mod I've played and I'd love to have it again.

I boot EE3, look at the Minium Stone, and shake my head in sadness.

There sure is! The Minor Alchemy mod adds the Transmutation Tablet (called the Alchemizer) and a flight ring:

http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/1701145-162v006-minor-alchemy-forge-9100simple-transmutation/
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M75E7vLYLYc

I also made a mod that apes a lot of the other items in EE2 called Pluscraft:

http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/1791051-152cs2pluscraft-alchemy-mega-mining-fast-building-and-more/

Eox posted:

Speaking of which, is EE3 ever happening? It seems to have been just the minium stone for like a year.

I doubt it. EE3 seems to me just an excuse not to port EE2 and make it dissapear.

Rutibex fucked around with this message at 15:52 on Aug 24, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Serifina
Oct 30, 2011

So... dizzy...

Eox posted:

From what I heard elsewhere, he does have plans to do more. However, the author did just get married quite recently, too, so he's been a little busy.

• Locked thread