Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

Brohannes Brahms posted:

Saucenao gave me no hits :smith:
It's Hayate no Gotoku, almost certainly one of the more recent seasons.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dirby
Sep 21, 2004

Helping goons with math

Brohannes Brahms posted:

Saucenao gave me no hits :smith:

Google Reverse Image Search tells you it's from the first episode of the recent season: "Hayate the Combat Butler(/no Gotoku): Cuties".

Kevin DuBrow
Apr 21, 2012

The uruk-hai defender has logged on.
There was an anime music video in which two buddies rescue a girl from a dystopian cyberpunk city. They break her out with a regular 80's era car, but are chased by a fleet of giant VTOL aircraft. Any ideas?

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
You want On Your Mark.

Kevin DuBrow
Apr 21, 2012

The uruk-hai defender has logged on.
Thanks! It's weird how some random piece of media I consumed years ago returns to haunt me.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
I read a manga a few years back that was about some Gary Stu vampire king who was being hunted across the world before things got weird and he ended up going into space to fight aliens. Anyone know what that the name of that is?

Scorvi
Apr 4, 2009
That would be The Record of Fallen Vampire I believe.

http://www.batoto.net/comic/_/comics/the-record-of-fallen-vampire-r1928

Jack Does Jihad
Jun 18, 2003

Yeah, this is just right. Has a nice feel, too.
Anyone know what this is from?

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Haven't seen the episode in particular but that style looks very much like Urusei Yatsura.

Stink Billyums
Jul 7, 2006

MAGNUM
Yup, that's definitely the school from Urusei Yatsura.

Guyver
Dec 5, 2006

Srice and Gackt are correct it's from episode 72 of Urusei Yatsura.

sesame_samuel_
Dec 24, 2012

Pork Pro
I saw this anime (I think it was an anime movie) airing on SciFi's AniMonday really late at night years ago and I cannot remember what it is. It is driving me nuts since memory lapses are frustrating and I'd like to see it again.

I only have a very vague memory of it, but what I do remember is it having a main character with hair that was one part black and one part white, a child said main character was friends or connected with, a blonde woman who I think was a bad guy but was sorta good, and there being a plot involving some form of international intrigue and/or a biological weapon being made. The main character might have been some form of "anime badass" detective, but my memory is so fuzzy on this show/film.

Does anyone know what this is? I'm sorry this is so vague and that some of the details might be wrong, but what I've wrote is about as clear as my actually memories.

sesame_samuel_ fucked around with this message at 19:40 on Aug 18, 2013

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

A main character with half black and half white hair and a kid sidekick sounds a lot like Black Jack but I'm not familiar enough with the various anime version to know which you saw though. The movie version here seems an okay fit though: http://anidb.net/perl-bin/animedb.pl?show=anime&aid=686

Lance Streetman
Feb 20, 2011

A parfait is a dessert, but it is also the French word for perfect.

Demon of the East posted:

I saw this anime (I think it was an anime movie) airing on SciFi's AniMonday really late at night years ago and I cannot remember what it is. It is driving me nuts since memory lapses are frustrating and I'd like to see it again.

I only have a very vague memory of it, but what I do remember is it having a main character with hair that was one part black and one part white, a child said main character was friends or connected with, a blonde woman who I think was a bad guy but was sorta good, and there being a plot involving some form of international intrigue and/or a biological weapon being made. The main character might have been some form of "anime badass" detective, but my memory is so fuzzy on this show/film.

Does anyone know what this is? I'm sorry this is so vague and that some of the details might be wrong, but what I've wrote is about as clear as my actually memories.

Black Jack: A Surgeon With the Hands of God.

sesame_samuel_
Dec 24, 2012

Pork Pro

Sakurazuka posted:

A main character with half black and half white hair and a kid sidekick sounds a lot like Black Jack but I'm not familiar enough with the various anime version to know which you saw though. The movie version here seems an okay fit though: http://anidb.net/perl-bin/animedb.pl?show=anime&aid=686

Lance Streetman posted:

Black Jack: A Surgeon With the Hands of God.

That is 100% it! Thank you both for the quick and accurate responses! :) Can't wait to watch this again.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Got a manga that I need help remembering, sorry if this is for another thread. I remember a manga where a group of schoolkids were trying to determine if they were telepathic or not by using a set of telepathy cards (the ones with the star, wavy lines, and circle etc on them). A big reveal at the end of that chapter was that one kid managed to guess incorrectly through the entire deck which sussed him out as a telepath. Does anyone else remember what I'm talking about?

KOGAHAZAN!!
Apr 29, 2013

a miserable failure as a person

an incredible success as a magical murder spider

pandaK posted:

Got a manga that I need help remembering, sorry if this is for another thread. I remember a manga where a group of schoolkids were trying to determine if they were telepathic or not by using a set of telepathy cards (the ones with the star, wavy lines, and circle etc on them). A big reveal at the end of that chapter was that one kid managed to guess incorrectly through the entire deck which sussed him out as a telepath. Does anyone else remember what I'm talking about?

That's a pretty common plot twist for this sort of thing, sadly. Do you remember anything else?

TeacherAteMyDog
Nov 28, 2007
KoreaAteMyTeacher
There's a scene in Psyren where researchers are trying to figure out if kids are telepathic and they find out the girl is because she continuously guessed incorrectly.

Oh Hell No
Oct 10, 2007

I've got the world on a string.

I once saw a manga excerpt on these here forums (maybe two pages) where a woman recovering in a maternity ward finds out that her baby was stillborn. She immediately has images flash before her of the potential life with her newborn son that she just lost - his fifth birthday, high school graduation, his wedding, that sort of thing. It was posted in one of the Ctrl-Alt-Delete mock threads as a contrast to how CAD handled its miscarriage plotline. There's like five of those threads though, and I don't feel like combing through them.

Nipponophile
Apr 8, 2009
I know the pages you're talking about, but I don't think that was a manga. I seem to remember it being an American indie comic or maybe webcomic.

Jigoku San
Feb 2, 2003

I had grabbed a bunch of shows and one was a ova, but it seemed to be a sequel to something and I never finished it. Now its bugging me and I dumped it with some other stuff.

From what I remember its a girl who's the daughter(?) of a member of a super/special/combat group that fought aliens (maybe just monsters) and they failed and died. She has whatever ability or power or something but is reluctant cuz good guys all die. She gets roped in some how and finds the old base (might be under a school). The last part I remember is this awesome old car (like a 60s toyota 2000gt) all tricked out with 60s super radar tech stuff from the base and she uses it to escape. I think it was 2 or 3 episodes.

Tried looking for it but I don't remember it enough. Any hints to the OVA or the original series, if there was one, would be cool.

Jigoku San fucked around with this message at 07:11 on Aug 25, 2013

Nipponophile
Apr 8, 2009
Sounds like it might be Gate Keepers? The original TV series was set in the 60s, then there was an OVA followup Gate Keepers 21 set in the 90s.

Jigoku San
Feb 2, 2003

That's it, thanks.

Sarchasm
Apr 14, 2002

So that explains why he did not answer. He had no mouth to answer with. There is nothing left of him but his ears.

Here's a tricky one.

I was walking about in Shinjuku a few weeks ago and saw a trailer for what looked like a really cool anime about a bunch of dudes in dark suits with handguns involved in crime-y things. The trailer was very stylized, as I remember, had kind of a Persona 4 vibe to the artwork. I made a mental note to look it up and forgot it about a block later.

So here's the question--What anime would be advertised on a big screen just north of Shinjuku Station at the start of August 2013 and have a focus on dudes in dark suits up to some real dark business?

That's not a lot to go on, I realize, but I appreciate anyone who takes a shot at it!

Daryl Surat
Apr 6, 2002

I don't care what you say about this post, but if anyone steps on my bunion, I'll kill them!

Sarchasm posted:

Here's a tricky one.

I was walking about in Shinjuku a few weeks ago and saw a trailer for what looked like a really cool anime about a bunch of dudes in dark suits with handguns involved in crime-y things. The trailer was very stylized, as I remember, had kind of a Persona 4 vibe to the artwork. I made a mental note to look it up and forgot it about a block later.

So here's the question--What anime would be advertised on a big screen just north of Shinjuku Station at the start of August 2013 and have a focus on dudes in dark suits up to some real dark business?

That's not a lot to go on, I realize, but I appreciate anyone who takes a shot at it!

The show you are thinking of is most likely Psycho-Pass, which is a currently popular series. It is simultaneously broadcast online in English courtesy of the FUNimation website (also on Hulu if that site gives you problems as it tends to do for many). Those handguns make people explode!

Kea
Oct 5, 2007
Asking about this again just incase someone knows what im talking about. Its an old anime with people fighting, when one of the characters dies they turn into a rose (for some reason?) and someone unleashes a giant hornet to attack someone else. It must be pretty old because i last saw it maybe ten years ago or so, if not longer.

Sarchasm
Apr 14, 2002

So that explains why he did not answer. He had no mouth to answer with. There is nothing left of him but his ears.

Daryl Surat posted:

The show you are thinking of is most likely Psycho-Pass, which is a currently popular series. It is simultaneously broadcast online in English courtesy of the FUNimation website (also on Hulu if that site gives you problems as it tends to do for many). Those handguns make people explode!

I must've been watching this. The official site has a list of events scattered around Tokyo at the end of July and beginning of August, so I think we have a winner.

Thanks!

Kleptobot
Nov 6, 2009
Trying to remember the name of a manga I stumbled across some time ago. It was a contemporary setting, and the plot was where some guy wearing a paper bag mask would rent a room in a cyber cafe and pledge over a webcam to ruin someone's life who he thought deserved it, and there was some kind of internet police unit trying to track him down but they kept falling one step behind the paper bag man.

Shaded Spriter
Mar 27, 2010

Kleptobot posted:

Trying to remember the name of a manga I stumbled across some time ago. It was a contemporary setting, and the plot was where some guy wearing a paper bag mask would rent a room in a cyber cafe and pledge over a webcam to ruin someone's life who he thought deserved it, and there was some kind of internet police unit trying to track him down but they kept falling one step behind the paper bag man.

Yokokuhan is what you looking for.

Kleptobot
Nov 6, 2009

Shaded Spriter posted:

Yokokuhan is what you looking for.

Yes! Thank you so much.

Senior Scarybagels
Jan 6, 2011

nom nom
Grimey Drawer

I don't know what anime or even where this is from, but from what I can tell it looks like it is eating one of those. Is this from an anime, if so what is this characters name?

Edit: Continued searching lead me to find out its from Mamegoma's anime series

Senior Scarybagels fucked around with this message at 06:48 on Oct 21, 2013

Leos Klein
Mar 11, 2011

ALL HAIL CARDIEL

I never got to say thank you for the last time you guys help me out but now I'm dying to know what anime this is, from 9:15 to 9:50 http://youtu.be/4K8crmJh_Ak?t=9m13s Oh yeah I really enjoyed Bubblegum Crisis, thanks again.

Guyver
Dec 5, 2006

The clip of the woman in the red and black get up is from Burn Up.

Reginaldavid
Sep 30, 2006
beautiful cretin
This is different from most requests since I know the name of this anime, but I can't find any information about it whatsoever and hope someone can identify or recall any details about its concept or story. There seem to be no records of it except passing mentions of the title in lists like "Anime of 1992" and 2 short clips on Nicovideo.jp. The show is called Maboroshi Mabo-chan.

Nicovideo has the opening & ending sequences here, but the main clip that caught my attention is here. (You'll need an account to view the videos; it's free.) It's very intriguing to me because all the characters have an excessively cute chibi-style appearance suited to child's faire, but based on the body horror & suicide in that clip (it's work-safe, nothing truly gruesome), the show apparently featured pretty dark and unsettling material. The whole thing has me very curious about the tone & plot of the series, so if anyone knows more info about this series, I'd greatly appreciate hearing about it!

NBHS
Mar 2, 2012

"I'm here for you. To make children smile, to make profits rise, I am the subservient of the network.

"... did we get all that on tape?"

That'd be Goma-chan from Shounen Ashibe.

Senior Scarybagels
Jan 6, 2011

nom nom
Grimey Drawer

NBHS posted:

That'd be Goma-chan from Shounen Ashibe.

Thanks a lot! That helped a lot!

VibrantPareidolia
Oct 12, 2012
I'm trying to recall the name of this shojo manga I read a while back.
All the characters were cats (in the sense that cat people are basically stand ins for humans), but it was a normal japanese town setting otherwise
The main girl is in high school and wants to draw manga, so she sends a sample manuscript to the home of a famous manga artist who lives in her town. Unfortunately, she's too shy to actually ask for feedback so her friend introduces her to a male artist she's acquainted with instead and he gives her advice.
Eventually he leaves the town and the main girl moves to Tokyo to try and make it as a mangaka and also find the guy.

I remember that the series was unfinished due to the artist having passed away, but it had a very charming art style and I would like to read it again if anyone's heard of it.

d0s
Jun 28, 2004

Can someone identify the anime shown in this video?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nRT1jQxltYE

It looks like something about a Hudson Caravan tournament but I've never heard of any anime about that, maybe it's just from a commercial for the tournament or the joystick.

EDIT:

It's called Running Boy Star Soldier:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JzbET1aS_zM

d0s fucked around with this message at 01:51 on Dec 17, 2013

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

So I am using this wallpaper currently:

Does anyone know what this is from? Thanks!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

unpronounceable
Apr 4, 2010

You mean we still have another game to go through?!
Fallen Rib

Xandoom posted:

So I am using this wallpaper currently:

Does anyone know what this is from? Thanks!

A reverse image google search says they're from Umineko.

• Locked thread