Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dre2Dee2
Dec 6, 2006

Just a striding through Kamen Rider...
Now that Saints Row IV is out, I want a Not-Soundwave that turns into a Not-Dubstep Gun.

Get on it 3rd parties :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
Preview for MTMTE 20's out:

Ambus looks, ah, pretty much dead as the proverbial- just his body and a load of goop pouring out where his head used to be. Ratchet is lamenting over trying to repair Ambulon, looks like Pharma's buggered off but left First Aid alone, thankfully.

The bulk of the preview is Cyclonus, Dai Atlas and Whirl being awesome wrecking dudes left, right and centre, with Whirl wondering why Cyclonus' sword is all lit up and nuclear super saiyan and stuff. Naturally, Whirl ends the scene with an :iceburn:

Basically, it needs to come out yesterday.

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

Marketing materials and speculation are not spoilers. Jesus Christ.

DrChud posted:

I wish they had included Slugfest, Overkill, Beastbox, and Squawktalk with MP Soundwave. So that way the family would be complete.

What do you think they're going to put in the two-packs that come out alongside Soundblaster & Ratbat?

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Sentinel Red posted:

God I hate the ibooks previews, since they're two weeks off and just argh.

Also it's a little weird since the story Cyclonus told had Dai Atlas being part of then Nova's inner circle when they met Omega Supreme in the Crystal city. Meaning he should know Cyclonus, or the whole scene is just written a little weird.

DrChud
Jun 18, 2004

Keldroc posted:

What do you think they're going to put in the two-packs that come out alongside Soundblaster & Ratbat?

Well yeah, but I don't wanna wait.

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!
I can't see any universe where I care enough to get an MP Soundblaster. Except the slim possibility of that being the only place to ever be able to get MP Ratbat

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

GD_American posted:

I can't see any universe where I care enough to get an MP Soundblaster. Except the slim possibility of that being the only place to ever be able to get MP Ratbat

I'd say that possibility is rather obese.

Peter Bazooka
Sep 29, 2005

This isn’t really anything I think I like.

Keldroc posted:

Howlback & Garboil, Enemy & Wingthing repaints for everybody!

Lepecard
May 19, 2009
Soiled Meat
I hope Toyworld doesn't end up with a C & D from Hasbro before they're able to release their IDW Megatron and Ultra Magnus.

I'd love to see that Stealth Bomber Megatron in a larger size.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

Sentinel Red posted:

Preview for MTMTE 20's out:

Ambus looks, ah, pretty much dead as the proverbial- just his body and a load of goop pouring out where his head used to be. Ratchet is lamenting over trying to repair Ambulon, looks like Pharma's buggered off but left First Aid alone, thankfully.

The bulk of the preview is Cyclonus, Dai Atlas and Whirl being awesome wrecking dudes left, right and centre, with Whirl wondering why Cyclonus' sword is all lit up and nuclear super saiyan and stuff. Naturally, Whirl ends the scene with an :iceburn:

Yeah, but didn't Rung lose his head and live? I'm not insisting he IS alive, mind you, I just think these Cybertronians are pretty hard to outright kill.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

Yeah, but didn't Rung lose his head and live? I'm not insisting he IS alive, mind you, I just think these Cybertronians are pretty hard to outright kill.
Ratchet does mention right after that Pharma was called away right after bisecting Ambulon, so it's possible Tyrest felt bad and decided to save him. Tyrest seems really torn up inside.

It's also sort of a big theme in this comic since MTMTE tries to cover for some of the absurd resurrections in the IDW canon. I like it, though, I honestly prefer if the Transformers are ridiculously durable. Kinda ties back to why I find Furman kinda dopey even at his best.

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

JUST GET IN THE FUCKING ROBOT SHINJI

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

Rung's brain module miraculously survived. I almost feel like Rung was supposed to be killed but Roberts decided against it.

Sadly I think Wheeljack and Ambus are pretty much permanently dead because their brain modules were probably destroyed. I don't even think Shockwave's magical revival powers could bring back a transformer without a brain, as you would just have a brainless, empty shell and there wouldn't be much point in that besides spare parts.

Of course they could just be like "Oh hey, look we just found Wheeljack's brain sitting there on the floor!" like they did with Rung. It's a little farfetched but not totally impossible because transformers DO have tiny little golf ball sized brains that could be knocked free of an explosion intact. It like.... extremely, EXTREMELY convenient and unlikely, but it can happen.

Lepecard
May 19, 2009
Soiled Meat
Hey, check out what ACToys has in the works:

Looks pretty drat cool to me!

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway
Huh.

I had said before: Onslaught is the weakpoint of FOC bruticus and a better one would make the whole package a much better gestalt team. Glad they've finally come around to it, I might actually get this.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Yep, sign me up for a better FOC Onslaught. I can never have enough Bruticus.

A Shitty Reporter
Oct 29, 2012
Dinosaur Gum
God, prototypes are always so dang pretty. Anyway, hope there's a G2 version.

SpikeMcclane
Sep 11, 2005

You want the story?
I'll spin it for you quick...
Gammatron, I suggest you get caught up on the more recent issues.

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway
As long as we're hinting about the latest rid, I'm going to complain about Rattrap. This is the second time now he's been portrayed as a scummy traitor to the autobots (he was like that in animated)

Taking a character that is a rat and making him a rat in the other sense is the laziest thing. And it's annoying because Rattrap was a good character that we haven't seen much of. He was a self serving, unheroic, greedy Good Guy. He had a blinding almost racist hate of the predacons, so he was loyal but in a way that was not alright. He had a lot of negatives and wasn't worlds greatest warrior but he was also practical, inventive, and dependable - when it came down to it he was a vital part of the team.

Not everyone you work with is going to be the greatest guy, sometimes you just gotta deal. And seeing how people work together when not everything is ideal is far more interesting to me than just an irredeemable heartless traitor. Most Autobots these days are either Really Nice or Asskicking Rebel Warriors. Rattrap was neither.

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

Yonic Symbolism posted:

Not everyone you work with is going to be the greatest guy, sometimes you just gotta deal. And seeing how people work together when not everything is ideal is far more interesting to me than just an irredeemable heartless traitor. Most Autobots these days are either Really Nice or Asskicking Rebel Warriors. Rattrap was neither.

"You can learn a lot from Rattrap...if you can stand him." - Optimus Primal

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!
Eh. Adding shades of The Autobots Are Not All Good Guys is all the rage nowadays. At least painting him as a traitor from the start in RiD is better than the idiotic episode of Beast Machines (you know which one).

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

But Rattrap was already a Not All Good Guys example. He felt way closer to a Predacon than a stuffed shirt ridiculous Maximal - He was a realist, a pragmatist and yeah he was a bit of a racist. He wasn't all gungho and he bordered most of the time on insubordinate.

And yeah I still don't understand the point of forcing beloved non-G1 characters into a G1 canon if you're just going to write whatever you want with them.

catch22
Feb 17, 2006
Aces toy store has a pre-order up for a Browning knock off.

http://acestoystore.com/store/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=13&products_id=605&zenid=e155426ee540ffc791518c0ee474a325

At $40 ($50 for red version) it's a good price, assuming the quality is good.

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

JUST GET IN THE FUCKING ROBOT SHINJI

SpikeMcclane posted:

Gammatron, I suggest you get caught up on the more recent issues.

Welp I just did.

catch22 posted:

Aces toy store has a pre-order up for a Browning knock off.

http://acestoystore.com/store/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=13&products_id=605&zenid=e155426ee540ffc791518c0ee474a325

At $40 ($50 for red version) it's a good price, assuming the quality is good.

Also I think I'm gonna have to get that. Hopefully it'll still be around next month, can't afford it night now.

GrimGypsy
Mar 27, 2007

They didn't change Waspinator's allegiance, but he can PILOT METROTITANS. Not exactly the bumbling goof of Beast Wars...and they didn't even try to make his alt-mode look like anything but a giant organic Earth bug.

I'm not a giant fan of the 'new' Rattrap, but I don't mind. All those Beast Wars characters would just sit on the shelf for the duration of the (I assume) highly popular MTMTE/RID runs, so at least they're appearing in some form. It's not like if they ever decide to resurrect Beast Wars, they can't just write 'classic' Rattrap into it.

I like the idea that after literally a million years fighting on some crappy planet, even a really good guy Autobot might find his nobility fraying a bit. He's not out there assassinating anyone in the shadows or trying to take over Cybertron, he's just gotten a little shady.

Oh, and RiD tends to have slow-moving gears in its plots. Prowl was mind controlled and essentially a Decepticon for what, like 12 issues? Let's not write off a change of heart/con game by Rattrap.

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

Looks like there's a good chance TFA Season 3 is finally coming home.

Shout! Factory to Release TFA and Unicron Trilogy

quote:

Exciting news for fans of Transformers Animated and the Unicron Trilogy! Shout Factory has announced that they have entered into a new partnership with Hasbro Studios to distribute certain Hasbro series. Included in the press release is Transformers Animated, and Armada, Energon and Cybertron. No word on if this means the Third Season of Animated will finally see a home video release, but hope springs eternal.

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

He is still almost definitely not a spy

Soiled Meat
My Sandstorm is untransformable (the front landing gear for helicopter mode came jammed up into the nose straight out of the box, so the piece won't fit over Sandstorm's head); which is a shame because he's otherwise fantastic.

Anyone have any idea how I can recover this without causing real harm?

VVV I've tried, the issue is the piece the head is mounted on keeps the wheel from coming down unless the nose piece is fully open scratch that, sixth time's the charm. I just had to use tougher string! Thanks!

PoptartsNinja fucked around with this message at 23:59 on Aug 23, 2013

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

PoptartsNinja posted:

My Sandstorm is untransformable (the front landing gear for helicopter mode came jammed up into the nose straight out of the box, so the piece won't fit over Sandstorm's head); which is a shame because he's otherwise fantastic.

I would probably loop a string underneath it and pull until it came out.

strangehamster
Sep 21, 2010

dance the night away

PoptartsNinja posted:

Can you hook it with a paperclip or a bit of string/floss, etc?

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
So I found 4 outta 5 for Ruination, seems there are no Whirls to be had. But I figured out a way to combine the Wreckers guns and the Combiner guns into one big super weapon, and Ruination can actually hold it.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?

WendigoJohnson posted:

So I found 4 outta 5 for Ruination, seems there are no Whirls to be had. But I figured out a way to combine the Wreckers guns and the Combiner guns into one big super weapon, and Ruination can actually hold it.

SHOW US, numbnuts, or don't post about it.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

DoctorWhat posted:

SHOW US, numbnuts, or don't post about it.

Impactor's gun isn't connected to anything yet because I was out looking for Whirl. But according to internet pictures whirl's gun has ports on it that will fit impactor's big rocket launcher gun, whirls' gun can probably fit either on the opposite side of road buster's little gun or it can connect to the buzzsaw.

Iced Cocoa
Jul 14, 2011

A quick question, what is with Trailcutter/Trailblazer thing? I've seen it referenced couple of times already, is it something in MtMtE that I missed?

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
Reworked the gun just abit, looks like any deluxe guy can hold it with ease.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Iced Cocoa posted:

A quick question, what is with Trailcutter/Trailblazer thing? I've seen it referenced couple of times already, is it something in MtMtE that I missed?

As far as i know they lost the trademark to Trailbreaker's name and now use Trailcutter.

SpikeMcclane
Sep 11, 2005

You want the story?
I'll spin it for you quick...
IDW likes to actually acknowledge these things, even though they can continue using the original names if they like, so there's actually story that goes along with the name change.

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

:siren: :siren: :siren:
AS A PROUD GAMERGATER THE ONLY THING I HATE MORE THAN WOMEN ARE GAYS AND TRANS PEOPLE
:siren: :siren: :siren:
Trailduder would've been my choice.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
Are Springer and Blitzwang still prevalent in stores? My friend picked me up Sandstorm already, so I'm good there, but I have to find the other two now.

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

Yeah, all three are still fairly common around here.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Keldroc posted:

Yeah, all three are still fairly common around here.

Awesome, thanks. Now, any TRU tips for getting my Soundwave on? Be at store opening, etc?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

The_Doctor posted:

Awesome, thanks. Now, any TRU tips for getting my Soundwave on? Be at store opening, etc?

Be there at opening, be lucky. Find out what TRU in the area tends to get them more often, as it seems to usually be one particular TRU in a region that gets the Soundwaves. The La Cienega TRU here got 40 one day, and all the TRUs have gotten a trickle here and there, but the Burbank TRU seems to get the lion's share of Soundwave shipments. Try using the "Ship to Store" option on the website if possible. Call ahead and find out what their shipment arrival days are. And, again, be lucky.