Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

I don't know either.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

enigmahfc
Oct 10, 2003

EFF TEE DUB!!
EFF TEE DUB!!

Every time I see this gif, all I can think is "oh my god, they bother to use actual sets and locations, and didn't have every once of background be a green screen."

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat

Deteriorata posted:

Kudzu. Imported from Southeast Asia as an ornamental plant and it's running wild over the Southeast US.

Good job not giving any of the relevant details you two. Yeah sure it's kudzu, but particular pic is from the Pearl Jam concert in Miami -03 on the five against one tour where a stray seed got into the crowd and that's the leaked cop photo from the scene 35mins after the outbreak. The fire department was called in directly after for containment / counterfiring.

GruntyThrst
Oct 9, 2007

*clang*

Karate Bastard posted:

Good job not giving any of the relevant details you two. Yeah sure it's kudzu, but particular pic is from the Pearl Jam concert in Miami -03 on the five against one tour where a stray seed got into the crowd and that's the leaked cop photo from the scene 35mins after the outbreak. The fire department was called in directly after for containment / counterfiring.

There were no survivors.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!

Good grief.

Clinton1011
Jul 11, 2007
If I remember correctly, the ball was filled with cement.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

He's a natural. Sign this kid up!

marshmallow creep has a new favorite as of 15:54 on Aug 24, 2013

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

Sire Oblivion posted:

What am I looking at? Vines over... trees?

It's the vine that strangled the south. It grows like loving lightning and has no natural predators down here, so lots of money has to be wasted on keeping it in check. Just remember kudzu whenever you hear about some rich gently caress wanting to bring "exotic" stuff from over seas.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Brainamp posted:

It's the vine that strangled the south. It grows like loving lightning and has no natural predators down here, so lots of money has to be wasted on keeping it in check. Just remember kudzu whenever you hear about some rich gently caress wanting to bring "exotic" stuff from over seas.

The solution seems simple. Import the predators that it has in Southeast Asia.

Placid Marmot
Apr 28, 2013
Welcome to Limmy's Show

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

CtrlAltDeath
Oct 24, 2003

Your bra bomb better work, Nerdlinger!

Phlegmish posted:

That's already happened recently, though not intentionally. Surprise surprise, they're also preying on soybean crops and other legumes! Hooray!

http://www.kudzubug.org/

e: for unrelated gif

CtrlAltDeath has a new favorite as of 17:53 on Aug 24, 2013

joshtothemaxx
Nov 17, 2008

I will have a whole army of zombies! A zombie Marine Corps, a zombie Navy Corps, zombie Space Cadets...
My favorite soccer dive.

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

Clinton1011 posted:

If I remember correctly, the ball was filled with cement.

Jesus, I hope not. Imagine kicking a ball of cement thinking it's a plain football. Hahhhhhh.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?

Brainamp posted:

I bought a house earlier this year, and I had that poo poo on the back of my yard. It was growing from a marshy wooded area behind my house, up some trees, and over my back fence. My dad and I finally went back with some heavy duty hedge clippers and chopped through it. We found the masses that were coming over the yard and cut it as close to the base as we could and pulled literally hundreds of feet of the stuff down from the trees, but it's only temporary. To kill it, you have to dig up this massive root mass that can weigh hundreds of pounds. It's absurd.

DONT TOUCH THE PC
Jul 15, 2001

You should try it, it's a real buzz.

blast from the past.

Mouse Dresser
Sep 4, 2002

This isn't Middle Earth, Quentin. There aren't enough noble quests to go around.

DreamingApe posted:

blast from the past.

Best instance of PG dick shots.

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

Ballers...I put numbers on the boards

davidspackage posted:

Jesus, I hope not. Imagine kicking a ball of cement thinking it's a plain football. Hahhhhhh.

It's not where the gif is from, but around the time of the 2006 World Cup, some guys went around leaving balls full of cement on the street with "Can You Kick It?" written on the ground beside it. A few people got hurt, as you would imagine.

Zeether
Aug 26, 2011

ruttivendolo
Oct 31, 2010

by elpintogrande

Lotish posted:

He's a natural. Sign this kid up!

First one is just Torres being Torres.

Busquets (the last one) is probably the worst. Jordi Alba comes second:

ruttivendolo has a new favorite as of 20:04 on Aug 24, 2013

Zeether
Aug 26, 2011

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light

ruttivendolo posted:

First one is just Torres being Torres.

Busquets (the last one) is probably the worst. Jordi Alba comes second:

How common is this in soccer (of which I know next to nothing)? Seems like kind of a massive dick move. Can they be penalized for this?

Kilonum
Sep 30, 2002

You know where you are? You're in the suburbs, baby. You're gonna drive.

Mister Kingdom posted:

How common is this in soccer (of which I know next to nothing)? Seems like kind of a massive dick move. Can they be penalized for this?

Yes, though it is hardly, if ever, enforced.

Visual Sneeze
Mar 4, 2008

Rose City 'til I die!

Mister Kingdom posted:

If the referees catch it in real time, yeah. I follow the US [and Canada, sorry about that :ohdear:] league (MLS) and here, at least, there's a committee that reviews games after the fact and sometimes hands out suspensions or fines to players for diving/simulation if the refs missed it during the game. I don't watch other leagues so I can't speak on that.

Visual Sneeze has a new favorite as of 01:52 on Aug 25, 2013

Awkward Davies
Sep 3, 2009
Grimey Drawer

Hey that's Grand Ferry Park in Brooklyn, that's a great park.

Memento1979 posted:

I don't know either.

I thought I'd seen this before so I did some lite googling. It took to this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1A3TaU8I6E

I guess it's by a guy named Denis from Moscow? Dunno.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Brainamp posted:

We're pretty well across that down here :smith: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Invasive_species_in_Australia

Just like these guys, although the ones we have aren't quite as cool as this.

Hydrolith
Oct 30, 2009

Mister Kingdom posted:

Soccer is so low scoring that if you can get a penalty by faking a foul, you've got a good chance to score the winning/only goal from that penalty. There's pretty big incentive to take a dive.

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

Getting into a bar fight with a bunch of soccer players must be tons of fun.

From the latest NTFS:SD:SUV episode (it's Lance Reddick, (Broyles from "Fringe")

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Hydrolith posted:

Soccer is so low scoring that if you can get a penalty by faking a foul, you've got a good chance to score the winning/only goal from that penalty. There's pretty big incentive to take a dive.
That and major soccer doesn't allow the ref to consult video replay because of idiot ideas that human error is part of the game of soccer.

Fridtjof Nansen
Jun 12, 2013

People find it difficult to resist your persuasive manner.

Phlegmish posted:

worked for the simpsons:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Friday the 13th Part 8: Jason Takes Manhattan

A spectacular piece of utter garbage, only surpassed by Friday the 13th Part 10: Jason in Space :allears:

particle409
Jan 15, 2008

Thou bootless clapper-clawed varlot!

ruttivendolo
Oct 31, 2010

by elpintogrande

Ghostlight posted:

That and major soccer doesn't allow the ref to consult video replay because of idiot ideas that human error is part of the game of soccer.

FIFA doesn't permit replays during matches but they can can be used for subsequent sanctions after the match has ended.

In the words of Blatter, honcho of FIFA "Let it be as it is and let's leave [football] with errors. The television companies will have the right to say [the referee] was right or wrong, but still the referee makes the decision – a man, not a machine.". And before you ask yes, it's bullcrap but keep in mind that you need to come up with a system that becomes standard basically all over the world since football national leagues are everywhere, teams compete every year in Champions League and Uefa and National teams compete in international leagues every 2-4 years.

ruttivendolo has a new favorite as of 13:57 on Aug 25, 2013

toanoradian
May 31, 2011

The happiest waffligator

toanoradian has a new favorite as of 14:45 on Aug 25, 2013

Zeether
Aug 26, 2011

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Okay, I'll bite. Why are the Super Circus Power Rangers fighting a dildo demon?

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

Gorilla Salad posted:

Okay, I'll bite. Why are the Super Circus Power Rangers fighting a dildo demon?

What makes you think they're fighting it?

prahanormal
Mar 8, 2011

heya /
One of them is on a ripstick and that is just great.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Senor Candle
Nov 5, 2008

• Locked thread