Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

freeipods
Jul 3, 2007

Here you go. http://www.earwolf.com/episode/bonus-cut-yo-is-yo-is-this-racist-racist/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bobservo
Jul 24, 2003

Thanks! I completely missed this somehow.

SMP
May 5, 2009

Did Andrew Ti ever respond to Besser?

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006
The official account of NFL Tackle Phil Loadholt.

Let's talk Football.
Also Matt Walsh is from Chicago so he took personal offense as well.

Also also Chicago was THE diaspora point for southern black people. So you know. No black people in chicago. The third largest city in the country.

Politicalrancor
Jan 29, 2008

soggybagel posted:

Also Matt Walsh is from Chicago so he took personal offense as well.

Also also Chicago was THE diaspora point for southern black people. So you know. No black people in chicago. The third largest city in the country.

Don't go south of Roosevelt road.

Lugaloco
Jun 29, 2011

Ice to see you!

When Besser's bonus cut episode aired I remember people in this thread saying that no one really came out a winner after it, including Besser. From what I remember I'd have to agree, there were assumptions made on both sides about race in Chicago etc that didn't paint anyone in the most positive light.

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

:shoboobs:
Racism; nobody wins

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!

Zsinjeh posted:

Racism; nobody wins

Just like Bestiality.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

Worst Case Ontario posted:

Just like Bestiality.

What if I put my hands up, close my eyes, and say a racist thing to nobody in particular?

moot the hopple
Apr 26, 2008

dyslexic Bowie clone

Lugaloco posted:

When Besser's bonus cut episode aired I remember people in this thread saying that no one really came out a winner after it, including Besser. From what I remember I'd have to agree, there were assumptions made on both sides about race in Chicago etc that didn't paint anyone in the most positive light.

I don't know about that because I definitely sided with Besser during the "feud". The woman on YITR was making a ludicrously indefensible and simply inaccurate point that broad racist comedy is somehow acceptable because the audience they are writing for are all-white and small-minded simply because they are from a certain region. Besser's main issue was that she was comfortably painting a whole swatch of people in a certain way while Ti, as the host of a podcast dealing with prejudice, simply let all that generalization slide.

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

moot the hopple posted:

I don't know about that because I definitely sided with Besser during the "feud". The woman on YITR was making a ludicrously indefensible and simply inaccurate point that broad racist comedy is somehow acceptable because the audience they are writing for are all-white and small-minded simply because they are from a certain region. Besser's main issue was that she was comfortably painting a whole swatch of people in a certain way while Ti, as the host of a podcast dealing with prejudice, simply let all that generalization slide.

Yeah, she literally said "Chicago, Detroit, and Arkansas. Places where there aren't any black people."

If you don't think there are black people in Chicago or DETROIT you're not racist, you're a loving moron.

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

SpacePig posted:

What if I put my hands up, close my eyes, and say a racist thing to nobody in particular?
AND THAT'S THE ONLY WAY

"Why do I have to close my eyes" is a pretty solid comeback, but I cracked up so hard at how vehemently Donald was selling the idea that this was the only way you could do it!
Donald was a really good call-in otherwise, that could have been a very risky guest to have on. I would have killed to have front-row seats with them acting out on my conversation like that.

Zsinjeh fucked around with this message at 10:52 on Aug 26, 2013

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost
I was looking for another podcast to listen to and among the new ones I tried was Jon Daly's Rafflecast and holy poo poo it is loving awesome.

I just finished the 4th episode "It will probably get loud", a parody of the documentary with Jimmy Page and Jack White, and I'll probably come back and listen to this episode over and over again.

While I'm sure Rafflecast has already been recommended many times in this thread, I just wanted to chime in with my own praise. If you haven't tried it yet, do yourself a favor and give it a listen.

Groucho Marxist
Dec 9, 2005

Do you smell what The Mauk is cooking?
Skip ahead and listen to the Entourage Writers' Room episode.

Fezz
Aug 31, 2001

You should feel ashamed.

Groucho Marxist posted:

:eng101:The Johnnys Bananas Writers' Room

How was the last live improv4humans?

emgeejay
Dec 8, 2007

Fezz posted:

How was the last live improv4humans?

The sound was out of sync the whole time, but they took a caller who asked for their thoughts on Ben Affleck as Batman (news which broke during the show) and there was a great scene involving a babysitting situation where the parents were at a racist tractor pull

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
The "University of Phoenix College Radio" Rafflecast will never fail to make me laugh.

"...before that we had the Red Hot Chili Peppers with 'Abracabralifornia (Bingabong Burbank)..."

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

Rafflecast rocks. Too bad it hasn't been updated in a while. Hopefully it's just a Kroll Show-related delay.

What is up with that Laffster live-show chat the Sklars have been promoting? I just checked it out and the top "tippers" get prizes. And you need to buy tokens with real money to tip the Sklars. So it's basically a cam show with two middle-aged Jewish men instead of a 19 year old girl with daddy issues and an inability to pay the rent?

piratepilates
Mar 28, 2004

So I will learn to live with it. Because I can live with it. I can live with it.

Mordecai Sanchez posted:

Rafflecast rocks. Too bad it hasn't been updated in a while. Hopefully it's just a Kroll Show-related delay.

What is up with that Laffster live-show chat the Sklars have been promoting? I just checked it out and the top "tippers" get prizes. And you need to buy tokens with real money to tip the Sklars. So it's basically a cam show with two middle-aged Jewish men instead of a 19 year old girl with daddy issues and an inability to pay the rent?

"how much tip to talk about the bears bb"

That is going to be one helluva weird show.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Jon Daly in general is just kind of amazing. The Mall McCartney character he did on CBB a while back was the best thing

Politicalrancor
Jan 29, 2008

Groucho Marxist posted:

Oh yeeeah, the murphy group

Conduit for Sale!
Apr 17, 2007

I like Jon Daly in everything else but I've just never been able to get into the Rafflecast. I only listened to the first couple episodes though. I'll have to check out the Entourage writers' room ep.

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

Conduit for Sale! posted:

I like Jon Daly in everything else but I've just never been able to get into the Rafflecast. I only listened to the first couple episodes though. I'll have to check out the Entourage writers' room ep.

It's very hit or miss since each episode is a totally new thing or sequel to a previous ep. There's no structure that even a weird show like Gelmania has. Besides entourage and It Will Get Loud, I'd recommend the early Building the Track episodes.

Jerc Jast
May 6, 2004

Yo Noid
Rafflecast is probably taking a break since Daly is working on that new show Betas right now.

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

Oh my god, I took a chance and looked at Who Dunnit after being talked about a bunch of Reality Show Show and oh my god it's the best thing ever.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nX73gr6DqrE
The suspension of disbelief they all have to act out is hilarious. I burst out laughing everytime they 'inspect' crime scenes and say incredibly hammy one-liners to sound detectiv-y.

*inspecting a stuffed mountain lion pretending it's alive*
"Alright kitty....tell me what you know"

e: oh poo poo almost forgot !!!!WARNING, THE SHOW IS REALLY SCARY PLEASE BE CAREFUL!!!!

e2: Hoooly poo poo I'm actually crying with laughter. "The Killer" made an audio tape splicing the voices of the contestants togehter to make it sound like they're turning on their friends and they're all in complete and utter shock
"Could they edit our voices somehow????"
- "THIS WHOLE HOUSE COULD BE RIGGED!!!"

Zsinjeh fucked around with this message at 10:25 on Aug 28, 2013

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Can someone kindly explain this to me?

Politicalrancor
Jan 29, 2008

Beef Jerky Robot posted:

Thats a tv, you use it to watch tv shows or movies.

Beerdeer
Apr 25, 2006

Frank Herbert's Dude
Moot from 4chan is on Fogelnest Files. Kinda whitewashing the horribleness of /b/. Good conversation though.

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

Beef Jerky Robot posted:

I think it's just a nod to TRSS having a similar name to Aqua Teen Hunger Force's latest title. I don't have cable so keep us posted if it's real. There's nothing on IMDB Pro though...

Fezz
Aug 31, 2001

You should feel ashamed.
You should post that in the Reality Show Show forum over at Earwolf. I'd bet they'd enjoy it.

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

I feel bad that they count the forums a bit as their basis for feedback from their fans, I don't have the effort to post on two forums for a podcast.

Everybody on Earwolf should just register an account over here like Jeff Ulrich did :colbert:

Fezz
Aug 31, 2001

You should feel ashamed.
Yeah, no kidding.

Hayes created a pilot called Ghostbags for Adult Swim with some other dude who wrote on Allen Gregory. Plenty of Earwolf talent on Adult Swim.

Deadline article about it.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Zsinjeh posted:

I feel bad that they count the forums a bit as their basis for feedback from their fans, I don't have the effort to post on two forums for a podcast.

Everybody on Earwolf should just register an account over here like Jeff Ulrich did :colbert:

A while back I think Jake Fogelnest made an account to post in FYAD for some reason

Beeez
May 28, 2012

Zsinjeh posted:

Yeah, this bothers me too, I don't remember my Earwolf account and they're making me feel bad.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Help Im Alive posted:

A while back I think Jake Fogelnest made an account to post in FYAD for some reason

He had Docevil as an early guest.

jakefogelnest
Jul 31, 2013
hi i'm jake

isnt that right
Dec 8, 2009

Busey?

If this is Jake Busey I. am. going. to. freak.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

Hi Jake, I just want you to know that you recognizing Jerry Seinfeld's voice on the Todd Glass show was one of my favorite things this year. Also don't go to FYAD it is a terrible place.

piratepilates
Mar 28, 2004

So I will learn to live with it. Because I can live with it. I can live with it.

Hey Jake.

Your show stinks :c00l:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Poopy Palpy
Jun 10, 2000

Im da fwiggin Poopy Palpy XD

Eltoasto posted:

Also don't go to FYAD it is a terrible place.

How bad could it be, I don't even post there anymore.