Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT BEING ALLERGIC TO POSITIVITY

TheJoker138 posted:

Affleck is rumored to be signed on for 18 films.

God, I hope he got them to agree to fund his directing for the next few decades as additional payment for having to appear in that much poo poo for that long of a time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

You didn't...

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

*Israeli Government-affiliated poster
Cranston is an interesting choice and I'm excited to see him as Luthor, but I just can't get over the bad feelings I have for this next movie. I'm hoping the first trailer assuages my fears, but I just can't see myself getting as excited about this movie. It's going to be incredibly difficult to earn that relationship between Batman and Superman in just one movie, the last Superman was so-so, and DC just doesn't seem to know what it wants to do with its characters.

Yoshifan823
Feb 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
So... No Kanye as Lex? boo

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

Adding Cranston and Affleck to the DC cinematic universe is some heavy hitting poo poo. I like WB's thinking. The cast for Man of Steel 2 is seriously ridiculous if you think about it.

Democratic Pirate
Feb 17, 2010

Yoshifan823 posted:

So... No Kanye as Lex? boo

The idea of Kanye just playing himself as Lex Luthor, the Rap super celebrity who is secretly a Super Villain, is pretty amazing.

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

Macys paid for this. Noodle Boy and Bonby are bad at video games and even worse friends.

BrooklynBruiser posted:

Yes, more Heimdall! MORE!

:allears: Idris Elba :allears:

They obviously don't get Heimdall.

Bob Quixote
Jul 7, 2006

This post has been inspected and certified by the Dino-Sorcerer

Grimey Drawer

Democratic Pirate posted:

The idea of Kanye just playing himself as Lex Luthor, the Rap super celebrity who is secretly a Super Villain, is pretty amazing.

Kind of reminds me of that old pilot for "Heatvision and Jack", where Ron Silver was both the actual actor and also an assassin working for NASA.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
I love Kanye West as much as the next guy, maybe even a lot more, but if you've heard stories about his attempts at taking improv classes with Matt Besser you wouldn't ever think he could act in a movie he didn't direct himself.

Tommy 2.0
Apr 26, 2008

My fabulous CoX shall live forever!
Wasn't it a lot of people's dream casting for Cranston as Luthor? I know it sure as hell was mine. To bad Spacey did Luthor one movie to early, but now I think Cranston would be a much better man for it. I hope this is true.

And I don't get people freaking out over Ben Affleck for Batman. He physically matches the character better than most of the previous actors, but I suppose I need to go back and watch more stuff he has been in (except Gigli). I still think Keaton was the best Batman.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
I don't think anyone's implying Kanye has to act. He just has to show up on set and do his thing.

tvb
Dec 22, 2004

We don't understand Chinese, dude!
Now I really want to see Lex Luthor fighting in his big goofy power suit and wearing shutter shades.

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

Perhaps it's in the nature of television. Just waves in space.

Gatts posted:

I don't think anyone's implying Kanye has to act. He just has to show up on set and do his thing.

Preferably in his Anchorman 2 getup:

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:

omg chael crash posted:

They obviously don't get Heimdall.

badjohny
Oct 6, 2005

That right there is the perfect man for the next Lex Luthor.

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

I rather he be John Stewart. I'd watch a (good) Green Lantern movie if he were involved.

BrooklynBruiser
Aug 20, 2006
Just have Idris Elba play every character ever. :allears:

Yoshifan823
Feb 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

scary ghost dog posted:

I love Kanye West as much as the next guy, maybe even a lot more, but if you've heard stories about his attempts at taking improv classes with Matt Besser you wouldn't ever think he could act in a movie he didn't direct himself.

Fine, he and Snyder can co-direct. I can guarantee that would make sure that the score was nothing short of miraculous.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

I made a thing :shobon:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0TAGdTHQvss

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

It's weird, because I've seen Cranston with hair and no beard, and I've seen him with beard and no hair, but I am having difficulty picturing him with no beard and no hair.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

Supercar Gautier posted:

It's weird, because I've seen Cranston with hair and no beard, and I've seen him with beard and no hair, but I am having difficulty picturing him with no beard and no hair.

I couldn't find any footage of Cranston without any hair on his head/face to use in my fanboy trailer, but I did find this image:

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit
Is that the dad from Malcolm in the Middle?

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Myrddin_Emrys posted:

Is that the dad from Malcolm in the Middle?

Yes he is.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
And he owns

Also why haven't you seen Breaking Bad yet you scrub

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost
Mark Strong would've made an awesomely sinister Luthor, but I can imagine Cranston being the jovial, charming Luthor who convinces the world he's a great dude (and Superman sucks, maybe) much better.

...of SCIENCE!
Apr 26, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
I just think it's funny that so many people fantasy cast Cranston as Luthor because of Walter White when the main drive of the show is that Walter White is a terrible person who isn't nearly as smart or badass as he thinks it is. That could be a fun take on the character, though: a Lex Luthor who proudly declares to the world that he is The Danger when earlier that same day he had been crying in his underwear in threat of mortal peril.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
Cranston can play the hell out of angry and Luthor is the angriest bad guy there is.

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

...of SCIENCE! posted:

I just think it's funny that so many people fantasy cast Cranston as Luthor because of Walter White when the main drive of the show is that Walter White is a terrible person who isn't nearly as smart or badass as he thinks it is. That could be a fun take on the character, though: a Lex Luthor who proudly declares to the world that he is The Danger when earlier that same day he had been crying in his underwear in threat of mortal peril.
I was talking to some of my friends about this tonight. Apparently some people think Cranston's character in Breaking Bad is supposed to be a hero?

That said, I think he could be a great Luthor.

wizardofloneliness
Dec 30, 2008

Hazo posted:

I was talking to some of my friends about this tonight. Apparently some people think Cranston's character in Breaking Bad is supposed to be a hero?

That said, I think he could be a great Luthor.

A lot of people have a hard time understanding that "protagonist" is not synonymous with "good guy". At least, I hope that's the reason.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Maybe some people like seeing the bad guys win for once?

Maybe it's a entertaining character to cheer for.

But no, goons have decided that anyone supporting him is a sociopath.

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

Vintersorg posted:

No, its just that most of the goons that barrack for him come across as loving nuts.

Then again, goons, so I guess that goes without saying.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.

Vintersorg posted:

I prefer the term 'puckish rogue'.

Urdnot Fire
Feb 13, 2012

Vintersorg posted:

It's more the people who excuse Walt's actions while condemning Skyler's.

But yeah, comic book movies. Cranston was a great Gordon in Year One, even though I'd prefer Gary Oldman to stay on for the next movies. Cranston would make an awesome Luthor though.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Gary Oldman as Gordon and Cillian Murphy as Scarecrow are two people who can get cast in every Batman reboot from now to the end of time, as far as I'm concerned.

NarkyBark
Dec 7, 2003

one funky chicken
I dunno if this is old news or not, but Vin Diesel did confirm that he's playing Groot although that wasn't the main reason he was at Marvel:

"That was the focus of our conversation — a fresh IP that would come out in 2016 or 2017, and potentially launch the third phase."

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
I wonder if he's going to be some sort of heavy hitter character or some such. Who has presence and gravity as a Marvel character? Black Bolt?

EDIT: Or Namor.

Gatts fucked around with this message at 20:27 on Aug 28, 2013

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

Marvel actually doesn't have Namor, Universal still has the rights

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

I could see Vin as Danny Rand.

Tripwyre
Mar 25, 2007

#RXT REVOLUTION~!

:ughh:

future scoopin'...

Travis343 posted:

I could see Vin as Danny Rand.

Well he's already got a nice working relationship with Dwayne "Power Man" Johnson.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

*Israeli Government-affiliated poster
James Spader is cast as Ultron for Avengers 2.

http://marvel.com/news/story/21099/exclusive_avengers_age_of_ultron_casts_james_spader_as_the_films_legendary_villain

• Locked thread