Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
bbf2
Nov 22, 2007

"The White Shadow"

Silly Burrito posted:

Better than NFL.com's site/app. I had to quit one of the leagues I was in because I hated the interface that much.

Oh my god, drafting on NFL.com is a nightmare. A whole bunch of the most vital information (your queue, the draft history, team rosters, and the chat) are all in four tiny boxes stacked on top of each other that you have to keep re-adjusting between constantly to see. And then there's a whole bunch of unused room on the bottom and in other various places and some of the graphics are pointlessly gigantic which could have easily been re-arranged to make one of those four vital boxes be placed somewhere else, like across the bottom or something. It's terrible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

bbf2 posted:

Oh my god, drafting on NFL.com is a nightmare. A whole bunch of the most vital information (your queue, the draft history, team rosters, and the chat) are all in four tiny boxes stacked on top of each other that you have to keep re-adjusting between constantly to see. And then there's a whole bunch of unused room on the bottom and in other various places and some of the graphics are pointlessly gigantic which could have easily been re-arranged to make one of those four vital boxes be placed somewhere else, like across the bottom or something. It's terrible.

You would think with the billions of dollars the NFL has, they'd actually try their own site versus other sites to see what works and what doesn't. Last year, trying to do anything with their app was a huge exercise in futility. It wouldn't connect, or it would connect and time out, or just a bunch of other crap. NFL.com fantasy football just stinks. Their postseason game isn't as bad, but their main FF? Yuck.

JetsGuy
Sep 17, 2003

science + hockey
=
LASER SKATES
I refused to postpone my "real people" draft in favor of you guys.

DO YOU SEE WHAT SACRIFICES I MAKE FOR YOU ASSHOLES?

Also, I know one of you volunteered to be co-commish. If you still want the job, speak up.

wasianchickn
Sep 4, 2006

welp
That was me dawg - still no life, so still willing.

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
You are receiving this broadcast as a dream...We are transmitting from the year one nine... nine nine ...You are receiving this broadcast in order t
I have never been more unprepared for fantasy football as I am this year. Just started reading stuff today. Looking forward to drafting people who are injured this Sunday :toot:.

JetsGuy
Sep 17, 2003

science + hockey
=
LASER SKATES

Pain of Mind posted:

I have never been more unprepared for fantasy football as I am this year. Just started reading stuff today. Looking forward to drafting people who are injured this Sunday :toot:.

:ssh: I always keep a separate window open and google EVERYONE i put on my queue. That way, no random injured players.

JuicedSixFo
Mar 16, 2007
Losing your first round pick before the season starts is a pro strat

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

JuicedSixFo posted:

Losing your first round pick before the season starts is a pro strat

So who is drafting Arian Foster this weekend?

JetsGuy
Sep 17, 2003

science + hockey
=
LASER SKATES

Silly Burrito posted:

So who is drafting Arian Foster this weekend?

Still better than drafting the wrong Adrian Peterson.

wasianchickn
Sep 4, 2006

welp
I will take Arian Foster at #38, thanks.

JetsGuy
Sep 17, 2003

science + hockey
=
LASER SKATES

wasianchickn posted:

I will take Arian Foster at #38, thanks.

Hey Chickns - congrats, you now have co-commish powers.

As Overlord, I may call on you to handle league business poo poo when I cannot. For example - I'll be out of the country for 2 weekends in September, both of which I'll be on planes. You will have to handle any league bullshit that might (but probably won't) pop up.

For the most part, I just need someone that can handle poo poo if I somehow disappear (or am away) for a while.

I'll still handle the league operations stuff because I gotta PROTECT THE SHIELD.

JetsGuy
Sep 17, 2003

science + hockey
=
LASER SKATES
:smug: Isn't it appropriate the NFC commish is underling to the Dan Marino Division overlord? :smug:

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

JetsGuy posted:

:smug: Isn't it appropriate the NFC commish is underling to the Dan Marino Division overlord? :smug:

No, you were supposed to give wasian powers, not commish!

Only registered members can see post attachments!

JetsGuy
Sep 17, 2003

science + hockey
=
LASER SKATES

Power of Pecota posted:

No, you were supposed to give wasian powers, not commish!

Who's on first, etc.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

JetsGuy posted:

Who's on first, etc.

What's on second.

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

My laptop's battery died last night and now I have to keep it plugged in or it automatically shuts down, but I'll still be here tomorrow night.

Two seasons ago my house's wifi network died and I had to draft from a McDonald's, and last season nothing bad happened at all but I forgot about the draft altogether. I'm considering not showing up to next season's draft whatsoever.

JuicedSixFo
Mar 16, 2007
What in the hell, I thought the draft was today this entire time

JetsGuy
Sep 17, 2003

science + hockey
=
LASER SKATES

JuicedSixFo posted:

JuicedSixFo posted:

How did you manage that?

JuicedSixFo
Mar 16, 2007
I swear it was set to Saturday, now I'm all thrown off.

wasianchickn
Sep 4, 2006

welp
Feel free to have your imaginary draft today and just skip tomorrow.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
Wasianchickn, I have to admit, I'm confused too, and as new non-Marino-tainted commish, I'm seeking your wise advice. I got an email in my email because I have email that gets delivered to me. Sometimes more than one a day, which is a marvel of modern technology because the post office guy only comes once a day and he keeps my magazines I swear I have proof. Anyway, in the this "Gmail" (which is what I call my emails because they come from a Googles), it looks like ESPN sent me a personal reminder. Which is nice becuase I can't remember everything or look on a web page that would tell me correct information, so I'm glad for my ESPN secret buddy who sends me stuff. I took a picture of it for you.

So it says that I have a Fantasy draft for tomorrow. Which is confusing because I thought it was for today. If you don't see that in the emails, I put a nice red arrow for you. However, I thought I might have misread that so I kept reading. If you will look at the yellow scissors (or you can kind of look at it sideways and it looks like those magnetic ribbions I keep buying for my car. I don't know why I buy them but I have over 78 of them on my car now because they kind of look cool and I"M sure it makes my car go fast. Anyway, around those yellow ribbons, it says something about ET time. I like ET, and I thought itw as the best ATari game ever. But what time does ET mean? Is it his planetary time? How does my super secret ESPN buddy know what time it is on ET's planet? Also, look at the little cute paw prints. They remind me of my dog, who passed away because she was old. She didn't have blue feet, no, but she used to go on walks with me. Anyway those paw prints say August 25, which is today if my big calendar isn't lieing to me. BUT IT DOESN'T SAY THE YEAR. What do I do? I don't know.

So in order to ask for your help, I added various pictures also so it would catch your attention. I meant to put serious serious football business things here. I put a ring for Dan Marino because he is a sad sad man who punches helpless dolphins. I Know because I saw it on the internet and it's the truth on the internet, my friend Roy said so. Then I saw some cute cats, and I figured that everyone loves cats even though I am a dog Person I watch funny cat videos on the compooter.

HALP

Silly Burrito fucked around with this message at 14:08 on Aug 25, 2013

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
You are receiving this broadcast as a dream...We are transmitting from the year one nine... nine nine ...You are receiving this broadcast in order t
Not sure if it is too late for this, but is anyone interested in trading up to #6?

JetsGuy
Sep 17, 2003

science + hockey
=
LASER SKATES
The draft date has always been Sunday, and I have not changed it since it was set. I am confused as to why ESPN would say otherwise.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Pain of Mind posted:

Not sure if it is too late for this, but is anyone interested in trading up to #6?

What do you have in mind? (Currently at 14)

Edit: Jetsguy, clean out your PMs, son.

Silly Burrito fucked around with this message at 20:34 on Aug 25, 2013

JetsGuy
Sep 17, 2003

science + hockey
=
LASER SKATES
Try it now SILLY

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

JetsGuy posted:

Try it now SILLY

There, your PM colonic has been completed, apparently.

VVVV Sorry about that, that's pretty crappy. :smith:

Silly Burrito fucked around with this message at 23:21 on Aug 25, 2013

JetsGuy
Sep 17, 2003

science + hockey
=
LASER SKATES

Silly Burrito posted:

There, your PM colonic has been completed, apparently.

:smith: I had a surgery to remove a tumor in my colon a year ago. :smith:

wasianchickn
Sep 4, 2006

welp
I feel like I have no idea what I'm doing and have done nothing to rectify this.

I'm ready.

wasianchickn
Sep 4, 2006

welp
I think that draft pretty much seals y'all'ses doom.

JetsGuy
Sep 17, 2003

science + hockey
=
LASER SKATES
****WALL OF SHAME****

People who were late or didn't show up:

Breesus Christ
Hot Dog Heros
1017 BRICK SQUAD

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
That was fun. Although it was a lot of crap to wade through.

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Unofficial Goon Disney travel agent since 2014!

Tens of Goons served!

Toward the end it's like "Are you hurt? No? I guess I'll take you then."

halonx
May 4, 2005

I would have said more during the draft, but the iPad app was being a bitch.

Schedule isn't set yet, right? No point checking out matchups?

JuicedSixFo
Mar 16, 2007

halonx posted:

i was probably the second most active and i was on the ipad app

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

JuicedSixFo posted:

The champion should set the best example. Now get off your rear end ESPN and give us Android people live drafting too.

JetsGuy
Sep 17, 2003

science + hockey
=
LASER SKATES
Just checked, and we beat our previous record of 4 no-shows. If you count the late guys as attendees, we had ONE no-show, which is simply astounding.

halonx posted:

Understood. I saw the iOS app, and can see how it'd be hard.

And yeah, I'll set the schedule sometime this week.

JuicedSixFo
Mar 16, 2007
Everyone who was late should get minus .5 points every game

JetsGuy
Sep 17, 2003

science + hockey
=
LASER SKATES

JuicedSixFo posted:

True, but iOS is notoriously finnicky and doesn't work on any two machines the same way. You know, because Apple is invincible and all.

Silly Burrito posted:

The champion should set the best example. Now get off your rear end ESPN and give us Android people live drafting too.

:smug: Android is to phones what Mizzou is like to the SEC - No one cares about it.

JetsGuy
Sep 17, 2003

science + hockey
=
LASER SKATES
All I gotta say is Breesus Christ better make up for his tardiness with the trash talk he gave us two years ago. He slipped last year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

JetsGuy posted:

True, but iOS is notoriously finnicky and doesn't work on any two machines the same way. You know, because Apple is invincible and all.

:smug: Android is to phones what Mizzou is like to the SEC - No one cares about it.

I like this post. Because it mocks Apple for being deficient, then tries so hard to put down Android in order to feel superior.

BTW, I'll ask Les to deliver your Cane's some time this week. I expect those 20 points to be used however I need them to be used.

• Locked thread