Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

nerdbot posted:

The Nolan North voice has the best reaction. With the others it's sort of a slow burn as they suddenly realize Zinyak butts in but Nolan North just gets SO GENUINELY MAD in an instant.

"ZINYAK! ZINYAK YOU LEAVE MARKIE OUTTA THIS!!! I'M GONNA FUCKIN' KILL YOU!!" I was dying. This game is amazing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Okay the Homie Conversation between Matt Miller and Veteran Child is the best. Veteran Child thinks Matt is another revived boss like himself, but gets pissed when he finds out the Saints not only gave him another chance, but also let him join them.

Emo Szyslak
Feb 25, 2006

Fight Club is the best screenshot fodder.

(i also made lobo)

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

You are being watched. :allears:
They are all great. I lost my poo poo at the one between CID and Tanya. Never change, CID!

cat doter
Jul 27, 2006

gonna need more cheese...australia has a lot of crackers
I've been getting a whoooole lot of crashes, every half hour to an hour. Anyone know if there's a fix or do I grin and bear it? I'm using an nvidia system if that helps.

nerdbot
Mar 16, 2012

CJacobs posted:

"ZINYAK! ZINYAK YOU LEAVE MARKIE OUTTA THIS!!! I'M GONNA FUCKIN' KILL YOU!!" I was dying. This game is amazing.

That basically sold me on the Nolan North voice when I heard it. He's an rear end in a top hat like the other voices but he's so pleasant about it. I've never been the biggest fan of his but he did a great job in this game.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

The one between King and Keith is pretty great too.

Keith:"Hell if someone wrote that in a book, there isn't anyone in the world who'd read that poo poo."
King: "Oh poo poo. :sigh:"

Diviance
Feb 11, 2004

Television rules the nation.

cat doter posted:

Apologies, I checked back some but must have missed it.

Anyway, speaking of SR2, I think it's kind of insane that people think it's the best. SR2 is so love/hate for me, there's a lot of fun stuff but there's a side of it that's a total drag, and I just find the story super uninteresting. SR4's story is stupid as hell but in a really engaging way, I actually want to know what's going to happen. It's the game that has really found its voice from a comedic angle, and at times it knows when to throw some heart in so we know it's not just something you laugh at but that it gives you a reason to care.

SR4 also, at least for me, doesn't have a bad spot in it. I love all of the activities, it gives you a fun way to move around the city, and it feels like a playground rather than a sandbox that punishes you for loving around too much by throwing gangs and police at you. SR4 is a culmination of everything the series has learned not just from a gameplay perspective but in story as well. The fat has been cut, the fun has been found, the humour has matured. It's so great, seriously.

Oh, don't feel bad, I was just poking fun. I actually find it hilarious to see it every other page, I love imagining the look one people's faces when they figure it out.

I think this is probably the best note I have ever had a series end on. That was a blast and I am happy this is where it ends up.

Rocketlex posted:

Well, once I unlocked the Mind Control blast element, it was inevitable what I would have to do. The red hair was no problem, but finding a flowing white dress for my boss was kind of tricky.

Now if only I could do something about that face...

You unleashed the Princess onto Stilwater?

You have doomed us all.

Diviance fucked around with this message at 07:28 on Aug 26, 2013

Lord Lambeth
Dec 7, 2011

Reiley posted:

Yeah if you don't dress like a Saint how do you expect to match your guns, your gang, your friends and your car?

If you don't wear purple you look like some random jackoff and not the leader of the free world.

I wasn't wearing purple for the final cutscene and I immensely regret it :(. Don't be me, wear purple.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Wait... :raise:

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 13 days!
You've got an inflate-o-beam?

Just the tip!

Ass-Haggis
May 27, 2011

asproigerosis confirmed
Yo, if anyone wants a 100% completed coop partner, just hit me up. rear end-Haggis on Steam.

Also, do we got a steam group for this poo poo to facilitate goons smashing up Steelport? I think we should have one. It'd be kickin rad.

GhostBoy
Aug 7, 2010

masteraero posted:

On the platforms that are the same height, do not charge your jumps unless absolutely necessary and use the air glide to aim your boss to the center of the platform. For almost any other platform in the challenge, a half charge combined with a glide will net you a bulls-eye. Also make sure you're always charging mid-glide, that way you're ready to jump to the next platform as quickly as possible.

On the hard platform rift, make sure you double back in the mid-section of the challenge and hit all of the arrow platforms before you progress to the next section.
On the platforming rifts, Air Dash is probably a better friend to you than Glide. By moving backwards while in a dash, you can brake your speed. That way you spend less time charging jumps, because the dash lets you move pretty much sideways, so you need less altitude. Once you get a sense of how much to brake, it becomes quite easy to hit the center, and since you are dashing, you shouldn't be very far over the platform anyway.

Only downside to this I've found is if you have multiple Air Dashes unlocked, you have to be careful you don't grace the movement controls and do a second one off to the side.

Loving the game thus far. Spend the weekend marathoning a French girl through (got 90%, which is way more than I expected, but I got lucky on a few challenges). Now I'm doing Brit Boss, and this time I've decided to always have homies along (for some reason I didn't think to do this until almost at the end last time), and only complete stuff as they pop up in sidequests. Doing Kieths tasks and listening to him trying to make his flimsy excuses for why this is exactly like campaigning was great fun, and made me regret later that I did a lot of them on my own.

Btw (end-mission spoiler)gently caress whoever made the controls for the base jump in the power suit work backwards. I must have spent 10 attempts, even reloading old saves, because I was convinced it was glitching and starting me too close to the wall. But no, of course when your boss floats towards the bottom of the screen, she is actually moving in the opposite direction! Bah, I say

I seems I will need to also do a Female 1, Male 1 and Southern Belle run, since I don't like swapping voices mid-game and want to hear it all. At least I know what to do with my spare time for the foreseeable future. Not looking forward to collecting a bazzilion clusters again though.

Systems_Id
Feb 16, 2005

LEFT CHEEK! LEFT CHEEK! LEFT CHEEK!
This game's finale somehow makes SR3's look tame.:stare:

The Cheshire Cat
Jun 10, 2008

Fun Shoe

I think maybe originally they were going to be flame weapon skins and the text didn't get changed in Kinzie's line. They are, in fact, golden weapon skins for some of the alien weapons (you get another unlock for the rest of the alien weapons from finishing a certain number of challenges in total). Flame skins would have made more thematic sense given the requirement, really.

Suben
Jul 1, 2007

In 1985 Dr. Strange makes a rap album.
Thinking about it, I know Yuri Lowenthal's a good VA but goddamn does he do a great job as Matt to the point where I went from not giving a poo poo about Matt to him being my favorite of the crew. I think what sealed it was the absolutely childlike glee Lowenthal has in the loyalty mission which results in what was, hands down, the funniest line in the game for me.

Oh my god NYTEBLADE IS ON HIS WAAAAAY!

The Cheshire Cat
Jun 10, 2008

Fun Shoe

Suben posted:

Thinking about it, I know Yuri Lowenthal's a good VA but goddamn does he do a great job as Matt to the point where I went from not giving a poo poo about Matt to him being my favorite of the crew. I think what sealed it was the absolutely childlike glee Lowenthal has in the loyalty mission which results in what was, hands down, the funniest line in the game for me.

That bit cracked me up too. He WROTE it and he's still just SO EXCITED!

GhostBoy
Aug 7, 2010

I never liked Matt as a character, so I am biased there, but his loyalty mission made sure he was stuck on the ship and ignored forever afterwards. I only did it to satisfy completionist me, and in case it came up in the end game somehow. I know bad fanfic was the the whole point, but hell if I wanted to listen to 20 minutes of it, or however long that took. In the immortal words of Shaundi and Kenzie: gently caress. That.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

I can't believe my mission objective just now was to fire rockets at a giant can of energy drink with an RPG until I killed it. This loving game :laffo:

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Rocketlex posted:

Assuming this game has dozens of mini-DLCs like the last one did, I hope one of them is just the addition of a "Zinyak Sings the Hits" radio station. I'd pay $2.00 for that.

EDIT: Also the bounce rifle is so brokenly strong. It just keeps getting better as you acquire new powers. Now I buff myself with ice, and in two squeezes of the trigger entire flashpoints get erased. It's insane.

I feel like that gun gets a little worse with the double fire, it overheats really quickly and I don't feel like it increased my killing power much. That gun is a lot of fun. I wasn't really feeling this game for the first couple hours. Every time I started having fun there would be a huge slog until the next bit of fun. But after some point I just started going around the map and doing everything on it and it is so loving fun. I played this game for at least 10 hours today and I was shocked when I looked at the clock. I've barely played any console games this year.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
God drat, Speed Rifts are annoying and janky as hell. The Boss controls like they're running on a patch of slippery ice covered in oil and vaseline and going around bends in the course sends you toward the outside edge of the curve every time. Why the hell am I having so much trouble with this? :psyduck:

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
Asha's romance scene is the most romantic yet.

Asha: I get to be on top, and you don't talk.
Boss: Deal!

Systems_Id
Feb 16, 2005

I just beat it.

All of my negative emotions have been wiped away by that end sequence.

Game of the Forever.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
It was worth the ride wasn't it?

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

You are being watched. :allears:

Suben posted:

The way he delivers this line totally made me think of the gerbil in Bolt that's voiced by Gabriel Iglesias.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uIN-QGBWHAI

e: If I just did Gat's loyalty mission and the next one is the 'Learn about DFA' one, how much farther do I have to go? Gonna try to power through to the end tomorrow.

WarLocke fucked around with this message at 08:40 on Aug 26, 2013

Systems_Id
Feb 16, 2005

Shindragon posted:

It was worth the ride wasn't it?
When The Boss and Zinyak started quoting Transformers: The Movie I nearly stood up in my living and applauded.

So loving good.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Awww... Our big purple friend is gone. :smith:

edit: The downed plane from the beginning of SR3 is still floating dead in the water on the other end of the map!

CJacobs fucked around with this message at 08:45 on Aug 26, 2013

Lord Lambeth
Dec 7, 2011

WarLocke posted:

The way he delivers this line totally made me think of the gerbil in Bolt that's voiced by Gabriel Iglesias.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uIN-QGBWHAI

e: If I just did Gat's loyalty mission and the next one is the 'Learn about DFA' one, how much farther do I have to go? Gonna try to power through to the end tomorrow.

You're like 2/3rds through the game, excluding side missions.

Suben
Jul 1, 2007

In 1985 Dr. Strange makes a rap album.
I really hope a soundtrack is released too because whatever I might think about the radio soundtrack the in-game stuff is fantastic. The Asha, Shaundi, and Gat loyalty missions especially.

Invenerable
Aug 7, 2005

YOU CAN BE A BIG PIG, TOO!

Does anyone have advice for actually completing a Telekinetic Catch? The fact that it's a challenge suggests it should be a simple game mechanic, but I have yet to pull one off. I just get hit in the face with whatever the Warden throws at me.

Edit: Never mind, I'm an idiot. I see it's just an upgrade I haven't gotten yet.

LAY-ZX
Nov 10, 2009

Invenerable posted:

Does anyone have advice for actually completing a Telekinetic Catch? The fact that it's a challenge suggests it should be a simple game mechanic, but I have yet to pull one off. I just get hit in the face with whatever the Warden throws at me.

That's one of the stupid ones, because it doesn't bother to mention that you actually need a TK upgrade to do it. It's one of the ones you get for a challenge, I think one of the medal challenges for Mind Over Murder.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

I can't believe my mission objective just now was to fire rockets at a giant can of energy drink with an RPG until I killed it. This loving game :laffo:

Speaking of, what's the deal with Paul?

The Kinzie/Pierce homie chatter makes it seem like it's some closeted issue, combined with Pierce's "I don't usually swing that way" romance line.

Is that all there is to it? Is it from one of the earlier games?

Dreadwroth
Dec 12, 2009

by R. Guyovich
/\/\It's kind of a joke referencing Pierce being the Saint in all the commercials, I think it being named Paul is just a silly name for a giant monster really.

Rhonne posted:

The one between King and Keith is pretty great too.

Keith:"Hell if someone wrote that in a book, there isn't anyone in the world who'd read that poo poo."
King: "Oh poo poo. :sigh:"

I like the running gag with King being obsessed with writing a second book.
Even better is when the Boss remarks that there's only like 9 people left to read it.
As awesome as Gat is, I like running around with Pierce and Fun Shawndi a lot more. They have some awesome dialogue together.
I agree they did a good job with Millar, he comes across as actually more mature if you listen to his logs.

Dreadwroth fucked around with this message at 09:00 on Aug 26, 2013

Terminally Bored
Oct 31, 2011

Twenty-five dollars and a six pack to my name
Wow, Asha's loyalty mission is just spectacularly bad.

First, I get a character I don't give two fucks about. And it's yet another uptight girl, as if new Shaundi wasn't annoying enough.
Then there's this stupid stealth section that's supposed to be funny because it's spoofing MGS, Splinter Cell and Batman Arkham series. What it really does, however, is make the stealth way more tedious than all of the above games. If you go into the light or shoot a guard before you shoot any of the lights it's back to the checkpoint at the beginning of the mission.

And the whole thing ends in a big, boring location with murderbots and evil-boss (with an eyepatch, of course). Asha's getting shot down every five seconds. So you have to run frantically around the level shooting murderbots, reviving Asha, dodging sniper bullets from evil-boss and somehow find time to shoot him/her in the face. Every enemy is a bullet sponge to the point it's not even funny. And you get stripped of all your powers and get an standard SMG.
Worst level so far.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Terminally Bored posted:

First, I get a character I don't give two fucks about. And it's yet another uptight girl, as if new Shaundi wasn't annoying enough.
Then there's this stupid stealth section that's supposed to be funny because it's spoofing MGS, Splinter Cell and Batman Arkham series. What it really does, however, is make the stealth way more tedious than all of the above games. If you go into the light or shoot a guard before you shoot any of the lights it's back to the checkpoint at the beginning of the mission.

And the whole thing ends in a big, boring location with murderbots and evil-boss (with an eyepatch, of course). Asha's getting shot down every five seconds. So you have to run frantically around the level shooting murderbots, reviving Asha, dodging sniper bullets from evil-boss and somehow find time to shoot him/her in the face. Every enemy is a bullet sponge to the point it's not even funny. And you get stripped of all your powers and get an standard SMG.
Worst level so far.
I think I agree. Also I still don't get why the boss's face changed for that mission.

I did laugh at "That light had a family!" though.

Pwnstar
Dec 9, 2007

Who wants some waffles?

Samurai Sanders posted:

I think I agree. Also I still don't get why the boss's face changed for that mission.

I did laugh at "That light had a family!" though.

It's because you become a generic videogame protagonist.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Pwnstar posted:

It's because you become a generic videogame protagonist.
A generic video game protagonist wouldn't be female though, maybe that's what threw me. If she suddenly turned into Solid Snake or something, then it would have made sense to me.

LAY-ZX
Nov 10, 2009

Samurai Sanders posted:

Because scripting the goatee and eyepatch so they'll fit on your custom Boss' face regardless of anything crazy you may have done to that face would pretty much be hell, and this way they get to make a couple of cheap visual references.

e:

Samurai Sanders posted:

A generic video game protagonist wouldn't be female though, maybe that's what threw me. If she suddenly turned into Solid Snake or something, then it would have made sense to me.

Female Boss turns into Meryl :ssh:

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

"Ah," Ratz had said, at last, "the artiste."

MassRafTer posted:

I feel like that gun gets a little worse with the double fire, it overheats really quickly and I don't feel like it increased my killing power much. That gun is a lot of fun.

All of the assault rifles feel strangely under-powered compared to the other weapons, possibly because you can dual-wield pistols and submachine guns and shotguns are just insane at close-range, especially the fully-upgraded No Country For Old Men one.

I do like the disintegrator rifle, though. Even with upgrades it's too slow for enemies that are actually a threat (especially since there's no damage upgrade for it), but it two-shots portals, has unlimited ammo that rapidly regenerates and the one-hit kill animation on scrub enemies is cool as hell.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Red7
Sep 10, 2008

Terminally Bored posted:

Worst level so far.

Some of the best one liners though

"gently caress, are we vampires in this simulation?"

and

"But Asha, those lights have families!"

Or words to that effect!

• Locked thread