Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

InfinEight
Apr 25, 2007

What planet is this again?-- OH SHIT

xzzy posted:

But what if the suitcase is actually a toolbox and the guy is actually wearing a fire proof suit? The scene is suddenly something very different!

Not sure what the stop light is there for, however.

Obviously, she crashed into the stop light, a scene which reinforces the fact that girls are colorblind. And just look at that scarf; who would wear pink with that hair color?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Ass Stooge
Nov 9, 2012

a hunger uncurbed
by nature's calling
The picture on the back of the box clearly shows the car stopped well away from the stoplight with smoke pouring from the grille. The driver is not to blame.

squarerandom
Mar 24, 2007

Obviously you're not a golfer.

xzzy posted:

But what if the suitcase is actually a toolbox and the guy is actually wearing a fire proof suit? The scene is suddenly something very different!

Not sure what the stop light is there for, however.

Maybe the light is there for scenery to add onto the cityscape? Anyways are the new minifigs out? I need grandma catsweater so bad.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT BEING ALLERGIC TO POSITIVITY

The rear end Stooge posted:

The picture on the back of the box clearly shows the car stopped well away from the stoplight with smoke pouring from the grille. The driver is not to blame.

God drat women drivers can't even crash properly in Lego town!

Joramun
Dec 1, 2011

No man has need of candles when the Sun awaits him.

Colonial Air Force posted:

Waiting for some stupid "Oh so women can't drive, Lego!?" shitstorm.

Actually, the woman is clearly a powerful, highly paid white collar worker who drives an expensive convertible, whereas the man is just an unshaven blue collar worker working for a car towing company. She probably makes at least thrice as much money as he does. It unironically strikes me as one of the most feminist and girl power-y Lego City sets.

Who run the world? Lego girls.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

Joramun posted:

Who run the world? Lego girls.

What man hating rubbish. I'm going to go draw up some proposed logo's for my new Cocks Against Blocks facebook page.

Joramun
Dec 1, 2011

No man has need of candles when the Sun awaits him.
Good luck going toe-to-toe against Chicks with Bricks.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

I hope to hell the respective groups don't get booths across from each other at brickworld.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

xzzy posted:

I hope to hell the respective groups don't get booths across from each other at brickworld.

I'm hoping we end up near Studs with Studs myself.

ltr
Oct 29, 2004

squarerandom posted:

Anyways are the new minifigs out? I need grandma catsweater so bad.

Word last week from my local Lego store was this week or next. So time to start hitting up Targets and Toys'r'us again.

squarerandom
Mar 24, 2007

Obviously you're not a golfer.

ltr posted:

Word last week from my local Lego store was this week or next. So time to start hitting up Targets and Toys'r'us again.

Just got outta a store, apparently it's SEP1 they come in. They also told me the Death Star is retiring and so is Jabbas palace by the end of the year?? I gotta get those two sets :negative:

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

Being in the UK I've already got every figure I want from 11. I actually managed no duplicates this time too.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

PriorMarcus posted:

Being in the UK I've already got every figure I want from 11. I actually managed no duplicates this time too.

:hfive: yeah, we've had them here in the UK for a couple of weeks now. I posted a pic when I found them. :)

Guzwar
Feb 21, 2006
Everything's coming up Milhouse!

squarerandom posted:

Just got outta a store, apparently it's SEP1 they come in. They also told me the Death Star is retiring and so is Jabbas palace by the end of the year?? I gotta get those two sets :negative:

Unnnnngh, time to start hitting some OT at work. Been wanting the Death Star for a long time but I can never justify that price tag.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

The_Doctor posted:

:hfive: yeah, we've had them here in the UK for a couple of weeks now. I posted a pic when I found them. :)

This is actually my favorite series in a good while, lots of awesome figures.

I'm currently building suitable furniture for the town house so my old couple can inhabit it.

Rathina
Jan 8, 2001
I have heard Target has them in stock now, but I plan on going September 1st to the lego store, getting the city advent calendar, friends advent calendar, and however many packets of series 11 to take me up to the free little vw bus that you get when you spend $75.

Factor Mystic
Mar 20, 2006

Baby's First Post-Apocalyptic Fiction

InfinEight posted:

Get out of here grandpa.

This thing was amazing and that 5-stud sleeper cab blew my mind when I was 11.

Yeah this is one of my favorite sets. This is a great set to put on the edge of of a cliff and then watch as guys and equipment falls and explodes. Not to mention all the high speed freeway chases/escapes.

Pyroclastic
Jan 4, 2010

Man, I hope they show up at Fred Meyer this week. There's a 20% off toys coupon in this week's ads.

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

ltr posted:

Just found one of those hanging endcaps at Target with the new wave. Surprising because Target is usually last to get them near me, with Fred Meyer/Kroger's getting cases first.

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

:siren: :siren: :siren:
AS A PROUD GAMERGATER THE ONLY THING I HATE MORE THAN WOMEN ARE GAYS AND TRANS PEOPLE
I went to my local lego shop and got these:

Each cost me close to US$49. I think some voodoo economic magic happens in the US that keeps lego prices within reason. In any case I asked about the lunar limo, but they told me it sold out years ago. I'm not going to look but I assume eBay will ask an absurd amount of currency for a new one.

GTJustin
Nov 24, 2010

Ka0 posted:

Each cost me close to US$49. I think some voodoo economic magic happens in the US that keeps lego prices within reason. In any case I asked about the lunar limo, but they told me it sold out years ago. I'm not going to look but I assume eBay will ask an absurd amount of currency for a new one.

Looked at my receipt and I picked up the lunar limo for $39.99+$8.99 shipping off Amazon over a year ago. I think it's worth it, brick daddy owns

InfinEight
Apr 25, 2007

Ka0 posted:

There's quite a few on Bricklink for under $40, but being on Saturn you'll have to pay higher shipping charges so you'll probably end up paying a lot anyway.

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

AS A PROUD GAMERGATER THE ONLY THING I HATE MORE THAN WOMEN ARE GAYS AND TRANS PEOPLE
If I can get away with first class international shipping, it should be about $20 which is OK with me. eBay scalpers have all switched to "priority", which is an insta-$49 on shipping alone.

DrChud
Jun 18, 2004

I've been a huge fan of the City trucks, and seeing the names listed on Brickset for 2014, I'm even more jazzed. Monster truck, tow truck, camper van, logging truck, and airport fire truck(man I hope it's one of those big ones with the pointy front).

Neurion
Jun 3, 2013

The musical fruit
The more you eat
The more you hoot

Ka0 posted:

Wait a minute, EACH cost you close to $49? Not the entire transaction? Which LEGO store did you go to?

LanceKing2200
Mar 27, 2007
Brilliant!!
Random question that Google has been frustratingly unhelpful with. Does anyone know the exact dimensions of a built 10221 Super Star Destroyer? I'm finally moving into my own place and got the set to celebrate, but I want to mount it once it's built in a display coffee table for the living room. I want to get a display table with a glass top so the SSD can be underneath and safe but still visible.

If anyone knows the exact dimensions, or even a table that could be used for this, that would be great!

Edit: Basically something like this, but bigger obviously:

LanceKing2200 fucked around with this message at 19:27 on Aug 27, 2013

Neurion
Jun 3, 2013

The musical fruit
The more you eat
The more you hoot

LanceKing2200 posted:

Random question that Google has been frustratingly unhelpful with. Does anyone know the exact dimensions of a built 10221 Super Star Destroyer? I'm finally moving into my own place and got the set to celebrate, but I want to mount it once it's built in a display coffee table for the living room. I want to get a display table with a glass top so the SSD can be underneath and safe but still visible.

If anyone knows the exact dimensions, or even a table that could be used for this, that would be great!

Edit: Basically something like this, but bigger obviously:

I can tell you the length at least. It's almost 50 inches long.

Edit: Get a good top-down or side view of it with minimal projection and you could probably extrapolate the depth and height as well.

Neurion fucked around with this message at 19:39 on Aug 27, 2013

LanceKing2200
Mar 27, 2007
Brilliant!!

Neurion posted:

I can tell you the length at least. It's almost 50 inches long.

Yeah, the marketing blurbs all have the length, but I need the height and width too.

Flipperwaldt
Nov 11, 2011

Won't somebody think of the starving hamsters in China?

LanceKing2200 posted:

Yeah, the marketing blurbs all have the length, but I need the height and width too.
It's at least going to fit this custom made display case of 52in. W x 14in. D x 14in. H.

edit: so it's a little bit smaller than that.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

LanceKing2200 posted:

I found this:

http://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=80637

Which details the width, but not the height.

Captain Magic
Apr 4, 2005

Yes, we have feathers--but the muscles of men.
So, I'm building a Galaxy Squad dropship. It's still fairly rough, and I would like some thoughts on some particular elements. (I am sorry that my phone pictures are not quite as quality as I would have hoped before uploading them)

From the front!

From the side!

From behind! (Yeah, the mech is sitting down and is fully secured)

Gatling laser guns under the wings are fully rotatable. Plus, they spin!

"Gemini" engines on the side change direction to allow for vertical movement.

Also, they detach.

Also, they combine!

Oh, it carries the Galactic Titan (which I still need to modify so it's a little less lovely). But the hanger door opens UP so that the Titan's jet module can detach without the tank having to leave the dropship.

The final product will have a better ramp for ease of moving in and out.

From the underside. Oh yeah, it's sturdy as a motherfucker.

So obviously the coloring's not completely right yet (I was going for mostly green/gray/white, with it fading into white and orange toward the back, which I hope is evident), and all the detailing along the sides is not done at all (thus all the empty technic spots).

But my questions for you guys are mostly concerning the hangar doors. Basically, the back two stages of the doors work fine, but that front bit that is closest to the ramp looks like poo poo. I think I could work around it by having a lot of curtaining parts, but I was wondering if you had a more elegant solution (even one that changed the design itself).

I also would like some space for a kind of command center--the thing is basically a hollow shell right now when it's not carrying other troops, and I wanted a space somewhere for a pilot of some kind. My initial thoughts had that planted somewhere on the hangar door, but I'm not sure about that now. Maybe in that empty space behind the mech?

Flipperwaldt
Nov 11, 2011

Going from this picture and assuming the shelves it's on are a 149cm Ikea Expedit, I get ~21.5 cm high, ~10.5 cm excluding the stand. Length ~110.5 cm.

Assuming the 34cm from the above link is correct, you get:

L 43.4" x W 13.4" x H 8.5" (4.5")

None of this is accurate enough to work with, I guess. I get a 5cm variance in height when I use the forums guys 49cm for the distance between the stands.

edit: Which turns out to be more correct, since the star destroyer is actually 120cm long according to other sources, so that should make the height pretty close to 24.5cm-25cm.

L 120cm x W 34cm x H 24.5cm (14cm)

Please don't kill me if it isn't accurate enough, though.

Flipperwaldt fucked around with this message at 20:33 on Aug 27, 2013

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

DrChud posted:

I've been a huge fan of the City trucks, and seeing the names listed on Brickset for 2014, I'm even more jazzed. Monster truck, tow truck, camper van, logging truck, and airport fire truck(man I hope it's one of those big ones with the pointy front).

A Rosenbauer. There was one on the transformers kreo line but it wasn't very good.

LanceKing2200
Mar 27, 2007
Brilliant!!
Excellent, with those dimension it should just barely fit into the underside of this table. Thanks everybody, I'll post pictures once I finish it, I'm going to get lighting for it as well.

InfinEight
Apr 25, 2007

Captain Magic posted:

So obviously the coloring's not completely right yet (I was going for mostly green/gray/white, with it fading into white and orange toward the back, which I hope is evident), and all the detailing along the sides is not done at all (thus all the empty technic spots).

But my questions for you guys are mostly concerning the hangar doors. Basically, the back two stages of the doors work fine, but that front bit that is closest to the ramp looks like poo poo. I think I could work around it by having a lot of curtaining parts, but I was wondering if you had a more elegant solution (even one that changed the design itself).

I also would like some space for a kind of command center--the thing is basically a hollow shell right now when it's not carrying other troops, and I wanted a space somewhere for a pilot of some kind. My initial thoughts had that planted somewhere on the hangar door, but I'm not sure about that now. Maybe in that empty space behind the mech?

Looks like a neat idea so far. For the front of the upper doors, I'd recommend getting yourself some big, angled plates so you can make them meet in a more seamless fashion; those big square plates will never look good. The only way to avoid the angles would be to make the hangar into a big, covered box with a more regular-shaped door at the front, which wouldn't be bad but it would be piece-intensive.

FordGT40
Jul 4, 2012
Has anyone here been to Legoland Windsor? I'm going this weekend and was wondering if anyone had any tips on what to see and do? I've heard there's a lot to cram into one weekend. I read somewhere that they sell discontinued sets too, or is it just your run of the mill Lego store?

Flipperwaldt
Nov 11, 2011

LanceKing2200 posted:

Excellent, with those dimension it should just barely fit into the underside of this table. Thanks everybody, I'll post pictures once I finish it, I'm going to get lighting for it as well.
Nononononono. I edited, the length is more like 47.3" and on a different note, Ikea mislabels their furniture sizes, so you should measure in real life anyway. I've had an Ivar being over an inch wider than what was advertised.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

LanceKing2200 posted:

Mount it on a spit and install a button to flip the thing over on its back so you can see the underside detail. :v:

Steinbeck
Apr 6, 2008
Because why not a Crocosaurus Mech?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LanceKing2200
Mar 27, 2007
Brilliant!!

Flipperwaldt posted:

Nononononono. I edited, the length is more like 47.3" and on a different note, Ikea mislabels their furniture sizes, so you should measure in real life anyway. I've had an Ivar being over an inch wider than what was advertised.

Yeah, I was gonna measure anyway. It's looking more and more like I'm gonna have to make a custom table for this.