Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?noseen=0&threadid=3525444&perpage=40&pagenumber=975#post418790524

Thanks for another informative megapost, Benny! Hey, it's been a week, what's your progress like? Sticking with your meds and making progress towards therapy?

(Despite all you hope for, this thread will not die quietly.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AcidRonin
Apr 2, 2012

iM A ROOKiE RiGHT NOW BUT i PROMiSE YOU EVERY SiNGLE FUCKiN BiTCH ASS ARTiST WHO TRiES TO SHADE ME i WiLL VERBALLY DiSMANTLE YOUR ASSHOLE
why ARE your cartoon post's so much better than these? I mean gently caress, i was actually interested in that.

new phone who dis
May 24, 2007

by VideoGames
Morbid Hound
He's using Dr Seuss cartoons and filling in his own words. I don't see what's so magnificent about them. It's like mad libs or a coloring book.

AcidRonin
Apr 2, 2012

iM A ROOKiE RiGHT NOW BUT i PROMiSE YOU EVERY SiNGLE FUCKiN BiTCH ASS ARTiST WHO TRiES TO SHADE ME i WiLL VERBALLY DiSMANTLE YOUR ASSHOLE

natetimm posted:

He's using Dr Seuss cartoons and filling in his own words. I don't see what's so magnificent about them. It's like mad libs or a coloring book.

Eh your right, maybey it's because i actually didnt know The seuss man did wartime cartoons. Seeing swastika's on a snuffeluplagus is kinda jarring.

Also benny, can you explain to me why the gently caress you liked elysium? (and where all the money for these movie tickets comes from)

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe

AcidRonin posted:

why ARE your cartoon post's so much better than these? I mean gently caress, i was actually interested in that.

Probably bought the book http://www.amazon.com/Dr-Seuss-Goes-War-Editorial/dp/1565847040

Benny the Snake
Apr 11, 2012

GUM CHEWING INTENSIFIES
Nope: using the UC San Diego Library as a resource. I love libraries.

new phone who dis
May 24, 2007

by VideoGames
Morbid Hound

Benny the Snake posted:

Nope: using the UC San Diego Library as a resource. I love libraries.

Have you tried checking out some Thoreau, whiting out the text, and scribbling your detective story into it?

Benny the Snake
Apr 11, 2012

GUM CHEWING INTENSIFIES

natetimm posted:

Have you tried checking out some Thoreau, whiting out the text, and scribbling your detective story into it?
No. I'll never plagiarize or do fanfiction. I might be a bad writer, but I have standards, dammit.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Benny the Snake posted:

I might be a bad writer, but I have standards, dammit.

If this were true, you wouldn't have this thread. Update us about your life, Benny! Are you okay, doing better, getting worse? Any job prospects, volunteering, ANYTHING besides sitting at home making megaposts?

Benny the Snake
Apr 11, 2012

GUM CHEWING INTENSIFIES

WampaLord posted:

If this were true, you wouldn't have this thread. Update us about your life, Benny! Are you okay, doing better, getting worse? Any job prospects, volunteering, ANYTHING besides sitting at home making megaposts?
Well for perspective I've been applying to about four to five jobs a day online. This involves writing cover letters, sending resumes, and following up with phone calls. I haven't gotten a single interview. So since last week I've decided to make the rounds and apply to local retailers. So far, three seem like they've got prospects since hiring for the holiday season starts in September and October. My meds are making me sleepy and I'm having trouble enunciating my words. But on the upside, I'm not hearing voices calling my name any more. I'm considering not seeing my psych and stop taking my meds since I'm doing both out of pocket. I'm still seeing my therapist since I can afford that. Once I get a job, I'll be able to get back on my meds and see my psych again.

Benny the Snake fucked around with this message at 22:22 on Aug 26, 2013

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Benny the Snake posted:

I'm considering not seeing my psych and stop taking my meds since I'm doing both out of pocket. I'm still seeing my therapist since I can afford that. Once I get a job, I'll be able to get back on my meds and see my psych again.

You have these two things in exactly the wrong order. Seeing your pysch and taking your meds will help you get a job, do not stop doing either of these things.

I'm loving serious.

Why are you going back to retail when you know you're bad at it?

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Benny the Snake posted:

Well for perspective I've been applying to about four to five jobs a day online. This involves writing cover letters, sending resumes, and following up with phone calls. I haven't gotten a single interview. So since last week I've decided to make the rounds and apply to local retailers. So far, three seem like they've got prospects since hiring for the holiday season starts in September and October. My meds are making me sleepy and I'm having trouble enunciating my words. But on the upside, I'm not hearing voices calling my name any more. I'm considering not seeing my psych and stop taking my meds since I'm doing both out of pocket. I'm still seeing my therapist since I can afford that. Once I get a job, I'll be able to get back on my meds and see my psych again.

This seems a good plan.*

* for EN entertainment, not for your life.

cailleask
May 6, 2007

WampaLord posted:

You have these two things in exactly the wrong order. Seeing your pysch and taking your meds will help you get a job, do not stop doing either of these things.

This advice. Listen to this advice. Taking your meds is your 100% top priority. Everything else comes second. If you think the meds aren't working (and judging from your post they ARE working), talk to your psych. Do NOT just stop cold-turkey, please. You are on the right track right now. Don't stop!

Benny the Snake
Apr 11, 2012

GUM CHEWING INTENSIFIES

WampaLord posted:

I'm loving serious.

Why are you going back to retail when you know you're bad at it?
I was a drat good cashier. That's why I'm going back. I'll make an appointment with my psych then.

BrainParasite
Jan 24, 2003

You have not even been taking your medication long enough for it too make that much of a difference. DO NOT STOP TAKING YOUR MEDICATION.

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

Benny the Snake posted:

I'm considering not seeing my psych and stop taking my meds since I'm doing both out of pocket.

Don't do this. Please. This isn't "ha ha he seriously thinks calling in hung over is a solid plan" bad, it could seriously gently caress you over.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

You know what?

gently caress you, you piece of poo poo. Most of this thread has been trying to help you but you continually ignore our advice and questions. Sure a lot of people poo poo all over you, but there was a metric ton of good advice in this thread that you've done nothing but ignore.

Stop taking your meds and go back to having your mom yell at you for watching a homosexual kiss on TV you colossal waste of flesh. And when you die, know you've completely wasted a life full of possibilities and happiness.

Still looking forward to that next Seuss megapost you crazy backwards-priority shitlord!

Aerofallosov
Oct 3, 2007

Friend to Fishes. Just keep swimming.

Benny the Snake posted:

I was a drat good cashier. That's why I'm going back. I'll make an appointment with my psych then.

You really can't just go off your medication like that. :/ It's not good for you.

Skinny King Pimp
Aug 25, 2011
Skinny Queen Wimp
How do you not qualify for prescription assistance? Are there not sliding scale mental health clinics that will help you enroll in these things? I don't see how I can live in bumfuck Georgia and have access to this stuff and you live near a reasonably large city and don't have access. I mean, poo poo, the county clinic that I go to goes all the way down to totally free for all services and prescriptions. You're not even employed, how can you not qualify for that kind of thing?

Keep taking your meds and keep going to therapy, good god.

e: If you stop taking an antidepressant suddenly, you can have some really, really nasty side effects. Same with an antipsychotic. If you stop your ap suddenly, you are at risk for rebound psychosis, the kind that makes you go to the hospital. Find a way to afford your loving meds and talk to your psych if you can't afford them so that you can at least get off of them in a safe way.

Skinny King Pimp fucked around with this message at 23:24 on Aug 26, 2013

Benny the Snake
Apr 11, 2012

GUM CHEWING INTENSIFIES
Psychotic break? gently caress me. I've scheduled an appointment with my psych this Friday.

new phone who dis
May 24, 2007

by VideoGames
Morbid Hound

WampaLord posted:

You know what?

gently caress you, you piece of poo poo. Most of this thread has been trying to help you but you continually ignore our advice and questions. Sure a lot of people poo poo all over you, but there was a metric ton of good advice in this thread that you've done nothing but ignore.

Stop taking your meds and go back to having your mom yell at you for watching a homosexual kiss on TV you colossal waste of flesh. And when you die, know you've completely wasted a life full of possibilities and happiness.

Still looking forward to that next Seuss megapost you crazy backwards-priority shitlord!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PFkAAvDkj9k

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

Benny the Snake posted:

Psychotic break? gently caress me.

Yeah. Not something to get yourself worked up about unnecessarily, but it really is that serious. Which isn't to say you won't be able to stop taking them ever ever, but you'd need to ease off of them, and to be under a doctor's care when you do so. And yeah, there's almost certainly going to be something that will help you pay for the prescriptions and the doctors' visits out there.

quote:

I've scheduled an appointment with my psych this Friday.

Good man. And yeah, the other thing folks said is true as well; tell your psychiatrist about the side effects you're having. It's not unusual at all for meds like this to need to be adjusted.

Eris
Mar 20, 2002
Please don't call jobs to "follow up" after you've sent a résumé.

Araenna
Dec 27, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
I slept for about two weeks straight when I started the cymbalta. It's possible you'll adjust.

Also, last time I went off cymbalta, I had a breakdown, , constant vertigo, migraines my injectable meds for migraines wouldn't touch, and cried constantly while my moods swung like crazy. That was weaning off like my doctor told me to. I don't know about what you're on, but yeah. Stopping psych meds out of nowhere can be a bad idea. Please don't do it.

Dr. Lariat
Jul 1, 2004

by Lowtax

Benny the Snake posted:

drat good cashiers don't get fired in the first month but whatever dude, shine on you crazy diamond.

Geoj
May 28, 2008

BITTER POOR PERSON

Dr. Lariat posted:

drat good cashiers don't get fired in the first month but whatever dude, shine on you crazy diamond.

To be fair wasn't he fired for hitting a car while pushing carts and not because of some shortcoming as a cashier?

Although that's pretty close to splitting hairs - generally if you're let go at a company for any reason other than hours being cut that bridge is permanently burned. If they thought he was a fuckup as a cart pusher but had a promising career as a cashier they would have just moved him off of cart duty.

Geoj fucked around with this message at 01:44 on Aug 27, 2013

Benny the Snake
Apr 11, 2012

GUM CHEWING INTENSIFIES

Dr. Lariat posted:

I was fired for being a terrible parking lot gofer.

Dr. Lariat
Jul 1, 2004

by Lowtax
Big companies with HR departments and potentially large cumulative unemployment payouts don't let people go based on a single event, they make sure their ducks are all in a row and put together multiple reasons behind firings to cover their own rear end against unemployment claims, even in the right to work state I've been in for years the only time I see anyone let go due to a single event it's because of a huge policy infraction, typically theft or using drugs/alcohol on the job or showing up clearly intoxicated. Any other time I've tried to get someone out I had to build a pretty good case for it.

Geoj posted:

Although that's pretty close to splitting hairs - generally if you're let go at a company for any reason other than hours being cut that bridge is permanently burned. If they thought he was a fuckup as a cart pusher but had a promising career as a cashier they would have just moved him off of cart duty.
Yea, that was pretty much the point I was getting at with my snark. You don't fire an otherwise "drat good" employee due to a single mistake, you use that mistake as a catalyst to put a process in motion that you were already building towards.

Additionally, letting a new hire go for a single screw up is really frowned up by HR because it is a lost investment, the drug test, background check, orientation and training is a big non-productive cost to the company per employee and a middle manager deciding to flush all that down the toilet on a single mistake is good way to make enemies at corporate.

Dr. Lariat fucked around with this message at 02:10 on Aug 27, 2013

Wonder Bra
Jan 5, 2008

always in another castle
Please give your meds ample time. It took me 8+ weeks on Wellbutrin to adjust and 4-6 on other SSRIs to feel positive effects. What posters are saying about cold turkey is true too. You WILL feel like poo poo. Withdrawal symptoms are terrible and can range from irritating to flu-like to debilitating to deadly depending in your drug and dosage. PLEASE talk to your psych about your options.

Coffee Wolf
Oct 12, 2007

Mmmmm Banana
I linked earlier in the thread to one of the subsidy programs directly offered by the manufacturer. I'm guessing you must not have qualified somehow? ; ; ; ; ; ;

Benny the Snake
Apr 11, 2012

GUM CHEWING INTENSIFIES
By the way, the meds must be loving with my motor skills 'cause I'm slurring my words and my tongue feels heavy. I think it's some kind of chemically induced dyslexia. gently caress me.

new phone who dis
May 24, 2007

by VideoGames
Morbid Hound

Benny the Snake posted:

By the way, the meds must be loving with my motor skills 'cause I'm slurring my words and my tongue feels heavy. I think it's some kind of chemically induced dyslexia. gently caress me.

I had to swap from my first SSRI to something different because it was too intense. I felt like I was just about to be high on ecstasy all day. My sleep sucked, too. Getting that poo poo adjusted is par for the course, I don't know anyone who got theirs right the first time.

That Damn Satyr
Nov 4, 2008

A connoisseur of fine junk

Benny the Snake posted:

These are the kinds of side effects you need to call your doctor about RIGHT NOW, AS SOON AS POSSIBLE, not wait until next week, not wait until Friday. There are some very serious (but, mind you, very low chance of appearing) side effects to certain medications that can cause neurological damage to you for life. I had a similar issue on Abilify and Geodon and didn't sleep for literally nine days straight and started having visual hallucinations.

CALL YOUR DOCTOR AND TELL THEM EXACTLY WHAT IS HAPPENING AND THAT IT IS A NEW SYMPTOM THAT HAS JUST STARTED WITH THIS MEDICATION. DO NOT gently caress AROUND WITH THIS.

OMG JC a Bomb!
Jul 13, 2004

We are the Invisible Spatula. We are the Grilluminati. We eat before and after dinner. We eat forever. And eventually... eventually we will lead them into the dining room.

Benny the Snake posted:

I was a drat good cashier.

God, that's depressing.

Skinny King Pimp
Aug 25, 2011
Skinny Queen Wimp

Benny the Snake posted:

Antipsychotics can do that. Call your psych in the morning and ask if you need to stop taking your medication and how to go about doing it. I had to stop taking an antipsychotic because it literally made me stupid as poo poo and I couldn't sleep less than 12-14 hours a night. These kinds of side effects warrant an immediate call to your psych's office. Call first thing in the morning and tell them about this and ask how soon you can see the doctor or what you should do in the meantime.

Scapegoat
Sep 18, 2004

Benny the Snake posted:

I was fired for being a terrible parking lot gofer.

You got fired for screwing up and lying about it, would have happened if you were on cashier duty as well. (Lesson is own up to your mistakes and don't lie).

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

Hey, Benny. Sorry you're having side effects. Here's the thing: Medications are very individual. What works for one person doesn't work for another, and doctors cannot tell in advance what will work for you.

So when you try a medication and it makes things taste like metal (this has actually happened to me), it doesn't mean that taking medications is pointless. It means that this medication wasn't right for your body, and it's time to try something else. I had to try every drat SSRI on the market before coming up with a combination that worked with tolerable side effects. Once I got there, I was stable for (so far) fifteen years.

If this medication isn't right for you, don't give up on medication or psychotherapy. Curse a bit and try the next one. It is a royal pain in the rear end to go through the testing period, but it's worth perservering.

Benny the Snake
Apr 11, 2012

GUM CHEWING INTENSIFIES
Kay so I got back from my psych. I've been prescribed three medications-all generics, thankfully. So my bill is $38 for the batch as opposed to $27 at Wallgreen's for Zoloft generic. I've been given two antidepressants and a mood stabilizer: one of the antidepressants treats ADD symptoms, so that's good.

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out

Benny the Snake posted:

Kay so I got back from my psych. I've been prescribed three medications-all generics, thankfully. So my bill is $38 for the batch as opposed to $27 at Wallgreen's for Zoloft generic. I've been given two antidepressants and a mood stabilizer: one of the antidepressants treats ADD symptoms, so that's good.

Hope these will be easier on you in terms of the side effects! Good luck.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AcidRonin
Apr 2, 2012

Man, brain pills do not sound fun at all. Also as an addendum to the million other people that have told you this already, don't stop taking your pills, my ex used to take lithium and she stopped and her flame out was so bad she had to repeat a year and a half worth of university to make up for it.

:stare:

you REALLY liked elysium??

• Locked thread