Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Lemme tell ya 'bout your blood bamboo kid.
It ain't Coca-Cola, it's rice.
Don't think about how much you make per hour versus how much the toy costs. Don't think about the other things you can be doing with your time. Don't factor the cost of gas into the price. Keep ignoring that ebaying it actually makes a lot more sense.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

X13Fen
Oct 18, 2006

"Is that an accurate quote? It should be.
I think about it often enough."
Anyone interested in Generations Soundwave or Alternity Convoy? Both opened, Soundwave is loose and I have the box for Convoy. Transformed both maybe once or twice, otherwise they were kept on display.

Shipping is from Japan, if that is a deal breaker for anyone.

Goldskull
Feb 20, 2011

Got my Sandstorm yesterday, and he's a gently caress of a lot better than Blitzwang. Seems to have some tabbing issues in Dune Buggy mode, namely the top of his shoulders don't sit right as the sides of the windscreen, but 'll live with that. VTOL mode kicks arse though, even if I can't find any discernable way of attaching his missile launcher to the bottom. Still not particularly impressed with Hasbro's QC department recently.
I got Metroplex too, but I didn't have a big enough bag to transport him back from the pub it was delivered to.

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

Wrong about everything XIV related
~fartz~

Keldroc posted:

Looks like there's a good chance TFA Season 3 is finally coming home.

Shout! Factory to Release TFA and Unicron Trilogy

I suppose it's too much to ask that Cybertron has a Japanese language and subtitle option.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Who wants to see the worst 3rd party idea since four Predakings?

http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-news/3rd-party-unlicensed-41/third-party-unofficial-fall-of-cybertron-metroplex-178279/

Arsenal_12
May 7, 2007

While I have no idea of scale based on the CG model, if this thing gets made it'll probably be close to three hundred dollars. And in a world where we already have a Metroplex, this will be an easy pass for most.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
I can't even imagine the thought process that goes into releasing a prototype now when the big boy himself is already hitting shelves.

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

JUST GET IN THE FUCKING ROBOT SHINJI

Whoever is making that is going to go bankrupt immediately if they try releasing that, because nobody's buying that.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

The only thing I can figure is they're banking on theirs having a better base mode in that it actually looks like a building or something, but the robot mode looks really simplistic, and it's either going to be a fraction of the size of the official Metroplex or absurdly expensive. From some quick Googling The third-party FoC Omega Supreme was $300 and it was only 16" tall, and that's cheating by including the track things that stick up behind his back.

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Great, super, anything to occupy your time instead of making a Trypticon I guess, third parties.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

It's pretty silly and utterly unnecessary but it still doesn't top "hey how 'bout we all make Predakings"

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Knormal posted:

The only thing I can figure is they're banking on theirs having a better base mode in that it actually looks like a building or something, but the robot mode looks really simplistic, and it's either going to be a fraction of the size of the official Metroplex or absurdly expensive. From some quick Googling The third-party FoC Omega Supreme was $300 and it was only 16" tall, and that's cheating by including the track things that stick up behind his back.

Attaching Platnum Omega Supreme halves to metroplex's base mode really helps it make it look like a proper base.....a base with a giant claw.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Blackheart posted:

It's pretty silly and utterly unnecessary but it still doesn't top "hey how 'bout we all make Predakings"

It's going to be even better when a year from now Hasbro announces the return of Beast Wars and makes yet another Predaking combiner.

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

Marketing materials and speculation are not spoilers. Jesus Christ.

Why cookie Rocket posted:

Don't think about how much you make per hour versus how much the toy costs. Don't think about the other things you can be doing with your time. Don't factor the cost of gas into the price. Keep ignoring that ebaying it actually makes a lot more sense.

For some, the hunt counts. I bought mine off the website, so I'm just passing on what has worked for other people.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Blackheart posted:

I deeply desire to see a picture of like, Peaugh or someone doing the lemon holding pose with all the Predakings.

And making a Metroplex over a Trypticon (which would sell to people who have Metroplexes, as opposed to the inverse) really is a shame.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

What do you guys think about Platinum Omega Supreme by the way? I've never handled any version of the mold and it looks kinda cool. The train half is a bit lame but I think the battleship is pretty awesome. I love the deco and remolded head.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Blackheart posted:

What do you guys think about Platinum Omega Supreme by the way? I've never handled any version of the mold and it looks kinda cool. The train half is a bit lame but I think the battleship is pretty awesome. I love the deco and remolded head.

I loved the original and regretted selling it so when they announced the new one I was pretty stoked. My buddy got it and up close I didn't care for the changes to the mold.

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

Blackheart posted:

I like him, but I never had the original.

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

I got this title for free due to my proximity to an idiot who wanted to save $5 on an avatar by having someone else spend $9.95 instead.

Wait there's four Predakings now?!

Okay I just had a great idea. What if all the different companies making Predakings were talking to each other and designing with each other, and then another company joins in? All five Predakings can combine, each one becoming a limb, with the biggest becoming the body.
Predemperor. :getin:

MinionOfCthulhu fucked around with this message at 15:40 on Aug 26, 2013

revtoiletduck
Aug 21, 2006
smart newbie

MinionOfCthulhu posted:

Wait there's four Predakings now?!

Okay I just had a great idea. What if all the different companies making Predakings were talking to each other and designing with each other, and then another company joins in? All five Predakings can combine, each one becoming a limb, with the biggest becoming the body.
Predemperor. :getin:

Well if that's not worth like $2000, I don't know what is.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Blackheart posted:

It's a pretty solid mold and the battleship makes up for the train being sort of lacking. Allthough the new giant claw on the train makes it look worlds better than Energon Omega Supreme and Energon Omega Sentinel. Mind you the battleship and train connect to form a 2 foot long larger battleship mode.

I have all three versions of the mold and I found the Platinum retooling to be well done. Only gripe is connecting Platinum Optimus to him doesn't really work out all that well, for whatever reason he doesn't stay connected as tight as the Energon versions.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Cool, I've seen him in a couple local stores so I'll ask about prices then. I'm not getting it if it's too expensive since I barely have space to display him anyway.

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

I kinda want to get that Energon Optimus repaint to go with him once he goes down in price.

What, don't look at me like that. I think he looks fun. Fat robots need lovin' too!

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

OMG DORIFTO!

Or Jolt. Or any loving one of the car bots from the last two, really. Oh well. Let's see the toys, eh?

Edit: Supposedly this is fanart, which would explain why it looks exactly like the previous designs.

Keldroc fucked around with this message at 22:56 on Aug 26, 2013

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!
God, I loving hate the movie aesthetic. Make it as cluttered and ugly as possible.

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

I wish they'd move further toward elements of the vehicle forming parts of the robot and away from the usual design idea of a spindly robot wearing random vehicle clutter as armor.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
It's got chicken legs! :3:

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
That actually doesn't look as cluttered and messy as most of the earlier movie designs. Not bad comparatively.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
It has windshield crotch and if I'm not mistaken those brake rotors could be robot testicles.

I mean they gave devastator a pair, it's not like it's never happened before.

Gammatron 64 posted:

I kinda want to get that Energon Optimus repaint to go with him once he goes down in price.

What, don't look at me like that. I think he looks fun. Fat robots need lovin' too!

It's the only classics optimus with a trailer. His cab is also colored in the exact same way as Power Master Optimus Prime.

The Taint Reaper fucked around with this message at 01:36 on Aug 27, 2013

HiriseSoftware
Dec 3, 2004

Two tips for the wise:
1. Buy an AK-97 assault rifle.
2. If there's someone hanging around your neighborhood you don't know, shoot him.
That Drift concept is from a guy named Xiaoguo Ruan that made it as Tracks and also created a Motormaster concept back in 2009, which has been floating around as genuine. http://ruanxiaoguo.cgsociety.org/gallery/753308/

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

WendigoJohnson posted:

It's the only classics optimus with a trailer. His cab is also colored in the exact same way as Power Master Optimus Prime.
No, it's Energon Optimus, which is probably the worst Optimus Prime released in the last decade. It does look a lot better in traditional colors than in the vaguely Machine-Wars-looking deco of the original, but it's still ugly. It's telling that the Amazon page avoids any pictures of the standalone robot mode.

I'd still probably buy one if it was around $40, because I'm a sucker for Optimi.

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Keldroc posted:

For some, the hunt counts. I bought mine off the website, so I'm just passing on what has worked for other people.

Yeah I was mostly just being sassy. I like the hunt some of the time, but when the odds are so incredibly stacked against me I don't find it extra thrilling, I just get irritated.

strangehamster
Sep 21, 2010

dance the night away

Knormal posted:

I'd still probably buy one if it was around $40, because I'm a sucker for Optimi.

Its on clearance for $55, which is only a couple minor math errors away from 40.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
Just found three out of the four Generations targetmasters legends. I was surprised how big they are, they're much larger than the previous legends figures. I'm missing Optimus surprisingly, I really thought he and Bumblebee would be the easiest to find. But it seems the shelves had nothing but Megatrons and Starscreams with a lone bumblebee.

I really like Megatron though, he looks like a real modernized G1 figure. Like in the 1980's it was perfectly fine to package a tank with a red mechanical space bug. The one thing I hope they do is legends repaints and switch up the little target master guy, it would be a great way to give lesser known G1 guys a newer figure if they were a target master partner or a legends figure. That and you know they're going to repaint that Starscream 5 more times, we really don't need 5 more waspinator repaints trying to pass off as something else that is not Waspinator.

That ittybitty Megatron could easily pass for Overlord and if you give him Swerve's partner, that satisfies the Plane aspect of the Overlord figure but the plane would turn into the gun instead of the second half of Overlord.

The Taint Reaper fucked around with this message at 06:02 on Aug 27, 2013

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

WendigoJohnson posted:

Just found three out of the four Generations targetmasters legends. I was surprised how big they are, they're much larger than the previous legends figures. I'm missing Optimus surprisingly, I really thought he and Bumblebee would be the easiest to find. But it seems the shelves had nothing but Megatrons and Starscreams with a lone bumblebee.

I really like Megatron though, he looks like a real modernized G1 figure. Like in the 1980's it was perfectly fine to package a tank with a red mechanical space bug. The one thing I hope they do is legends repaints and switch up the little target master guy, it would be a great way to give lesser known G1 guys a newer figure if they were a target master partner or a legends figure. That and you know they're going to repaint that Starscream 5 more times, we really don't need 5 more waspinator repaints trying to pass off as something else that is not Waspinator.

That ittybitty Megatron could easily pass for Overlord and if you give him Swerve's partner, that satisfies the Plane aspect of the Overlord figure but the plane would turn into the gun instead of the second half of Overlord.
Optimus and Bumblebee were wave 1, and seem to have been missed by a lot of the stores because they were in the middle of their resets. I'm not sure if they're still in wave 2 or not, but if they are they're shortpacked. I think Optimus is actually the weakest of the figures because his chest windows don't peg into anything, the flop open and closed every time you move his arms. Starscream is awesome though, and I hope we do get five more repaints of it even if it means we have a rainbow of targetmaster Waspinators to set aside.

By the way what's up with that avatar? I've seen a lot of people with it over the last week or so.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Knormal posted:

By the way what's up with that avatar? I've seen a lot of people with it over the last week or so.

It's Koos's doing, no clue what it represents or what it means.

Also so far Hasbro has fixed the shortpacked figures for the Deluxes and Voyagers including re-releasing both Blaster and Grimlock in later Wave 3/ Wave 4 case revisions. They'll probably do it for the legends as well since they're comparable to Scouts/Basics now(Starscream is almost Scout Sized). I can't imagine an optimus figure being hard to find nowadays.

Also I came upon Ruination waves but every single case already had it's Whirl taken. Is whirl some sort of troop builder figure now or something?

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

Whirl's the only member of the Ruination team I see regularly here. I'm beginning to wonder if they passed L.A. by entirely aside from a few stray cases.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Keldroc posted:

Whirl's the only member of the Ruination team I see regularly here. I'm beginning to wonder if they passed L.A. by entirely aside from a few stray cases.

Distribution is really weird for the newer Generations compared to the original line. I'd order stuff off of HTS, but Target and TRU's prices are about 5 dollars cheaper for a deluxe.

I might check Wal-Mart, but outside of exclusives I've yet to ever find anything at Wal-Mart.

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

strangehamster posted:

Its on clearance for $55, which is only a couple minor math errors away from 40.

Where? BBTS? I would buy him for $55.

HiriseSoftware posted:

That Drift concept is from a guy named Xiaoguo Ruan that made it as Tracks and also created a Motormaster concept back in 2009, which has been floating around as genuine. http://ruanxiaoguo.cgsociety.org/gallery/753308/

I was about to say that it looked A LOT like Tracks, down to the red face and shoulder wings. He looks too much like a G1 transformer to be in the movie. Movie Tracks would be a bulldozer that's a lazy Mexican stereotype and has diarrhea because he eats too many burritos.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

revtoiletduck
Aug 21, 2006
smart newbie

Gammatron 64 posted:

I was about to say that it looked A LOT like Tracks, down to the red face and shoulder wings. He looks too much like a G1 transformer to be in the movie. Movie Tracks would be a bulldozer that's a lazy Mexican stereotype and has diarrhea because he eats too many burritos.

And the movie would make literally one billion dollars.