Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

So Antonio Smith is facing a multi-game suspension for swinging Incognito's helmet at him, let's see what kind of insane way this thread can go:

Poster
1: If they suspend him for preseason games, the league is sending a pretty awful message. Not even taking gamechecks away. So much for caring about players safety.
2: The message that Incognito is a punk [inappropriate/removed].
3: And deserve to be buried in a shallow grave. Along with anyobe else that plays dirty.
4: Yup. And that dirty players deserve to be placed in situations where a 300 pound man can swing a heavy object at their face with little consequence.

:stare:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
I mean, he's not exactly wrong about Incognito

Arschlochkind
Mar 29, 2010

Kalli posted:

So Antonio Smith is facing a multi-game suspension for swinging Incognito's helmet at him, let's see what kind of insane way this thread can go:

Here's some comments from an ESPN article on it:

quote:

Texans are dirty pieces of trash easily the dirtiest team in the league scum bags the lot of them.
:monocle: Scumbags, the lot of them! Pish posh.

quote:

Miami has never beaten Houston. FACT
O-OK... Well that clears things u-

quote:

Houston has never won a conference championship. Fact! As terrible a run as we've had in recent years, your Texans STILL but a mere corn kernel in our shyt. One of the most historic franchises of all time!
I see. Well what about Antonio Sm-

quote:

"attempting to block Smith" - You mean attempt to rip Antonio Smith's head off. Incognito should have been flagged way before this even occurred for illegal hands to the face in more than one occasion.

quote:

BAHAHAHA PATHETIC POST
____________________________________________/

quote:

They're suspending him for preseason games? What? He could have killed him. The Texans play filthy. All of you should be ashamed.
:qq: (this fan is apparently from Oakland, lol)

quote:

Adam Beasley @AdamHBeasley 31m.
As I said on Saturday, the Texans sure are gaining a reputation for dirtiness. Still can't believe what I saw.
Collapse
=========================
not wrong. Texans easily the dirtiest team in the league at the moment.

Again, the Houston Texans are easily the dirtiest team in the NFL? :wtc:

quote:

I'd never wish an injury on anyone because I'm, you know, a person, but when Arian Foster and Andre Johnson get chopped and go down for the year, I won't be shedding any tears.
:allears:

quote:

I don't blame him. I wish he would have knocked his teeth out. Rich is just mean dirty and nasty but so is the Ninja and I'm putting my money on Antonio!

quote:

BAHAHAHAH Incognito would kill him in a matter of seconds and EVERYONE knows that clown
I can't NOT read this guy's replies in Vegeta's voice. Our linemen are the strongest in the league, Kakarot! Incognito is the Prince of all Guards! An elite!

quote:

The guy may have been playing dirty or something, but that is inexcusable. I like Antonio and all, but if he connected, it could have seriously injured, and possibly killed, the guy. Antonio is lucky he just gets suspended two games.

A reasonable opinion?! This isn't the EPSN I know and love.

quote:

there both stupid lol.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Some Texans fan is spamming a Dolphins board saying that Smith was just defending himself from Incognito's slap.

I personally never noticed the completely blown facemask call

http://cdn0.sbnation.com/imported_assets/1758779/iBE3eUN6mR3hU.gif

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?
Richie Incognito just Matthew Barnabied him and while rare in the NFL that is ok with me I think

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Jay Glazer said the NFL has a different video than that gif, and in this video it shows the helmet actually striking Incog

Apparently reports of him missin the last 2 pre-season games are incorrect and premature

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Not another football forum but I had someone just defend the LSU punter TD excessive celebration to me on Facebook. His defense was, "act like you've been there."

HE'S A PUNTER. HE HAS NEVER BEEN THERE. THIS WILL BE HIS FIRST AND LAST TASTE OF THE END ZONE.

JetsGuy
Sep 17, 2003

science + hockey
=
LASER SKATES

Spoeank posted:

Not another football forum but I had someone just defend the LSU punter TD excessive celebration to me on Facebook. His defense was, "act like you've been there."

HE'S A PUNTER. HE HAS NEVER BEEN THERE. THIS WILL BE HIS FIRST AND LAST TASTE OF THE END ZONE.

He also ran loving from the damned opposite 35 yard line to get there. Officially it's less than that, but that's where he got the snap before he faked the punt.

So yeah, he deserves to be able to do the (minor) arms in air taunt he did.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Spoeank posted:

My father tried to defend that penalty as well. He is a 65 year old Stanford grad. Pretty much a definitive "bitter old white man." I also used the "HE'S A PUNTER. HE HAS NEVER BEEN THERE. THIS WILL BE HIS FIRST AND LAST TASTE OF THE END ZONE." defense, but he wasn't buying it. Why does everyone hate fun?:negative:

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet

Chichevache posted:

Why does everyone hate fun?:negative:

Blame Goodell. Who cares that this was in college, blame him anyway.

whypick1 fucked around with this message at 07:52 on Aug 21, 2013

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

whypick1 posted:

Blame Goodell. Who cares that this was in college, blame him anyway.

Who is actually blaming Goodell for this exactly?

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

swickles posted:

Who is actually blaming Goodell for this exactly?

I guess you could make the argument that if the NFL were more progressive college might follow suit. Which makes Goodell's regressive policies bad for college as well. However I feel the NCAA will always be horrible no matter what the pros do.

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when
You see a Pavel like me shinin

Call is still poo poo. The act like you have been there before argument is poo poo, the punter did something extraordinary, and he deserves to be able to celebrate. Not like he tea bagged the gators mascot or something.

Also in the pros these guys are angling for extra endorsement cash. Act like you have been there before might work in high school where all you might do is get that girl from 3rd period to like you more, but if you are dealing with getting thousands if not millions more because of your likability then you are drat right these guys should be able to celebrate.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

JetsGuy posted:

He also ran loving from the damned opposite 35 yard line to get there. Officially it's less than that, but that's where he got the snap before he faked the punt.

So yeah, he deserves to be able to do the (minor) arms in air taunt he did.

My defense was basically, "if you don't want to get styled on by a punter, don't let him score a touchdown on you."

Chichevache posted:

Why does everyone hate fun?:negative:

Seriously. That play ruled and if I was that punter, we wouldn't be having this argument. My celebration would have been so excessive.

b0ng
Jan 16, 2004

Thats a nice Game 7 you have there. Would be a shame if somebody nailed it down.
So Arian Foster had a press conference yesterday or the day before. Normal stuff was said, and he was fairly short with some answers, and even called out one journalist by saying he asked a "bad question". Lets see the reaction on a really terrible (A terrible board I post on a lot) texans forum:

http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=101499&page=2

quote:

I'm worried about Arian longterm. I don't know if his heart is still in the game. He was supposedly pretty nasty with the press yesterday and then I heard some snippets and he's sounding like an old retired player. Said he loved the game but it's tiring or something like that.

That's something I'm going to be watching for. Tate might be even more important than we think this year.

quote:

I was thinking the same thing. His heart just doesn't seem into it. He just had a newborn son and already had a daughter. Maybe he realized that the game of football will keep him away from his family most of the time. He certainly seems more intrigued by the entertainment industry in my book. He might not want this career any more due to the physical and mental grind it takes on the players. Only time will tell but he sure does look like he lost interest already.

quote:

He was consumed with getting paid. Now he's not.

Looks like Rick may have made another mistake by signing Foster to that big contract.

I loving hate people.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

quote:

Throughout TC and the preseason I am seeing a team that is too much about finesse and too little about physically imposing their will on an opponent.

When we play against other finesse teams, we will win our fair share of games.

However when we line up against brutes, the Ravens, the Bengals,the 49ers, the Lions etc. we are going to get destroyed. BB has collected a lot of pretty panties for the locker room and that is not good.

BB where is the physicality? Where is the attitude? Where is the nastiness?

This team is fast becoming a punching bag for the physical NFL teams to be beat us like dogs.

Our defense sucks toilet water. They spend more time thinking about assignments than flowing to the ball. Our pass rushers are pathetic and I think I heard Chandler Jones apologize to a Lions O-Lineman for knocking him over.

Our offense is a toothless precision offense, with only Mankins and Gronkowski put a whipping on their opponents. And Gronkowski is out! Ouch!

Why do we have 80 guys on the injury list every week, because we take more hits than we give! This is a weak group BB.

BB please, we need to re-steal the S&C coach back from Dallas or go get the college guy from Alabama. Our current crew of panty-waists players are looking weak!

Toymachine
Jul 2, 2007

Warning - Posts created under the influence of Codeine and/or Skittles

Wow, a rational Patriots fan!

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

the corpse of god is love.

Every team in the league needs to hold one open tryout every year so that jagoffs like this guy can get drilled by a 275 pound DT once. Just once. After that, they can call professional football players "panty-waists" all they want. Once they relearn how to read and write, that is.

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D

haljordan posted:

Every team in the league needs to hold one open tryout every year so that jagoffs like this guy can get drilled by a 275 pound DT once. Just once. After that, they can call professional football players "panty-waists" all they want. Once they relearn how to read and write, that is.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tt8AQCnMBjU

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
That video is so MEH I feel like a hipster for rolling my eyes. Seriously, he nailed a defenseless receiver.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

So is Kimbo Slice now the official "only looks tough when against guys 100lbs lighter" of the world or something?

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know
This is a way better representation:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SWeruafvnwo

No Safe Word
Feb 26, 2005

The best part is Jared Allen has to wear 70 because Knoxville is wearing 69

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss goes 8-8

Time to see what's going on with our good friends over at Caste Football!

quote:

This is the same sort of garbage we get whenever we read a "top 10 draft busts" list by some effeminate, limp-wristed Hebrew Black supremacist endomorph whose sole athletic accomplishment was either cheerleading, getting dunked in a toilet, or smoking pole.

Predictably, any top 10, 50, 100, or whatever list of "busts" will feature anywhere from 40% to 60% White players, giving the impression that Whites might actually make up this kind of percentage of on-field league employees.

If a Black athlete gets clowned on such a list, you can bet a rabbi's vagina that a White athlete will get it worse on the same list. Guaranteed, even if the #1 bust on the list happens to be Black. The White guy will get clowned more to make the list seem less racist.

It gives the impression that Whites, percentage-wise, are more likely to be busts, even if they represent only a third of the league. A further malicious implication is that those Whites who DO make the league are only there from some non-existent, pro-Whitey old boy network.

The reality is the exact opposite, where the Good old Black Boy network props up crop after crop of undertalented Black retards and convinces the equally retarded DWF public that they're not actually seeing what they're seeing when White guys routinely outperform their Black counterparts.

It's just another example of how easily manipulated most people are. If someone in some perceived position of authority (ie, some degenerate pedophile-looking sports writer for a ****-run search engine) says so, then 50% of the busts in the NFL are White.

I'd venture to say it's more like 10%; probably less.
I still don't know what DWF stands for.

quote:

Pretty much the entire 2009 NFL draft was one big bust. But I see in the link you posted, they limited the list to just six turds.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2009_NFL_Draft

** Third overall pick in the 2009 draft has played 4 season in Kansas City, mostly as a starter, and has just 5 career sacks.

** Mark Sanchez and Josh Freeman might both be replaced this season and they've probably been among the most productive non-whites in that draft class.

**I don't really track how the black players are doing via free agency, but I'd venture to bet both Beanie Wells and Knowson Moreno are either out of the NFL or close to being gone for good...the mulatto RB pick by the Colts gives the NFL a nice "hat trick" -- three tailbacks picked in round one; 3 busts!

I could go on and on with the busts from 2009 (and other years), but why even bother? It appears NFL teams have little say in the matter anyway, as they are pretty much only allowed (as a group) to draft a limited amount of whites each year -- about 24 to 26%. The are also allowed a white kicker, punter and Long Snapper, bringing their total (collective) percentage of whites on 53 men rosters to about 30 to 32%.

Beyond that, about 67 percent of their rosters have to come from America's (shrinking) pool of young, black males not in prison in their early 20's. Would anyone expect different results, considering blacks are only like 12% of the total population in the United States (aka Israel's Western Colony)?

P.S: I'm absolutely stunned that Vernon Gholston did not make that list, as some consider him the biggest defensive end draft bust ever:

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000...998755324.html
emphasis mine

quote:

It's glaringly obvious to those with objective eyes to see that the media and public are more forgiving of Black failure than White failure.

This is true in the example of Ryan Leaf, who was of course a bust, though similar dregs such as Vince Young, Duh-retard-marcus Russel, Byron Leftwich, Jason Campbell, and future failures Cam Newton, RGIII and Geno Smith were/are not only not called busts, but are given chance after chance to succeed.

Even if they DON'T succeed (a virtual guarantee), the media's perspective (and thus, that of the majority of our braindead vegetable society) will be appropriately skewed to give the APPEARANCE of success. Such as Michael Vick's pathetic career being called a triumph because he came back from [his self-imposed, animal-abusing] adversity to continue being a mediocre also-ran of a sh*tty quarterback.

Really I think the media only uses White examples as punchingbags because to tell it like it is with the brothers—you're going to be called racist even if you're just telling the truth.

That's why Black people will never really approach the level of success of Whites unless it is given to them like charity—because they lack the mental maturity to accept their shortcomings like everyone else when apparent and adapt to them. You need to constantly feed their selfish egos because they cannot and will not accept that they are not always the best, the victim, the etc., etc.
welp

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

quote:

the Good old Black Boy network

This is breaking my brain right now.

Also on an almost unrelated note I looked up Ryan Leaf recently and I was stunned at just how bad he was. Like, making Jamarcus look good bad.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
What's wrong with "limp wristed" people? I broke my left wrist in flag football years ago and it's not as strong as it used to be. Does that make me less of a man somehow? :ohdear:

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

Benne posted:

What's wrong with "limp wristed" people? I broke my left wrist in flag football years ago and it's not as strong as it used to be. Does that make me less of a man somehow? :ohdear:

SB Nation is the gay Jewish media.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

Benne posted:

If you were a true man, your pathetic bones would have never failed.

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?

Alfred P. Pseudonym posted:

Time to see what's going on with our good friends over at Caste Football!
Jesus loving Christ their poo poo gets me every time. I always think I can scoff at it and not give a poo poo but every time they just make me feel so sad

quote:

I still don't know what DWF stands for.

Do you want to know, because I can tell you

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.
They really need to extend the username character limit so I can be "Hebrew Black supremacist endomorph".

Rap posted:

Jesus loving Christ their poo poo gets me every time. I always think I can scoff at it and not give a poo poo but every time they just make me feel so sad

Tell me.

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

Rap posted:

I know it'll be something that makes me hate myself for living in the same world as these people. So yes, please tell me.

Marketing New Brain
Apr 26, 2008
The only thing I could find was that it means "Divorced White Female" but that feels a little off topic for that particular racist screed.

I do like and now subscribe to the idea that lovely top ten bust lists aren't propagated by lazy journalists, but rather gay, fat, black, jewish, quarter jackelope/sasquatches.

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?
"Drunk White Fan" which is literally their term for everyone who doesn't see things their way

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?
You have to be always drunk. That's all there is to it--it's the
only way. So as not to feel the horrible burden of time that breaks
your back and bends you to the earth, you have to be continually
drunk.
But on what? Wine, poetry or virtue, as you wish. Maybe even on the failure to see in the rosters of the National Football League a massive, global conspiracy of Blacks and Jews against the noble White Race, most athletic and football-talented yet most abused and disparaged race. But be
drunk.

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

Rap posted:

"Drunk White Fan" which is literally their term for everyone who doesn't see things their way

That's much... tamer? than I was expecting.

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?
It's not bad, the implication that that's the catatonic state all of us non-racists are in is pretty insulting but yeah, these assholes could come up with a lot worse

Anals of History
Jul 29, 2003

Come to TFF for the master race shithead shaming, stay for the references to 19th century French poetry.

poly and open-minded
Nov 22, 2006

In BOD we trust

Chichevache posted:

They really need to extend the username character limit so I can be "Hebrew Black supremacist endomorph".

Tell me.

I want to be Hebrew Black Animorph

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when
You see a Pavel like me shinin

So what does caste football think of the GOAT aka Jerry Rice. Is he somehow only a good receiver who had the glorious white race throwing to him and that's the only reason he did good?

Also just looked at the 2009 draft. There are some elite players in the first round. How is that draft class a just? :psyduck:

waah fucked around with this message at 17:26 on Aug 27, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Serisothikos
Dec 4, 2004

Unlimited Pasta Pass

Rap posted:

It's not bad, the implication that that's the catatonic state all of us non-racists are in is pretty insulting but yeah, these assholes could come up with a lot worse

My lack of racism is completely independent of my catatonic state thank you very much

• Locked thread