Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.

Spuckuk posted:

Pretty sure I have this, most players in ranked on day 1 were so completely terrible my lovely Lantern walked all over them.

Well that doesn't help me now, does it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Unbound
Dec 11, 2012

Atlantis for best map

All others are bugged...

AndyElusive posted:

Don't worry about it, the only profile picture anyone really needs anyway is the one with The Flash falling and smashing his face against a steel girder.

I'm quite a fan of that one and the "No Ducks" one.

I'm also not going to be able to make the next tournament. :negative:

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
So, Bonn finally posted the results of the poll

https://twitter.com/noobde/status/372471770025971712

Now I want to know where the gently caress he got these then:

http://twitpic.com/cy3va3

I keep signin into the tournaments and every time I'm utterly destroyed, no matter. One day I'll advance to the secon round :v:

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer

Unbound posted:

I'm quite a fan of that one and the "No Ducks" one.

I'm also not going to be able to make the next tournament. :negative:

I've got both of the "No Ducks." :smug: The emblem for winning a round without ducking and the card for playing a full round without ducking.

Unbound
Dec 11, 2012

Atlantis for best map

All others are bugged...

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

So, Bonn finally posted the results of the poll

https://twitter.com/noobde/status/372471770025971712

May Static Shock actually be a thing? Are all of my hopes and dreams going to come true? The signs point to yes.

Fibby Boy posted:

I've got both of the "No Ducks." :smug: The emblem for winning a round without ducking and the card for playing a full round without ducking.

The background is by far the better of the two. Not to say the emblem sucks, it's just the background gets me to laugh all the time.

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer

Unbound posted:

May Static Shock actually be a thing? Are all of my hopes and dreams going to come true? The signs point to yes.

The background is by far the better of the two. Not to say the emblem sucks, it's just the background gets me to laugh all the time.

Already got our two hero's. Gotta fill that two villians/anti hero's quota. Bring on Swamp thing! And Red Hood I guess...

Vaiyne
Sep 2, 2011

Fibby Boy posted:

Already got our two hero's. Gotta fill that two villians/anti hero's quota. Bring on Swamp thing! And Red Hood I guess...

Not that we don't already have enough bat-family characters as is, but I think Penguin, Clayface, or Poison Ivy could have some creative fighting styles. The two I'd really like to see, King Shark and Ragdoll, I'm not holding my breath for, but whichever characters they come out with, I hope they add more costumes bundled with them - specifically for Sinestro and a hood-less Captain Marvel. I don't play Flash or Superman, but it seems odd that they haven't added a Bizzaro or Professor Zoom alt for them. Do ya'll reckon they'll ever release the IOS outfits as downloads?

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

With great payroll, comes great disappointment.

Fibby Boy posted:

Zatanna is on the right, so I don't recognize her as a hero.

IronMcHardSteel
Mar 29, 2010
Fun Shoe
360 tournament tomorrow at 10pm CST
http://challonge.com/tournaments/signup/I2NcVjWQjQ
http://challonge.com/InjusticeGoons5

I guess no one on PS3 is still around or is it that it's on a Friday night?
http://challonge.com/tournaments/signup/AfrDdyg1ZS
http://challonge.com/InjusticeGoons6

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed

jscolon2.0 posted:

Zatanna is on the right, so I don't recognize her as a hero.

She can also trigger villain specific clash lines from characters like Shazam, Lex, and Black Adam. Which is pretty weird since I don't really think Zatanna has ever been portrayed as a villain before.

Krad
Feb 4, 2008

Touche

I didn't even know there was a ps3 tourney. The thread's been xbox-ville for a while now.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Krad posted:

I didn't even know there was a ps3 tourney. The thread's been xbox-ville for a while now.

I don't know about that, I'd say it's something like maybe 60% box, 40% ps3 at any given time.

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer

Dr. Abysmal posted:

She can also trigger villain specific clash lines from characters like Shazam, Lex, and Black Adam. Which is pretty weird since I don't really think Zatanna has ever been portrayed as a villain before.

Yeah that has me confused. Looking at her wiki I don't see her being a villian anywhere. I'm assuming it's just a bug in the programming.

Zain
Dec 6, 2009

It's only forever, not long at all

Fibby Boy posted:

Yeah that has me confused. Looking at her wiki I don't see her being a villian anywhere. I'm assuming it's just a bug in the programming.

Sounds like because Zatanna is on the "Villains" side of things it might have her flagged as villain.

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

Fibby Boy posted:

I think it's less a bug, and more of finding a spot for all the characters and trying to make it look even.

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

With great payroll, comes great disappointment.

Fibby Boy posted:

It's vote based DLC so they left placeholders without knowing who they'd slot in. They may have just assumed they'd go Hero/Villain alternating.

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer

Liar Lyre posted:

I think it's less a bug, and more of finding a spot for all the characters and trying to make it look even.

Couldn't they have just swapped her and Scorpion then? He fits either role so it would've made sense to do that.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Don't think I'll be able to make the 360 Tourney, I'm getting some touch ups on a tattoo this evening. I might be back before it starts but I unregistered just incase.

Interstellar Owl
Nov 3, 2010

"The universe seems neither benign nor hostile, merely owl like."
I had to unregister myself as well, it seems that life decided to hit me with a nice stomach bug at this hour. :(

The Isle Of Sparky Munroe
Dec 6, 2005
I signed up but now that makes 5 of us. When it gets closer to the tourny time I can just unregister to keep it even since I am incredibly terrible and haven't played that much.

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer
I can show up and give whoever I go against an easy win so that nobody back out. I'm not that great with time so around when would 10CST be for east coasters?

Nahxela
Oct 11, 2008

Execution
I would play in the PS3 tourny, but I don't have access to my game consoles for awhile. Alas.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

I signed up for the 360 tournament, I'll try not to forget to show.

IronMcHardSteel
Mar 29, 2010
Fun Shoe
Don't unsign up just because of an odd number. It's just for fun anyway. It's looking like the PS3 tournament isn't going to happen unless some people sign up soon.

360 tournament is in a little less than two hours. My prediction is deepshock wins this whole thing. Also I kick SuddenBlackout out of losers second round but it will be a really close one. Does Grundy have psychic powers? I'm pretty much just like him if he does.

HellCopter
Feb 9, 2012
College Slice
Signed up for the PS3 tourney without realizing that there's only one other participant. I was under the impression that more people in the thread has PS3s. Guess not.

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer

IronMcHardSteel posted:

Don't unsign up just because of an odd number. It's just for fun anyway. It's looking like the PS3 tournament isn't going to happen unless some people sign up soon.

360 tournament is in a little less than two hours. My prediction is deepshock wins this whole thing. Also I kick SuddenBlackout out of losers second round but it will be a really close one. Does Grundy have psychic powers? I'm pretty much just like him if he does.

Oh wait, the 360 tourny is tonight? I mis-read that pretty hard then. I thought it was friday. Nevermind, I gotta bow out then.

The Isle Of Sparky Munroe
Dec 6, 2005
Oh crap I thought it was tomorrow too! Luckily I can still make it.

rawdog pozfail
Jan 2, 2006

by Ralp
I didn't sign up because I wasn't sure if I'd be around. If anyone wants to play before/after they fight in the tourney challenge gimea RUBDOWN in the tourney lobby.

deepshock
Sep 26, 2008

Poor zombies never stood a chance.
GG everyone. I still need to find a way to recover from minor mistakes if I'm going to advance in any of these. I'll keep trying though, this is too much fun!

deepshock fucked around with this message at 04:39 on Aug 30, 2013

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

IronMcHardSteel played a prank on me where he made me think I was good at this game before coming back and crushing me in the losers' finals. :mad:

IronMcHardSteel
Mar 29, 2010
Fun Shoe

360 tournament is over. SuddenBlackout wins just as I predicted. I hate being right.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Just got home and now I'm off to bed but I hope Iron was right and that deepshock won the tourney and that SuddenBlackout went 0-4!

Edit: sonofa....

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Just in case anyone gets confused and thinks I did ok, I only "won" against Dark_Tzitzimine because we couldn't connect at all and he threw the match.

SuddenBlackout
Apr 3, 2004

I sho' is hungry

AndyElusive posted:

Just got home and now I'm off to bed but I hope Iron was right and that deepshock won the tourney and that SuddenBlackout went 0-4!

Edit: sonofa....

Its nice to dream :allears:

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
GG games everyone!!

Next time for sure I'm gonna win a match against IronMcHardSteel :haw:

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Lurdiak posted:

Just in case anyone gets confused and thinks I did ok, I only "won" against Dark_Tzitzimine because we couldn't connect at all and he threw the match.

COLLUSION.

deepshock
Sep 26, 2008

Poor zombies never stood a chance.
I confess. I colluded with everyone.

Arikado
May 9, 2008

IronMcHardSteel posted:

360 tournament is over. SuddenBlackout wins just as I predicted. I hate being right.

God dammit, Iron.

Unbound
Dec 11, 2012

Atlantis for best map

All others are bugged...

IronMcHardSteel posted:

Looks like you almost had SuddenBlackout though. Maybe one more game and you could have had him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rawdog pozfail
Jan 2, 2006

by Ralp

Unbound posted:

Looks like you almost had SuddenBlackout though. Maybe one more game and you could have had him.

SuddenBlackout posted:

Its nice to dream :allears:

• Locked thread