Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...

Perigryn posted:

There's even a Stunner and Spinning Headscissors available. Though the Dubstep gun is tremendous fun too.

I don't really understand the dubstep gun. It kills stuff I guess but I don't really seem to get any dubsteppy effects but to be fair my game is bugged and never plays music (PC gaming supremecy hurrah) so that could be why.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

FishBulb posted:

I don't really understand the dubstep gun. It kills stuff I guess but I don't really seem to get any dubsteppy effects but to be fair my game is bugged and never plays music (PC gaming supremecy hurrah) so that could be why.

It shoots wubs and anyone not violent against you will start dancing and cars will suddenly get hydraulics.

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu

KungFu Grip posted:

It shoots wubs and anyone not violent against you will start dancing and cars will suddenly get hydraulics.
You can upgrade it to have the wubs explode.

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...

KungFu Grip posted:

I did notice the hydrolics I guess. Ill have to gently caress around with it more.

remusclaw
Dec 8, 2009

I am getting sucked in, just like every year. With the engine they have all I can hope for is that they fix any glitches that appear. 13 plays enjoyably enough, as long as the AI is aggressive, which unfortunately is only rarely. One improvement I would love to see however is in CAW mode, It would be very useful to have a set of different poses for the CAW so that you can see behind their arms for instance, as currently, applying paint tools and such is rather frustrating.

remusclaw fucked around with this message at 22:34 on Aug 23, 2013

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

Honestly if it were on PC I would get it, mainly because it would not be long before it went for $5. Steam has spoiled me. Also even if you buy new you can get actual good pre-order bonuses, like other free games.

ARMBAR A COP
Nov 24, 2007

Perigryn posted:

You can upgrade it to have the wubs explode.

WHAT. Goty for me until GTA 5 comes out

Chewy Bitems
Dec 25, 2012

PIIIISSSSSSSS!!!!
Was WWE13 ever on the PS Store? I see there's some of the older games there but not '13, and no indication that WWE2k13 will be on it either, is there any chance that it will appear?

more chance of getting WWE13 cheap on there than in an acutual shop, wrestling games never drop in price much, even after a new release is out.

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

It's on demand on XBL, maybe Sony just never got around to it

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Tried to fix the animation system, got burned out and spent all day playing another game. But the journey has only just begun, brother

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

CapCityGoofBall posted:

WHAT. Goty for me until GTA 5 comes out

the new details about GTAV have got me interested. But not if the car physics are still bad.

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Added very rudimentary text dialogue support

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

Davros1 posted:

http://wwe.2k.com/index.php/news/single/antonio-cesaro-joins-the-wwe-2k14-roster

It says Antonio . . . but I've never seen this guy's face before.

The first shot is awful but I think the second one is relatively Cesaro-looking

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...

coconono posted:

the new details about GTAV have got me interested. But not if the car physics are still bad.

Multiplayer pretty much looks like we can relive the glory days of Red Dead goonforts

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

So I was on 2k's page for WWE2k14 . . . and is it a bad sign for a game that on their official website, whenever you click on a link, it goes to a loading page?

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Davros1 posted:

So I was on 2k's page for WWE2k14 . . . and is it a bad sign for a game that on their official website, whenever you click on a link, it goes to a loading page?

Just getting you ready for that authentic WWE game experience!

Castor Poe
Jul 19, 2010

Jar Jar is the key to all of this.
Footage of the Hogan vs Andre WM3 match: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WRTaUPaW-Sk

No effort was put into Andre's moveset and Hogan's leg drop looks like poo poo, but hey that Razor's Edge looks pretty drat good.

Sevalar
Jul 10, 2009

HEY RADICAL LARRY HOW ABOUT A HAIRCUT

****MIC TO THE WILLY***
Do other games tap into nostalgia like wwe has been doing? I know the gameplay will be poo poo, but I will be buying just for Razor Ramon and a host of caws and 'real' arenas and living out my sega genesis days of wwf gaming.

They have us by the balls

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
I love QTEs, gimme more of them QTEs. Can't get enough. It's like I'm at Wrestlemania!

Parlett316
Dec 6, 2002

Jon Snow is viciously stabbed by his friends in the night's watch for wanting to rescue Mance Rayder from Ramsay Bolton
Hogan's leg drop has always been poo poo. In those old THQ games I think his true finisher was a goddamn stretch hold or something.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

They always make the leg drop too fast. I mean, in real life, Hogan didn't even jump for it, he just lifted his leg then fell.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

VogeGandire posted:

They always make the leg drop too fast. I mean, in real life, Hogan didn't even jump for it, he just lifted his leg then fell.

Probably down to using small flippy dudes for the mocap.

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

Tato posted:

I love QTEs, gimme more of them QTEs. Can't get enough. It's like I'm at Wrestlemania!

I remember when the Ultimate Warrior hit X at the right time to earn his first WWF Championship.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

Snacksmaniac posted:

I remember when the Ultimate Warrior hit X at the right time to earn his first WWF Championship.

The sequence of letters Warrior hit to get his title run was H-G-H.

disaster pastor
May 1, 2007

Parlett316 posted:

Hogan's leg drop has always been poo poo. In those old THQ games I think his true finisher was a goddamn stretch hold or something.

Yeah, he'd have Flair's flop/beg/eye poke as his front finisher and an abdominal stretch pin as his back finisher, while the leg drop would be relegated to his "weak attack with opponent down."

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
That leg drop finisher is a generic leg drop from last year and the Razor's Edge is just Sheamus' old Pale Justice/High Cross.

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

tzirean posted:

Yeah, he'd have Flair's flop/beg/eye poke.
That's one of my favorite animations from that game.

Generic CAW
Aug 11, 2007

BLANDTASTIC!

VogeGandire posted:

The sequence of letters Warrior hit to get his title run was H-G-H.

Holy crap.

Jubs
Jul 11, 2006

Boy, I think it's about time I tell you the difference between a man and a woman. A woman isn't a woman unless she's pretty. And a man isn't a man unless he's ugly.
Could someone find me a person who actually likes Cory Ledesma, Bryan Williams and that other goon looking fellow? In fact, is there a THQ employee that doesn't come off as super smug?

Minidust
Nov 4, 2009

Keep bustin'
Having the word "SIGNATURE" float by your guy's feet looks so dumb (I realize this isn't the first game to do it). Would going back to an old-fashioned HUD be all that bad?

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Minidust posted:

Having the word "SIGNATURE" float by your guy's feet looks so dumb (I realize this isn't the first game to do it). Would going back to an old-fashioned HUD be all that bad?

Even if they did (and you actually can, if you mess with the options) I don't see a significantly better way to tell a player who's playing the campaign or Universe mode what the game considers Big John Studd's signature. The alternative is loving around in the create-a-moveset mode, and that's a pain in the rear end if you're looking for one move.

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu

Jubs posted:

Could someone find me a person who actually likes Cory Ledesma, Bryan Williams and that other goon looking fellow? In fact, is there a THQ employee that doesn't come off as super smug?
It's even worse when they send Miz out to do media appearances with Ledesma. It's....rage inducing.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

simosimo posted:

Do other games tap into nostalgia like wwe has been doing? I know the gameplay will be poo poo, but I will be buying just for Razor Ramon and a host of caws and 'real' arenas and living out my sega genesis days of wwf gaming.

They have us by the balls

I swear, you'd better be able to demand a five count as King Kong Bundy.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you

Davros1 posted:

I swear, you'd better be able to demand a five count as King Kong Bundy.

You'd better prepare to be disappointed!

At least you'll be able to get a 2 count

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Jubs posted:

Perry Normal
Jul 23, 2010

Humans disgust me. Vile creatures.
I'm nearing the end of Saint's Row 4 and, holy poo poo, Piper himself is actually in the game. I thought his outfit was there just as a joke on Keith David, but there's a whole sequence based on the fight scene in They Live and you can call on him as a "homie" to follow you around and do missions afterwards. Not sure what has thrilled me more - driving around in a high-tech tank with Roddy manning the gun on top or being in the middle of a massive fire fight and seeing him dropkick an alien off in the distance. I also accidentally shot him once and he yelled "WHAT THE gently caress ARE YOU DOING?" at me.

I was planning on trading in SR4 towards GTA5 when it came out, but between this and the talk about the DLC that's coming out, I'm not so sure.

Perry Normal fucked around with this message at 23:26 on Aug 29, 2013

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
I love that he beats David with the sleeper. And the end of that mission. "You don't call Roddy... He comes when he's needed..." And their banter as homies.

Perry Normal
Jul 23, 2010

Humans disgust me. Vile creatures.
I also love KD's "You don't call him, he'll go where he's needed." followed up immediately by "Forget what Keith just said, you can call him anytime!"

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

I'm not a huge fan of Saints Row, but goddamn I'm excited for GTA 5. I hope there are cheat codes, because the first thing I want to do is spawn a jet, fly to the top of the highest mountain I can find, and bunny hop off the side on a mountain bike.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

cheat codes don't exist in video games anymore, sorry

• Locked thread