Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Are you getting the Wii U?
This poll is closed.
Yes 9031 65.25%
No 1191 8.60%
Maybe 808 5.84%
I'm an idiot 460 3.32%
Waluigi 1603 11.58%
Waa 748 5.40%
Total: 13841 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~

That loving Sned posted:

The Game Boy Camera had loving style.

Even Snake approves.

The Game Boy Camera is the best :hfive:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
My game boy camera still works! I can confirm it is full of cat pictures.

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

You know they say that all demons are created equal, but you look at me and you look at Pyro Jack and you can see that statement is not true, hee-ho!

Yeah, there was an official Nintendo Player's Guide for the Game Boy Camera. And yes, I bought it back when it was new. Hell, it still looks new. Also couldn't find the box for my first Game Boy Camera, though I'm sure it's hiding somewhere; I am a video game hoarder. :negative:

And now the 3DS has a camera and nobody cares. :(

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

Mercury Crusader posted:

Yeah, there was an official Nintendo Player's Guide for the Game Boy Camera. And yes, I bought it back when it was new. Hell, it still looks new. Also couldn't find the box for my first Game Boy Camera, though I'm sure it's hiding somewhere; I am a video game hoarder. :negative:

I would care if the interface was anywhere as cool as the Game Boy Camera's (also if it was better quality than half a megapixel).

That Fucking Sned
Oct 28, 2010

I'd kill for some full-on Nintendo weirdness outside of the Wario/Rhythm Heaven games, since I'm so sick of the sterile, family-friendly feel of the recent consoles.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Mercury Crusader posted:

Excuse me that is a Funtography Guide.

kurona_bright
Mar 21, 2013
Is anybody else really, really impressed by the stuff people have been making on Miiverse? They're absolutely amazing and blowing my freaking mind. :stare:

Edoraz
Nov 20, 2007

Takin ova da world :cool:

kurona_bright posted:

Is anybody else really, really impressed by the stuff people have been making on Miiverse? They're absolutely amazing and blowing my freaking mind. :stare:

That isn't Miiverse, that's an app called Art Academy Sketchpad(?). It's really nice. I haven't done anything worthwhile on it.

abagofcheetos
Oct 29, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
Xbone killer app: mspaint.exe

thedouche
Mar 20, 2007
Greetings from thedouche

:dukedog:

Akileese posted:

Won't happen. The original MPT's are steelbook and these are just standard plastic cases. If anything, the original copies will double in value as a result.

If it drove down the price of loose, caseless copies, I'd be cool with that too.

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

Chaltab posted:

FIFA 14 is coming to the Wii but not the Wii U. It's not exactly a great measure of whether or not a console can reasonably still be considered alive and supported.

The Wii version of FIFA 14 is literally FIFA 12 with a new roster, just like FIFA 13 was. It costs EA basically nothing to make.

deadwing fucked around with this message at 02:03 on Aug 28, 2013

Widdiful
Oct 10, 2012

kurona_bright posted:

I really wish that I had the patience to be able to do stuff like that. I just use it to look at the pictures of dicks that my friends draw when I leave the room.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

Mercury Crusader posted:

Game Boy a camera came out in 1998, when camera phones were non existent. Now we get a camera on a Nintendo handheld and its quality is worse than my 5 year old dumb phone.

AngryCaterpillar
Feb 1, 2007

I DREW THIS
The Game Boy Camera should be on the Virtual Console.

japtor
Oct 28, 2005

AngryCaterpillar posted:

The Game Boy Camera should be on the Virtual Console.
$1 pale imitation if you have an iPhone:
https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/8-bit-pocket-camera/id422754031?mt=8

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

Oh wow! None of the personality of the actual GB Camera of course but still real fuckin' cool in its own way. Thanks!

Diviance
Feb 11, 2004

Television rules the nation.

ChibiSoma posted:

Does there exist a WiiU owner who doesn't play with their gamepad tethered to the AC Adapter at all times? It's a black hole. If it's going to need plugging in at least once a day, just play with the drat thing permanently attached and stop worrying about battery life.

You know what I like about the 360 controller? I don't have to stop what I'm doing and plug it in to anything when the batteries are low. I just replace the drat batteries and I'm good for another 20+ hours. I'll never be a fan of controllers that need to be charged. I don't want docking stations all over the god drat place.

It's the reason I decided against buying a Classic Controller for the WiiU. That's one more god drat rechargeable thing I have to find outlet space for. As much as I hate using the gamepad when playing Monster Hunter (because it's uncomfortable holding that bigass thing), I just don't have the drat room for two charging stations in here.

I bought that Nyko extended battery and twisted the cables the way shown in the video on the amazon review and it has worked flawlessly for 13+ hours at a time, max brightness, since I bought it.

So no, I do not have it tethered at all.

AngryCaterpillar
Feb 1, 2007

I DREW THIS

:aaa: In the absence of the real thing, I'll buy that for a dollar for sure.

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

"Thus," concluded Miyamoto, "you must give up everything you have to be my disciple."

ChibiSoma posted:

You know what I like about the 360 controller? I don't have to stop what I'm doing and plug it in to anything when the batteries are low. I just replace the drat batteries and I'm good for another 20+ hours. I'll never be a fan of controllers that need to be charged. I don't want docking stations all over the god drat place.

So you're the reason why Microsoft went for AAs again with the Xbone instead of an internal battery! :v: Suit yourself I guess, but all batteries do is create an aftermarket for battery packs/rechargables/batteries, the latter also contributing to the growing pile of toxic waste we have to deal with. The Wii U Pro controller comes with a 2m USB cable so now if any of my PS3/Wii U controllers run out, I just charge them while I play. I prefer that over having to pay extra money one way or the other. I also massively prefer that to having to juggle (and recharge) about a dozen Eneloops between all my Wiimotes and old handhelds and poo poo.

Box of Bunnies
Apr 3, 2012

by Pragmatica
Wii U's weekly sales in Japan dropped from 12,000 to 7,000. Wonderful 101 exceeded expectations for its failure, joining Madworld in P*'s Sub-10k Opening Week Club with sales of 5,258.

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch
That's really depressing.

Denim Avenger
Oct 20, 2010

Excelente
:sigh: Maybe the North American release can salvage it. I'm probably being way to hopeful.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Denim Avenger posted:

:sigh: Maybe the North American release can salvage it. I'm probably being way to hopeful.

It's going up against Grand Theft Auto 5. W101 requires people to already have a wii-u which most people don't. Where as GTA5 is on systems that many people already own.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

Denim Avenger posted:

Eh, I have it bought and paid for (thanks to birthday giftcards).I just need to wait for it to release.

But yeah, GTAV (which I'm also buying the same week) is going to absolutely obliterate it in sales.

I really do not understand why Nintendo chose to release it then instead of the end of August. :psyduck:

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

WendigoJohnson posted:

It's going up against Grand Theft Auto 5.

I know which one I'd rather play (hint: it's not the one that had a terrible entry in it's last outing and has been completely supplanted by another series that remembered what made the games fun).

Wonderful 101 is a good summation of what has gone horribly wrong with the gaming industry. It doesn't matter if it's the greatest game ever or god awful junk. It's different and that makes it just about impossible to sell.

AngryCaterpillar
Feb 1, 2007

I DREW THIS

Random Stranger posted:

I know which one I'd rather play (hint: it's not the one that had a terrible entry in it's last outing and has been completely supplanted by another series that remembered what made the games fun).

Blaerrgh. Calling GTAIV terrible is intellectually dishonest. The technology was new then and it completely overhauled the series. Like GTAIII, it basically set the template for everything that would follow, including the much more feature rich GTAV. Enjoy your knockoff, I'll be in my atomic blimp.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Box of Bunnies posted:

Wii U's weekly sales in Japan dropped from 12,000 to 7,000. Wonderful 101 exceeded expectations for its failure, joining Madworld in P*'s Sub-10k Opening Week Club with sales of 5,258.

I'd like to see I'm shocked, but I'm not. The second it was confirmed for Wii U I knew it wasn't gonna do gangbusters, which is unfortunate because it looks like one Platinum's best games.

Crowbear
Jun 17, 2009

You freak me out, man!

AngryCaterpillar posted:

Blaerrgh. Calling GTAIV terrible is intellectually dishonest. The technology was new then and it completely overhauled the series. Like GTAIII, it basically set the template for everything that would follow, including the much more feature rich GTAV. Enjoy your knockoff, I'll be in my atomic blimp.

It definitely wasn't a terrible game but I can't say I enjoyed it that much. It's one of the very few games this gen that I just gave up on halfway through.

Thankfully yes, GTAV looks like a huge improvement. I'll be grabbing it and W101 when they come next month and alternating playing them or something.

Shame Nintendo didn't release W101 here this month so I can play it in the gap between SR4 and GTAV :shepface:

Crowbear fucked around with this message at 15:49 on Aug 28, 2013

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Ballad of Gay Tony pretty much made up for GTA4's shortcomings in my eyes.

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch
Except for the part where the game crashes at the same point for me during a main story mission making it impossible for me to progress.

Lost and the Damned was the worst GTA anything I've ever played though. Good lord that was awful.

e: and i can say 100% that the combat in GTAIV and its episodes is completely bad. the cover system and movement is stiff and terrible and done better by just about every other cover based game this generation

Crowbear
Jun 17, 2009

You freak me out, man!
Sounds like the Basic console is officially discontinued and the 2 premium bundles (the current one and the WWHD one) will be $300 starting September 20.

http://kotaku.com/wii-u-price-drops-50-effective-september-20-1214840727

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

AngryCaterpillar posted:

I used to say that the difference between Grand Theft Auto being good and all of the terrible Grand Theft Auto knock-offs was that the knock-offs tried to be realistic. GTA4 was GTA falling into that same trap. I hated the game with a passion; it was completely unfun to me. If a game isn't fun, then it has failed at a basic level and is terrible. How's that "intellectually dishonest"?

And to pull this back to the Wii U, Lego City Undercover is a better GTA game than GTA4 was.

MykonosFan
Sep 9, 2012

Hows my homies training
going? Whaa? Hey! What
are you doing Ronald?

The most exciting bit of this for me is the hope that Wind Waker HD is coming out on September 20th, instead of the October 4th release date gaming sites were just talking about a few days ago.

The image they posted on their Facebook gives some release dates:

That's only a few weeks closer but makes me so much more excited. I can't wait to play it.

Crowbear
Jun 17, 2009

You freak me out, man!
Good move swapping DK and SM3DW, I think.

Gandalf21
May 17, 2012

Based on that box, it looks like the WWHD bundle will have Hyrule Historia bundled in with it too.

Hamsterlady
Jul 8, 2010

Corpse Party, bitches.

MykonosFan posted:

The most exciting bit of this for me is the hope that Wind Waker HD is coming out on September 20th, instead of the October 4th release date gaming sites were just talking about a few days ago.

The image they posted on their Facebook gives some release dates:

That's only a few weeks closer but makes me so much more excited. I can't wait to play it.

That would be hilarious, because then Nintendo's release schedule would put W101 in direct competition with GTAV and Wind Waker HD.

Crowbear
Jun 17, 2009

You freak me out, man!

Gandalf21 posted:

Based on that box, it looks like the WWHD bundle will have Hyrule Historia bundled in with it too.

It has a download voucher for a digital copy apparently.

MykonosFan
Sep 9, 2012

Hows my homies training
going? Whaa? Hey! What
are you doing Ronald?

Crowbear posted:

It has a download voucher for a digital copy apparently.

I was going to joke about this, that's expected and disappointing.

DarkHamsterlord posted:

That would be hilarious, because then Nintendo's release schedule would put W101 in direct competition with GTAV and Wind Waker HD.

W101 and WWHD would be in the same week, no less. Sorry in advance Platinum, we still love you.

Archbishop Karaoke
May 10, 2006

DarkHamsterlord posted:

http://kotaku.com/wind-waker-hd-releasing-early-if-youre-willing-to-dow-1214863417

It's actually the eShop release of Wind Waker HD that's releasing on 9/20, and the Zelda edition Wii U comes with a download voucher as well.

The retail version is still out on 10/4.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

Tito Smiley posted:

http://kotaku.com/wind-waker-hd-releasing-early-if-youre-willing-to-dow-1214863417

It's actually the eShop release of Wind Waker HD that's releasing on 9/20, and the Zelda edition Wii U comes with a download voucher as well.

The retail version is still out on 10/4.

I guess I'd be bitter about it if I wasn't getting it for 50 instead of 60 bucks. Also, going to busy enough as it is with GTA and W101.

• Locked thread