Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Migishu
Oct 22, 2005

I'll eat your fucking eyeballs if you're not careful

Grimey Drawer

flyboi posted:

kickstarter: 0 for 2

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HuduYiv5PMU

i'm done with that bullshit site

oh flyboi :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DaTroof
Nov 16, 2000

CC LIMERICK CONTEST GRAND CHAMPION
There once was a poster named Troof
Who was getting quite long in the toof

flyboi posted:

but wait there's more!

if you buy now you can also get

penus de milo
Mar 9, 2002

CHAR CHAR
I'll buy it off you for $25 + shipping

Migishu
Oct 22, 2005

Grimey Drawer
don't you think javascript is the tits? I sure do! let's have a microcontroller based on it! I sure can't wait for it to get 0d'd

and yet another fan movie project that will no doubt be taken down

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

what a disingenuous piece of poo poo this guy is, up to and including naming the thing "Espruino" but it not being arduino-compatible

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

quote:

Josh Kotoff is a Producer and YouTube strategist working towards his ambitious goals of new types of Youtube content and Youtube channels, and bringing to life web series online. Specialized in marketing and SEO, he has years of experience in competitive markets. He manages several web series and Hollywood-based YouTube channels, and oversees film festival projects. Josh is never one to shy away from a challenge. He spends his “free time” working on his other web series or collecting Bionicles. Josh is a student at Cal State Fullerton and is double majoring in Business Administration and Finance.

:laffo:

Miley Virus
Apr 9, 2010

bionicles gently caress weren't those the lovely mid-2000s xtreme lego toys for kids

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

flyboi posted:

i told you not to trust anything with a MIPS cpu being made past 2005!!!!!

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

u deserve diploma for sublime comedy expertise
are we still laughing at flyboi's utter shock that it was a piece of poo poo

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe
also the whole idea of using a 320x240 screen so there was no scaling was just insane. simple pixel doubling would work ok on a higher res screen as well

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat

Orbi posted:

bionicles gently caress weren't those the lovely mid-2000s xtreme lego toys for kids
they were kinda interesting for about two years and then went full retard

Proteus4994
Jan 2, 2001

Do not engage. Just tell me to go back to Kiwi Farms where I waste days upon days crying about how I wasted years upon years on SA. Did you know I was personally responsible for SA's rise in popularity in the 00's? It's true! Just come to the Farms and find out how! It's the trash kingdom I deserve.

i don't get cal state fullerton. people who go there act like it's mit, stanford, and yale rolled up into one when in reality it's a mid-tier cal state school at best, so this doesn't surprise me at all

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
kickstarter: an arduino-controlled electric radiator packed full of papertowels that will convientintly turn on in the middle of the night and burn down your house with your entire family in it from the comfort of your own bed.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

also that guy stole his sample arduino code from wikipedia

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

time to steal some content from yourkickstartersucks.tumblr

this on the other hand is awesome

GameCube fucked around with this message at 19:29 on Aug 27, 2013

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

Thanks! Yes, I'll post on the FAQ about that. It's not actually compatible directly (the board is about half the physical size of a normal Arduino) but a simple (completely passive) PCB could allow Arduino shields to be fitted.

Thanks for the hint about the Timer library too - I wasn't aware it was that easy (googling 'flash two LEDs Arduino' doesn't lead to a very useful answer) - however I still believe that Espruino is easier to learn.

As for setup(): Espruino doesn't need it - I figure in most cases, it's not needed. Of course pinMode still exists and when used will override digitalWrite/etc - but if you don't and then use digitalWrite, the interpreter switches pin mode automatically.

hope that helps,

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

oh i forgot i messaged that mars quadcopter guy too

We're well aware of the martian environment. It is a big concern. Before building any custom martian copters, we will model and test components and systems both for immediate engineering goals and also because each phase will cost an order of magnitude more than the last phase and we need to learn everything we can before pressing ahead.

In future phases we'll have access to facilities at NASA Ames to do full-up flight tests in a martian air pressure chamber -- including wind tunnel Our Phase I only demonstrates that having a copter on Mars would be of great value which will help in raising follow-on interest and funding.

In addition to NASA, we're well-connected with people at Aurora Flight Sciences (the people who designed the Mars Ares flyer). In facm, a good friend of mine designed the aeroshell release mechanism for Ares. We also have a solid relationship with MIT AeroAstro -- so once we are designing martian copters we'll have lots of expertise and facilities to access.

On first glance, this may look like another wannabe Mars project -- but there's a lot of horsepower behind this project.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

Werthog 95 posted:

oh i forgot i messaged that mars quadcopter guy too

We're well aware of the martian environment. It is a big concern. Before building any custom martian copters, we will model and test components and systems both for immediate engineering goals and also because each phase will cost an order of magnitude more than the last phase and we need to learn everything we can before pressing ahead.

In future phases we'll have access to facilities at NASA Ames to do full-up flight tests in a martian air pressure chamber -- including wind tunnel Our Phase I only demonstrates that having a copter on Mars would be of great value which will help in raising follow-on interest and funding.

In addition to NASA, we're well-connected with people at Aurora Flight Sciences (the people who designed the Mars Ares flyer). In facm, a good friend of mine designed the aeroshell release mechanism for Ares. We also have a solid relationship with MIT AeroAstro -- so once we are designing martian copters we'll have lots of expertise and facilities to access.

On first glance, this may look like another wannabe Mars project -- but there's a lot of horsepower behind this project.

seems like he thought it through

EMILY BLUNTS
Jan 1, 2005

who was it that wanted to do an open source space mission and posted their capsule and there were right angles everywhere (which some engineeery dude said was super bad and lol), and it looked like it was done in 6mins in sketchup

BooLoo
Oct 18, 2010

SLAM TIME

Orbi posted:

i bought one for a 9 year old boy last year and he was only mildly interested

Proteus4994
Jan 2, 2001

Do not engage. Just tell me to go back to Kiwi Farms where I waste days upon days crying about how I wasted years upon years on SA. Did you know I was personally responsible for SA's rise in popularity in the 00's? It's true! Just come to the Farms and find out how! It's the trash kingdom I deserve.

BooLoo posted:

i bought one for a 9 year old boy last year and he was only mildly interested

thankfully the candy got him into your van anyway

flyboi
Oct 13, 2005

agg stop posting
College Slice

Dead Inside Darwin posted:

are we still laughing at flyboi's utter shock that it was a piece of poo poo

to be honest i expected as much and this is part of why i hide my wallet when i get drunk

Captain Cool
Oct 23, 2004

This is a song about messin' with people who've been messin' with you

EMILY BLUNTS posted:

who was it that wanted to do an open source space mission and posted their capsule and there were right angles everywhere (which some engineeery dude said was super bad and lol), and it looked like it was done in 6mins in sketchup
found it, but the images were on waffleimages and the site is gone
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3288027
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3335167
http://web.archive.org/web/20110301111307/http://openspacemovement.org/

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

get meow this wack-ass crystal prison

Al! posted:

seems like he thought it through

yeah that dude seems ok

what the hell, Martian quadrocopter is a better kickstarter idea than another bottle opener, wallet, or android microconsole

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

flyboi posted:

to be honest i expected as much and this is part of why i hide my wallet when i get drunk

i managed to not memorize my credit card number for months and then welp

Amethyst
Mar 28, 2004

I CANNOT HELP BUT MAKE THE DCSS THREAD A FETID SWAMP OF UNFUN POSTING
plz notice me trunk-senpai

Dead Inside Darwin posted:

knife in left, fork in right, anything else is dumb

what the gently caress

Nomnom Cookie
Aug 30, 2009

spork me in the face

oh yeah

unh

Migishu
Oct 22, 2005

Grimey Drawer
oh god not this poo poo again get over it sperglords

Migishu
Oct 22, 2005

Grimey Drawer
moccasins BOAT SHOES

ANOTHER loving MOBA also i dont think that female body armor will protect very well

your mbp sucks (it unironically does) so we're releasing this new shell for it that it runs cooler and is also twice the thickness of the original shell so that we can defeat the purpose of having a thin computer

OH GOD MY EYES

because we need more poo poo "reality" shows like this

yo dawg, i heard you like kickstarters, so i'm doing a kickstarter to do a documentary on kickstarters, so you can kickstart my documentary so i can document kicksta... eh i give up

totally not startgate x 5th element

eh, better than the toilet diamond I guess?

because (stupid) people still believe in ghosts

YET ANOTHER MOBA (like) GAME OH loving HELL

Migishu
Oct 22, 2005

Grimey Drawer

it looks like she's gone from suck...

*dons glasses*

...to blow

*instant CSI*

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

i want to stab everybody involved in the boat shoes project but come the revolution i won't have to

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

i would get this as a gift for people but 15 loving thousand dollars for the goal? i really dont know of it will make it.

also $30 is a bit extreme for a drat novelty bowl

Migishu
Oct 22, 2005

Grimey Drawer
yo nigga, get me out of this big rear end crystal clear ice prison

actually pretty neat for cocktail parties or to show off to your pretentious friends I guess

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

Exotic Cars, Hot women and Exotic Cars. Need we say more?

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

Migishu posted:

actually pretty neat for cocktail parties or to show off to your pretentious friends I guess

you ever had that $6 spherical ice? their entire spiel is about how they use the most pure water on the planet or some poo poo

looks like they just use tap water and a special freezing mold to get clear ice.

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

Steve "Commodore Black Fox" Kimball is already a legend in the pirate entertainment and re-enactment community.

also he started this one two days after his identical project failed

bonus hilarity: t-shirts are only offered in XL

GameCube fucked around with this message at 15:40 on Aug 28, 2013

Meat Beat Agent
Aug 5, 2007

felonious assault with a sproinging boner

Werthog 95 posted:

Commodore Black Fox

RIP jack

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

presented without comment

Vicas
Dec 9, 2009

Sweet tricks, mom.

Migishu posted:

honestly this is pretty cool and actually a neat niche product that it makes perfect sense to kickstart, unlike 90% of the site

Migishu posted:

ANOTHER loving MOBA also i dont think that female body armor will protect very well

otoh this is hilarious

quote:

An innovative new ARTS/MOBA with a visual style unlike anything you've seen in the genre.

i give you my specialty, a completely generic sci-fi world #woah

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EAT THE EGGS RICOLA
May 29, 2008

Migishu posted:

Yeah I guess that's a good way to make ice if you're a poor.

• Locked thread