Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
Those four songs were all released before the album was; the album versions are just slightly different aside from New God Flow, which is a lot different.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

illcendiary
Dec 4, 2005

Damn, this is good coffee.

TheJoker138 posted:

Wait seriously? So if I got the album when it came out I now have to get it AGAIN to have these new versions?

Like Anaranjado said, nothing has changed since the release. On Spotify, for instance, the songs have been named "_____.1" since release, which is almost a year ago now.

atrus50
Dec 24, 2008
The songs on itunes and spotify are different tho

Little things like parts where the beat drops out different to straight up grafting john legend to the hook on sin city to taking common back off the album version of mercy

Jam2
Jan 15, 2008

With Energy For Mayhem

scary ghost dog posted:

Guilt Trip and Send It Up are fuckin awesome, top 2 tracks for an album with no skips for me.

Guilt Trip is the one song that feels complete. The way the effects bubble up ever so often... And the great sample

reflex
Aug 9, 2009

I'd rather laugh with the mudders than cry with the saints. The mudders are much more fun. Hoorah.
Kanye did Blood on the Leaves at the VMAs. I'll go see him if he goes on tour.

Night Danger Moose
Jan 5, 2004

YO SOY FIESTA

reflex posted:

drat, he killed that. Love that song. Too bad the censoring hosed the recording up pretty bad.

Yoshifan823
Feb 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

reflex posted:

If you are on the fence about watching this, let me put it like so: Kanye West just simulated a lynching in front of an audience of celebrities and teenagers waiting to see if/when 'NSync would reunite.

God Bless Kanye West.

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

The answer is, mate, because I want to do you slowly. There has to be a bit of sport in this for all of us. In the psychological battle stakes, we are stripped down and ready to go. I want to see those ashen-faced performances; I want more of them. I want to be encouraged. I want to see you squirm.

Night Danger Moose posted:

drat, he killed that. Love that song. Too bad the censoring hosed the recording up pretty bad.

That censoring was hilarious. Somehow they managed to not censor "gently caress" and "niggas" while censoring every other word!

Awesome performance though.

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006

Yoshifan823 posted:

If you are on the fence about watching this, let me put it like so: Kanye West just simulated a lynching in front of an audience of celebrities and teenagers waiting to see if/when 'NSync would reunite.

Do teenagers even know that Justin Timberlake used to be in a boy band?

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

I've watched every VMAs video Pitchfork posted (Kanye, Justin Timberlake/NSYNC, Drake, Daft Punk/Pharrell/Nile Rodgers, Robin Thicke/Miley Cyrus/2 Chainz/Kendrick Lamar) and they were all horribly unimpressive except for Kanye's which was loving awesome. I'm astounded that he performed a song like that with that kind of crowd around him. Dude has a hell of a stage presence, too. I'd love to see him live.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
I'm disappointed he didn't do the rest of the song.

reflex
Aug 9, 2009

I'd rather laugh with the mudders than cry with the saints. The mudders are much more fun. Hoorah.
Kanye's stage moves at the VMAs could pass as a six year old's temper tantrum. He's really into his poo poo.

a milk crime
Jun 30, 2007

Murky Waters
big business man

reflex posted:

Kanye's stage moves at the VMAs could pass as a six year old's temper tantrum. He's really into his poo poo.

those have been kanye's moves since forever.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
I like how people complain about Kanye using autotune like he's robbing you of some masterful singing performance that would've been there otherwise. He's got a bunch of passion and an endearing drive, but he can't sing and no ones expecting him to learn. That's exactly who should be using auto-tune.

Intel&Sebastian fucked around with this message at 22:44 on Aug 26, 2013

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
Ive never heard anyone complain about that but I will agree Kanye is one of the few legit users of autotune tech

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

I don't understand why I can't harass people online. Seriously, somebody please explain why I shouldn't be allowed to stalk others on social media!
Anyone have a working video of his performance? I can't find a good one and every single search term with "vma" in it is filled with Miley Cyrus videos.

a milk crime
Jun 30, 2007

Murky Waters
big business man

Intel&Sebastian posted:

but he can't sing and no ones expecting him to learn.

i am pretty sure he does the backup vocals on the chorus for See Me Now sans autotune and they don't sound terrible

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill

Boris Galerkin posted:

Anyone have a working video of his performance? I can't find a good one and every single search term with "vma" in it is filled with Miley Cyrus videos.

Its linked on this page

http://www.vulture.com/2013/08/highs-and-lows-of-the-2013-mtv-vmas.html

Yoshifan823
Feb 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Seriously, look at this:

I mean, obviously the quality is a little sketch because it's ripped off of the live performance instead of shot like a proper concert should be, but could anyone else get away with this?

a milk crime
Jun 30, 2007

Murky Waters
big business man

Yoshifan823 posted:

could anyone else get away with this?

That's a bit hyperbolic, no? I think there a number of performers who could, especially considering that Beyonce still exists.

HorseRenoir
Dec 25, 2011

Pillbug
Kanye is planning a Yeezus remix EP, which will include the long awaited Miley Cyrus remix of "Black Skinhead" :pwn:

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

The smh in the thread title has never been more appropriate :ughh:

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
Honestly my mind is open ever since that GOOD Music remix of Justin Biebers runaway love, I enjoyed that poo poo.

Scorched Spitz
Dec 12, 2011
Bieber can actually sing, though. Miley can't.

Plum Chaser
Jul 2, 2011

by Lowtax

Scorched Spitz posted:

Bieber can actually sing, though. Miley can't.

she can twerk thought so who cares right

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

I AM BRAWW posted:

she can twerk thought so who cares right

From what I've seen I'm actually fairly certain she can't do that either.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc

TheJoker138 posted:

From what I've seen I'm actually fairly certain she can't do that either.

If you came it counts

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
Saturday Night Live's Jay Pharaoh did a thing:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HViabkXwYjw

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.
I have a feeling this article's conclusions might be somewhat off base, but I still find the idea of Kanye West playing at a Kazakhstani's grandson's birthday party to be really funny.

http://consequenceofsound.net/2013/09/kanye-west-played-in-kazakhstan-last-night-and-no-one-watched/

inSTAALed
Feb 3, 2008

MOP

n'

SLOP
https://twitter.com/kanyewest/status/375965727510888448

Looks like Kanye is teaming up with Kendrick Lamar for his Yeezus tour.

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
BUT MY LIVELIHOOD DEPENDS ON THE FORUMS!

inSTAALed posted:

https://twitter.com/kanyewest/status/375965727510888448

Looks like Kanye is teaming up with Kendrick Lamar for his Yeezus tour.

Welp, now I know one thing I'll be doing in November.

reflex
Aug 9, 2009

I might take that 90min airplane ride to see Yeezy

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

reflex posted:

I might take that 90min airplane ride to see Yeezy
I might have to drive 5 hours to Houston to see Yeezy

reflex
Aug 9, 2009

What are the odds ticket prices are not going to be hilariously inflated?

atrus50
Dec 24, 2008

reflex posted:

What are the odds ticket prices are not going to be hilariously inflated?

33-122 dollars from what i hear

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

That's if you manage to not have ticketmaster gently caress you. I'm going to try to go to the NYC show though. SO hard.

Edit: Am I reading that right no Kendrick at NYC?

KidDynamite fucked around with this message at 20:46 on Sep 6, 2013

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

God, Tickets at TD Garden are gonna cost a fortune, aren't they?

reflex
Aug 9, 2009

How sick is Kanye live? I'm debating on $600 for flights + ticket real hard.

KidDynamite posted:

Edit: Am I reading that right no Kendrick at NYC?
Yep. The fools on KTT are calling Jay-Z as the special guest, but that leaves him a week from starting his own tour.

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
BUT MY LIVELIHOOD DEPENDS ON THE FORUMS!

reflex posted:

How sick is Kanye live?

He's supposedly a fantastic live performer.

I don't know if he's $600 for a show-good, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

If his VMAs/SNL performances are anything to go by, then I'm sure his tours are loving intense.

• Locked thread