Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012
OOO ep. 3:

iPHONE4 ON SALE NOW

black rx also had previous riders show up around the end.

black rx is also a poo poo show

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Waffleman_ posted:

No matter how bland Wizard is, I will forever defend the basic style suit design as some of the best in the series. And the Dragon styles aren't bad either. Then it kinda got crazy.

Wizard kind of ended up being Kamen Rider Meteor: The Show in that all the suit aesthetics and style made me really want to like it because the first impression was so flashy and fun but it just didn't click with me once that initial excitement ran out.

I'll go to the mat for Nitoh though, definitely my favorite side rider.

Brother Entropy fucked around with this message at 17:14 on Aug 27, 2013

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

The Blackest Goon posted:

OOO ep. 3:

iPHONE4 ON SALE NOW

black rx also had previous riders show up around the end.

black rx is also a poo poo show

It's almost like they try to save poo poo awful shows with past heroes and just flail wildly and waste them.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

How have the ratings/toy sales been for Wizard? Do the Japanese children like it or is it just a stinker all around?

Brinty
Aug 4, 2012

Waffleman_ posted:

How have the ratings/toy sales been for Wizard? Do the Japanese children like it or is it just a stinker all around?

I read somewhere it's toy sales are losing by a quite fair margin to Kyoryuger, no actual source given though, so I don't know about that.

I know in terms of viewer numbers it's lower than any of the last 3 KR though.

Fred is on
Dec 25, 2007

Riders...
IN SPACE!

Cipher Pol 9 posted:

That's pretty awesome though, I hope they get some of the past riders to reprise their roles in voice at least.

That would be neat, and they've confirmed Decade at least, but for the rest I imagine it'll do the thing where they all show up out of nowhere already suited up, and when your favorite one gets a line it's a nasally, high-pitched voice completely different from the one you're used to. As cool as these crossovers sound, usually in practice what happens is that only one or two guest Riders get to be actual characters (if even that) while the rest are just a walking suit actor group shot.

Now, though, "Amadam, creator of magic stones"? If that's true, then that's a neat little Kuuga throwback. I'll probably be watching the special without bothering to actually catch up to the show first, if only to see Gaim's first appearance.

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012
Ugh, its such a shame with wizard.

A magic based KR is too awesome an idea to be handled so poorly :-(

I'm sure at some point I'll watch it when it ends (I honestly don't know how you guys can watch these shows weekly and NOT go batshit)

Fred is on posted:

That would be neat, and they've confirmed Decade at least, but for the rest I imagine it'll do the thing where they all show up out of nowhere already suited up, and when your favorite one gets a line it's a nasally, high-pitched voice completely different from the one you're used to.

and then Tomokazu Seki voices all the showa riders because gently caress effort

BornAPoorBlkChild fucked around with this message at 18:17 on Aug 27, 2013

FortMax
Mar 22, 2013

The Bunny Hat

Burkion posted:

It's almost like they try to save poo poo awful shows with past heroes and just flail wildly and waste them.

To be fair to Black RX, having the past Riders show up at the end of the series was a normal thing for Showa Rider. Amazon, Super-1, and Black were the only Showa series to not have the past Riders in the finale. (The Super-1 movie had the previous Riders, though)

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

FortMax posted:

To be fair to Black RX, having the past Riders show up at the end of the series was a normal thing for Showa Rider. Amazon, Super-1, and Black were the only Showa series to not have the past Riders in the finale. (The Super-1 movie had the previous Riders, though)

That's not entirely accurate.

Of course the original Kamen Rider couldn't have past Riders showing up, but V3 didn't either. I don't recall if the first four showed up for X's finale, but I don't think they did. AMazon didn't, Stronger did, Skyrider did, Super-1 didn't.

The more accurate thing here is to say that a lot of the older Rider series had crossovers with one another. Except Amazon, Super-1 and Black.

The issue is where this manifests in Black RX. In those crossovers, the heroes were treated with respect, often helping the newer guy, training him, giving him new powers at times. They were also always CHARACTERS, even when appearing in suit, and got involved in poo poo and did important things.

In RX they were pretty much suit filler and do less than the human comic relief. They really were just an utter waste.

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

Burkion posted:

In RX they were pretty much suit filler and do less than the human comic relief. They really were just an utter waste.
At least they served to teach future generations who Amazon really is.

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012
go busters live show

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-0WDl4s-71k

Dr Tran
Dec 17, 2002

HE'S GOT A PH.D. IN
KICKING YOUR ASS!

I skipped to the end and instead of dancing, Akarenger and Gokai Red were there. :confused:

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

He rides a horse.

Brother Entropy posted:

They don't exactly do much with this though, it's kind of just hanging there in the background and occasionally called up or pointed out without doing much to generate conflicts or interesting story angles with it. All I got out of it was 'Eiji REALLY wants to help people' which isn't really a unique or interesting character distinction for the main character of a superhero TV show. If I compare Eiji to either of his predecessors or his successor he feels incredibly dull.

Yeah, it would have been neat if they had explored that more. Like, maybe having no desire for oneself is a bad thing? And like, maybe he could have gotten a set of medals that were different from the others, like, they only desired oblivion, and Eiji's lack of desire for himself made him start to succumb to those medals, maybe he could have even become a GREEED himself! That would have owned. too bad they didn't do anything like that

quote:

OOOs really should've been Kamen Rider Ankh who can't access the power of the Medals without his sidekick Eiji.

They did that, it was called Den-O, and it was terrible.

edit: catching up on Wizard, holy poo poo the bicycle episode. They just completely ran out of ideas, didn't they?

boom boom boom fucked around with this message at 04:44 on Aug 28, 2013

Shaezerus
Mar 24, 2008

God? Or perhaps a devil?
Show me which you'll choose!

boom boom boom posted:

edit: catching up on Wizard, holy poo poo the bicycle episode. They just completely ran out of ideas, didn't they?

I like to imagine it's the writers going "Oh, poo poo. Kamen Rider Beast. We gotta fix this, you guys."

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QT_ijHW2bug&feature=youtube_gdata_player

holy gently caress why didn't anyone tell me operation overdrive was edited by retards? :stare:

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
I still never understood the decision to take Boukenger's roll call poses but replace their custom dialogue with the exact same "Kick into Overdrive! _____ Ranger!" Like, what is the point?

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

The Blackest Goon posted:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QT_ijHW2bug&feature=youtube_gdata_player

holy gently caress why didn't anyone tell me operation overdrive was edited by retards? :stare:

WE DID. ALL THE TIME. NO ONE BELIEVED US.

Operation Overdrive is the worst goddamn Power Rangers season. At least the other shows FEEL LIKE TV SHOWS.

Scratchman Apoo
Mar 27, 2011
I think the most annoying thing about Operation Overdrive is how often they did that stupid effect where there was a gigantic explosion in the background and they would zoom in on it. It was the worst thing and it always lasted about the same amount of time. They did it about 3 or 4 time in that clip. I was bored once and counted in a team-up episode and they used it roughly 45 times.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Scratchman Apoo posted:

I think the most annoying thing about Operation Overdrive is how often they did that stupid effect where there was a gigantic explosion in the background and they would zoom in on it. It was the worst thing and it always lasted about the same amount of time. They did it about 3 or 4 time in that clip. I was bored once and counted in a team-up episode and they used it roughly 45 times.

RPM did it quite a few times if I remembered correctly. They even showed how they did it in the behind the scenes episode for RPM as well.

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

Does Fourze at least maintain the same level of fun throughout? Because the first episode was pretty great. I like the suit/gimmick, I like the characters, I like the school setting. It's just super appealing to me.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Liar Lyre posted:

Does Fourze at least maintain the same level of fun throughout? Because the first episode was pretty great. I like the suit/gimmick, I like the characters, I like the school setting. It's just super appealing to me.

It's good that you like those things, cause that's all you're getting. No plot, do drama, no high stakes finale, just more of the Rider club and the gimmick in the school.

But a lot less wirework in the fights, that poo poo's gotta be expensive.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

That it does. Gentaro himself is a pretty static character and the plot starts to waver a bit in the last third, but it is a superfun Rider.

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

boom boom boom posted:

It's good that you like those things, cause that's all you're getting. No plot, do drama, no high stakes finale, just more of the Rider club and the gimmick in the school.

But a lot less wirework in the fights, that poo poo's gotta be expensive.

Would it be fair to say it is similar to early Power Rangers?

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/08/29/green-power-ranger-movie-chatter

Dude's dedicated, I'll give him that much.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
I'm not sure if I want this or not.

On one hand, I really loving do.

On the other hand, it's bound to be shittingly amazingly awful...

On the other dragonzord it'd have a Dragonzord so Dragonzord and well um.

poo poo. I guess I do.

HKR
Jan 13, 2006

there is no universe where duke nukem would not be a trans ally

Remake Stronger with JDF.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

HKR posted:

Remake Stronger with JDF.

I would unironically support this. For terrible reasons, mind you, but still.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER

Tae posted:

I still never understood the decision to take Boukenger's roll call poses but replace their custom dialogue with the exact same "Kick into Overdrive! _____ Ranger!" Like, what is the point?

One thing I noticed is that the yellow ranger's pose is different from the one Natsuki had. I guess they felt it was out of character enough for 'generic tomboy' that they had to spend money to correct it.

AzraelNewtype
Nov 9, 2004

「ブレストバーン!!」
Megaranger 1-24 by MFC.

boom boom boom posted:

If you haven't seen the show, you didn't have to answer his question.

AzraelNewtype fucked around with this message at 03:22 on Aug 29, 2013

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

So the batch torrent of W 30-49 is terribly seeded and is gonna take about a day. Should I buck up or download the episodes individually from KRDL, which is still a bit slow?

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

Waffleman_ posted:

So the batch torrent of W 30-49 is terribly seeded and is gonna take about a day. Should I buck up or download the episodes individually from KRDL, which is still a bit slow?

Depends on if you're gonna want to watch them in that time frame or not. If not, just start the torrent and let it just do its thing all day.

Ignis
Mar 31, 2011

I take it you don't want my autograph, then.

Waffleman_ posted:

There's 10 seeds in it right now, but I've just started seeding it from our seedbox anyways. If you're in a hurry you can grab them off KRDL or the IRC bot.

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!

Tae posted:

Most the the American seasons did stuff like that. I guess they couldn't think of poo poo for them to say so the entire team would repeat the same generic line followed by color. They did that same thing in Samurai all the time.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Ignis posted:

There's 10 seeds in it right now, but I've just started seeding it from our seedbox anyways. If you're in a hurry you can grab them off KRDL or the IRC bot.

There were 10 seeds, but for some reason, I wasn't getting any of them. It's working much better now, though. Thanks~!

Cliff Racer
Mar 24, 2007

by Lowtax

Liar Lyre posted:

Fourze actually changes a lot through the run of the show, though it keeps all the thematic elements the same, so it depends on what you call fun. It remains, for lack of a better word, lighthearted throughout the whole run but there is a plot. The KR club sort of gets shoved to the side with characters being Flanderized or just not doing much of anything as time goes on. Then other stuff like the villain's relations with eachother or the "trying out new switches" episode setups change or go away as the series goes on.

FortMax
Mar 22, 2013

The Bunny Hat

(Megaranger episode 4)

Oh 1997.

You can even see the browser loading the next frame of the webcam feed ig you go frame-by-frame. Takes 3-4 frames of film per frame of webcam at times.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

ImpAtom posted:

Zubat is the best show ever made and the second there are subtitles everyone ever needs to watch it.

Well well well.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Everyone needs to watch it. :colbert:

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Yeeeeeeees. I knew if I sacrificed enough dumb anime to the Gods of Justice more episodes of this beautiful series would be subbed!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scratchman Apoo
Mar 27, 2011

FortMax posted:

(Megaranger episode 4)

Oh 1997.

You can even see the browser loading the next frame of the webcam feed ig you go frame-by-frame. Takes 3-4 frames of film per frame of webcam at times.

I will say Megaranger was on the cutting edge of technology for its time. It may seem really hacky and dated now, but it had poo poo like digital cameras and webcams in 1997. If they did it now people would just think "Who cares? I have an iPad and can just do all of this myself."

• Locked thread