Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
seventeen
Jan 2, 2005

Do not try and score on the powerplay. That's impossible. Instead... only try to realize the truth.

What truth?

There is no powerplay.

JetsGuy posted:

****WALL OF SHAME****

People who were late or didn't show up:

Breesus Christ
Hot Dog Heros
1017 BRICK SQUAD

I posted about being on vacation so I was gonna be unable to draft. Now to see the damage of autodraft...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JetsGuy
Sep 17, 2003

science + hockey
=
LASER SKATES

seventeen posted:

I posted about being on vacation so I was gonna be unable to draft. Now to see the damage of autodraft...

Yeah, I know Seventeen, I acknowledge that you were up front from the beginning that you'd be unable to make it. Doesn't preclude you from wall of shame! ;)

seventeen
Jan 2, 2005

Do not try and score on the powerplay. That's impossible. Instead... only try to realize the truth.

What truth?

There is no powerplay.

JetsGuy posted:

Yeah, I know Seventeen, I acknowledge that you were up front from the beginning that you'd be unable to make it. Doesn't preclude you from wall of shame! ;)

My team is shameful enough punishment. Two kickers, Chad Henne, ugh

halonx
May 4, 2005

JuicedSixFo posted:

i was probably the second most active and i was on the ipad app

Crazy, my chat window kept going away. Could have been caused by my 4 year old son watching TV on this thing while eating a ring pop.

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007

seventeen posted:

better Henne than Gabbert

bbf2
Nov 22, 2007

"The White Shadow"

seventeen posted:

How could the autodraft possibly screw up that badly? Usually it wants to fill in every position before drafting the bench. Why would it wait on QB until the very last round and leave that spot open the whole time as it drafts backups (including backup kickers). What kind of wackiness did you put in your predraft settings?

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

Stevie Lee posted:

better Henne than Gabbert

Sidenote: both Henne and Gabbert started for my team that was 1.4 points from winning the championship last year.

seventeen
Jan 2, 2005

What truth?

There is no powerplay.

bbf2 posted:

How could the autodraft possibly screw up that badly? Usually it wants to fill in every position before drafting the bench. Why would it wait on QB until the very last round and leave that spot open the whole time as it drafts backups (including backup kickers). What kind of wackiness did you put in your predraft settings?

I set it up to draft best available after the first 4 rounds assuming it would take a quarterback at some point, though I'm wondering if my dumb rear end forgot to save it. Either way, I'm happy with some of the building blocks and when I get home from vacation will be wheelin and dealin

JetsGuy
Sep 17, 2003

science + hockey
=
LASER SKATES

seventeen posted:

I set it up to draft best available after the first 4 rounds assuming it would take a quarterback at some point, though I'm wondering if my dumb rear end forgot to save it. Either way, I'm happy with some of the building blocks and when I get home from vacation will be wheelin and dealin

"Best avail" isn't necessarily QBs, it generally is skill players the first 4 rounds. Position limits help to an extent, but the draft strategy thing is only marginally helpful in forcing it to not draft you kickers or def too early.

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

I'm a shameful owner who forgot about the draft. I set my list to take a QB in the first round and then best available after that which is why I now have Cam Newton and Matt Ryan. I'm more inclined to trade Newton.

I'm Breesus Christ and I know I would like to trade out a Cardinal or Dolphin to help with the bye weeks in any trade I make. I think I should make clear that, just because I have two first string QBs, this doesn't mean I'm going to give Newton away.

Here are the players I'd like to try to find a way to work into a trade:
Rashard Mendenhall
Mike Wallace
Andre Roberts
Brian Hartline

I'm not a football nut so please understand that I'm mostly going to be working off statistical projections I can find on the internet when I'm offered trades so please don't be offended if I have a basic disagreement about your favorite player.

tadashi fucked around with this message at 14:55 on Aug 26, 2013

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
You are receiving this broadcast as a dream...We are transmitting from the year one nine... nine nine ...You are receiving this broadcast in order t
I might be interested in either trading Alex Smith for a low tier RB or Brees for a higher tier RB + something if anyone is strong at RB and weak at QB.

JetsGuy
Sep 17, 2003

science + hockey
=
LASER SKATES
How the gently caress did this thread fall to page 2? A shameful league. SHAME ON ALL OF YOU.

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

Seriously, if you are weak at QB, Breesus Christ would like to trade you Cam Newton, who put 360 points on the board last season. I am focusing on upgrading just about everywhere except QB and kicker. :sigh:

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

JetsGuy posted:

How the gently caress did this thread fall to page 2? A shameful league. SHAME ON ALL OF YOU.

Aren't we waiting on the schedule to be finalized before we know who we're trash talking? Seems like we've got a serious case of rubberus glueus syndrome.

JetsGuy
Sep 17, 2003

science + hockey
=
LASER SKATES

Silly Burrito posted:

Aren't we waiting on the schedule to be finalized before we know who we're trash talking? Seems like we've got a serious case of rubberus glueus syndrome.

Yeah, I'll do it over the weekend. I'm partying it up NOT IN loving NASHVILLE BECAUSE MY DUMBASS FRIEND DECIDED TO SCHEDULE HIS loving WEEKEND OPENING loving WEEKEND.

A pox upon all of you dumb dumbs who put your wedding during home games. A POX!

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Unofficial Goon Disney travel agent since 2014!

Tens of Goons served!

That's why the Burrito and I got married on July 4. Ain't nobody caring about America's birthday, ain't no football on.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

JetsGuy posted:

Yeah, I'll do it over the weekend. I'm partying it up NOT IN loving NASHVILLE BECAUSE MY DUMBASS FRIEND DECIDED TO SCHEDULE HIS loving WEEKEND OPENING loving WEEKEND.

Hah, last wedding like that I went to (I think it was LSU/Georgia), roughly 70-75% of the people were watching updates on their phone during the whole thing. You just don't schedule a fall wedding in the south on gameday, or if you do, don't get pissed when everyone runs to the reception hall and turns on the TV afterward.

JetsGuy
Sep 17, 2003

science + hockey
=
LASER SKATES

Silly Burrito posted:

Hah, last wedding like that I went to (I think it was LSU/Georgia), roughly 70-75% of the people were watching updates on their phone during the whole thing. You just don't schedule a fall wedding in the south on gameday, or if you do, don't get pissed when everyone runs to the reception hall and turns on the TV afterward.

Californians.

seventeen
Jan 2, 2005

What truth?

There is no powerplay.

tadashi posted:

Seriously, if you are weak at QB, Breesus Christ would like to trade you Cam Newton, who put 360 points on the board last season. I am focusing on upgrading just about everywhere except QB and kicker. :sigh:

Sent an initial offer. Feel free to counter

JetsGuy
Sep 17, 2003

science + hockey
=
LASER SKATES
This is the first year ever that I didn't draft a solid second QB for trades. BALLS TO THE WALL GENTLEMEN

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
Congratulations Commish on winning the David Wilson lottery.

JuicedSixFo
Mar 16, 2007
Just throwing it out there, that least season's championship quarterback, Christian Ponder, is on the trading block.

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

I'm pretty sure looking through the waiver wire to fill in the spots that opened up when i put Gronk/Harvin on IR led to some of the saddest fantasy-related decisions possible. Mainly "Do I take Toby Gerhart in case Adrian Peterson's legs exlode or do I handcuff Geno Smith with Mark Sanchez to make sure I have a bye week QB?"

JetsGuy
Sep 17, 2003

science + hockey
=
LASER SKATES
The first one of you tools who makes an "lol Vandy" joke in my thread here gets -100 points to start week 1. :mad:

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

Your team will be the winner when their recruiting violations catch up to them and the win is vacated.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

JetsGuy posted:

The first one of you tools who makes an "lol Vandy" joke in my thread here gets -100 points to start week 1. :mad:

It's so cute when little brother tries to put on his big boy pants and play football.

chrix
Jan 3, 2004

Football man, the guy with the football plan

We haven't even started and already one of my starters is injured. This is shaping up to be the best season ever!

halonx
May 4, 2005

chrix posted:

We haven't even started and already one of my starters is injured. This is shaping up to be the best season ever!

I had to double check things this morning. I thought for sure my starters would have an O next to them.

seventeen
Jan 2, 2005

What truth?

There is no powerplay.
Hot Dog Heroes have Tuel and Henne for QBs. Clearly this needs to change. I'm also in need of a RB but QB is my first priority. I'm open to moving any of my WR (Cruz, Amendola, Rice, Moore, Cooper) for a QB. If you're interested, feel free to shoot me a trade offer

commish
Sep 17, 2009

Silly Burrito posted:

Congratulations Commish on winning the David Wilson lottery.

All according to plan.

wasianchickn
Sep 4, 2006

welp

seventeen posted:

Hot Dog Heroes have Tuel and Henne for QBs. Clearly this needs to change. I'm also in need of a RB but QB is my first priority. I'm open to moving any of my WR (Cruz, Amendola, Rice, Moore, Cooper) for a QB. If you're interested, feel free to shoot me a trade offer

The illustrious Jake Locker is available. I'll take Amendola or Cruz thanks.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

JetsGuy posted:

So uh....how was your weekend?

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

JetsGuy posted:

This is the first year ever that I didn't draft a solid second QB for trades. BALLS TO THE WALL GENTLEMEN

Speaking of Balls, I traded for Montee Ball and that rear end in a top hat in Denver decided that he's not ready to be RB1 :(

Definitely should have just held onto Cam for a couple weeks.

tadashi fucked around with this message at 15:26 on Sep 4, 2013

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

tadashi posted:

Speaking of Balls, I traded for Montee Ball and that rear end in a top hat in Denver decided that he's not ready to be RB1 :(

Aaron H's Hand gun Emporium is definitely a strong team.

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Unofficial Goon Disney travel agent since 2014!

Tens of Goons served!

tadashi posted:

I picked him up in another league for the same reason. Dammit.

JetsGuy
Sep 17, 2003

science + hockey
=
LASER SKATES

Silly Burrito posted:

So uh....how was your weekend?

Considering my car tried to kill me, not great.

Doing the schedule right now.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

JetsGuy posted:

Considering my car tried to kill me, not great.

Doing the schedule right now.

I told you not to buy a car from Stephen King, but did you listen? nooooooo

JetsGuy
Sep 17, 2003

science + hockey
=
LASER SKATES

Silly Burrito posted:

I told you not to buy a car from Stephen King, but did you listen? nooooooo

BURRITO'S NEW SCHEDULE:

WK 1) ALABAMA
WK 2) ALABAMA