Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.
The DeLorean is on Amazon for $34.99, eligible for Prime.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

The guy on my local craigslist trying to sell a DeLorean for $60 is gonna be mad!

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Captain Magic posted:

So, I'm building a Galaxy Squad dropship. It's still fairly rough, and I would like some thoughts on some particular elements. (I am sorry that my phone pictures are not quite as quality as I would have hoped before uploading them)

From the front!

From the side!

From behind! (Yeah, the mech is sitting down and is fully secured)

Gatling laser guns under the wings are fully rotatable. Plus, they spin!

"Gemini" engines on the side change direction to allow for vertical movement.

Also, they detach.

Also, they combine!

Oh, it carries the Galactic Titan (which I still need to modify so it's a little less lovely). But the hanger door opens UP so that the Titan's jet module can detach without the tank having to leave the dropship.

The final product will have a better ramp for ease of moving in and out.

From the underside. Oh yeah, it's sturdy as a motherfucker.

So obviously the coloring's not completely right yet (I was going for mostly green/gray/white, with it fading into white and orange toward the back, which I hope is evident), and all the detailing along the sides is not done at all (thus all the empty technic spots).

But my questions for you guys are mostly concerning the hangar doors. Basically, the back two stages of the doors work fine, but that front bit that is closest to the ramp looks like poo poo. I think I could work around it by having a lot of curtaining parts, but I was wondering if you had a more elegant solution (even one that changed the design itself).

I also would like some space for a kind of command center--the thing is basically a hollow shell right now when it's not carrying other troops, and I wanted a space somewhere for a pilot of some kind. My initial thoughts had that planted somewhere on the hangar door, but I'm not sure about that now. Maybe in that empty space behind the mech?

this thing is loving awesome

Pyroclastic
Jan 4, 2010

Went to three Fred Meyers today hoping to find S11. Nearest one, no luck; they hardly even got any S10 in after they got burned by having huge quantities of S9 on the shelves for months. Second one had nothing, either. Third one, up on South Hill in Puyallup, I don't expect to be getting any, since they still have 11 (!) mostly-full boxes of S10 on the shelves. This is the same store where I bought a full box when they came out.
That store did have all three Advent Calendars, though. The Star Wars one was $40, the City one (which looked OK; I like that it includes an astronaut) was $30, and the Friends one was also $30. I didn't even know they were doing one; it comes with two mini-dolls and a squirrel, but the box didn't seem to show many of the builds. The SW box had the highest piece count at 254; City was 224 or something, and the Friends one was a little lighter around 214.

yourafagpleasedie
Jun 27, 2013

by zen death robot

QuarkMartial posted:

That's the one I have. The only thing I didn't like about it was that I thought it had dual exhaust and it doesn't (which I guess is my own problem and not the set's). I'd order another exhaust piece, but :effort:

I also wanted to snag the Octan tanker, too, since it's the same size and has a good boxtruck feel to it.

And its not even the shiny metal looking exhaust. What a bunch of cheap fucks

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

H3R-035 Sankari (POV) by Captain^Foo, on Flickr

Saint Sputnik
Apr 1, 2007

Tyrannosaurs in P-51 Volkswagens!

ltr posted:

Word last week from my local Lego store was this week or next. So time to start hitting up Targets and Toys'r'us again.

The new Meijer that moved into my town the other month still has a ton of S10 left. (Took a chance the last time I was in there, despite having dupes out the rear end at home, and finally got a drat librarian. Also got yet another Legionnaire.) I hope that doesn't make them shy away from getting S11, they'd be the only store within an hour's driving time to have them.

Pretty good
Apr 16, 2007

FordGT40 posted:

Has anyone here been to Legoland Windsor? I'm going this weekend and was wondering if anyone had any tips on what to see and do? I've heard there's a lot to cram into one weekend. I read somewhere that they sell discontinued sets too, or is it just your run of the mill Lego store?

I went about a decade and a half ago and it was sweet as hell. They've got a coaster with trains styled after the old big solid green dragons from the medieval kits. Can't be of more help than that, I'm afraid. Legoland :allears:

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.

Red posted:

The DeLorean is on Amazon for $34.99, eligible for Prime.

I thought this would've sold out for sure by now. I put in an order on Lego.com a week ago, even though it was backordered - but canceled it and bought from Amazon.

squarerandom
Mar 24, 2007

Obviously you're not a golfer.

Neurion posted:

Show! Show! :neckbeard:

Sorry it's late, but I'm going through a move, so It's a quick and dirty pic!

ltr
Oct 29, 2004

The Rage posted:

Just found one of those hanging endcaps at Target with the new wave. Surprising because Target is usually last to get them near me, with Fred Meyer/Kroger's getting cases first.

Going to more Targets myself today. Funnily enough, my local Lego store still says Sept 1 for minifigures, which is a Sunday so they likely have them in the back already. This is the same store that sold out of Deloreans three days before they were supposed to be released. Maybe I'll stop by on Saturday and ask about them if my trips today don't turn up any.

Pile Of Garbage
May 28, 2007

You know what LEGO need to make: licensed Thunderbird's sets. Hell, the whole show was based around awesome machines so it would make for some pretty great sets (Especially Thunderbird 2). I'm sure Gerry Anderson would approve were he alive (RIP :().

In the meantime here are some cool Thunderbirds MOCs:

Thunderbird 1: a VTOL, swing-wing hypersonic rocket plane

Thunderbird 2: supersonic, VTOL heavy transport with interchangeable cargo pods containing mission-specific equipment/vehicles

These badboys emerging from Thunderbirds 2 cargo pod are simply known as Elevator Cars and are used to help stricken planes land by operating as rolling replacement landing gear :black101:

Thunderbird 3: reusable Single Stage To Orbit spaceship

Thunderbird 4: a small submarine that is carried in one of Thunderbird 2's cargo pods

3 Action Economist
May 22, 2002

Educate. Agitate. Liberate.
Cuuso that poo poo up!

AzMiLion
Dec 29, 2010

Truck you say?

Colonial Air Force posted:

Cuuso that poo poo up!

Are those your own MOCs or not? If you need help i can probably whip up models consistent in scale with each other. Maybe some of the other LDD savvy goons could also help(Foo,Luminaflare etc)

E: micro or small scale would probably be vest for a cuusoobirs project since the huge models is not something LEGO would so i think

Pile Of Garbage
May 28, 2007

Nah they ain't mine, all my LEGO is stashed away at my mothers house. I just Googled "thunderbirds lego" and found those.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
I'm less enthusiastic about 'sculptured' Lego like TB-2 there. The size dictates it, I understand, but it feels less impressive somehow? There's no inventiveness in designing it, just a need to make sure you're getting the line of curve right. Does that make sense?

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

It's definitely not modern styling that most builders go for these days, but it still takes a ton of effort and planning.

I just see it as a build that would have been made in the 80's, when studs weren't yet considered ugly.

Ira Glass Jaw
Oct 21, 2010

So I pretty much won the Lego equivalent of the lottery today. My girlfriends store got their last shipment of series 10 in and one of the merchandisers put out a whole box. My girlfriend walked by randomly picked up a minifigure and boom Mr. Gold. Looks like tons of them were not reported since it says only 1532 have been found and my number is 4932. Now to find something to properly display it!

InfinEight
Apr 25, 2007

What planet is this again?-- OH SHIT

Skulduggery posted:

Now to find something to properly display it!

eBay.com

Otterspace
Jul 13, 2006

This is not a good idea.
I wonder what Mr. Gold's lowest price is on EBay.

Edit: You would most likely get at least $500 in an auction.

Otterspace fucked around with this message at 20:01 on Aug 29, 2013

President Kucinich
Feb 21, 2003

Bitterly Clinging to my AK47 and Das Kapital

I made an aeroplane.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

I like your aeroplane a lot.

President Kucinich
Feb 21, 2003

Captain Foo posted:

I like your aeroplane a lot.

Ah thank you. I have to say the dark gray/maroon red is my favorite color scheme.

Pyroclastic
Jan 4, 2010

Goddammit.
So we spread out a sheet and dumped one of my unsorted bins on it for my niece & nephew to play with while they were here. We left it there for a few days since they were going to be back. A couple hours ago my niece brought me a piece that was really dirty, which was strange, because these were brand new sets dumped into a bin. I went to investigate...and found two separate piles of buried cat poo poo in my Lego. And not like solid turds, he was obviously having some digestion issues.
Our cat has never gone in the house before, and I assumed he would have ignored the Lego like he's done in the past when I left it out for weeks while sorting. I have no idea how we all missed the smell. I recall catching a whiff once or twice, but never saw anything suspicious; chalked it up to cat farts. It was foul when we were scooping up the worst stuff.

Took the worst pieces and the surrounding ones outside and hosed them off through a strainer, then put the entire bin into the tub and filled it with soapy water. After a rinse, it'll get a dose of sterilizer, which hopefully won't bleach the plastics or paint. 35 gallons of Lego. It's going to take forever to dry.

Moral of the story: If you have cats, don't leave a mound of Lego on the ground.

loving cat.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

If there's no printed bricks, just toss 'em in a pillow sack and tie it in a knot then put it in the dish washer. Some people put theirs in the washing machine but I think it scratches the pieces up too much bouncing around like that.

But a dish washer will give them a nice long bath in hot water.

President Kucinich
Feb 21, 2003

Pyroclastic posted:

Moral of the story: If you have cats, don't leave a mound of Lego on the ground.

loving cat.

Oh god. I've always had my legos in a big blue bin and way back when one of the cats peed in it.

It's bullshit. Cats pissing and making GBS threads on legos is bullshit.

Captain Scandinaiva
Mar 29, 2010

That plane of yours, President Kucinich, is awesome. Like what you did with the pistols there.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Moral of the story: don't own cats because they are assholes and will ruin everything. Problem solved.

AllisonByProxy
Feb 24, 2006

FUCK TERFS/BLM/ACAB
Got a few of the new castle sets and the dragon inspired me to do another Dark Souls themed MOC.

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.

AllisonByProxy posted:

Got a few of the new castle sets and the dragon inspired me to do another Dark Souls themed MOC.

This is rad.
Good shot!

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Bury my body down by the highwayside, so that my old evil spirit can get a Greyhound bus and ride

Captain Scandinaiva posted:

That plane of yours, President Kucinich, is awesome. Like what you did with the pistols there.

They do that with the British-looking monster hunter's car, as well. I think from the werewolf monster hunter's set. It is a cool little technique.

Ira Glass Jaw
Oct 21, 2010

I thought about it but the completionist in me won't let me :negative:

If anyone's still looking it was the very first minifigure on the right side. Don't know if they're all packaged like that but maybe that will help narrow it down.

squarerandom
Mar 24, 2007

Obviously you're not a golfer.

AllisonByProxy posted:

Oh myyyy :swoon: :allears:

Rathina
Jan 8, 2001
Here is a link to 40% off some Lego Sets @ yoyo.com I think it is today only. http://slickdeals.net/f/6250050-YoY...99#post61640644

I got the Lego Mine

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
I picked up the Helicarrier Escape set from Walmart for $35. Pretty sweet deal.

smackfu
Jun 7, 2004

Rathina posted:

Here is a link to 40% off some Lego Sets @ yoyo.com I think it is today only. http://slickdeals.net/f/6250050-YoY...99#post61640644

I got the Lego Mine
Good deal, I wish there was something I wanted to buy.

Guzwar
Feb 21, 2006
Everything's coming up Milhouse!

AllisonByProxy posted:

This is great!

How will you do the bell tower demon?

RodShaft
Jul 31, 2003
Like an evil horny Santa Claus.

Rathina posted:

I got the Lego Mine

I need the Vampyre Castle. Why can't they carry that one?

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.

President Kucinich posted:

I made an aeroplane.

I'm getting a big "Crimson Skies" vibe from this. I love it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sloppy
Apr 25, 2003

Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere.

President Kucinich posted:

I made an aeroplane.

This rules, and I really appreciate that you didn't hide studs, it adds a lot to it.